As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FTL] Faster Than Light - Advanced Edition and iPad Version coming 2014!

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Idk about FTL but this sure makes me dislike onlive

It's put me in a queue because onlive is having high user volume

• ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    This is certainly something I'm gonna check out when I get home from work tomorrow. Too bad the $100 investment is taken up already. :P

• johnwingjohnwing Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Foomy wrote: »
    really fun game, wish the demo wasn't done through onlive though, it's really laggy for me :(

Probably going to throw it some money via kickstarter, getting it sooner via a beta would be great.

Just a FYI. The target price of this game is around $10 when it comes out. And hopefully beta won't be via Onlive again. Nevermind the beta will be through desura or direct download.

johnwing on
  • PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
    Just backed it, it looks great.

• CubemonkeyCubemonkey Registered User regular
    Had a chance to play it last night after finishing my nightly X3AP havoc.

It was definitely fun, and I will buy it, but I found it very easy. Early on, I dumped scrap in to my shields and reactor so that I had 4 shield bars and could support everything else. It was rare that anything could drop my shields, and anything that did break through was meager.

As a result, I didn't experience much of the "holy shit save the ship" gameplay. At 1:15AM (I get up for work at 6:30..) the trial flashed the 1 minute warning. I straight up turned off my shields and was breaking apart in short order.

I enjoy the combat mechanism, though you basically always need to open by going for their shields. Also, it'd be nice if it were a bit faster. The fact that you can pause to strategize makes it so that you do not need all the weapon charge time that the game provides you with.

I'm donating $25 for beta access :D

Stahl - 50 Sage - The Old Republic
    Rigorous Scholarship
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Tom Francis of Gunpoint described it as “Firefly by way of Spelunky.” It has also been compared to Weird Worlds and Battlestations.

Hey, someone other than me that played Weird Worlds! :^:

Stumbled across this on RPS, and oh look we had a thread on PA. Keeping my eyes open for this.

• harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    Played the demo a few times. First time I had any trouble with the combat was when the enemy launched a laser drone and I only had 1 shield strength. It kept my shield suppressed while their laser did its work on my systems. I managed to damage their drone control system to shut the drone down, and launched my missile at their shield generator, crippling it. I started shooting at the rooms with crew in them and managed to kill a couple via incidental fires that broke out in their life support. What the fuck are they supposed to do when life support is on fire lol.

B6yM5w2.gif
    Tried it on OnLive. Not impressed with OnLive, but yeah. I like FTL.

• CubemonkeyCubemonkey Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Tried it on OnLive. Not impressed with OnLive, but yeah. I like FTL.

Yeah, even with a great ISP, OnLive is a bummer. The slight delay to the mouse movement is a pain.

Doesn't make the game any less fun.

Stahl - 50 Sage - The Old Republic
    Rigorous Scholarship
    I played it way too much. Not that it means anything, but the highest score I'm able to get is 994.

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Not really enthusiastic about the idea of fucking around with OnLive, but will definitely give this a try when a more freely available beta/demo is out.

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    What this makes me hope for is one day seeing something done in the vein of Space Station 13. I do very much like my ever present threat of vacuum in my crazy people simulator.

9KmX8eN.jpg

Wow didn't know that was even possible :P

• MugaazMugaaz Registered User regular
    How do I play this on onlive? Installed it, but I cant find this game

• FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    do a search for ftl in the marketplace, than any other time you want to play just hit last played after that.

Foomy on
    Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Incidentally I don't want to shit too much on onlive, Darksiders is fantastic on my tablet

Running the mouse server side is the wrong way to do it though, and lends itself poorly to games like this

override367 on
  • BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    Incidentally I don't want to shit too much on onlive, Darksiders is fantastic on my tablet

Running the mouse server side is the wrong way to do it though, and lends itself poorly to games like this

Yeah I've actually been having a great experience with Onlive so far. Being able to play games on my laptop that it could never handle feels a bit like magic.

• MugaazMugaaz Registered User regular
    Oh, was searching for faster than light. Thanks guys.

• XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    Alternately just click on "Showcase" on the main menu, and then click on the billboard for "Indie Game Showcase"

• PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    I can't stop playing this demo. Send help.

• FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    now that I know the sector 2 boss ship is kill-able I keep trying to get a run good enough to accomplish that. Just can`t seem to get all the key bits together on one run though, and onlive doesn`t make playing the demo easy with the crazy mouse lag I get from it.

Got it down to 5 hull once, You seem to need max sensors, 3 or 4 shield, full hull, all your crew, and than you need at least 2 weapons that can pierce shields, normally missiles. if you can take out its weapons and keep them down you win.

the wait for a beta that's not on onlive is going to drive me crazy.

Foomy on
    Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Probably going to start another set of $100 ones, just need to figure out a reward. Sit tight :D

Ever figure something out? I checked it semi-regularly and, unless it went up and sold out in one of the times I didn't look, I didn't see anything.

• XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    They put up an $80, and (I believe) a $500.

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    I love it that someone bought the unique $2000 design-an-alien-race Kickstarter level.

That $5000 level is still available, folks!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Would love to try this out, but onlive keeps disco'ing me.

wbBv3fj.png
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    I love it that someone bought the unique $2000 design-an-alien-race Kickstarter level.

I debated it but I was just in Shanghai with them last summer. That and not having an available 5k haha

• CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »

I debated it but I was just in Shanghai with them last summer. That and not having an available 5k haha

What was it like in Shanghai? I know when I think of Indie Development, I don't think of China, that's for sure.

steam_sig.png
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    ugh, is it august yet?

• CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    The anticipation is pretty raw, huh?

steam_sig.png
  • R_FR_F EnglandRegistered User regular
    Tom Francis of Gunpoint described it as “Firefly by way of Spelunky.” It has also been compared to Weird Worlds and Battlestations.

Hey, someone other than me that played Weird Worlds! :^:

Stumbled across this on RPS, and oh look we had a thread on PA. Keeping my eyes open for this.

Weird Worlds was alright, just way too short.

Hopefully this will be a bit more of a long-lived game.

The RawrfulCast
    Me and a Friend Play Games... Usually Badly
    R_F wrote: »

Well, that was by design.

• R_FR_F EnglandRegistered User regular

True, but I'd like a long-lasting SPACE EPIC that isn't Mass Effect. :(

Oh, well, still Kickstarter'd this. Which the OP hasn't included in the original post. >:|

Gonna try out the demo now.

The RawrfulCast
    Me and a Friend Play Games... Usually Badly
  • Drake ChambersDrake Chambers Lay out my formal shorts. Registered User regular

Oh, well, still Kickstarter'd this. Which the OP hasn't included in the original post. >:|

Pretty sure the omission of the Kickstarter link was per mod instructions, given that the developer was given permission to start the thread.

• cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular

Pretty sure the omission of the Kickstarter link was per mod instructions, given that the developer was given permission to start the thread.

Correctamundo!

• ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Any news on an offline demo?

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    I don't know about an open offline demo, there will be access to the beta for those who supported the kickstarter (which won't be through onlive).

• lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    100k?

That's going to be some seriously tasty Ramen.

steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
    I don't know about an open offline demo, there will be access to the beta for those who supported the kickstarter (which won't be through onlive).

Isn't beta access only for 25$+ backers?