As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Tijuana Death[Phalla] - End of Match: Leaving The Ring Victorious

• Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    I think Loxx is winning so lets make sure that difference is big.

• Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    Duna-list:
    The Anonymous
    mascara
    vertroue (sorry ladies!)
    Phyphor

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I think my last game with Ringo was Kamen Rider Phalla?
    I kinda betrayed him there as I convinced him to grant me my win condition, which wound up being at the expense of the village...

Also, I want to let folks know that I have no intention of running off with everyone's money.

Finally, any extra funds transferred to my office will go to expanding the network. No need to send me everything. A little bit from everyone will be enough to help out immensely.

I would like to suggest that folks continue to explore votes, make bets, and act on personal bids. I don't want to give the impression that you need my permission or authority before utilizing your hard earned money. Things are still flexible enough that I can lean on giving suggestions, hints, and asking requests, rather than demanding orders.

May Greed guide you.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    what is dunalist from?

loxx because fuck if I even know whats going on in this phalla

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Shabooty wrote: »
    what is dunalist from?

loxx because fuck if I even know whats going on in this phalla

A couple of us asked the same question a few days ago. It is apparently named after a player named Dunadan, who was known for posting lists of people he was "suspicious" of without giving any reasoning or explanation as to why.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    LoxxLoxx Registered User regular
    Pharezon

I realize I have been very quiet this week, mainly due to a couple things coming up that I didn't expect. You're only voting out a villager, but I know how it looks. I've passed what I can on to the network, so good luck village!

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Ah yes, Dunadan019. We did the numbers on his lists versus the RNG.
    The RNG was more accurate.

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Day 6 has closed.

Votes and actions made at or before x:59 will count; all votes and actions made at x:00 and later will not.

Narration and results will be up in approximately an hour.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    I remember when i made a dunalist, it was a proud day.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Huh, the forums were bonk'ed when I got home. That's unfortunate...

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    I remember when i made a dunalist, it was a proud day.

Pretty sure I appeared on at least 10 of Dunadan's lists, and I was a villager every single time.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Round 7: Removal of Leadership

Virgil_Leads_You hid in the shadows of the warehouse that was the site of the previous week's bouts. Flashlights and lanterns held by members of law enforcement cast lights about the facility in search of the organizer who had leadership suddenly foist upon him. Just minutes prior, MrTLicious had been nabbed, causing Virgil_Leads_You's escape into the building. Where had things gone wrong? So many of his fellow organizers had been killed in the past few days. corvidae was found dead, killed by an untraceable killer; Alegis too was made silent, but by the masked menace known only as Inactivus. Loxx was released from the group in an attempt to get rid of the agents among their ranks, but this did not help in the least.

What Virgil_Leads_You did not know was that they had already gotten rid of an undercover agent during the week's bouts. The Anonymous was in the system as a deathmatch fighter, and though he was a trained combatant, "The Destroyah" was killed in his fight, unable to overcome his opponent. Of course, even if The Anonymous had survived his bout, this would not have made a difference. The Anonymous would still have been taken care of by other means, and Virgil_Leads_You would still be tracked down by the law as he was now. There was no answer to where things went wrong: this was simply the way things were.

Eliminated Players

Alegis - Deathmatch Organizer <- inactivity
    corvidae - Deathmatch Organizer
    Loxx - Deathmatch Organizer
    MrTLicious - Deathmatch Organizer
    The Anonymous - Undercover Agent
    Virgil_Leads_You - Deathmatch Organizer

Day 6 Match Results

Match 1: The Great Wall of China was taken apart brick by brick by the lyrical stylings of Clyde "Ghostface Thrillah" Magilla.
    Match 2: Pete "The Wall" Johnson outlasted the vicious attacks of The Destroyah in a thrilling and highly contested bout.
    Match 3: Nobody was more confused than Hercules Atlas Schwarzenegger when Artie "The Art of Darkness" Barowitz deployed his exotic shadow arts to take the match.

Today's Bouts

Match 1: Maximum Power vs. The Honey Badger
    Match 2: Terra Flyin' vs. The Thumb
    Match 3: Mantaro Muscle vs. El Contador

As per the special vote, Day 7 will be extended to a 48-hour period. As such:

Standard close time for Day 7 is Monday, March 5, 9PM PST / Tuesday, March 6, 12AM EST / 5AM UTC

Update PMs will be going out shortly.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    Well, if my duna-list is that good, maybe I should also vote for mascara.

*waves goodbye sadly to the network*

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I like that vote.

mascara

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Also, there was a certain bit of information being passed around the network last night regarding betting. If you think you have a piece of that particular puzzle, I'd love to hear from you.

Otherwise we'll all have to start analyzing T_A's voting record and nobody wants that...

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    So they got me. Whatever, it doesn't change a thing. See, they think with this, they can stop us from shutting down their little game. It's so cute. They don't see that we've already won, that very soon we'll put an end to this "underground coliseum". If our betting buddies ever read this, let me tell the rich fucks one thing: your fun is about to hit a brick wall and die. Because we built that damn wall. We came here to see the crash ourselves. And you flew right into it like the dumb-ass birds you are.

Enjoy it while it lasts, you geese.

-Message from the late Gree M. D'Arrc

• Options
    All Update PMs should be out. Let me know if that is not the case.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    daniant wrote: »

And what a network it was.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    has mascara even been posting O_o ?

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    We seem to be boned

• Options
    Yeah my give-a-fuck-ness about this is pretty minimal now.

Cayrus because he's dodged the wagon too long.

• Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »

Should we be hitting the meta game now?

Who should have been kicked for inactivity, but hasn't?

Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    I go away from my comp for one evening and shit all falls apart, honestly you guys.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Mascara

because no one ever kills who I wanna kill anyway *pout*

• Options
    Seriously, either you have inactivity rules or you don't. I can't remember a single post by mascara.

• Options
    Gaslight wrote: »
    daniant wrote: »

And what a network it was.

You should go back to your Zevon avatar. Better suited to your cynicism. You've been despairing since at least day 2.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »
    Seriously, either you have inactivity rules or you don't. I can't remember a single post by [color=]mascara[/color].
    She posted last night about being at a wedding or some such. Has a tardis avatar.

• Options
    Phyphor actually

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    I'll vote Gaslight as his pessimism is not helpful and I can't vote against a fellow Doctor Who avatar.

You can kill me if you want, that's fine, I'm just an organizer with no money cause I wasted it all last night to kill T_A on Virgil's orders.

But we have vote records that we should be combing through and I am entirely too sick to be of any help.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    mascara There are a few posts for her but not many...

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    You should go back to your Zevon avatar. Better suited to your cynicism. You've been despairing since at least day 2.

I wasn't the only one, either. Day 3 and 4 were real nice, though! ...Relatively. But I'm glad somebody knew who my avatar was!

I'll vote Gaslight as his pessimism is not helpful and I can't vote against a fellow Doctor Who avatar.

Sorry, in the future I'll refrain from calling attention to the fact the village is in huge trouble when it definitely is and try to get everybody to believe things aren't so bad. Just like the mafia would want. :P

Edit: Cripes, these emoticons are terrible.

Gaslight on
  • Options

Sorry, in the future I'll refrain from calling attention to the fact the village is in huge trouble when it definitely is and try to get everybody to believe things aren't so bad. Just like the mafia would want. :P

The general idea is that "Ohnoes, that was a bad night, guys" is a pretty substanceless post that makes it seem like you're participating and helping but, in actuality, not adding anything to the discussion.

So, it's kinda suspicious.
    As is pointing out its suspiciousness

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular

Well considering this is Blarney and he is ontop of his game . )(I got hit with an inactivity warning the other day.)

I was wondering if something was up (special role or something). Some of you may remember Arivia in 38th's Planescape's game. So wasn't sure if something like that might have been going on. But as Bedlam pointed out, she voted yesterday.

• Options
    Capfalcon wrote: »

The general idea is that "Ohnoes, that was a bad night, guys" is a pretty substanceless post that makes it seem like you're participating and helping but, in actuality, not adding anything to the discussion.

So, it's kinda suspicious.
    As is pointing out its suspiciousness

I have been one of the few people trying to get us to do any kind of vote analysis, as recently as yesterday.

The fact is that I really do think we are sort of screwed at this point, though, and that is making it hard for me to care about what happens from now on. The seemingly near-total failure on the village's part to successfully and productively hire assassins/seers/guards for most of the game - whether due to bad luck or whatever other factor - has fucked us over pretty bad.

For my part, I blew my cash the one time I had a decent reserve on a fairly unproductive investigation and otherwise my bets have all proved disastrous, leaving me effectively broke.

Now we are taking huge losses every night, our network (such as it was) appears to have been wiped out without really accomplishing anything (nothing against them, shit happens and we know how well I did in my one outing as a network head so far), and we've sheeped on too many bad leads (of which I am as guilty as anybody) with only a bunch of aborted bandwagons, half-leads, and muddled voting records left to go on.

So yeah, I am somewhat fed up and I think the writing is on the wall at this point. I realize my comments may not have been terribly productive or encouraging, so I apologize if I pissed anybody off. Doesn't change my opinion, but I'm sorry for letting my irritation get the better of me.

• Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

Well considering this is Blarney and he is ontop of his game . )(I got hit with an inactivity warning the other day.)

I was wondering if something was up (special role or something). Some of you may remember Arivia in 38th's Planescape's game. So wasn't sure if something like that might have been going on. But as Bedlam pointed out, she voted yesterday.

Yeah - I think Alegis voted yesterday, but still got eliminated for inactivity.

Luckily, the day has been extended so I'll be able to do some more checking after I get home from work today.
    I have been one of the few people trying to get us to do any kind of vote analysis, as recently as yesterday.

The fact is that I really do think we are sort of screwed at this point, though, and that is making it hard for me to care about what happens from now on. The seemingly near-total failure on the village's part to successfully and productively hire assassins/seers/guards for most of the game - whether due to bad luck or whatever other factor - has fucked us over pretty bad.

For my part, I blew my cash the one time I had a decent reserve on a fairly unproductive investigation and otherwise my bets have all proved disastrous, leaving me effectively broke.

Now we are taking huge losses every night, our network (such as it was) appears to have been wiped out without really accomplishing anything (nothing against them, shit happens and we know how well I did in my one outing as a network head so far), and we've sheeped on too many bad leads (of which I am as guilty as anybody) with only a bunch of aborted bandwagons, half-leads, and muddled voting records left to go on.

So... situation normal for a Phalla? :P
    So yeah, I am somewhat fed up and I think the writing is on the wall at this point. I realize my comments may not have been terribly productive or encouraging, so I apologize if I pissed anybody off. Doesn't change my opinion, but I'm sorry for letting my irritation get the better of me.

It's cool - go play a game, and blow some steam off.

Maybe congratulate the mafia players on how well they've played.

If they would be so kind as to link to their proboards to show us how they outwitted us?

Edit: What happened to the =P emoticon?

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    Well me and my dumb ass didn't make a fighter(apparently I read past that part.) and I have lost every bet I have put in on this game. :(

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Phyphor

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Pyhphor until he dies I guess.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Ok, in penance for my absence yesterday, I'm going through the voting records.

Day 1: Baidol
    Interesting events: It's Day 1, what do you want?

Day 2: Kias (MAFIA)
    Interesting Events: On the Langly flashwagon that almost saved Kias: INANTP, Tayrun, Sportzboy, corvidae, Kime

Day 3: Kime (MAFIA)
    Interesting Events: None, really. Seering results announced early killed the voting record.

Day 4: JABMonkey
    Interesting Events: Missing mafia on this night due to lucky guards, inactivity, etc. Votes were pretty straightforward.

Day 5: Hullis
    Interesting Events: Pretty much everyone voted for Hullis.

Day 6: Loxx
    Interesting Events: Again, most peole voted for Hullis.

Disappointingly, TA Voted for the vote winner pretty much every night, and over half the votes were complete blowouts where the mafia can just sheep along, throw out a lone "protest" vote, or something.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    oooOOOOOOooooo

You guys are boring.

oooOOOOOOooooo