As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition] Triple Skulls is where it's at!

• FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    1-Banzai5150: Orcs
    2-Zombie Hero: Pro Elves
    3-Lord Palington: Norse
    4-KafkaAU: Goblins
    5-BlitzAce1981: High Elves
    6-ElvenShae: Wood Elves
    7-Kafka87: Necromantic
    8-Draeven: Vampire
    9-Drake: Dwarf
    10-Custom Special: Humans
    11-TheInspector: Lizardmen
    12-VeeVee: Norse
    13-Stopgap: Dark Elves
    14-moleface: Skaven
    15-Gnizmo: Necromantic
    16-DocShifty: Amazon
    17-Gabriel Pitt: Ogre
    18-Drome High Elves
    19-Foomy Ogre
    20-DudemanX At Bat
    21-Extreaminatus On Deck
    22-papercuts6
    23-TheLawinator
    24-TNTrooper
    25-ebotastic
    26-Rami

So Far:

Dark Elves: 1
    Dwarfs: 1
    Orcs: 1
    Skaven: 1
    Lizardmen: 1
    Chaos: 0
    Wood Elves: 1
    Goblins: 1
    Humans: 1
    Undead: 0
    Khemri: 0
    Norse: 2
    Elves(pro): 1
    Halfling: 0
    Amazon: 1
    Ogre: 2
    Necromantic: 2
    Nurgle: 0
    Vampire: 1
    High Elves: 2

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • DudemanXDudemanX Riverhead, NYRegistered User regular
    18-Drome: High Elves
    19-Foomy: Ogre
    20-DudemanX: Skaven
    21-Extreaminatus: At Bat
    22-papercuts6: On Deck
    23-TheLawinator
    24-TNTrooper
    25-ebotastic
    26-Rami

So Far:

Skaven: 2
    Chaos: 0

Tentatively grabbing my beloved rats. May switch to Chaos/Nurgle claw pomb cheese if bribed or asked nicely.

Steam: DudemanX3
    Discord: Dudeman#9279 - Battle.net: Dudeman#1385
    Twitch: CrashTestJonny - XBox: CrshTstJonny
    Nintendo Switch: SW-4469-1892-0302
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I'm totally surprised nobody has picked Chaos yet. Chaos Warriors are ridiculously good.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Chaos warriors with mighty blow + piling on + claw = death machines.

Not to mention one of 2 teams where every player can get guard on a normal roll.

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    that and no khemri teams yet also.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

Mutations on normal rolls means you can get some highly, highly specialized players if you preferred a complex game over one where you murder everyone.

Steam
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    I had thought about playing a Chaos team, but never have tried them and fear that If I did pick them, I'd end up hating them like I did my Human team :(

50433.png?1708759015
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    Chaos are boring.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
    I'm totally surprised nobody has picked Chaos yet.

Yeah, I'm blown away that all the awesome teams I want to play are still there at 20.
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    Chaos warriors with mighty blow + piling on + claw = death machines.

Don't forget frenzy ;)

It's not out of the question to have a claw pombing beastman or two either. Chaos is where it's at if you want to play murder ball.

Ideally I'll get a double on a Stormvermin and turn them into a claw pomb monster too.

I thought about Chaos or Khemri to emphasise the Blood in Blood Bowl, but then I thought I could probably do just as much damage with goblins, and have a little more fun whilst I'm at it.

steam_sig.png
    chaos are easy, hit the squishy stuff tell it doesn't get up anymore and then move on to the next target, tell everyone stops getting up.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

edited March 2012
    Ok, we have 27 people that are showing interest and have 26 drawing for teams. I heard mentioned a hard cap at 30, does anyone agree/disagree? I will need ONE more person to sign up for real before I can move it from 26 to 28 though.

And now, for stuff you've all been waiting for:

Apothecary: Yes/No (?)
    Max Re-rolls: 8 (?)
    Magic: Wizard/Racial Scrolls:Wizard(?)
    Max Fan Factor: 18(?)
    Max Cheerleaders: 10(?)
    Max Level of players:7(?)

Equipment:(?) inclined to not have this.
    Extended inducements:(?) not sure
    Kick Off Events:(?) inclined to keep
    Star Players:(?) not sure

All the (?)'s need discussion/input

notes:
    Apoths, Max RRs, Max FF, Max Cheerleaders (not sure if this is also Assistant Coaches) and Max level of players are self explanatory.
    Magic selects Wizards (fireball/lightning bolt) or racial scrolls (see useful info sticky for a link to details).
    Equipment allows the use of player-bought equipment (a "blitz" rule).
    Extended inducements allows potions, player bribes, and other "blitz" mode inducements.
    Training allows the pre-match training minigame.
    Kick Off events enables the KO table
    Star Players enables stars

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
    edited March 2012
    Apothecary: Yes
    Max Re-rolls: 4 or 5 imo
    Magic: Wizard/Racial Scrolls: Yes
    Max Fan Factor: whatevs
    Max Cheerleaders: whatevs
    Max Level of players: 7

Equipment: No
    Extended inducements: Sure?
    Kick Off Events: Yes
    Star Players: Yes

DudemanX on
    Max Re-rolls: 8,sounds good ive never run into anyone with more then 5 to behonest.
    Magic: Wizards, would be fine if you ask me. Doesn't always live up to the destruction you hope for.
    Max Fan Factor: 18, sounds good we could even go as low as 12 but its what ever.
    Max Cheerleaders: 10, sounds good
    Max Level of players:7, dont have a problem with this either

Equipment:No, equipment please.
    Extended inducements:I think inducements are great when the other tream has you be at least 200 so i see no reason to change this.
    Kick Off Events:Definatly wouldn't be Blood bowl with out the random kickoff events.
    Star Players: I dont feel they are game breaking so wouldn't have a problem with them

Apoth: Yes
    Max Rerolls: 8
    Magic: Wizard
    Max Fan Factor: Nobody Cares
    Max Cheerleaders: Ditto
    Max Level of Characters: 7, even though nobody is reaching that this season

Equipment: Equipment sucks. It is so awful.
    Extended Inducements: Another cyanide invention, and they are all terrible things.
    Kick-off Events: Hell Yes
    Star Players: Fuck Yeah.

Steam
    also with the star polayers, maybe turn them off for the playoffs ?

And since I didn't want to further mess up the previous post, here is a Note of serious fucking concern.

While playing around in the League Creation tool that fucked up worthless Cyanide has for us.

26 Teams - Cup = 1 Pool(No other option exists for more)
    26 Teams - Championship = 1 Division(No other option exists for more)

I am at a loss for words here. Bumping it to 28 Teams gives us a whopping choice of 1 or 2 Pool/Divisions. How in the bloody fucking hell, can such a shitty UI be still in place? Or am I missing something?

Anyway, before you get all fearful that the League won't happen, don't. If worse comes to fucking worse, I will hand craft a fucking League schedule using Pools, etc, and run it from an Open League stand point.

Or, we can use the OBBLM Site I had created - remember that is more work for you as you have to do some downloading/uploading/updating before/after your matches.

Discuss!

50433.png?1708759015
  • GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Apoth: Yes
    Max Rerolls: 8
    Max Fan Factor: Nobody Cares
    Max Cheerleaders: Ditto
    Max Level of Characters: 7, even though nobody is reaching that this season

Equipment: Equipment sucks. It is so awful.
    Extended Inducements: Another cyanide invention, and they are all terrible things.
    Kick-off Events: Hell Yes
    Star Players: Fuck Yeah.

I agree with this.

I was actually tempted to try out Chaos or Khemri, but I have no idea how to play them. I kind of want to ease into regular play with teams I can win with occasionally. Honestly I think the Chaos or Khemri are more my play style long term. Maybe next go around when I have grown used to losing regularly.

Are there any websites or somethingthat can assist with schedule making? An open league would add flexibility, but making a huge schedule is something that would be a nightmare by hand?

What about having two leagues, and having the champion of each league play each other at the end? Does that extend our pool options, but maybe we need a multiple of four or something.

Steam
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    DudemanX wrote: »
    21-Extreaminatus: Chaos
    22-papercuts6: At Bat
    23-TheLawinator: On Deck
    24-TNTrooper
    25-ebotastic
    26-Rami

So Far:

Chaos: 1

I'm gonna run some Chaos mans up and down the pitch. Maybe even get a touchdown or 2.

Extreaminatus on
  • Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    I'll throw my hat in if you need another. I'll send you a PM, Banzai.

And yeah, all of the better leagues I've seen have just used "Open" teams and organized everything on their own. Kudos to Cyanide for doing a faithful adaptation of the game, but everything that they did on their own is terrible.

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
    Are there any websites or somethingthat can assist with schedule making? An open league would add flexibility, but making a huge schedule is something that would be a nightmare by hand?

What about having two leagues, and having the champion of each league play each other at the end? Does that extend our pool options, but maybe we need a multiple of four or something.

To be honest? When I was first researching setting up the league initially I THOUGHT I had to do all the scheduling, and found several website/programs/etc that do that, so setting them up wouldn't be that much of a nightmare that I can see. That being said. I just don't know. I feel like I've been gut punched once again by Cyanide.

50433.png?1708759015
  • GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    And since I didn't want to further mess up the previous post, here is a Note of serious fucking concern.

While playing around in the League Creation tool that fucked up worthless Cyanide has for us.

26 Teams - Cup = 1 Pool(No other option exists for more)
    26 Teams - Championship = 1 Division(No other option exists for more)

I am at a loss for words here. Bumping it to 28 Teams gives us a whopping choice of 1 or 2 Pool/Divisions. How in the bloody fucking hell, can such a shitty UI be still in place? Or am I missing something?

Anyway, before you get all fearful that the League won't happen, don't. If worse comes to fucking worse, I will hand craft a fucking League schedule using Pools, etc, and run it from an Open League stand point.

Or, we can use the OBBLM Site I had created - remember that is more work for you as you have to do some downloading/uploading/updating before/after your matches.

Discuss!

Would manually splitting the divisions into separate tournaments manually be more of a logistical nightmare than manual scheduling?

This is the standard ruleset for true BB:

Max Re-rolls: 8
    Max Fan Factor: 18
    Max Cheerleaders: 10
    Max Level of players:7

Equipment: No
    Extended inducements: No
    Kick Off Events: Yes
    Star Players: Yes

You need an apothecary, otherwise teams with regeneration are at a significant advantage.

8 rerolls is one per turn, it's a balancing act, you can buy all 8, but you'll be giving away a shitton of inducements for probably not much value.

Wizards are standard and are a good inducement.

Max FF: 18 is the theoretical maximum, in practice you won't get above 12ish as the way it works is, after each match you roll 3D6, if its higher than your current FF, it goes up, if its not, it stays the same (if you win, it goes down if you lose).

Cheerleaders/AC same as rerolls, 10 is the max, but its TV you probably don't need.

7 levels is standard, 6 increases.

As a note: If star players are off, I'll be changing my team.

On the league progression:

I'd be happy to help and draw up a schedule using excel and throw it into a google docs sheet. That way we could just be in an open league type format and do it all manual. This would rely on people being honest and not playing extra matches and would require people to report the score from their games (I'm sure this isn't an issue, we are all classy gents). I'm pretty sure this also would remove the validation step (unless that's an option in the league creator) which means there may be bad stuff happening if people disconnect. The open league format would also allow for teams that aren't in the play off to play some "challenge" matches whilst the play-offs are being done.

steam_sig.png
    This is the standard ruleset for true BB:
    I'd be happy to help and draw up a schedule using excel and throw it into a google docs sheet. That way we could just be in an open league type format and do it all manual. This would rely on people being honest and not playing extra matches and would require people to report the score from their games (I'm sure this isn't an issue, we are all classy gents). I'm pretty sure this also would remove the validation step (unless that's an option in the league creator) which means there may be bad stuff happening if people disconnect. The open league format would also allow for teams that aren't in the play off to play some "challenge" matches whilst the play-offs are being done.

I'm still Looking at options right now and the google docs thing is cool, but I can handle that as well, I'm already doing the PA Steam Coupon doc what's one more?

50433.png?1708759015
    Yep, doing a fine job too, just offering in case you wanted some help ;)

steam_sig.png
    edited March 2012
    Yep, doing a fine job too, just offering in case you wanted some help ;)

Oh I appreciate it, and don't take my responses negatively as I'm a bit sleep deprived and cranky, and trying to not let it out on anyone by mistake.

With that being said - I have 2 more people that have signed up making us a 28 team league.

So someone kindly add:

Moridin889
    Tiger Burning

to the end of the Draft list please.

With 28 people I can create this now:

Championship - 7 Divisions (so that's 4 teams per Division so you'd play 3 other teams and play offs - Turnaround is 3 weeks + playoffs) note: I may be misinterpreting this damn thing since a Championship is a Round Robin where everyone plays everyone else once in a knock out system.

which is what I WANTED a 4 team pool/division.

I hear we may have ONE more person wanting in, waiting to hear back. IF that happens, we will need ONE MORE on top of that to put us to 30, which will allow us 5 Divisions(6 teams per Division so you'd play 5 other teams and play offs - turnaround is 5 weeks+ playoffs), which is still a very doable number of games.

We're going to be LOCKED at 2830...

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
    Note for people who didn't make it and still want a league: The extension league's season should wrap up in a couple of weeks, so stay tuned.

Steam
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    @Sharp101 Link that website you have for your blood bowl thing to show these guys!

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
  • VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    How the hell do you guys play as skavens and other squishy teams? I just tried a fresh skaven against a fresh elf team and 6 dead rats later I'm never playing them again

Edit: Yeah Banzai has one of those, but it looks like we got a magic number of players to use the in game league shit

Veevee on
    Sharp101 wrote: »

Yeah that's OBBLM I have one created for us, I just am leery that enough people will be willing to do the upload/download part of it. How have you been faring with it?

50433.png?1708759015
    tell me what to do and ill try to figure it out

Draeven wrote: »
    tell me what to do and ill try to figure it out

Basically the process is this:

Go to the website - find out who you're playing with and schedule your date/time to play
    Time to play? OK
    Go to the website and DOWNLOAD your team to a file. Save the file and then copy it to the appropriate directory in blood bowl.
    Open Blood Bowl
    do not go to the online go to, I think it's LAN play - and choose Direct Connect.
    figure out who's hosting and get the IP address and put it in and connect.
    play your match
    ONE of the coaches then has to take two files in two different locations of blood bowl, zip them up, and UPLOAD them to the website so it knows what happened.
    Then go and do whatever you need to do to your team

repeat

50433.png?1708759015
    Speed League Season 2: Day 1 ( Started: 5 March Ends: 8 March )
    Custom Special vs DocShifty
    Bizazedo vs Banzai5150
    Stopgap vs [PA]Drake
    Veevee vs TheLawinator

50433.png?1708759015
  • papercuts6papercuts6 Registered User regular
    22-papercuts6: Dark Elves
    23-TheLawinator: At Bat
    24-TNTrooper: On Deck
    25-ebotastic
    26-Rami

So Far:

Dark Elves: 2

22-papercuts6: Dark Elves
    23-TheLawinator: At Bat
    24-TNTrooper: On Deck
    25-ebotastic
    26-Rami
    27-Moridin889
    28-Tiger Burning

So Far:

Dark Elves: 2

50433.png?1708759015
    God damn I'm a posting machine, sorry to keep going on and on.

We have one more person interested, so that's 29. Need one more to make 30.

50433.png?1708759015
    That sounds highly convaluted, you would think they would of added a ton of differnt league options.

• KharnastusKharnastus Registered User regular
    I want in on this, I dont know what team I should play yet though... ok dibs on Khemri.