As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Postage Machine Options?

ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
edited February 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
So, my office currently leases a Pitney-Bowes postage machine. Our lease is about to expire, so I was wondering what our other options are? There are about 18 people in the office, and we do about $200 a week in postage.

Thanatos on

• Options
    CauldCauld Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    just about everywhere I've worked has used a Neopost device. They seem to have a variety of options, though apparently you have to ask them to send you more information. www.neopost.com

Cauld on
  • Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Stay away from g2 and neoppst. The sql connection constantly drops between meter and computer.

mrt144 on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Anyone used Stamps.com software, or any similar e-postage software?

It looks cheaper, and like it has considerably more functionality. What's the downside, other than needing a computer to use it?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I've heard good things about Endicia but never used them personally.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    We use Endicia (and the Dazzle software) for our media mail shipments. I can't complain. We have some traditional ups/fedex type printers for the tags, and the system is setup to be either very robust or very simple depending on your needs (I pretty much only use it for media and priority mailings on textbooks, but it's able to be setup for all kinds of goodies like international and whatnot).

The only thing I can't comment on is a good scale interface. I generally have my textbook weights pre-loaded from a database, so I have never tried setting one up in conjunction with the Dazzle software. Looks easy enough, though.

• Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    I used stamps.com, I don't use it anymore. I thought I could print the postage directly on to the envelope as we do in my company with our presorted stamps.

They just send you a sheet of blank stamps and you print them out and glue them to the envelope or what ever it is you're shipping. The hidden cost is ink/toner.

If you produce mail pieces in bulk amounts you could qualify for a Presorted Indicia permit. We have one at my company, we just place the presorted stamp on our mail and off it goes to our subscribers. I'll need to get back to you on the minimum amount that will allow you to qualify.

• Options
    I used stamps.com, I don't use it anymore. I thought I could print the postage directly on to the envelope as we do in my company with our presorted stamps.

They just send you a sheet of blank stamps and you print them out and glue them to the envelope or what ever it is you're shipping. The hidden cost is ink/toner.

If you produce mail pieces in bulk amounts you could qualify for a Presorted Indicia permit. We have one at my company, we just place the presorted stamp on our mail and off it goes to our subscribers. I'll need to get back to you on the minimum amount that will allow you to qualify.
    We don't really do bulk mail. But according to their website, stamps.com does print directly on envelopes, and they throw in a free USB scale.

• Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    Well, I used it a couple of years ago, maybe things have changed. Back then, I had a long conversation with the customer service department on how I could do this, they said "Why would you want to do that?". I found that they weren't really knowledgeable about anything mail related beyond their product.