As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] PAX East Schedule is live!

• heelsheels Registered User regular
    Fixed! One was listed on the wrong day.

< devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
  • klokateer9047klokateer9047 A.K.A Captain Freezeezy Long island,NYRegistered User regular
    AWESOME

Been waiting all year,this is just a show of how close we really are!

Steam:Klokateer9047

Xbox live:Wonderboy9047

@Astonishingmike on twitter

STILL THE BEST 1973-FOREVER
    Themiscyra wrote: »
    Since regular panel submissions are now closed, is there an address where such proposals should be sent?

PAX_panels@paxsite.com, mind you the panelist list has to be pretty seller to get the teams attention at this point, this close to PAX things are very tricky.

www.reedpop.com
  • KoalaBro2KoalaBro2 Registered User regular
    "It's a trap" does tend to be a rather...mean-spirited joke, to say the least (to the point where at least one other forum I'm on has banned the meme completely), but as the panelists appear to be trans gamers themselves, there might be a certain 'reclaiming' factor at work there. By addressing the meme head-on, we rob it of its power.

I actually assumed it was used as an example of trans issues in gaming. Not expressing any opinion on whether it's appropriate or not, just my take.

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Also, is this the final schedule or are there panels yet to be added? There are some notable absences (there's usually a City of Heroes panel, women in gaming, gay gamers, etc. - surprised and glad to see a trans gamer panel and harassment in gaming panel though) and I'm not sure if no one proposed that stuff, if PAX declined some of the usual suspects, or if they just haven't been posted yet.

the panel "Real RPGs: Sexuality, religion, and race in design and play" looks like it will touch on some of those issues, but yeah, i kind of expected more also. and, of course, the "Real RPGs" panel is right smack in the middle of the girls' meetup. decisions, decisions.

tvethiopia on
    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • ThemiscyraThemiscyra Registered User regular
    KoalaBro2 wrote: »
    I actually assumed it was used as an example of trans issues in gaming. Not expressing any opinion on whether it's appropriate or not, just my take.
    Could be, but I think such examples are better reserved for panel descriptions than titles. The fact that it's been off-putting and outright upsetting to others is enough to leave me a little perturbed.

The panel does have a Facebook page. I and a couple others have commented there.

PAX EAST 2011 Omegathon Finalist - PAX East 2012 Omeganaut
    After time adrift among open stars
    Among tides of light and to shoals of dust
    I will return to where I began
  • ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Huh.

Only a few panels on Friday I'm interested in, and all the ones I'd like to see Saturday at either conflicting times, or back to back and I need to get all the way across the BCEC, which by that time they'll probably be filled up. It almost seems like too many big name panels were put on Saturday instead of spread over Friday and Saturday.

EDIT: No use being a Negative Ned, I guess this year I'll find other fun stuff to do when panels don't work out. :-)

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • ottoman673ottoman673 Registered User regular
    Glancing over the schedule and there seem to be a fair share of good looking panels this year... however, i'm looking over my PAX East '11 stuff [including map!] and there's no mention of an Arachnid Theatre... maybe i'm missing something, or is this new this year?

PAX East 2012 Checklist: [x] 3 Day Pass [x] Time off Work [x] Flight [x] Hotel
    wonderpug wrote:
    Is Video Game Orchestra playing Friday night or Saturday? I think the schedule lists things differently than was announced elsewhere.

From the Official PAX Twitter:
    @emmastory A couple small tweaks ended up happening to the concert schedule, the listed version is what we will be going with, sorry!

tvethiopia wrote: »
    the panel "Real RPGs: Sexuality, religion, and race in design and play" looks like it will touch on some of those issues, but yeah, i kind of expected more also. and, of course, the "Real RPGs" panel is right smack in the middle of the girls' meetup. decisions, decisions.
    I totally failed to notice that, but dang it! Now I have to choose even if the Omegathon doesn't take up my Sunday morning (which it probably will). Alas and alack. Well, I love you all, but I'm not throwing the Omegathon for you. ;)

• repeterepete Registered User regular
    Isnt the order of musical performances different than the one already announced

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    repete wrote: »
    Isnt the order of musical performances different than the one already announced
    ottoman673 wrote: »
    wonderpug wrote:
    Is Video Game Orchestra playing Friday night or Saturday? I think the schedule lists things differently than was announced elsewhere.

From the Official PAX Twitter:
    @emmastory A couple small tweaks ended up happening to the concert schedule, the listed version is what we will be going with, sorry!

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Crazy DaveCrazy Dave Registered User new member
    No Apicary panel? Damn.

I mean, I can understand why.

• PsykusPsykus Registered User regular
    Psykus wrote: »
    SmallLady wrote: »
    Someone mentioned to me that there has been a spreadsheet posted in past years. Will that happen again?

I do know community members in the past have taken the website schedule and turned it into a spreadsheet and or google calendar. So many some awesome people will do that again! :D

I'll start on a public Google Calendar for this, PM me if you want to help and I can add you as a contributor so we can work together on completing it. This would be super handy on smartphones where the calendars have Google integration.

Day 1 completed. Will work on the rest at another time. You can add this calendar to Google Calendar with the bottom button and it will automatically update with any changes I or anyone else make. Each event is color coded by which theater it takes place in.

• jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Renton, WARegistered User regular
    septagon wrote: »
    Just a heads up to those who want a good seat at the Rooster Teeth panel, they very likely will not be clearing out the main theater beforehand. Be ready!
    The rule usually used by Main Theatre (for at least the last 4 PAXes) is "if the break is 60minutes or less, the room is not being cleared; if the break is over 60 minutes, the room is being cleared between events." So, you should assume that the room will not be cleared before RT.
    The other theatres ALWAYS clear between panels. This means that it's usually not possible to attend two panels in a row in the same theatre.

--Jarrod "Jaberwocky" Lombardo, PAX Enforcer: Info Booth Manager.
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
  • MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Someone mentioned to me that there has been a spreadsheet posted in past years. Will that happen again?

I do know community members in the past have taken the website schedule and turned it into a spreadsheet and or google calendar. So many some awesome people will do that again! :D

I'll start on a public Google Calendar for this, PM me if you want to help and I can add you as a contributor so we can work together on completing it. This would be super handy on smartphones where the calendars have Google integration.

Day 1 completed. Will work on the rest at another time. You can add this calendar to Google Calendar with the bottom button and it will automatically update with any changes I or anyone else make. Each event is color coded by which theater it takes place in.

Gah, I started working on a calendar for this before I noticed others were too. I wrote a quick program to parse it out and haven't double checked everything but it's accurate from a glance.

https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=jakivfh7je16imojbu8s1ium1o@group.calendar.google.com&amp;ctz=America/New_York

Malgaras on
    1tLJUH2O.png
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Crazy Dave wrote: »

I mean, I can understand why.

Then you shouldn't be surprised :P

<MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • waterbottleswaterbottles Beverage KentuckyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Ah. I see there have been google calendars made of the schedule, but I was working on a spreadsheet of the event.

I did notice that two events are scheduled for the Naga Theatre at the same time on Sunday: Taking the Long Road: The Penny Arcade Report Discusses Long-Form Journalism, and The Indie Rant: Indie Developers Gone Wild. A half-an-hour of both panels overlap.

Edit: I finished the spreadsheet. Hopefully I didn't miss anything!

waterbottles on
    gespo89 wrote: »

Gah, I started working on a calendar for this before I noticed others were too. I wrote a quick program to parse it out and haven't double checked everything but it's accurate from a glance.

https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=jakivfh7je16imojbu8s1ium1o@group.calendar.google.com&amp;ctz=America/New_York

Yours looks good, I compared it with my first day and they're identical apart from the color coding. I would propose killing mine, then if you want I can go in and work on color coding your events for the theaters? Makes it a lot easier to read.

• MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular

Yours looks good, I compared it with my first day and they're identical apart from the color coding. I would propose killing mine, then if you want I can go in and work on color coding your events for the theaters? Makes it a lot easier to read.

That's fine with me. I haven't been able anything in the Google API to do it so it looks like we'll have to do it by hand. You should have edit access now.

On a side note, I ran a quick conflict check and the outside of the already mentioned Taking The Long Road and The Indie Rant, everything else checks out.

1tLJUH2O.png
  • sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    wheres the keith apicary panel? he said he was doing a panel again or was he denied

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    wheres the keith apicary panel? he said he was doing a panel again or was he denied

It appears that there is not one.

• BaconSandwichBaconSandwich Registered User regular
    I hope they announce when Omegathon rounds are, it would be nice to do a bit of scheduling beforehand.

PAX East 2010/2011/2012 Omeganaut!
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    zerzhul wrote: »

This appears to be for the best.

E6LkoFK.png

• PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    My reaction to scheduling conflicts..

But seriously, it looks like I'll be missing JoCo and VGO in order to see LRR.

PayneTrayne on
    PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    Great. I find this out right before I'm supposed to go to bed. Guess I'll be going to work tomorrow on running on fumes putting my version alpha schedule together.

• sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »

why he was an awesome guy, gave me free passes to get in, was very nice and honestly he had the best panel until some one ruined it, but he will still be around at pax

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »

why he was an awesome guy, gave me free passes to get in, was very nice and honestly he had the best panel until some one ruined it, but he will still be around at pax

He consistently broke rules during his panel despite being warned, he harassed an e, and all in all violated this little thing we call Wheaton's Law. He can be funny at times, but at PAX he was just a dick. Good riddance.

• adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    One final conflict I see on the schedule:

The Indie Rant: Indie Developers Gone Wild
    Naga Theatre
    Sunday 4:00pm - 5:00pm

Taking the Long Road: The Penny Arcade Report Discusses Long-Form Journalism
    Naga Theatre
    Sunday 3:30pm - 4:30pm

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    ottoman673 wrote: »
    Glancing over the schedule and there seem to be a fair share of good looking panels this year... however, i'm looking over my PAX East '11 stuff [including map!] and there's no mention of an Arachnid Theatre... maybe i'm missing something, or is this new this year?

The Arachnid Theatre is a new theatre. It will not be on the old maps, but will be on the new ones.

7B14287.png
    For anyone who hasn't noticed, the name of the panel "It's A Trap? Transgender Issues In Gaming" has changed on the schedule (and the panel's Facebook page) to "Press XY: Transgender Issues In Gaming". I don't know if anyone involved in that decision is on the forums, but again, my thanks. (I already thanked the panel moderator over on FB.)

That's fine with me. I haven't been able anything in the Google API to do it so it looks like we'll have to do it by hand. You should have edit access now.

On a side note, I ran a quick conflict check and the outside of the already mentioned Taking The Long Road and The Indie Rant, everything else checks out.

Color coding finished! I was bored this morning, and with all the events already entered from you, it was just a straightforward click-a-thon.

Hopefully my color scheme will make sense to anyone else. I mostly just used colors with the same first few letters as the theater name:
    • Main Theatre - Red like the PAX East logo.
    • Arachnid Theatre - "Apple" green
    • Naga Theatre - "Navy" blue
    • Wyvern Theatre - "White" / gray
    • Cat Theatre - "Cyan" / turquoise
    • Manticore Theatre - "Mango" / orange
    • Merman Theatre - Light blue (mermen/mermaids live in the water?)

One final conflict I see on the schedule:

The Indie Rant: Indie Developers Gone Wild
    Naga Theatre
    Sunday 4:00pm - 5:00pm

Taking the Long Road: The Penny Arcade Report Discusses Long-Form Journalism
    Naga Theatre
    Sunday 3:30pm - 4:30pm

Oops, we listed the time wrong for the PA Report panel, fixing shortly!

www.reedpop.com
  • Exodus1Exodus1 MarylandRegistered User regular
    Anyone know if this will go up for the guidebook or BCEC mobile apps?

• PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    So, does that mean if you want to see the Rooster Teeth panel you have to get into the Keynote (as they aren't clearing out the theatre)?

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • EmpharaEmphara Registered User regular
    So, does that mean if you want to see the Rooster Teeth panel you have to get into the Keynote (as they aren't clearing out the theatre)?

I noticed that as well. I think that's what my group and I are going to have to do (although I feel bad about taking up space in two panels I don't really care about, but the Rooster Teeth panel is one of the few panels I refuse to miss.)

signature.png
  • dalaamprincedalaamprince Registered User regular
    Can anyone explain why I should attend the rooster teeth panel? Never been to one, the summary is dumb, and I don't follow the red vs blue thing.

• EmpharaEmphara Registered User regular
    Can anyone explain why I should attend the rooster teeth panel? Never been to one, the summary is dumb, and I don't follow the red vs blue thing.

If you don't care for Red vs Blue why would you bother going?

signature.png
  • ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    Emphara wrote: »

If you don't care for Red vs Blue why would you bother going?

Yeah, that's like asking "I hate video games, board games, fun, and geeks. Why should I go to PAX?"

Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    I think he's just asking what's good about it, because the summary doesn't give him enough to base a decision on and he's not familiar with Red vs. Blue.