As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Aion] Is Now Completely Free To Play. 3.0 Is Now Live.

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    okay so I made a warrior. he's as tall as i could make him, which will probably end up poorly in pvp. name, of course, is handgimp. only got to level 5 tho.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    Handgimp wrote: »
    okay so I made a warrior. he's as tall as i could make him, which will probably end up poorly in pvp. name, of course, is handgimp. only got to level 5 tho.

A bunch of us are usually in the PA chat, drop a message when you want to join up and someone there can invite you. Everyone currently in the guild can send invites.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Yup. I'm locked out of my character now. And nothing in support is helpful in ANY possible way. Gonna submit another ticket, and maybe this time I'll get something that actually has to do with the problem.

edit: Ended up just starting a different account. Will probably never use my original again, so you can just take her out of the guild. I'll request an invite for my new one later.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Just out of curiosity, what happened when you got locked out? Did it give you any message or anything? or just lock you?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Just out of curiosity, what happened when you got locked out? Did it give you any message or anything? or just lock you?
    It said "We're sorry, but this account does not currently have access to Aion. Your account has been temporarily suspended because you have not made a recent payment)

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Ah, ok. Yeah I forgot you had that trial before the new trial silliness stuff.

That sucks. :(

• Options
    Ah, ok. Yeah I forgot you had that trial before the new trial silliness stuff.

That sucks. :(
    Eeeh. I was only level 10, so not TOO much lost.

Ended up going crazy when making a new character, cause I realized that almost all the hairstyles had clipping issues, but that's just me being OCD.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Heeey, I've seen a few people pop up with running Aion in steam; how do you do that?

I can't figure out how to add it to my library because it runs through the NCSoft launcher and there's no executable.

I try to run every game possible via the steam overlay. To the point that when I'm playing a game that isn't I'm constantly trying to shift-tab into the overlay.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    Heeey, I've seen a few people pop up with running Aion in steam; how do you do that?

I can't figure out how to add it to my library because it runs through the NCSoft launcher and there's no executable.

I try to run every game possible via the steam overlay. To the point that when I'm playing a game that isn't I'm constantly trying to shift-tab into the overlay.
    Just add the launcher. It works fine like that.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Ah...its always simpler than I assume it is going to be. EDIT: So you just name it Aion then? It's just actually running the launcher? EDIT2: Hmm..it won't let me add the launcher command to automatically launch Aion.

EDIT3: Nevermind, the launch command needed to go outside the quotes. EDIT4: overlay doesn't work.

LASTEDIT: ah, gotta set the nclauncher to exit the launcher when you run a game. Then the overlay works.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    Ah...its always simpler than I assume it is going to be. EDIT: So you just name it Aion then? It's just actually running the launcher? EDIT2: Hmm..it won't let me add the launcher command to automatically launch Aion.

EDIT3: Nevermind, the launch command needed to go outside the quotes. EDIT4: overlay doesn't work.

LASTEDIT: ah, gotta set the nclauncher to exit the launcher when you run a game. Then the overlay works.

How did you get the overlay to work? I never have been able to.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    Really. I didn't need to do ANYTHING. I just added the launcher client to steam, and it's worked fine.

Though I DO need to set it to close the launcher after I'm done playing.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    edited March 2012

I can only speak for windows 7 x64. Dunno if it'll work right in any other OS, but I don't know why it wouldn't.

Anyway, add Aion to your steam library. Even with no .exe Steam should find it in the games list. Then load up the properties for Aion in Steam and change the "Target" field to:

"C:\Games\NCSoft\Launcher\NCLauncher.exe" /LaunchGame=Aion

Exactly as it is there, with the quotes where they are. Obviously change the "Games" to whatever your base directory is for your games.
    The /launchgame has to be outside of quotes. If you put it in it won't work.

Then, just run the NCSoft launcher independently. go to settings and in the general tab set the dropdown for "After launching a game" to "Exit Launcher".

then save and quit out of the launcher.

When you run via the shortcut in steam now, when the launcher loads up Aion it should quit after that and the overlay should then work in Aion. If you leave the launcher running and not quit it'll keep priority over Aion and the overlay won't work.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited March 2012

I can only speak for windows 7 x64. Dunno if it'll work right in any other OS, but I don't know why it wouldn't.

Anyway, add Aion to your steam library. Even with no .exe Steam should find it in the games list. Then load up the properties for Aion in Steam and change the "Target" field to:

"C:\Games\NCSoft\Launcher\NCLauncher.exe" /LaunchGame=Aion

Exactly as it is there, with the quotes where they are. Obviously change the "Games" to whatever your base directory is for your games.
    The /launchgame has to be outside of quotes. If you put it in it won't work.

Then, just run the NCSoft launcher independently. go to settings and in the general tab set the dropdown for "After launching a game" to "Exit Launcher".

then save and quit out of the launcher.

When you run via the shortcut in steam now, when the launcher loads up Aion it should quit after that and the overlay should then work in Aion. If you leave the launcher running and not quit it'll keep priority over Aion and the overlay won't work.

Thats awesome, thanks for the info.

Too bad it doesn't work. At least not on my Win7 64x. As soon as it launches Aion and closes the launcher it kills its interaction with Steam immediately, it doesn't even show me as playing anything.

Elimination on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I'm using Win7 x64 and that's exactly how I got it to work. :(

EDIT: Just fiddle with it and settings. I just googled it and worked from different things other people did until I got it working for me.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    XerephXereph Registered User regular
    Got my account going again. Figure I will give this game another shot. Didn't see any of you on so I will catch you in game sometime for a legion invite.

PSN - Xereph
  • Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Unlimited Trial accounts are being fixed next maintenance (which is tomorrow I believe.)

Here is what it changes for all EXISTING and future trial accounts:

Number of characters you can create increases from 3 to 8
    Above level 20 can chat in main chat channels
    Able to use trade broker
    Able to trade with other players
    Able to use personal and legion warehouse

The vendor cap to sell items to an NPC remains at 600,000 kinah per day, and the max level is 40. Please note that once you ding 41, the trial will turn off and you will not be able to access it again until Truly Free.

These trial accounts WILL convert to complete access accounts when 3.0/Truly Free launches.

Adellios on
  • Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    It's been mentioned in game or steam chat before, but I'll bring it up here too.
    Renaming the Legion would cost $20USD, I'd be willing to toss in a couple bucks via paypal or something to help pay for that.
    If 3 more people are interested, it'd only cost us each $5.. or less if more people wanted to chip in.

Also there are so many crafting materials in the legion warehouse. I must resist the urge to grab the thousands of leather hides to grind my tailoring skill. and every other crafting material to grind my other crafting skills. ;)

• Options
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    It's been mentioned in game or steam chat before, but I'll bring it up here too.
    Renaming the Legion would cost $20USD, I'd be willing to toss in a couple bucks via paypal or something to help pay for that.
    If 3 more people are interested, it'd only cost us each $5.. or less if more people wanted to chip in.

Also there are so many crafting materials in the legion warehouse. I must resist the urge to grab the thousands of leather hides to grind my tailoring skill. and every other crafting material to grind my other crafting skills. ;)

Yeah we need to share those mats.

• Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    Apparently F2P / Patch 3.0 comes out on April 11. Also dolphin mount and hoverbike.

• Options
    Nice, I thought it was going to be further out than that.

Sounds good.

Sorry I didn't show up for most of the free reactivation. There was this pesky game named ME3 that came out in the middle of the free time that distracted me :P

• Options
    Here's a post that talks about some of the features of the US F2P system, though its kind of confusing and I think we'll have to wait for more information from NCSoft as to the exact details on how the QUBE system is going to work
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/03/15/aion-ascension-and-f2p-launch-date-set/

• Options
    I'll probably actually sit down and play it once it goes fully free.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Free to play huh? I'll give this a shot, I'm hankering for an MMO fix. You guys are on a server?

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Ok so official Info for the guild.

Guild name: Seven Nation Army

Server: Israphel

Contacts for guild: Borntohula, Rakuso (so far, will add plenty of officers as i get everyone gathered in the legion/guild.)

So uh, I'm only seeing UK and EU servers...what? Are the US servers down, or did I somehow download the wrong client? edit: Yes, it appears I did. Damnit.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    No, its the same client. Just go into your ncsoft launcher settings and change your region to the US.

EDIT: Oh wait, now it is, yeah. The Gameforge or whatever that is running it in the EU now has a different client. Sorry about that. You need the one directly via the ncsoft launcher.

EDIT EDIT: And its not F2P yet, btw, in the US. Not till next month.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    No, its the same client. Just go into your ncsoft launcher settings and change your region to the US.

EDIT: Oh wait, now it is, yeah. The Gameforge or whatever that is running it in the EU now has a different client. Sorry about that. You need the one directly via the ncsoft launcher.

EDIT EDIT: And its not F2P yet, btw, in the US. Not till next month.

There's a free trial till level 40 or something though. I am all over the free trials.

• Options

Sounds good.

Sorry I didn't show up for most of the free reactivation. There was this pesky game named ME3 that came out in the middle of the free time that distracted me :P

It's ok I havent logged on in a week due to ME 3

• Options

Sounds good.

It's ok I havent logged on in a week due to ME 3

• Options
    Hunter_KillersHunter_Killers Registered User regular
    Vaizel and Zikel are being merged. Seems like a strange thing to do being <1 month from going F2P.

http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/showthread.php?p=1268210#post1268210

4efe575fea51ec35.png
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Hrm. I have elyos and asmos on those servers. What are they going to do about them?

Maybe I can use it to move my elyos all to israphel; that'd be nice

EDIT: wow, that's amazingly weak. It doesn't look like they're going to provide server transfers if you have both factions, you'll just be locked out of one of the factions until you move them.

EDIT2: hmm...maybe I jumped the gun. It's hard to say:
    I would rather go to a different server. What can I do?
    We would encourage you to give your new server some time and explore it to see if it is a good home for you. If it is not, we will be offering server transfer services later on.

Maybe they'll offer it. It would be really silly for them to lock out one of your factions for their server merge and make you pay to move them to play your characters again.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    Hrm. I have elyos and asmos on those servers. What are they going to do about them?

Maybe I can use it to move my elyos all to israphel; that'd be nice

EDIT: wow, that's amazingly weak. It doesn't look like they're going to provide server transfers if you have both factions, you'll just be locked out of one of the factions until you move them.

EDIT2: hmm...maybe I jumped the gun. It's hard to say:
    I would rather go to a different server. What can I do?
    We would encourage you to give your new server some time and explore it to see if it is a good home for you. If it is not, we will be offering server transfer services later on.

Maybe they'll offer it. It would be really silly for them to lock out one of your factions for their server merge and make you pay to move them to play your characters again.

I hope they offer free transfers later. That would be nice. Since I'm in the same boat as you on those servers. I have both sides on each. I also have Israphel of course. But i'd love to have my other Elyos over on Israphel.

• Options
    They clarified that they'll offer free transfers for people who have both factions on the new server, for their "inactive" faction (i.e. the one you don't choose as your faction for the server after April 11th).

There's no current timetable for the transfers but I imagine they'll be pretty soon after the forced choice on the 11th.

So.

If you want your Elyos on Israphel for the new PA Legion, and you have asmo/elyos on these servers, just be sure to choose your Asmos as the primary faction for the new server so you'll get free transfers to Israphel.

• Options
    grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    Wonder if all the moved players are going to be named Zikel_NAME. Was a pain to find names after the Nezekan to whatever move.

Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • Options
    The faq answers that. I think that's the case, that Zikel gets the fake names and the free name change. I think Vaziel is keeping their names, but there will be options open to players who have a name that someone that is inactive or low level. You can apply for appeal for the name and they'll go by some standards (how long inactive, who's higher level, who was created first etc).

I get that they had to make some hard decisions about it, but maybe forcing everyone to rename would have been smoother, it would make it so those inactives aren't even in the equation.

Also, I have to question the wisdom of merging servers prior to making the game F2P. There is bound to be considerably more players when it goes F2P and I'm afraid of overpopulation and lag. I mean, from their perspective maybe they're hoping they can turn around and say "Hey, look, its so popular we had to add servers!!!!!" which everyone will know is BS but it'll be a good thing to throw in an ad somewhere.

• Options
    Hunter_KillersHunter_Killers Registered User regular
    New server opening up for F2P launch: Kahrun

http://gameguide.na.aiononline.com/aion/Reserve+Character+Name+on+Kahrun

Everyone is being converted to free/reactivated on the 4th this month.

http://na.aiononline.com/news/announcements/conversion-truly-free-gives-players-ncoin

I'm expecting to not be automatically switched over because they are silly like that.

4efe575fea51ec35.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    They released a video explaining what the CUBE system is going to be, but it still doesn't make a ton of sense and we'll probably have to wait for launch of F2P to truly see how it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alIz4ZW0Djo

So the way its explained it's a pick your own crap to pay for in a bundle instead of the preset bundles and getting stuff you don't want. They're pretty adamant that the entire game, exactly how it is now for paid customers, will be free; so hopefully the stuff you can throw in the CUBE will be extras and bonuses. Things like outfits and bonuses to XP/AP gain or whatever.

The question I have about it is; is it a buy once, get it forever thing, or are you "renting" the stuff in your CUBE?

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    QuintessinQuintessin Registered User regular
    I'm wondering when today accounts are gonna go free...

• Options
    Quintessin wrote: »
    I'm wondering when today accounts are gonna go free...

they go free on the 11th not today.

• Options
    QuintessinQuintessin Registered User regular
    That wasn't what a post on their front page said earlier. Said accounts got switched over to Truly Free on April 4th.