As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Another Job Thread? I could do that at home with MS Word!

• Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    I'm having another career crisis. Last time this happened we moved to Atlanta. Now I'm thinking Korea. That still beats doing something totally nuts like going back to school.

Mostly I just think I want to underachieve. I don't know if I'm too old or too young for this.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Aww... you could have posted as a hostage and we could stat a Kickstarter project to set you free.

Seriously though, glad you were not involved. Did you see anything in the news?

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    Aww... you could have posted as a hostage and we could stat a Kickstarter project to set you free.

Seriously though, glad you were not involved. Did you see anything in the news?

Nope, I was on the road for an hour & a half afterwards though.

And when I got home I watched The Soup while eating some pizza.

I AM IN SHOCK!!!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    OH MY GOD YOU GUYS! OH MY GOD!

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    I started training for the iPad 3 today at work.

I got volentold into the class yesterday when I was out sick.

At least I don't have to be on the phones for this week!

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    Veretas wrote: »
    OH MY GOD YOU GUYS! OH MY GOD!

good job!

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Did the game take that long @Veretas ?

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    It went until midnight I think

Just wait until you see what the loser has to do

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    anyone else going to GDC?
    I'm manning the recruiting booth some there for big b.
    ;3

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    Gonna show up with a GW2 shirt and be like "What? What?"

and then flip yo table

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    Who am I kidding

I ain't strong enough to flip a table

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Gonna show up with a GW2 shirt and be like "What? What?"

and then flip yo table

tumblr_lmp88h4Dy81qafrh6.gif

• Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    News at 11: @Veretas fights for the users

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    How long until the PATV episode of this, Veretas?

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    I do know that Schlumberger has a habit of sending people to places they may not want to be though, so be wary of the possibility of getting sent to Siberia or Saudi after this job's over. The good news is you'll make a killing if you do it, but the bad news is you're in the desert or the frozen wasteland.

Yeah, they operate all over the world. Alberta in the winter is pretty much a frozen wasteland so I'd have to deal with that but I think I would actually rather the cold than extreme heat.

Hmmmm... the nuclear operator sent me an email asking me to complete a security clearance. I'm thinking this is a good sign, because if they weren't interested in me they wouldn't care about making me fill out this shit, right?

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Welllllllll you remember how I said my hiring process had been put on hold until the drug stuff cleared? And that once it did, things would pick up right where they left off?

Wellllllllllllllllllllllll now I've got a letter from the feds saying my job offer has been rescinded. Entirely. And that I'll need to go back to square one with the application process (though there are now no posted vacancies for the position I was in the running for)

So I need to wait and hear back from my contact on Monday before I know for sure just what the fuck is going on, but it looks like it's fucking over now

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    neville wrote: »
    anyone else going to GDC?
    I'm manning the recruiting booth some there for big b.
    ;3

Rank's on his way there, according to the twitter

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    rhylith wrote: »
    I do know that Schlumberger has a habit of sending people to places they may not want to be though, so be wary of the possibility of getting sent to Siberia or Saudi after this job's over. The good news is you'll make a killing if you do it, but the bad news is you're in the desert or the frozen wasteland.

Yeah, they operate all over the world. Alberta in the winter is pretty much a frozen wasteland so I'd have to deal with that but I think I would actually rather the cold than extreme heat.

Hmmmm... the nuclear operator sent me an email asking me to complete a security clearance. I'm thinking this is a good sign, because if they weren't interested in me they wouldn't care about making me fill out this shit, right?

It's definitely a good sign!

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Looks like I have a moderately successful site on my hands. Anyone know if things that I might be missing re: how to make it profitable?

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Saw someone on my facebook link an article on your website so it seems like it's getting around, considering that person never visits penny arcade

• Options
    Skeith wrote: »

Probably a few weeks? I dunno. I bet it will take a while to edit it all.

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular

I'm pretty sure any highschool kid could edit for them and have it up by Sunday afternoon. For like $50. And will upgrade their SD video to HD.

• Options
    Ruckus wrote: »

I BET EDITING IS EASY!!!

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    Looks like I have a moderately successful site on my hands. Anyone know if things that I might be missing re: how to make it profitable?

put up an article written by an amazingly witty cripple who you hounded for a write up and never responded once he did.
    I kid.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    So I sat down with the head of my improv' comedy troupe, the one who is the head of it down in New Mexico (and thus is the manager of the sub-groups in Washington, Florida, New York and England), to discuss me moving down to join his group.

Everything seems pretty good and beyond it providing a new opportunity it'd offer me a chance to stop working with that demon of a boss.

So I still have to discuss it with my parents but I'm fairly cemented in moving down to Clovis, New Mexico on March 28th to pursue professional improv' comedy.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Fucking cocksukin' oven door.

Just burnt my arm on a god damn nacho plate because you, you piece of shit.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options

I'm pretty sure any highschool kid could edit for them and have it up by Sunday afternoon. For like $50. And will upgrade their SD video to HD.

Ahahaha you have no idea how editing works

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    @Veretas, I'm sure he's listened to a DVD commentary or something though.

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Stale wrote: »

put up an article written by an amazingly witty cripple who you hounded for a write up and never responded once he did.
    I kid.

argh. I knew I was missing some submissions. I am embarrass.

• Options
    Hey Orik we should be fb buddies

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    My coworker came back to work on friday, with bronchitis and assurances that his doctor had said it would no longer be contagious by then

guess what

Ledneh on
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    god i'm going to fucking kill him

• Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    @Zonugal @Veretas

OK obviously I misjudged how facetious I needed to be to properly convey the ridiculousness on the Internets.

Just imagine I also wrote that the highschool kid poops rainbows.

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    No, I'm pretty sure you were entirely right Ruckus. No need to give into those who clearly overestimate how hard things can be.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Look, if I can upload a video to youtube in like, 10 minutes, then you can edit a few hours of footage into an episode of a show within like, a day.

Just work harder, man.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    @Zonugal @Veretas

OK obviously I misjudged how facetious I needed to be to properly convey the ridiculousness on the Internets.

Just imagine I also wrote that the highschool kid poops rainbows.

So he could edit some videos for the It Gets Better Project?

Video editing is one of those things people really don't understand. Our trainers did some 3 minute videos, and after viewing had some changes for the production company to make. They did not understand that you can't just cut out sections of video without going back to the source and re-encoding.

• Options
    No, I'm pretty sure you were entirely right Ruckus. No need to give into those who clearly overestimate how hard things can be.

His comment is fairly condescending towards those who have a background in editing.

Also I feel like I have enough experience in the subject to estimate its difficulty.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    ugh

the dishwasher broke today

at a restaurant that caters to old people

during brunch

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Welllllllll you remember how I said my hiring process had been put on hold until the drug stuff cleared? And that once it did, things would pick up right where they left off?

Wellllllllllllllllllllllll now I've got a letter from the feds saying my job offer has been rescinded. Entirely. And that I'll need to go back to square one with the application process (though there are now no posted vacancies for the position I was in the running for)

So I need to wait and hear back from my contact on Monday before I know for sure just what the fuck is going on, but it looks like it's fucking over now

Sorry to hear that man, I remember how pissed/disappointed I was when my offer was rescinded. Hopefully it is just something they need to clear up and you can pick up where you left off.

• Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

His comment is fairly condescending towards those who have a background in editing.

Also I feel like I have enough experience in the subject to estimate its difficulty.

his comment was sarcastic you fuckin chuds

UmPiq.png
This discussion has been closed.