As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

IC Star Wars Saga Jabba's Palace- Jabba's Palace

13»

• Options
    SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    With a deafening groan Jabba's slug-like body swells as he takes a deep shuddering breath. Rolling back into a seated position on his throne he looks at Aldi. His eyes look bleary and and mad. He seems to be having a hard time bringing the bounty hunter into focus.

<"You dare to enter my palace and try to murder me?! You are nothing! I will send bounty hunters to your world to find whatever whore spawned you and have her dragged here before me in chains! She will dance for me before I devour her! But you won't be here to see any of that...">*

Jabba shifts his body weight and a pit opens up in front of his throne. <"...my pet will see to that.">*

Salacious Crumb cackled madly as he climbed onto Jabba's shoulder. <"Ten slaves and a transport full of spice to whoever throws that scum into the pit">*

Each of the Gamorreans turn to look at Aldi greedily.

*Translated from Huttese

Actions
    Standard: Open the trap door to the Rancor pit.

Map
    JabbaMapRound6.jpg

Status
    Tyler - HP 24/24 Threshold14 Reflex19(flat-footed 16); Fortitude 14, Will 14
    @I1; Status: Normal
    Aldi - HP 19/29 Threshold 13 Reflex 18 (flat-footed 14 ); Fortitude 13, Will 13
    @I10; Status: Normal
    Badoh - HP 31/39 Threshold 13 Reflex 16(flat-footed 13); Fortitude 13, Will 15 @H5; Status: Normal
    Palace Guard 1 - HP 1/31 Threshold 14 Reflex 15 (flat-footed 15) ; Fortitude 13, Will 9
    @K1; Status: -2 Condition Track
    Symon - HP 28/36 Threshold 16 Reflex 19(flat-footed 15); Fortitude 16, Will 12
    @G1; Status: Normal
    Jabba the Hutt - HP 12/50 Threshold 17 Reflex 12 (flat-footed 12) ; Fortitude 16, Will 18
    @E8, E9, F8, F9; Status: -1 Condition Track
    Salacious Crumb - HP 10/10 Threshold 11 Reflex 15 (flat-footed 11) ; Fortitude 11, Will 12
    @F10; Status: Normal
    Dayama - HP 26/26 Threshold 14 Reflex 14(flat-footed 14); Fortitude 14, Will 15
    @H15; Status: Intimidated
    Gamorrean Guard 1 - HP 29/41 Threshold 23 Reflex 15(flat-footed 15) ; Fortitude 18, Will 13
    @J2; Status: Normal
    Gamorrean Guard 2 - HP 41/41 Threshold 23 Reflex 15(flat-footed 15) ; Fortitude 18, Will 13
    @I4; Status: Normal
    Gamorrean Guard 3 - HP 14/41 Threshold 23 Reflex 14(flat-footed 14) ; Fortitude 17, Will 12
    @G6; Status: Normal
    Gamorrean Guard 4 - HP 41/41 Threshold 23 Reflex 15(flat-footed 15) ; Fortitude 18, Will 13
    @H12; Status: Normal
    Gamorrean Guard 5 - HP 32/41 Threshold 23 Reflex 15(flat-footed 15) ; Fortitude 18, Will 13
    @I12; Status: Normal

Initative
    Up Next: Damaya> Gamorrean Guards

Sakutian on
    My Games

Dresden Files RPG- Dumb Luck

Playing Phillip Hess in Motor City Blues

GM of M&M "And Justice For All."
    GM of Dresden Files Low Life
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Into the Unknown
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Lost Hope- Concluded
    GM of Star Wars Sagas the Dark Times- Concluded.
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Jabba's Palace- Concluded due to injury.
    Bart Allen/ The Flash in M&M Metropolis- Concluded.
    Koyi Disturbances in the Force- Concluded.
    Jessup Owlbeard Forge of the Dawn Titan- Withdrawn due to injury.
    Sal Mander In the Shadow of Zeus- Concluded.
    Zevoto in Out in the Black- Withdrawn due to injury.
    GM of Wyvern Watch
    Berru Secune in Rise of the Jedi
  • Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Damaya takes a quick look around the room, seeing Jabba distracted by that damn rancor of his, she knew she needed to do something to help those that where looking to her for help.

TO the guard in H12, <I..I need your help, please can you open the door so I can leave? I don't need to be here.>
    Action: Mind trick-suggestion.
    Use the force check 1d20=17+7(24)
    Spending force point1d6=1 to improve his attitude by 1step and another 2 for being 10 over is will defense

"Calrissian! We have him:, get your ass here. Here are the coords, I am getting the door open now!

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    Ignoring all else the Gamorrean guard next to Symon took his mace in both hands and brought it down on the rebels head with tremendous force.

Badoh fended off another clumsy attack from one of the guards assaulting him. The second guard rounded on Aldi and pulled a net off of his belt. He tossed it at the bounty hunter with all the skill of a blind Nuna.

A Gamorrean charged Aldi from behind and wrapped his massive arms around his chest in a crushing grip. The Togruta slipped out of his hold with ease. The guard stared at his empty hands for a moment before he notice Aldia standing in front of him several feet away.

Damaya's comm hissed and cracked as the voice of Lando Calrissian spoke through it. "Hold on kid, we're coming for you."

The Gamorrean guard in front of Damay looked at her with a vacant expression before he turned and started walking. He marched along the corridor leading out of the palace approaching a large dust covered computer terminal. When he reached the console he stared down at it stupidly and banged his fist on it.

Actions
    Gamorrean Guard 1
    Standard: Attack Symon with mace. 1d20+3= 21 vs. Reflex. Hit!
    Damage: 1d8+9= 10
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3366547/

Gamorrean Guard 2
    Standard: Attack Badoh with mace. 1d20+3= 8 vs. Reflex. Miss!

Gamorrean Guard 3
    Move: Draw net.
    Standard: Attack Aldi with net. 1d20+1= 13 vs. Reflex. Miss!

Gamoreean Guard 4
    Move: E13

Gamorrean Guard 5
    Move: I11
    Standard: Grab Aldi. 1d20= 2 vs Reflex. Miss!
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3366553/

Attack Rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3366547/

Map
    JabbaMapRound7.jpg

Status
    Tyler - HP 24/24 Threshold14 Reflex19(flat-footed 16); Fortitude 14, Will 14
    @I1; Status: Normal
    Aldi - HP 19/29 Threshold 13 Reflex 18 (flat-footed 14 ); Fortitude 13, Will 13
    @I10; Status: Normal
    Badoh - HP 31/39 Threshold 13 Reflex 16(flat-footed 13); Fortitude 13, Will 15 @H5; Status: Normal
    Palace Guard 1 - HP 1/31 Threshold 14 Reflex 15 (flat-footed 15) ; Fortitude 13, Will 9
    @K1; Status: -2 Condition Track
    Symon - HP 18/36 Threshold 16 Reflex 19(flat-footed 15); Fortitude 16, Will 12
    @G1; Status: Normal
    Jabba the Hutt - HP 12/50 Threshold 17 Reflex 12 (flat-footed 12) ; Fortitude 16, Will 18
    @E8, E9, F8, F9; Status: -1 Condition Track
    Salacious Crumb - HP 10/10 Threshold 11 Reflex 15 (flat-footed 11) ; Fortitude 11, Will 12
    @F10; Status: Normal
    Dayama - HP 26/26 Threshold 14 Reflex 14(flat-footed 14); Fortitude 14, Will 15
    @H15; Status: Intimidated
    Gamorrean Guard 1 - HP 29/41 Threshold 23 Reflex 15(flat-footed 15) ; Fortitude 18, Will 13
    @J2; Status: Normal
    Gamorrean Guard 2 - HP 41/41 Threshold 23 Reflex 15(flat-footed 15) ; Fortitude 18, Will 13
    @I4; Status: Normal
    Gamorrean Guard 3 - HP 14/41 Threshold 23 Reflex 14(flat-footed 14) ; Fortitude 17, Will 12
    @G6; Status: Normal
    Gamorrean Guard 4 - HP 41/41 Threshold 23 Reflex 15(flat-footed 15) ; Fortitude 18, Will 13
    @E13; Status: Normal
    Gamorrean Guard 5 - HP 32/41 Threshold 23 Reflex 15(flat-footed 15) ; Fortitude 18, Will 13
    @I11; Status: Normal

Initative
    Up Next: Tyler> Aldi> Badoh> Palace Guard> Symon> Jabba the Hutt> Salacious Crumb> Damaya> Gamorrean Guards>

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Tyler steps out of reach of the guard's weapon, and tries to aim for the injured guardsman. The Gammorian suprises Tyler, though, lashing out with his weapon as Tyler tries to find his aim. Tyler dodges, but is thrown off balance by the maneuver. Scrambling to his feet, the Rebel sees that he missed his shot.
    1d20+4=5, 3d8+1=18

Move to H2

Sorry it took so long, missed that I was up.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Aldi blinked with surprise as Jabba sat back up. He didn't even look at the pit which lead to a most assured death less than a meter in front of him. He once more leveled his carbine at the hutt.

"You know, for a criminal mastermind, you certainly do not know when to stay down." He squeezed the trigger, nailing Jabba right in his flabby midsection, the smell of greasy burning permeating the air more. The Togruta nodded with satisfaction at his handiwork and whipped around to face the Gamorrean, bayonet at the ready again.
    1d20+7=26 Hit! (Almost another critical!)

3d8+1=13 13 Damage! Stick a fork in him, he's done!

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    With a sickening thud Jabba slid backwards and crashed to the stone floor. Each of the guards froze where they stood at stared at their fallen master in awe. Several of them grunted at one another and gestured towards the body with their plump fingers.

A sudden sharp clap broke the silence in the chamber. Several more sharp claps echoed through the room in a short round of applause. Bib Fortuna stepped out of the shadows from a nearby staircase clasping his hands together and smiling. He crossed the chamber until his was close enough to lay a hand on the dead Hutt. "Thank you, you have no idea how long I've waited to see this bloated slug dead."

Taking his hand off of Jabba's body and wiping it on one of the tapestries behind his throne he stared Aldi with keen yellow eyes. "I am master of this palace now and you will find I am a better host than Jabba was."

His eyes snapped to the Gamorrean behind Aldi and circled the room. "All of you, lower your weapons."

Each of the the guards slowly lowered their weapons and but they kept their eyes on the Twi'lek waiting for further orders.

Bib smiled as he watched the guards following his commands. "Now my friends, let us settle this without further difficulty shall we?"

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Badoh extinguishes his lightsabre and unsteadily puts it away. Actual combat was more difficult than he thought it would be. Thankfully he hadn't had to kill anyone (and deaths had been much fewer than he could have hoped for), but blood had been spilled, and he was profoundly unsettled. Thinking back, he was glad for these uncomfortable feelings- when he got used to this, or worse grew to like it... THEN he would be worried.

With a wan smile he nodded in greetings at Bib Fortuna. "Our thanks for calling off the...your, excuse me... guards and avoiding further bloodshed. I am Badoh, and I hope that we can all benefit from this happy occasion."

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Aldi lowered the carbine with a nod at the same time.

"Already your words are proving agreeable. A moment if you will." He darted past the Gamorrean to retrieve Damaya, "It's all right, no more big bad Hutts to swallow you up."

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Slightly shaken, Damaya looks up from her place near the corner "Thank you, however I really am not so worried about them, I was trying to get Lando and his ass here. The guard is opening the door for us now." Pointing at the hutt that used to be attacking the scout who was now poking and prodding at the panel near the door.

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Symon does not lower his blaster carbine at all. Perhaps its not pointed at a guards face at the moment, but this whole situation seems too good to be true.

"Well then, if everything is all fine and dandy with everybody. We should just be going now. Thanks for the party. C'mon Captain Solo." With a nod to Tyler to watch thier tails, Symon leads Captain Solo towards the exit.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Not entirely sure how to take this turn of events, Tyler holsters his gun and puts his arm underneath Captain Solo's shoulder, helping him to his feet. Between the Tyler and Symon, the three of them lurch towards the exit. Tyler says, "Uh, yeah. Thanks. See you 'round."

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Bib inclined his head to Badoh and Tyler in a quick nod but he didn't take his eyes off of them for an instant.

"I will of course allow you to take Captain Solo and go in peace. He was the Hutt's enemy not mine." The Gamorreans standing in front Badoh, Symon, Tyler, and Captain Solo stepped aside offering a clear path to the exit.

As the group began to moved towards the door Bib raised his hand pointing his finger at Aldi and Damaya. "Unfortunately the bounty hunter and the mechanic won't be able to join you. Jabba had powerful allies and they will demand that his killers be brought to justice. I need bodies to present them."

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    "....." Aldi sighed heavily, resting his face in his palm. It would never be that easy, of course.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Damaya stopped where she was, somehow she new this would happen. She wasn't going to leave here alive.

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    "The other crime lords are powerful indeed, but the Rebellion is also powerful. I'm sure other... interpretations could be made regarding what happened today in exchange for some good will from the Rebellion's side..." said Badoh, his face remaining quite blank as he searched for things that he could offer in exchange for the lives of those who had helped in Solo's rescue.

• Options
    "And are you in a position to speak for the Rebellion Jedi? If that is the case than perhaps we can make an arrangement which will be to our mutual benefit after all." Bib was looking at Badoh in an interested and appraising way. It seemed as though he was trying to pick up any trace of a deception from Badoh.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    "I only recently joined with the rebellion, though we happen to have someone with some influence within the rebellion here. I'm sure if an arrangement was made with the approval of Han Solo..." Badoh looked over to the recovering smuggler and gave an encouraging smile, "nobody would gainsay anything that was decided here. In fact, if you were to let some people who were sent here by the alliance, but of course had no direct involvement whatsoever in Jabba's death, leave without any further bloodshed I'm sure that would be a most positive start to something that could be a very profitable relationship to both parties... but especially to you. As you know, the Alliance has a goal which is not strictly financial in nature, but could use the resources you possess to move goods and information without other parties' knowledge."

Badoh looked over at Jabba and scowled. "I understand that some held some grudges far too seriously, such that they got in the way of a potentially lucrative deal... I trust that you do not have any such baggage standing between you and the associated credits this would bring?"

El Skid on
  • Options
    Tyler finally finds his voice, stepping in without missing a beat. "The Alliance does have a large need for military grade hardware and smugglers willing to take individuals on and off Imperial held worlds. I'm sure a very lucrative arrangement could be made with the man who helped return the famed Captain Solo to the Alliance. It would be a very unfortunate turn of events to put a damper on such a business opportunity by refusing to return some of the people who helped this partnership come to fruition." Tyler pauses, trying to come up with a scenario that seemed plausible that resulted in the death of Jabba. "Perhaps the party got out of hand, and a mercenary got a bad batch of spice. I've heard those kind of hallucinations can be pretty nasty."

• Options
    "One should exercise caution when using spice. So many avoidable deaths result from those who e it without the proper respect." The Twi'lek walked over to one of the upturned tables and pushed it bacnto it's legs with his foot. Settling himself down on a large red cushion he surveyed Tyler with a small grin.

A bald wiry human in tattered loose fitting red robes came stumbling up the same stairway Bib had come up minutes ago. "Bib! Bib! I've got to tell you..."

When he reached the top of the stairs he came to a stop staring at Jabba's body with his mouth agape.

Bib didn't turn to look at the man, he merely tapped his fingers on the table sharply. "I hope you didn't interrupt us without a very good reason Uld."

Uld shook his head as though trying to clear a fog from his thoughts before he spoke. "...scouts just spotted up a ship headed straight for us. It's the Millenium Falcon."

"How unfortunate."

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    "I believe that would be our backup. No need to concern yourself- I think we can call them off at this point. Or at least prevent any misunderstandings..." said Badoh, looking over at Damaya purposefully.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    "Yes of course...!" Pulling out her comm Damaya calls up Lando frequency "Lando, we are ok, please stay back with the Falcon for now. Han is ok and comming out of the freeze no problem." She looks to Bandoh as if to ask if that was ok.

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
  • Options
    Badoh nodded at Damaya, turning back to Bib serenely.

"The Falcon will of course be taking Mr. Solo and whatever members of the party off the planet when we are done here, but will not be engaging in any hostilities at this time." he said, smiling at Bib. "As for our negotiations- I feel that we are reaching a consensus rather quickly here. The Alliance could well use your services, and would of course be willing to pay for them. They would be particularly pleased when Han Solo and his friends all return unharmed from this place, and would show this gratitude in the actual negotiations to take place between yourself and the people who deal with moving cargo and... accounts payable, since I am obviously not in a position to know how much of your services are required and the budget the Alliance has set aside for these services."

A single bead of sweat ran down the side of his face as Badoh spread his arms in a gesture of openness and friendship (or at least he hoped that was what it looked like to Bib- he was pretty sure it wasn't some sort of rude gesture in huttese). "I think that nicely sums up my understanding of things as they stand- is there anything you wish to add, or any misunderstandings on my part we need to clear up?"

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Aldi knew it was time to shut up, the Jedi seemed to talking their way out well enough now. He still eyed the guards warily, knowing at this point they could no more trust Fortuna than they could pick up Jabba's carcass and throw it at him. He had no intention of bragging about the slug's demise or his part in it, he just wanted to take a nice long shower away from the ever pervasive sand.

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Bib seized Uld by the collar of his robes and pulled the skinny man's face closer to his own. He whispered something into his ear and then released him. Uld charged out of the throne room and down the corridor leading out of the palace. A minute later the massive doors barring the entrance could be heard lifting up off of the ground.

The green skinned Twi'lek dancing girl who had been performing several hours ago stepped into thechamber carrying a tray with a variety of colorful fruit spread across it. She set the tray down on the table in fron of Bib and stood at his side smiling. He glanced up at the dancing girl in an amused way then he pointed at the door. "Take Solo to his ship and then leave Tatooine quickly. Tell the Alliance that I will expect them to repay this debt one day."

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    sighs Talking into her comm once again, "Lando, bring the Falcon down nice and slow now, we are coming out."

This was still to easy. Maybe something is to be said for the Force power she had. The Jedi just saved my life and that scouts with his talking, just talk though. I didn't feel him influencing them at all...hmm..

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    With some difficulty due to Captain Solo's hibernation sickness you make your way out of the palace and back onto the cliffs outside of the palace.

From your lofty vantage point the Millenium Falcon can be seen hovering the above the sand. The ship lands some distance from Jabba's palace far below whipping up a girtty cloud as it does.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    "Oh. Please tell me we don't have to climb down the that!"

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    "Oh, come on!" gripes Symon, as soldiers are best at doing. "I though Calrissian was supposed to be a good] pilot. C'mon people, keep a sharp eye out and lets get moving."

• Options
    As the party begins to move down the dusty path down the mountainside the metal door of the fallen Hutt's palace slams back into place. The eye of the guard droid emerges from the door and blinks as it observes your progress. Captain Solo stumbles on a loosestone as he starts to make his way along the path and lands in the sand heavily. Spitting out a mouth full of the gritty he climbs back to his feet and squints into the distance.

"As soon as we get off of this rock I'm buying all of you a round of drinks. I hope you have a stomach for Corellian ale." Solo seems to have regained some of his spirit and he continues picking his way down the path carefully.

A heavy breathing and a foul familiar stink that hangs heavy in the air catches Damaya's attention a short distance from the palace. The smell is all too familiar to the young Miraluka. It is the odor of dewback droppings left out to bake in the scorching Tatooine suns. Turning to look back towards the palace she senses the presence of several of the creatures close by somewhere out of sight.

Aldi spies several sets of footprints that were hastily concealed with little real skill. Though he is unable to identify the creature that left the tracks he recognizes that they are

Badoh and Tyler each hear whispered voices echoing out across the air of the mountian as they move. neither shows any sign of what they have heard but they put their hands to their weapons as they make their way downward.

A stone tumbles down behind the party and everyone but Symona and Solo turn in time to see several great shapes moving into sight. Four men mounted on dewbacks move out onto the sands. Each of the great lizards have powerful blaster carbines strapped onto their backs. The riders spur their mounts into a charge and begin to charge down the mountain at great speed.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    "Bloody Hell!"

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    "Fierfek...." Aldi groans as he whips out his carbine, thumbing the bayonet to life again.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    "Captain, I'd love some Corellian ale, I really would, but we're not out of the desert yet!" Symon says, finally turning to see what the commotion is about. "Oh, kark me! Who are these guys now?"