As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition] Triple Skulls is where it's at!

• Options
    DudemanXDudemanX Riverhead, NYRegistered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    When is this supposed to be starting? I don't want to be holding things up thinking about my team.

The more you over think this and second guess yourself the more it's going to hurt when your best player dies and you get owned.

Steam: DudemanX3
    Discord: Dudeman#9279 - Battle.net: Dudeman#1385
    Twitch: CrashTestJonny - XBox: CrshTstJonny
    Nintendo Switch: SW-4469-1892-0302
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    RAHHHHHHHHHH

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    Blood bowl thread... I have determined that Drake must fear me, for the cowardly Dastard refuses to face me on the field of BATTLE! (Pay no mind to protestations of "real life" and other such foo-fer-all).

We are still working towards a resolution on the field, where-upon my team can get its ass kicked.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Applied for the new regular league with my new team the Super Classy Gentlemen

Foomy on
    Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I forgot to post about the extended league yesterday, so I will be advancing the week when I get home today. Play em if you got em.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Information for the new players without pretty formatting.

Agility Table(easy way to remember thanks to someone here telling me this: 7 -agility +/- modifiers)
    Player's Agility
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    D6 Roll Required
    6+ 5+ 4+ 3+ 2+ 1+

Catching Modifiers:
    Catching an accurate pass: +1
    Catching a scattered pass, bouncing ball or throw-in: +0
    Per enemy tackle zone on the player catching the ball: -1

Dodging Modifiers:
    Making a Dodge roll: +1
    Per enemy tackle zone on the square that the player is dodging to: -1
    Landing Modifiers:
    Attempting to land after an accurate throw: +0
    Attempting to land after a scattered throw: -1
    Per enemy tackle zone on the square the player is thrown to: -1

Passing Modifiers:
    Throwing a Quick Pass: +1
    Throwing a Short Pass: +0
    Throwing a Long Pass: -1
    Throwing a Long Bomb: -2
    Per enemy tackle zone on the player throwing the ball: -1

Interception Modifiers:
    Attempting an interception: -2
    Per enemy tackle zone on the player intercepting the ball: -1

Pick Up Modifiers:
    Picking up the ball: +1
    Per enemy tackle zone on the player picking up the ball: -1

Blocking
    Player's Strengths Roll:
    Both players equal strength One block dice
    One player stronger Two block dice*
    One player more than twice as strong Three block dice*
    *The coach of the stronger player picks which block dice is used.

Skull - Attacker Down: The attacking player is knocked down
    Skull/Spark- Both Down: Both players are knocked down, unless one or both of the players involved has the Block skill. If one player has the Block skill then he is not knocked over by the result, though his opponent will still go down. If both the players have the Block skill then neither player is knocked down.
    Arrow - Push Back: The defending player is pushed back one square. The attacking player may follow up the defender.
    Spark - Defender Down: The defending player is pushed back and knocked down in the square they are moved to. The attacking player may follow up the defender.
    Spark/Exclamation - Defender maybe Down: The defender is pushed back and knocked over unless they have the Dodge skill. If they do have the Dodge skill then they are only pushed back. The attacking player may follow up the defender.

A pretty PDF with a nice Agility section for people to print out if they want.

http://fabbl.net/files/Quick_Sheet_LRB6.pdf

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    so As I'm posting some information I realize I don't fully understand another basic concept.

When is someone considered "Assisting" you for Blocking and when are they Not? Same as when is a defender helping another defender?

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    so As I'm posting some information I realize I don't fully understand another basic concept.

When is someone considered "Assisting" you for Blocking and when are they Not? Same as when is a defender helping another defender?

Yep. They have to have the opposing piece in their tackle zone, and not be in the tackle zone of another opposing piece.

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »

Yep. They have to have the opposing piece in their tackle zone, and not be in the tackle zone of another opposing piece.

Just read this and it helped me quite a bit.
    http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1310006_BB_Art_of_Blocking.pdf

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Slaaneshi Spleen-Smashers are applied.

Uncle Touchy and Slashliver Sandusky are ready for some Blood Bowl!

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Regular League:

1-Banzai5150: Orcs
    2-Zombie Hero: Pro Elves
    3-Lord Palington: Norse
    4-KafkaAU: Goblins
    5-BlitzAce1981: High Elves
    6-ElvenShae: Wood Elves
    7-Kafka87: Necromantic
    8-Draeven: Vampire
    9-Drake: Dwarf
    10-Custom Special: Humans
    11-TheInspector: Lizardmen
    12-VeeVee: Norse
    13-Stopgap: Dark Elves
    14-moleface: Skaven
    15-Gnizmo: Necromantic
    16-DocShifty: Amazon
    17-Gabriel Pitt: Ogre
    18-Drome: High Elves
    19-Foomy: Ogre
    20-DudemanX: Skaven
    21-Extreaminatus: Chaos
    22-papercuts6: Dark Elves
    23-TheLawinator: Chaos
    24-TNTrooper: Goblins
    25-ebotastic: Khemri
    26-Rami: At Bat
    27-Moridin889: Nurgle
    28-Tiger Burning: Undead

So far we have 20 of the 28 people applied and accepted. I need urm... Ksomeone? to get in touch with me if you do In fact want to take ZH's spot in the League.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Regular League:

Fill in the Blanks Please

[PA]Draeven - @Draeven -
    [PA]Drake - @Drake - Drake
    Banzai5150 - @Banzai5150 - Banzai5150
    BlitzAce1981 - @BlitzAce1981 -
    Custom Special - @Custom Special - F4ll0ut
    Docshifty - @Docshifty - Docshifty
    Drome
    Dudeman - @DudemanX - Dudeman
    ebotastic
    Elvenshae - @Elvenshae - Elvenshae
    Extreaminatus
    Fooms - @Foomy - foomy.fooms
    Gabriel Pitt - @Gabriel_Pitt - Null_Cypher
    Gnizmo - @Gnizmo - Gnizmo
    Kafka87
    KafkaAU - @KafkaAU - Kafka
    moleface - @moleface - moleface
    Moridin889
    Palington - @Lord Palington - Lord Palington
    Stopgap
    TheInspector
    TheLawinator - @TheLawinator - TheLawinator
    Tiger Burning
    TNTrooper
    Veevee - @Veevee - Veevee
    WSDX - @Rami - WSDX
    Zombie Hero(May be swapped out for another)

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Kharnastus wrote: »
    I am annoyed no one else has signed up yet. Damn you even numbers.

It turns out my apartment's internet won't be hooked up for another week and a half, so you can take my spot.

Any word on if Kharnastus is taking over for ZH?

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Kafka87Kafka87 Registered User regular
    Steam name is kafkanhound (or kafka87, both seem to work). Coach account is Kafkanhound. I assume that is the blanks you want filling?

Could I wangle an invite to the steam BB group?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Kafka87 wrote: »
    Steam name is kafkanhound (or kafka87, both seem to work). Coach account is Kafkanhound. I assume that is the blanks you want filling?

Could I wangle an invite to the steam BB group?

Yes, that's what I needed as I was being lazy and not going back through posts to figure things out. Though I did copy/paste information that I already had so I'm not THAT lazy, right?

Invite sent.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    I am gonna run Orcs by the way, I'm just waiting to think of a cool team name. But if you're ready to get started let me know and I'll just make up any old rubbish.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    I am gonna run Orcs by the way, I'm just waiting to think of a cool team name. But if you're ready to get started let me know and I'll just make up any old rubbish.

Da Orkz Team wiv a Rubbish Name?

• Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    Da Uvver Orc Team ?

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Steam name is Extreaminatus, as is my coach name.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    If you can't get a hold of kharn in reasonable time, I already made an elves team. I would just have to get someone to log on for me and apply with them. Then I would most likely forfeit game one. Better than stalling the league further if we can't get k, though.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    I'm out of town through tomorrow, so I'll apply to the league then.

• Options
    Steam name is Extreaminatus, as is my coach name.

updated, thanks.
    If you can't get a hold of kharn in reasonable time, I already made an elves team. I would just have to get someone to log on for me and apply with them. Then I would most likely forfeit game one. Better than stalling the league further if we can't get k, though.

No worries, something will sort out...
    I'm out of town through tomorrow, so I'll apply to the league then.

No worries, we're waiting anyway.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    KharnastusKharnastus Registered User regular
    I am still totally game for some blood bowl tournaments to be clear :)

• Options

ok then, you are taking ZH's place, IF you can agree , in front of all of us, that You will play one match every 7 days and do your best to make it happen with varying schedules.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    so I am not sure how to do the thing you want me to banzai, but I am Stopgap in the game, and my profile is @Stopgap

stopgap on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    stopgap wrote: »
    so I am not sure how to do the thing you want me to banzai, but I am Stopgap in the game, and my profile is @Stopgap

Got you, that's all I need.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012

Some one is assisting for blocking and defending when they have a tackle zone on the player that is being blocked/player that is blocking, and someone apart from those 2 players (i.e. the blocker and blockee) doesn't have a tackle zone on them.

. O
    .X Y

X player blocks O, gets 1 assist from Y

. OP
    .X Y

X player blocks O, doesn't get 1 assist from Y because Y is in P's tackle zone, However, if Y blocked O, he would get an assist from X; in this case O would also get an assist from P, cancling out the first assist.

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    KafkaAU wrote: »

Some one is assisting for blocking and defending when they have a tackle zone on the player that is being blocked/player that is blocking, and someone apart from those 2 players (i.e. the blocker and blockee) doesn't have a tackle zone on them.

. O
    .X Y

X player blocks O, gets 1 assist from Y

. OP
    .X Y

X player blocks O, doesn't get 1 assist from Y because Y is in P's tackle zone, However, if Y blocked O, he would get an assist from X; in this case O would also get an assist from P, cancling out the first assist.

Yeah I think I finally got it figured out and it explains a few times I wondered why when I moved 2 men on one guy why I was still 1 die blocking him. Positioning is so key in this game, and I really wish I knew someone near me that played it on tabletop because I think I'd learn strategies and what not a lot better that way.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    KharnastusKharnastus Registered User regular

ok then, you are taking ZH's place, IF you can agree , in front of all of us, that You will play one match every 7 days and do your best to make it happen with varying schedules.

I swear to the gods of blood bowl and everything holy that I will abide by the rules of the glorious game.

• Options
    edited March 2012

I swear to the gods of blood bowl and everything holy that I will abide by the rules of the glorious game.

@Kharnastus, scroll back to when people were picking races, Pick a race that doesn't have 2 already, create a team and apply for the League.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Sorry guys, I'm gonna have to quit the speed league because now I have an ogre with agi 3 and another with block. It wouldn't be fair to SUBJECT YOU GUYS TO THE DESTRUCTION!

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Looks like I have a few more ogres to kill

• Options
    Straight up I'm going to murder your whole team. I don't care about winning our next match, I care about killing all of your players. You won't get all those lucky disadvantaged blocks next time.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Steam name, Bloodbowl name, all the names, are all the same.

• Options
    BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    Steam name's the same as all the others.

Also, just had a major setback; I may be without an internet connection for a week or so because of some moronic cockup by the ISP I'm switching to, and the fact that they haven't sent the router, one day before the switchover. FML and all that. Think I'll be making use of my offline punching bag team a hell of a lot in the next week, since I need to punch some throats right now.

PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    TheInspectorTheInspector Registered User regular
    In Blood Bowl they call me... TheInspector

xbox360/WiiU: AnEvilHypnotist
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Did the Expansion/Extended League advance this weekend? You guys post too fast for me to keep up and I'm afraid if I read all the posts I'll want to skip doing work and play some BB.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Bigity wrote: »
    Did the Expansion/Extended League advance this weekend? You guys post too fast for me to keep up and I'm afraid if I read all the posts I'll want to skip doing work and play some BB.

Dangit! I'm the worst substitute commissioner...nobody tell ZH I'm doing so bad.
    I promise I'll advance when I get home from work! And I'll post the new matchups! UUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHH...

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    It's not big deal, I just didn't want to miss the announcement :D

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Da Lead Bellied Bashers have applied for the league and are good to go!