As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Document the Atrocities! The American Political Media

• GinraiGinrai Registered User regular
    As a tribute to the man who gave this eulogy for Ted Kennedy, I shall be drowning my sorrows with champagne.

Also it seems fitting that even though this was first reported on his own site, everyone else needed some form of confirmation.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Here are the highlights from the first 20 posts of the "Breitbart is Dead" thread on freerepublic.
    He must have had something big on the administration.
    He announces that he has tapes of obama and he he is now dead????????
    I just saw this on Drudge. WTF?? Natural causes? What the hell does that mean? He just died and they are declaring it immediately as “natural causes”? Obamacide?
    First thing I thought. I wouldn’t put it past the POS.

Tragic! WOW! Move on over Vince Foster!

I smell a BIG rat here!

oh god

oh my god

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
    Did ABC just say that 'Big Government broke the ACORN child sex trafficking scandal'?!

Oh my god, what is wrong with this fucking 'liberal' media?!

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Ginrai wrote: »
    Did ABC just say that 'Big Government broke the ACORN child sex trafficking scandal'?!

Oh my god, what is wrong with this fucking 'liberal' media?!
    Dead people aren't allowed to be called "Fuckers who made up a really stupid 'scandal' about low level employees doing the proper thing and a few who didn't."

• MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    I never know what to feel during events like this. I disliked the man. But I feel bad for his family. 43 is way too young.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    I never know what to feel during events like this. I disliked the man. But I feel bad for his family. 43 is way too young.

I am sympathetic to his family and actual loved ones. But make no mistake, he can no longer produce his bullshit videos, falsified evidence as it were, and for that I am glad. I said it elsewhere, I would've been fine with another means of his work coming to a stop. But oh well. Seriously not a pleasant humanbeing.

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote:

I think Clarence Darrow summed up my thoughts on the matter quite well. I feel sad for his family, especially considering he left behind young children. But at the same time, he was a major contributor to the ugly nature of politics today, and his passing weakens the support assclowning geese like O'Keeffe have.

I do think that this puts his bizarre behaviour at CPAC in context though - it looks like he had something seriously wrong medically with him.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    Palin wrote:
    We are all stunned and saddened by the news of Andrew Breitbart’s passing. Andrew was a warrior who stood on the side of what was right. He defended what was right. He defended the defenseless.

It is so sad to consider his four young children who have lost their dad. All our prayers are with his family now. May God comfort his wife and children.

Many of us will have life-long memories of our work or encounters with Andrew. May we draw on those to help forward the cause of fighting for what is right. For me, just one of those memories was in Pella, Iowa, last year after the premier of “The Undefeated.” Andrew held court in the restaurant at the local hotel talking about his favorite topic: how “culture is upstream of politics” and how conservatives must be unafraid to fight the leftwing media, cultural, and political establishments. The loss of his voice in this fight will be deeply felt, but thankfully his work lives on at his “Bigs,” and thank God for his inspiration and leadership.

God bless you, Andrew. Rest in peace, friend. We will continue the fight.
    What.

• TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Palin wrote:
    We are all stunned and saddened by the news of Andrew Breitbart’s passing. Andrew was a warrior who stood on the side of what was right. He defended what was right. He defended the defenseless.

It is so sad to consider his four young children who have lost their dad. All our prayers are with his family now. May God comfort his wife and children.

Many of us will have life-long memories of our work or encounters with Andrew. May we draw on those to help forward the cause of fighting for what is right. For me, just one of those memories was in Pella, Iowa, last year after the premier of “The Undefeated.” Andrew held court in the restaurant at the local hotel talking about his favorite topic: how “culture is upstream of politics” and how conservatives must be unafraid to fight the leftwing media, cultural, and political establishments. The loss of his voice in this fight will be deeply felt, but thankfully his work lives on at his “Bigs,” and thank God for his inspiration and leadership.

God bless you, Andrew. Rest in peace, friend. We will continue the fight.
    What.

Those poor, rich republicans who had no defense against ACORN registering those evil poor people to vote.

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I would normally do the decent human being thing and say sucks for his family, but maybe his children will grow up more well adjusted without him.

He was an unstable terrible human being that was a cancer on the national discourse.

override367 on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Well. When I loaded up google news just now and saw the breitbart thing my immediate thought was "good".

Which kind of disturbed me because I thought my brain reserved that kind of immediate reaction to people like Bin Laden.

Of course then my second thought was "great, the fucking nutcases who bought anything this guy said will have another bullshit conspiracy in his death now to throw around in political "discussion" along with his birth certificate, his religion, etc"

I don't particularly like being, at the very least, approving of someone, anyones, death. I was pretty surprised at myself that was my gut reaction.

I do feel bad for his family at their loss, I mean, losing a family member is always hard. Even people you know were terrible human beings.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    My gut reactions were:

1) 'How do you die from natural causes at 43? That is WAY too young to be talking about natural causes.'
    2) '...well, I guess this is what being angry and stressed out all the time does to your heart.'

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    You can die of natural causes when you're twelve.

Lh96QHG.png
    The Drudge Report on the death:
    DEAR READER: In the first decade of the DRUDGEREPORT Andrew Breitbart was a constant source of energy, passion and commitment. We shared a love of headlines, a love of the news, an excitement about what’s happening. I don’t think there was a single day during that time when we did not flash each other or laugh with each other, or challenge each other. I still see him in my mind’s eye in Venice Beach, the sunny day I met him. He was in his mid 20′s. It was all there. He had a wonderful, loving family and we all feel great sadness for them today… MDRUDGE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4od4QQVK1o

If he acted like that all the time then it very likely had an affect on his health.

• MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Gosling wrote: »
    My gut reactions were:

1) 'How do you die from natural causes at 43? That is WAY too young to be talking about natural causes.'
    2) '...well, I guess this is what being angry and stressed out all the time does to your heart.'

NPR this morning said unknown causes, and that an autopsy was pending.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    I actually read the first page of comments for that video.
    Breaking News: Andrew Breitbart's life selectively edited before redeeming part.

That is almost funny, except that I have doubts as to whether there were any redeeming parts to it.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Good riddance. The world is a better place without him.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Barrakketh wrote: »
    I actually read the first page of comments for that video.
    Breaking News: Andrew Breitbart's life selectively edited before redeeming part.

That is almost funny, except that I have doubts as to whether there were any redeeming parts to it.

"I don't believe this story since it was posted on a Breibart owned website" was another good one.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    I wished many a painful rash on Andrew Breitbart, but I never wished death on him...

Gawker reviews the conspiracies :

http://m.gawker.com/5889618/

I think this line is what wins:
    And so Breitbart died the way he lived: surrounded by partisan rancor and conspiracy theories. He would have wanted it this way.

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    I want to feel bad about someone dying. I feel... wrong... about being glad that someone has died. Especially at the young age of 43. Christ, just 13 years older than I am. That's way too young to go. I should feel empathy that someone barely my senior died of natural causes.

But I can't. This guy was a malignant tumor on American politics; one of many. He and his have done terrible damage to the American consciousness over the years through endless deception and pandering.

I weep for his family, but for the man himself I can only muster a "good, America just got one person less evil".

I feel awful for feeling this way. Fuck you, American Political Climate, for forcing me to confront my own hypocrisy like this.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I don't feel bad at all. The world's a better place without him in it, and I would say his kids are too, but anyone willing to marry him must be like-minded, so I hold no hopes for the kids.

When we find a way to weed out people who are participating in this political partisan b.s. just o make a name of themselves or enrich themselves, our country can start to move forward again.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Is someone gonna release a video memorial of him that's been falsely edited to make him look like a decent person?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Are the unedited ACORN tapes available somewhere to compare to the edited versions?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• OctoparrotOctoparrot Registered User regular
    Best comment from the Kennedy twitter link:
    I hope Breitbart will be given the same courtesy he gave to Ted Kennedy and his family upon his death. It's the least he deserves.

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    I'm curious, but do the methods used by Brietbart and his ilk make them particularly susceptible to libel and slander claims? When you take video and edit it down to eliminate any context, leaving a video that says the complete opposite of what it originally said, you seemingly fall right into the "actual malice" standard that is used in libel and slander cases.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I wouldn't have called him anything but a piece of human filth last week and he hasn't done anything to change that since then. Death does not absolve him of his acts in life.

Fuck him to hell, the world is a bit better place today.

shryke on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I definitely want to know the results of that autopsy.

43.....I'm not that much younger than that!

And frankly, I think James O'Keeffe is probably doing an impressive rendition of an incontinent goose today.

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    To the people asking why people would idolize a liar and fraud: he pissed off liberals. Why doesn't matter.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Here are the highlights from the first 20 posts of the "Breitbart is Dead" thread on freerepublic.
    He must have had something big on the administration.
    He announces that he has tapes of obama and he he is now dead????????
    I just saw this on Drudge. WTF?? Natural causes? What the hell does that mean? He just died and they are declaring it immediately as “natural causes”? Obamacide?
    First thing I thought. I wouldn’t put it past the POS.

Tragic! WOW! Move on over Vince Foster!

I smell a BIG rat here!

oh god

oh my god

I was going to work with my boss(R) who is a huge glen beck fan(or used to be), he had on his satillite radio, and was all like "HEY DIANNAOCHONG ITS YOUR FAVORITE PERSON" as a joke and cranked it. Beck basically said "you know what guys? this is stupid, they guy had known health problems, its sad he died, get over this nonsense".

When glenn beck is a bastion of sanity over that nonsense, I expected frogs to be raining down on the car.

steam_sig.png
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    shryke wrote: »
    I wouldn't have called him anything but a piece of human filth last week and he hasn't done anything to change that since then. Death does not absolve him of his acts in life.

Fuck, I was going to say this. His work was his legacy, and that's how he should be remembered. For better or worse.
    And frankly, I think James O'Keeffe is probably doing an impressive rendition of an incontinent goose today.

Funny you should mention that.

Edit: I just figured out how Obama killed Breitbart!
    death-note.jpg

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
    Zython wrote: »

Funny you should mention that.

Wow. There's stupid, there's epic stupid, and then there's...this. It's not everyday that you see someone walk into the lion's den wearing a prosciutto toga.

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/213647-gohmert-honors-breitbarts-life-and-work-in-emotional-floor-speech
    Gohmert also drew an analogy between Breitbart and John Quincy Adams, saying that Adams's early effort to argue for the abolishment of slavery inspired Abraham Lincoln, who succeeded.
    Fuck this whitewashing.

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    The country would be significantly better today if he'd kicked at at 23.

And I'd bet dollars to donuts that we're going to be in better shape in twenty years than if he'd kicked it at 63.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    The country would be significantly better today if he'd kicked at at 23.

And I'd bet dollars to donuts that we're going to be in better shape in twenty years than if he'd kicked it at 63.

Funny, I just wished the same should happen to Grover Norquist yesterday on this board.

Sorry guys, I missed.

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Death only makes them martyrs. I don't want Norquist dead, I want him discredited and living in shamed anonymity in some backwater where he belongs. A long, long life that benefits from all the best of civilization.

Lh96QHG.png
  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    It blows my mind that hes gotten so far on an idea he came up with when he was 12 years old.

Im pretty sure at 12 I thought it would be a great idea if TVs could make the food you see on TV for you, kind of like a replicator that could make whatever you see sort of thing. If only I had stuck with that idea the world would be a much different place.

This discussion has been closed.