As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 02/29/2012 - Come with me if you want to live

UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
edited February 2012 in Graphic Violence
Amazing Spider-Man #680 featured Johnny and Peter broing out to go save John Jameson on the space station. Great interaction between the two, though the way the artist draws human faces still bothers me a bit.
3hcxn.jpg
uvAA4.jpg

FF #15 features the Power Pack. The FF kids and Power pack battle "evolved" moloids as they try to take Sol's Anvil from them.
Q5g4O.jpg
7uv2S.jpg

Justice League #6, We need Superman.
dFx4O.jpg
A3kDN.jpg

Ultimate Comics The Ultimates #7 features the return of the hulk, with other very interesting events. Sets up the People vs the Children of Tomorrow in a really well done way. Really hope Humphries will be able to almost match the quality of this book when he comes on.
4zpcp.jpg
wWkC4.jpg
nqdUQ.jpg
sD11Q.jpg

Ultimate Comics X-Men #8 is starting to become one of my favorite books, Karen Grant is crazy powerful currently and Spencer is setting up some crazy stuff.
VJ4sd.jpg
63JiV.jpg
gonMP.jpg

Venom #13.4 continues to have awesome Rulk/Venom scenes. Also, that ending!
2vaWs.jpg
MV0Ny.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
UltimateInferno on

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    The end of that Ultimate X-Men scan. Is that suppose to be a revelation? I thought it had long been established.

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Yeah, that bit was revealed in Ultimate X

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Yeah, it was, but think the "reveal" is more to show off Xorn's mind control or whatever is up there, it isn't meant to be a "revelation" or anything.

UltimateInferno on

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    So they're going to make a play that Xorn and Zorn are mind controlling people to their will ?

Astonishing X-Men #47 ends a good arc, as evil Xavier realizes our Cyclops is totally cool and not like the other multiverse Cyclops', plus double the fun with two Emmas:

xmenastonishing47a.jpg

xmenastonishing47b.jpg

xmenastonishing47c.jpg

• Options
    TexiKen wrote:
    So they're going to make a play that Xorn and Zorn are mind controlling people to their will ?

Either that or Karen/Jean is even more fragile than everyone thought and Xorn is just taking advantage of that. (I think)

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I don't think it's anything sinister or mind-controlly. Jean Grey psionically disguised herself with a new identity at the start of Ultimate X - both as a safety measure in a world that knew Jean Grey was a mutant, and as a way to hide from her past as an X-Man, which was filled with a lot of misery. What I got is that this scene represents her being able to drop the mask and be at peace with everything that's led her to this point.

'Course, I'm saying this having only seen those scans and not the entire issue...

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    I thought that she'd just dyed her hair.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote:

Either that or Karen/Jean is even more fragile than everyone thought and Xorn is just taking advantage of that. (I think)

If so I wouldn't consider it taking advantage. Jean working for Xorn makes a lot of sense compared to working for Fury. Do we already know what Fury has on her?

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    TexiKen wrote:

If so I wouldn't consider it taking advantage. Jean working for Xorn makes a lot of sense compared to working for Fury. Do we already know what Fury has on her?

He may have made promises to her concerning her former teammates in the govt. camps. Other than that, I couldn't imagine he has much to offer her.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote:

He may have made promises to her concerning her former teammates in the govt. camps. Other than that, I couldn't imagine he has much to offer her.

I don't think that can be it though. Fury specifically said it was something she couldn't take by force. She is mind controlling the whole damn planet over her being in two places at once. If that was what Jean wanted I think they'ed already be out and nobody would notice.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Tiny Titans #49, fun with orange lantern oranges:

tinytitans49a.jpg

• Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    FF is such a great book, but it's starting to feel more like a director's cut than absolutely essential. It's full of so many earnestly heartfelt character moments, and I worry that when it all gets collected, a lot of people are going to just ignore it and stick with only the F4 volume.

But that and Ultimates were by far, hands down, the best things I read this week. It's great to see all the pieces falling magnificently into place in both series.

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    My MOTW is Hope with a jetpack that's in EVERY COMIC this week.

Looking forward to AvX.

• Options
    Ohhhhh maan, guys.

I have a moment of the week from a book I don't think any of you read, and I don't have a scanner so I had to take pictures with my phone.

Gotta upload them, but I am SO EXCITED.

• Options
    OK!

Infestation 2: Team Up One Shot was one of the best books I have read in years. It was a crossover between a humorous take-off on the stereotypical little grey Roswell alien from some super-obscure IDW book, and motherfucking Batboy from the Weekly World News. I wasn't sure what to expect when I was reading it, but it turned out to be pretty much the best thing ever.

The story is that the little alien dude gets tossed across the country through the most contrived, nonsensical circumstances: Cthulu just picks him up and tosses him from Roswell to NYC in order to move the story along. When he touches down, Batboy is right there. At that point it quickly turns into a meta-textual critique of big superhero events comics.

Batboy and the Alien form an instant friendship and the Alien remarks that it's unlike his normal crossovers, because they didn't fight first. They decide to grab a beer together, so they go to TZ's bar, where the bartender is Rod Serling. Serling is trying to convince them that crossover events are weird, unique and exciting moments that need to be fully experienced.

From there, Batboy and the Alien relate tales of their previous crossovers to eachother.

Now, obviously, the best part of this are the reinterpretations. Some of them were so fucking brilliant that I busted out my phone and took some shots while I was at the comic shop reading this. The pictures are pretty crappy, cause my phone is, so be warned.

Image03022012193629.jpg

Do you guys remember when Violent J broke Batboy's back?

Image030220121936591.jpg

The alien relives House of M.

Image03022012193709.jpg

I couldn't figure out what this one was supposed to be. He described it as the one where he "wore a snake hat" and was "attacked by Atlanteans."

• Options
    ArrynArryn Ask not the Innkeeper For destiny is thy name!Registered User regular
    that's the serpent crown. long time evil artifact in the Avengers, was recently seen in the first Secret Avengers arc.