As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40,000] Tales of the Neckbeard and Adventures in Crazyland, 1000 FLGS stories.

• karlthepagankarlthepagan Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    1250 tournament tomorrow. Inquisitorial GK's

also came up with the following nutty "lol almost everything infiltrates" list:

HQ: chaplain + melta bombs, power fist, jump
    HQ: shrike
    Elite: ironclad + flamer + assault launchers
    drop pod
    Troops: scout squad ccw's, + melta bomb, power weapon
    Troops: tac squad + plasma gun, + multi-melta, multa bomb, power weapon
    FA: scout bikes, + 3 grenade launchers, melta bombs, combi melta, cluster mines
    Heavy: thunderfire

• saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    I just found out today there is a librarian in terminator armor from Space Hulk. I look it up online, and BAM. That's the terminator librarian model I would want to paint and include in my armor. The other one just looks fat. But ther's one right now on eBay and it is running $33 before shipping. Ehhh....

$33 for that is actually a really good deal.

Not sure if that particular model is particularly bad but a lot of the Space Hulk models were pretty heavy on Blood Angels iconography pre-sculpted; might want to look at a review before you drop the cash.

I got my Space Hulk termies about a year and a half ago for $60. I wouldn't be surprised if they have gone up since then. I like the Forgeworld librarian in power armor better, to be honest. I'd totally trade you. :P

They were a little heavy on blood angel iconography, but not as heavy as my dremel tool was on sandpaper bits.

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    I don't remember the Librarian being too bad for BA stuff (weird as he's meant to be Mephiston)
    Either way it's a super sweet figure and totally worth getting

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    So, the Zone Mortalis parts are not only made of a new resin type for Forgeworld (it's black!), their Facebook page shows someone standing on a peice. At least they won't break.

-Loki- on
  • NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    Dayspring wrote: »
    I don't remember the Librarian being too bad for BA stuff (weird as he's meant to be Mephiston)
    Either way it's a super sweet figure and totally worth getting

That's Calistarius, to you, sir :P

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    whatevs Nax you beaky hater

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    The only Forgeworld librarian I can find is Magister Sevrin Loth of the Red Scorpions and he's in powr armor, not terminator armor. Or was there an older one?

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Nope. Saluksic said he'd trade the space hulk one for the FW power armored one.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    That FW one comes with a bunch of dudesmans too.

So... bitzbitzbitzbitzbitz

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I think I'd rather pay the $33 for the Space HUlk one, than the close to $50 one for the FW one.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    The bidding on the Space Hulk one ends in about 5 hours and some change. The chaplain model I'm bidding on ends about an hour before that. If I don't get the chaplain, and I don't plan to increase my bid on it, then I'll try to get the librarian and go with a librarian. He is pretty sweet looking, and the only blood drop I can find is on his knee.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    The bidding on the Space Hulk one ends in about 5 hours and some change. The chaplain model I'm bidding on ends about an hour before that. If I don't get the chaplain, and I don't plan to increase my bid on it, then I'll try to get the librarian and go with a librarian. He is pretty sweet looking, and the only blood drop I can find is on his knee.

Check between the legs, those blood angels are pretty feminine.

edited March 2012
    Ewww.

Just so everyone knows what I'm talking about, this is the Space Hulk librarian, and I ofund a pic online of it on a 40mm base, and it fits just fine.

!ByO3JUwBGk~$(KGrHqN,!jcEw47N!+YtBMQ1vPGlP!~~_12.JPG

My only issue is removing the two tear drops I see, on the shoulder pad, and on the knee. The left shoulder pad (as you're looking at it) seems pretty easy. The knee pad is what I would worry about. I could remove the tear drop, but building the crux symbol back up with green stuff is something I've never attempted.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Don't forget the top of his banner pole.
    But you can just chop that off and drop some silly bit on top to be a new topper.

Edit: And his belt buckle...

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    Eh, maybe I won't get it.

My issue is that GW keeps making htese really dynamic poses, that don't look all that great. Why can't they just amke menacing looking dudes like this, that are walking... nay, striding... forward to kick some alien butt.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    Helbrecht?

Specifically, I'm talking about the current Librarian in terminator armor model they have in Finecast.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    Specifically, I'm talking about the current Librarian in terminator armor model they have in Finecast.

I was saying Helbrecht has the pose you want.

I was saying Helbrecht has the pose you want.

Well... okay... GW has a few. :P

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Why not just...build your own librarian?

Take a bunch of terminator bits, one of these heads looks like it would work just fine, and then whatever else you wanted to use to make him look like a beautiful snowflake.

I mean...if you don't like a particular line or any of the options for a specific model...just build one. The resources are there.

I mean...if you don't like a particular line or any of the options for a specific model...just build one. The resources are there.

What is this craziness, you're advocating hobbywork?

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    You can also make a psychic hood out of a spare marine shoulderpad with some notches cut into it. Slap some scrolls and purity seals from the tactical marine box all over him and OMGPSYKER.

This is what I found with a quick search. There's probably better tutorials with more pics that show how it looks painted.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    All GK torsos have psychic hoods.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Since I'm going to start getting back into painting, I was thinking about slowly gathering a Space Wolf 13th Company force.
    I'm thinking of building a terminator wolf lord guy of some kind (counts as Logan), and then go Wolf Guard troops, and I don't know what after that.
    I was just thinking that would capture their more experienced marines throughout the force, and I was inspired by From The Warp's article on grey scheme SWolves. I figured do something similarly grey, and either paint on or find a decent way to mold 13th Co shoulder pads.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    Look at that. 3 posts, and there's collected information for Valhalla130 to make the librarian of his dreams instead of being unhappy with his available, ready made, options!

PA 40k thread: To the rescue!

edited March 2012
    And I appreciate that. No need to be sarcastic.

EDIT: If you were not being sarcastic, and I misunderstood, then I apologize.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Helbrecht?

I really don't have him for various reasons but then I sure as hell not painting him gold

Brainleech wrote: »
    Helbrecht?

I really don't have him for various reasons but then I sure as hell not painting him gold

Huh? That comment had nothing to do with you.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I know but it's just annoying to see him painted gold in a sea of black and white
    He doesn't look that great as black so I am still debating about what to paint him as if I buy him

Is Shadowsun finecast yet? because I really want to buy her jsut to make it look like the tau commander out of Dawn of war

I always thought his rules were just patently bad. Some people love him and will praise how awesome he is, but for the points...I've never been impressed.

I always thought his rules were just patently bad. Some people love him and will praise how awesome he is, but for the points...I've never been impressed.

He's terrible for his points.

The model is BA though.

• daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    My only issue is removing the two tear drops I see, on the shoulder pad, and on the knee. The left shoulder pad (as you're looking at it) seems pretty easy. The knee pad is what I would worry about. I could remove the tear drop, but building the crux symbol back up with green stuff is something I've never attempted.

Or remove the teardrop and slap a purity seal on there to cover up the damage.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    @valhalla130, if you will consider a Librarian in power armour, there's always this guy.

sloth2.jpg

Pretty much the best Librarian ever.

I fucking love that librarian.

Loki, that's the one we've been talking about.

• SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    That helmet style is absolutely bad ass.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Nice pose.

"These are not the servitors you're looking for."

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    Dude is a boss. I want to get him and run him as the big mean Ultramarine librarian.

• ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2012
    I posted a BR in the Vassal thread, but Xposted here:
    ElderCat wrote: »
    Ok, Battle Report from Friday night, sorry it took me so long.
    So we rolled a random map and it was a 4x4 but we were both ok with it. We rolled pitched battle annihilation. I was Dark Angel Deathwing, he was Slannesh Chaos Marines.
    I take the last army I had saved in Vassal, which I think is kinds risky:
    1 Belial, Master of the Deathwing (HQ) @ 130 Pts
    #Terminator Armour; Twin Lightning Claws

5 Deathwing Terminator Squad (Troops) @ 270 Pts
    #Terminator Armour; Twin Lightning Claws (x4); Thunder
    Hammer (x1); Storm Shield (x1); Apothecary; Standard Bearer

5 Deathwing Terminator Squad (Troops) @ 235 Pts
    #Terminator Armour; Cyclone Missile Ln.; Twin Lightning Claws (x1);
    Power Fist (x4); Storm Bolter (x4)

1 Dreadnought (Elites) @ 145 Pts
    Front Armour: 12; Side Armour: 12; Rear Armour: 10; #Searchlight; #Smoke
    Launchers; Dread. CCW & Storm Bolter; TL Lascannon

1 Land Raider Crusader (Heavy Support) @ 250 Pts
    #Searchlight; #Smoke Launchers; #Power of the Machine Spirit; #Frag
    Assault Launchers; 2 Hurricane Bolters; Multi-Melta; TL Assault Cannon

Models in Army: 23
    Total Army Cost: 1500
    I won the roll and chose to deploy and go first. Here was the deployment:
    DA_Ch_1.jpg
    Suddenly he seizes initiative, I am now worried, if my LR gets immobilized or destroyed my Command Squad will have to walk across the board with absolutely no ranged weapons in them.

Turn 1: nothing happened, there was some maneuvering and a lot of whiffed shots. Most notable his left defiler failed to pen my LR after a direct hit. Oh, also his raptors plus Lord came in, scattered off the board, but only went back in reserve.

Turn 2: Orange managed to immobilize his right defiler, and made all its saves from the demolisher Battle Cannon in return. BOTH of us thought it was a demolisher cannon, but when he looked it up to tell me the stats it was AP3. Then there was an incredibly lucky shot from the machine spirit in the LR firing the assault cannon at the left defiler, rolled a 6 (rend made it a 7) to pen and then a 6 to explode. Followed by a LC shot from the Dread going through the new gap and wrecking his bottom rhino.

Turn 3:
    He got both his reserves in and his outflank was luckily the side he wanted it to come in on. While he was moving I remember to take a pic:
    DA_Ch_3.jpg
    His chosen target my Dread instead of my LR and Annihilates it with 4 pens. His raptors fail to connect with their meltas.

My turn taken after I moved a couple units:
    DA_Ch_3a.jpg
    I decide to use my Command Squad to take out his chosen first since I am scared of 4 meltas and White moves to assist. My Command Squad can't all deploy outside of my dread crater because I am too close to his chosen, so I deploy them 1 inch away and then force the ones into cover that have to, remember this later. Then my LR moves 1 inch and fires mmelta plus bolters plus MS firing the asscan into his raptors getting 2 rends and two failed armor saves from the other 9 shots. My assault: Command Squad rolls snake eyes so my TH/SS doesn't get to participate. Doesn't matter, even though his chosen go before my terminators they whiff their power weapon, and all other wounds get saved. White handily wrecks the rhino. I start to feel really bad for him, and joke that he used up all his luck seizing initiative.

Turn 4:
    DA_Ch_4.jpg
    Everything of his moves to engage my LR and Command Squad, meltashot manages to destroy the asscan. His other squad gets out and 3 of his guys shoot at my Command Squad, but I save all of them. His assault: He immobilizes the LR. In my turn the LR mmelta gets one more raptor. My Command Squad roll a 1,2 for DT, and a 3,4 to assault. (it failed) He still has a chance to shoot me off the board.

Turn 5:
    DA_Ch_5.jpg
    He moves his rhino out of the way, (unfortunately closer to White and Blue) so that his squad has a clear shot at my Command Squad. That rhino fires its combi-bolter (for the first time ever) and does 2 wounds, that I save. His last raptor with a melta wrecks the LR, things are looking up. His other squad opens up with 30 shots on my Command Squad ... and only does 6 wounds. :shock: I save all of them.

My turn:
    My Command squad rolls decent for DT, and Blue moves to assault the rhino. My shooting: After trading whiffs all game Orange manages to explode the right defiler. Assault: BLue explodes the rhino, and I make all the saves from it. My Command squad assaults through cover, last chance for him to inflict some damage: He misses with his power weapon and I save the rest, then annihilate him. I do the math, and the killpoints are 7-2. He would have to table me without losing another unit to even tie. We call it. Final pic:
    DA_Ch_5a.jpg

3 hours total, with a 20 minute break in the middle.
    I think his list was fine. I think I just got kinda lucky with both his defilers not being able to assault me, and all his power weapons missing, ugh. As far as tactics, I think maybe he should have landed the raptors and chosen in my backfield or used the rhino to screen from my command squad, and concentrate on white, blue, and orange. That is about the only thing I would suggest different though.

ElderCat on
    DO3O00C.png
    Loki, that's the one we've been talking about.

I noticed after I posted it. But hey, it's a chance to post a picture of Loth. He's badass.

This discussion has been closed.