As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pre-Pax Bar Crawl] Pokecrawl Episode 3: A Brand New World!

• GooseyGooseGooseyGoose Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Kyuss wrote:
    tehnakki wrote: »
    Izzie wrote: »
    Ok, thanks guys.
    Myself and a bunch of friends are waiting on getting into blue silver, too...
    It's gonna be a rapidash before that group fills up <_<
    I fixed that for you.

190px-078Rapidash.png

Haha. I see Raichu did there.

raichu.jpg

I find these comments to be a Weedle funny

weedle.jpg

How old staryu guys? 12?

staru.png

GooseyGoose on
  • EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Well...much to my disappointment all the slots are closed. Should 2 spots (preferably on the same team) open up I am interested (any team is fine)

EchoZero on
  • gfishgfish Ottawa, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    EchoZero wrote: »
    Well...much to my disappointment all the slots are closed. Should 2 spots (preferably on the same team) open up I am interested (any team is fine)

Madly refresh until the second half opens up!

-- PokeTron: Ampharos
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    EchoZero wrote: »
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Keep an eye on the thread, the groups aren't full yet. They are all *half* full. The initial wave of signups is over, and people are waiting for the second wave to begin.

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I saw that the last post was zerzhul before I even opened the thread and started laughing.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Keep an eye on the thread, the groups aren't full yet. They are all *half* full. The initial wave of signups is over, and people are waiting for the second wave to begin.

Seems i missed this post of yours while reading the thread my bad.

• MasterRokkuMasterRokku Registered User regular
    Hey, can anyone tell me if the groups are completely full or just half full?

I'm just kidding zerzhul!

PAX South Status: [x] Room @ The Marriot - [x] 3 day pass - [x] Vacation scheduled
  • browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    pokepuns = awesome

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • Exodus1Exodus1 MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    pokepuns = awesome
    tumblr_lbu14tte971qaa0v4o1_250.png

XD don't worry everyone sign ups are only half full.

Exodus1 on
    edited March 2012
    pokepuns = awesome

I have to admit it, I LOLed.

gfish on
  • lucazzolucazzo Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Happy to see slots filling up, and some familiar faces.

Team Blue Gold, it's nice to see Boo Car Key, @Khadour, and @Ubernewbish returning!

I will vouch for @Nightelyn and @PoisonPinkFluff. They're awesome and you'll love 'em.

Now, where are @Stephidabefida and the most awesome Nurse Joy, @Sammy !?

lucazzo on
    PAX East '11 Team Squirtle Group B - Professor.
    PAX East '12 Team Totodile Gold - Professor
  • MASeffectMASeffect Registered User regular
    Myself +1 would love to join a team! I am a valuable asset because I will be cosplaying not only during the convention, but as a Pokemon trainer for the crawl!!!

lloyehipr7341342326762.png
  • ZarienZarien Registered User regular
    lucazzo wrote: »
    Happy to see slots filling up, and some familiar faces.

Team Blue Gold, it's nice to see Boo Car Key, @Khadour, and @Ubernewbish returning!

I will vouch for @Nightelyn and @PoisonPinkFluff. They're awesome and you'll love 'em.

Now, where are @Stephidabefida and the most awesome Nurse Joy, @Sammy !?

My group will be signing up with you again this year. We were the Team FAP guys with the #Fapping buttons who were with you last year. SQUIRTLE!!!!!!!!!!! *cough* I mean totodile.

MASeffect wrote: »
    Myself +1 would love to join a team! I am a valuable asset because I will be cosplaying not only during the convention, but as a Pokemon trainer for the crawl!!!

Keep an eye out for when Atlus opens up sign-ups again. Should be any day now. Refresh a ton lol. I know my group has kept a constant 24 hour watch on the forums lol.

• MASeffectMASeffect Registered User regular
    Zarien wrote: »
    MASeffect wrote: »

Keep an eye out for when Atlus opens up sign-ups again. Should be any day now. Refresh a ton lol. I know my group has kept a constant 24 hour watch on the forums lol.

Thanks! *HAWK-EYES::: ACTIVATED!*

lloyehipr7341342326762.png
  • FruhmannFruhmann Registered User regular
    can we apply via twitter?

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Fruhmann wrote: »
    can we apply via twitter?

No. Atlus only accepts posts in the thread when signups are open.

edited March 2012
    Hi everyone. In this brief interlude while we wait for sign-ups to reopen, I have a small bit of related entertainment. Let me say first, I most vociferously do NOT want to step on any toes, so if I am doing that, just tell me to shut up and I will happily comply.

I know rentfn usually makes a team blue shirt every year to raise additional funds for child's play (which is awesome!). I think some of the other teams have shirts too. I believe one year rentfn designed it and then last year PepsiOtaku designed it and rent produced it (though I could be wrong on those facts). So if they/you already have plans to do a shirt again this year, please ignore me.

BUT, if there's no set plan on making the team blue shirt yet, I'd love to pop in with a possible design. I was bored at work yesterday and I came up with an idea. Please ignore the crudeness of the drawing - I don't even have pencils at work, so I had to use ballpoint pen and white-out for mistakes. I think I could do better in photoshop/illustrator if I was on my home computer. So my thought was, since Totodile is famous for biting everything (or so his wikipedia page tells me), I came up with this:
    photo.jpg

I riffed off last year a little bit, by including "TEAM BLUE!" and then tried to pay homage while updating, replacing the shot glass with a highball with something fizzy in it. Then of course, the biting.

Anyway, just throwing my hat in the proverbial t-shirt ring, feel free to toss it out if it offends, but if not, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

#goteamblue!

PS - for reference, here is last year's shirt

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • TheTinManTheTinMan Registered User regular
    Signed up for the forums in hopes of joining in with a +1!

I riffed off last year a little bit, by including "TEAM BLUE!" and then tried to pay homage while updating, replacing the shot glass with a highball with something fizzy in it. Then of course, the biting.

Anyway, just throwing my hat in the proverbial t-shirt ring, feel free to toss it out if it offends, but if not, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Except for the undisputed fact that Team Yellow is the best, that's some pretty good stuff there.

• MasterRokkuMasterRokku Registered User regular
    gfish wrote: »

Except for the undisputed fact that what ever team MasterRokku ends up on is the best, that's some pretty good stuff there.

I fixed that for you. No need to thank me.

PAX South Status: [x] Room @ The Marriot - [x] 3 day pass - [x] Vacation scheduled
    edited March 2012

Except for the undisputed fact that Team Yellow is the best, that's some pretty good stuff there.

I fixed that for you. No need to thank me.

Noted!

gfish on

Thanks! :) Glad you like.

• FruhmannFruhmann Registered User regular
    Does each team/group have a theme drink?

i'm looking at those gold chikoritas. so co and lime shots?

• KyussKyuss Registered User regular
    Fruhmann wrote: »
    Does each team/group have a theme drink?

i'm looking at those gold chikoritas. so co and lime shots?

I'm a Gold Chikorita and if we are going with a gold/green theme drink then I vote Tequila and Lime.

• rentfnrentfn Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    photo.jpg

I LOVE the shirt image. Funds are a little low for me this year so I wasn't going to make shirts but I wholeheartedly support them bring made. If you need any tips let me know but I would love to get one of these. If you make the image maybe people can print out the image and iron them to a shirt at home but if you want to make them go for it!! PepsiOtaku designed the image each year and then we had Shirt making parties where i tricked my friends into helping us put the shirts together. It was good times!!!

Also Team Blue is the best!!!!!

rentfn on
  • peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    TheTinMan wrote: »

Signups are closed right now, but as soon as they do, be sure to say: I choose you Chikorita Silver!

7B14287.png
    peetsnack wrote: »

Signups are closed right now, but as soon as they do, be sure to say: I choose you Chikorita Silver!

No! Don't tell them to. I have to make sure I get switched when sign ups open again! Haha.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    redfield85 wrote: »
    peetsnack wrote: »

No! Don't tell them to. I have to make sure I get switched when sign ups open again! Haha.

peetsnack on
    7B14287.png
    oh, also - woot derby is a double take this week, which means the snorlax shirt is back in the running!

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=61158

edited March 2012
    rentfn wrote: »
    photo.jpg

I LOVE the shirt image. Funds are a little low for me this year so I wasn't going to make shirts but I wholeheartedly support them bring made. If you need any tips let me know but I would love to get one of these. If you make the image maybe people can print out the image and iron them to a shirt at home but if you want to make them go for it!! PepsiOtaku designed the image each year and then we had Shirt making parties where i tricked my friends into helping us put the shirts together. It was good times!!!

Also Team Blue is the best!!!!!

Thanks!! :)

I had another idea today, which is instead of boozin' and bitin', we could add a pokeball to the design somewhere and say some variation of:

We Ballin'
    Boozin and Ballin'
    Straight Up Ballin'

(with still saying "TEAM BLUE" up top) - THOUGHTS?

As for producing the shirts, I hadn't really thought about it. I guess people could make their own (though I don't know how many of them would), or I could look into getting the design created online so people could order them... Food for thought, I'll marinate.

browncoatbeth on

I guess people could make their own (though I don't know how many of them would), or I could look into getting the design created online so people could order them... Food for thought, I'll marinate.

I think most people can dload a pdf and print to transfer their own, to avoid huge cash outlays (unless you are REALLY ballin' and want to show with a stack. I will buy one off each team if there are extras floating about).

I'm building ridiculous outfits, so I don't recommend people use my method.

• ItsIanKItsIanK Registered User regular
    photo.jpg

OMG! This! This! This!

Will support wholeheartedly! I'm with Zarien on Team FAP, and I feel pretty safe speaking for the 5 of us hoping to attend the crawl that you would easily sell us some shirts for child's play with that amazing design!

edited March 2012
    Ok, here's the option w/ the pokeball and the word 'ballin' on it:
    option_1_small.jpg

And here's what it would look like on a shirt.
    option_1small_onmodel.jpg

And here's the biting (I can remove the pokeball I just don't have time right now. Or I can leave it. Either way).
    option_2_small.jpg

And on a t-shirt:
    option_2_small_onmodel.jpg

I did look into pricing. And I can get shirts printed professionally for a pretty reasonable cost. In order to be able to still give a decent donation to Child's Play, I'd charge $15 for them. Would you guys be willing to pay that? If I could get at least 30 people to commit, I think I can make it happen.

browncoatbeth on

edited March 2012
    fjhsg5.jpg

Zarien on
    Chikorita....I browsed google and 2 seconds in I found this....

Link!

455099524v4_460x460_Front_Color-White.jpg

bYf6vNQ.png
    edited March 2012
    I think I like the ballin better than bitin. I can guarantee Team FAP would buy the shirt. So thats 5 people. As long as it isn't an ironed on one.

Zarien on
    edited March 2012
    If i can get on the blue team once signups open back up id definitely go for 2 shirts beth.

Heck even if i cant get on blue since its for a good cause ill still go for two of them. What sizes would you be doing?

EchoZero on
    Zarien wrote: »
    I think I like the ballin better than bitin. I can guarantee Team FAP would buy the shirt. So thats 5 people. As long as it isn't an ironed on one.

FAP! FAP! FAP!

bYf6vNQ.png
  • BaconSandwichBaconSandwich Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I did look into pricing. And I can get shirts printed professionally for a pretty reasonable cost. In order to be able to still give a decent donation to Child's Play, I'd charge $15 for them. Would you guys be willing to pay that? If I could get at least 30 people to commit, I think I can make it happen.

I am definitely down for a shirt. Also probably best to use Boozin' & Bitin'

BaconSandwich on
    PAX East 2010/2011/2012 Omeganaut!