As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Tijuana Death[Phalla] - End of Match: Leaving The Ring Victorious

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Defense: I never work in a network, for fear of it being infiltrated.

Well.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    *ollies outtie* No mafia reveal this time, just check my bandwagon tomorrow.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    It's more I'm going to beat you up.
    Could I have some money too?

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Also I did not notice the mechanics stuff. Now I'm just more flattered I was targeted at all.

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Phalla, I just came home from a student film festival. I hate life. I hate film students. Death to Hullis. He must die so I may erase the horror I witnessed.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Seriously, fuck film students.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Well, I imagine film students to be cute sassy hipsters. Though it's been awhile since I've visited a film festival.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    I guess .... Hullis
    /Puts on shades ..... lucked out.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Loxx??

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    lets hope for some mafia deaths.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Well, you're off on the mark already!

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Day 5 has closed.

Votes and actions made at or before x:06 will count; all votes and actions made at x:07 and later will not.

Narration and results will be up in approximately an hour.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    If my kill on pyphor doesn't go through I think it's probably a good idea to look closely at him. He's a smart dude who isn't contributing a whole lot and who the mafia seems to be skipping over despite taking out a lot of the veterans.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Round 6: Taking Consecutive Blows

Things were looking bad for the league. Business was beginning to falter under the increasing pressure put on them by the law. The arrests of Cythraul and 38thDoe were felt by both the deathmatch league organizers as well as its patrons, and when it came time for the weekly matches, the audience had shrunk by quite a bit from the previous weeks.

On top of those troubles, the murders continued on those associated with the league. warban, a deathmatch patron, and Smoove Operator, an organizer, were both found killed days after the week's matches were over. Paranoia was increasing with each passing day, uncertainty filling everyone's minds. Hullis was let go from the league due to these suspicions, but his release would not relieve any anxiety from the minds of anyone still involved.

Eliminated Players

38thDoe - Deathmatch Patron
    Cythraul - Deathmatch Organizer
    Hullis - Deathmatch Organizer
    Smoove Operator - Deathmatch Organizer
    warban - Deathmatch Patron

Day 5 Match Results

Match 1: Flogging Molly was able to get around the defenses of Bruno "El Cuchillo" Shield in an exciting match.
    Match 2: Cornelius G. Thunderbolt may have tried to electrify the arena with his flashy moves, but his performance was brushed off by The Cold Shoulder's solid attacks.
    Match 3: Pantalones sin Pantalones was caught the way you'd expect him to be by Dr. Lobotomy's genius fighting style.

Today's Bouts

Match 1: The Great Wall of China vs. Clyde "Ghostface Thrillah" Magilla
    Match 2: Pete "The Wall" Johnson vs. The Destroyah
    Match 3: Hercules Atlas Schwarzenegger vs. Artie "The Art of Darkness" Barowitz

Important announcement! From today forward, there will be one fewer bodyguard available for hire: instead of the top three bids earning protections, only the top two will receive protection.

There is a special vote today! Due to planned forum maintenance, there will need to be a change in the vote close time for game day 7. Please vote in bold dodgerblue whether you would like the vote to A) close early, whenever the forum goes down for maintenance, or B) extend to a 48-hour period (ending on Monday/Tuesday instead of Sunday/Monday).

Standard close time for Day 6 is Saturday, March 3, 9PM PST / Sunday, March 4, 12AM EST / 5AM UTC

Update PMs will be going out shortly.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    Extend for 48 hour period (slow during weekends, right?)

Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    oo0o0o0o0o000oo0o0o0o0ooo

Tell my wife I said..."Hello"...

oo0ooo0oo0o0o0o0ooo0o0o0o0o

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Extend for 48 hour period

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    oo0o0o0o0o000oo0o0o0o0ooo

Tell my wife I said..."Hello"...

oo0ooo0oo0o0o0o0ooo0o0o0o0o

Aww, Smoove! 8->

• Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    Also:

These results?

Somewhat sub-optimal.

Phyphor.

Same reasons as last night - very oddly low profile and small non-committal posts.

Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    Aaaaaand there's despair.

Thread title about sums it up.

Extend I guess.

• Options
    oooooOOooooOOooOOO
    Good work, village! High Five!

ALDbZ.gif

OooOOooOOOOOOOO

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Vote early

Though I was wrong, I can rest easier now.

• Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Extend

Look, I have been a terrible villager. I have been super-busy with life.

But someone has to look at voting records. We have voted out a mafia. There are records. We need to do this instead of just analyzing mechanics.

I am going to have to make my own spreadsheet and look at voting patterns, but someone else should be doing this as well. More villagers need to play phalla, not just play lucha libre.

In other news, pot calls kettle black.

daniant on
  • Options
    All Update PMs should now be out. Let me know if something is wrong.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    Oh fuck, are awkward emoticons back? Is this our trade-off for being able to edit indefinitely?

• Options
    OK. Who do I vote for today to not look mafia?

• Options
    edited March 2012
    daniant wrote: »
    But someone has to look at voting records. We have voted out a mafia. There are records. We need to do this instead of just analyzing mechanics.

Going back to the voting records from the night we voted out Kias. FecklessRogue's post was pretty good I think:
    I took a minute to look at the flashwagons from yesterday. Here's what I got.
    On page 14, Bedlam posts a vote count that is basically a whole bunch of 1s. At the BOTP, Langly votes for Kias, tying himself and Kias for first. The Kias wagon starts in earnest around Sportzboy's vote in the middle of the next page. Votes for others are interspersed before Roman and SeGaTai push Kias out even further. 1/3 of the way into page 16, Pharezon calls out Goose while 38thDoe piles onto Kias. Egos adds to Kias and then Goose comes out talking about being in a second place tie and vote trickle/ME Phalla mechanics and how he will RNG his vote. Shabooty votes him. Goose gets defensive about Shabooty tying the second place vote.

This is where I make a half-joke, half-goose-is-being-goofy-and-suspicious post. Then all hell breaks loose. Phyphor, JABMonkey, Corvidae all vote for Goose within 7 minutes of me. I check the magic box and it says that Goose has risen from 2nd place to tie for out of nowhere. This makes me nervous, and apparently I wasn't the only one, as Phyphor also comments on how quick that shifted. So I switch back to Kias, voicing my concern.

Kias stays in first for awhile. Then, on page 20, INANTP makes a joke vote about Langly. Tayrun, sportrtzboy, Corvidae and Kime all switch shortly thereafter. The Magic Box reports that this is the second time a wagon has overtaken Kias, once again out of nowhere in a flash. INANTP rightfully backs away from his joke, and just as earlier when I switched back, the wagon falls apart.

To recap:
    first flash wagon (Goose) Pharezon, Shabooty, Myself, Phyphor, JABMonkey, Corvidae.
    second flash wagon (Langly) INANTP, Tayrun, Sportzboy, Corvidae, Kime.

I don't know if these flashwagons are just villagers sheeping, coincidence, or mafia shenanigans, but both felt really weird at the time. Corvidae seems like the obvious target, but perhaps too obvious.

People who have since deceased crossed out, remaining players bolded.

To that list I will add that Loxx is still far, far too quiet, despite having graced us with an appearance to vote on the mistaken Hullis wagon, and there is still evidence outstanding against Cayrus, albeit somewhat weak/circumstantial evidence.

Really, though, at the rate we're going, this is academic. Even if we get all our votes right the rest of the way, we are averaging 3-4 villagers dead every night. We need some purchased vig kills to come through to have a chance, and thus far I don't think we've had a single one.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    Just to make certain: please note that the extra vote applies to Day 7, and not the current Day 6. Day 6 will close in approximately 22 hours, as normally scheduled.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    extend weekends are busy

• Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    not extend
    MY REASOSNS ARE MY OWN
    Ibut also everyone e,she's

Because of impatience!

Heh. Dodgerbkue

• Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    Village is boned at this point

• Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    oooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooOOOOOOOooo
    Silly village. You have doomed us all.
    oooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooOOOOOOOooo

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Extend please

Also goddamn, those are some hits.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Extend for 48 hour period

and in case it isn't, Pharezon

I find it odd only Daniant and I are thinking of the same thing?

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Extend the shit out of that vote, son.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Cayrus

Close early

I honestly dont think we'll get much done with an extra day that we cant get done today. The player list is winding down so it should be easier to make decisions.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Extend. Phyphor.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    If anyone would like to talk re:tonight's fights, my channels are open.

My channels are always open!

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Langly please close your channels its starting to stink.