As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Roasts and Casseroles. [Cooking and Food Thread]

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Blake, what recipe did you use to make coconut sorbet? I have nothing at all against coconut or sorbet, so.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    55 grams of sugar
    60 ml of water.

Heat these until combined on medium heat (less than 3 minutes)

175 grams of glucose.
    Mix this straight in first.

125 ml of coconut water (preferably from a drinking coconut.
    3 tsp of vanilla extract
    1/4 teaspoon of salt flakes
    400 ml coconut cream

Dump the rest of this in.

Refrigerate for half an hour, churn and freeze for three hours.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    Fake coconut is super gross

Real coconut is ok, though I'm so put off by years of being forced to eat fake coconut that I generally avoid it

I actually discovered this only within the past year or so.

I grew up hating coconut, it was always on the short list of stuff I just won't eat. Then I actually had real coconut, like from the tree and shit, and it was completely delicious.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    What were you eating before?

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    all coconut rules for real the best forever no matter what

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    today is topside of beef in red wine gravy with bay leaves

with crispy golden roast spuds, garden peas and baby carrots

Blake T wrote: »
    What were you eating before?

Well not much, since I was under the impression coconut was horrible, but it was usually in baked goods and stuff.

• QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    I'm not a fan of coconut but it has its uses

Coconut rice is something I could eat every day, so good

Probably desicated or shredded coconut.

Like I said, I can't eat a lot of it.

Now I just need to figure out why olives are disgusting and I'll be set

Because you are wrong.

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Javen wrote:
    Now I just need to figure out why olives are disgusting and I'll be set

hi5 :^:

coconut is vile

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Man, there are just not that many foods I consider downright vile. I'll even eat a banana now and then, and they are the food I dislike most in the world.

Coconut is pretty darn delicious to me personally, but even if you didn't like it I find it hard to fathom hating it that much! Although I did learn from experience that it's really good to make sure you're not allergic before playing fruit baseball with one. Ruining a perfectly good afternoon game of fruit baseball is a sin I can lay at the feet of coconuts.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    things i physically cannot eat

olives
    coconut
    brussel sprouts
    cauliflower
    kidneys
    liqorice

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I fucking love olives. But not those bullshit mission olives in a can.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    I bought a box of Girl Scout Samoa cookies yesterday. Chelsea just packed up her lunch and headed to work.

Apparently part of that lunch was 7 of the cookies....out of a box of 15. This from a girl who as of a year ago didn't like coconut.

Words will be had when she returns.

Foodstuffs I physically cannot eat:

Welp, that's my list I guess!

I don't feel especially inclined to try eating dog, I suppose, but I mean. I physically could eat it if I had to.

It's nice to not have food allergies.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    The worst part is @Sheri loves olives, and I'll alomst always try one whenever we go to an olive bar or something, just in case my tastes have changed. So far nothin.

The oil-cured ones are a little too intense for me to really enjoy on their own. And I bought some stuffed cerignolas while I was in the States over the holidays from an olive bar that I think were a touch off. Or, they were just really gross cerignolas, which is sad because normally those are one of my favourite kinds of olive.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    I kinda avoid frozen corn?

And pickles by themselves.

I don't care too much for jellyfish I suppose.

i will crunch up pickled gherkins all day

so lovely

beasteh loves keith's baby dick

belruelotterav-1.jpg
    its true

You mean his gentlemen's cock.

• SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    I love olives, all kinds of olives. They are delicious.
    I also love mushrooms. My wife, sadly, does not, but that's ok, more sauteed mushrooms for me!

mushrooms are marvelous
    one of our regular saturday morning breakfasts is a frittata made with potato, leek, mushrooms, some good cheese, and usually some bacon or ham

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    picky eaters are the result of parents too lazy to properly beat their children enough

easysig2.jpg
  • ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I once had some green olives at a restaurant that were so good that I can't really interest myself in eating any other olive. Don't know what type they were unfortunately. Very large.

Prolegomena on
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I love olives

I once tried your mother.

She was pretty bad.

Then I banged her again.

The moral of the story here is always fuck that guy's mother.

• AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    The worst part is @Sheri loves olives, and I'll alomst always try one whenever we go to an olive bar or something, just in case my tastes have changed. So far nothin.

Olive bar?

i forgot to put salt on the spuds and my dad just screamed at me being a failure as a person

WELP

• AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Weird. The closest thing I've seen to something like that is like 4 or 6 tubs at the end of a prepared foods stand in a grocery store. Never knew there were olive bars you could go to.

• SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Whole Foods has an olive bar

Now I want to go to Whole Foods again

Sheri on
    Olives must not be that popular down there. Many markets here have olive bars in them. Many QFCs have them as does the Ballard Market.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
    ok i am super proud of my roast taters

they came out perfect, golden and crispy on the outside, fluffy and creamy on the inside

the beef in red wine gravy was delicious

This discussion has been closed.