As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40,000] Tales of the Neckbeard and Adventures in Crazyland, 1000 FLGS stories.

• TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Loki, that's the one we've been talking about.

I noticed after I posted it. But hey, it's a chance to post a picture of Loth. He's badass.

This is true. Fantastic model. Buddy of mine is using him for a lash sorcerer after some converting.

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I downloaded Vassal and the 40k module today. I could be pretty down in the future.

[WH40,000] Grim and dark come to you, and to you your Vassal too.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    I'm off tomorrow night, I've got two games schedule right now, one for the AM and one for late PM. I'll post in the vassal thread if I end up looking for another game.

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    @valhalla130, if you will consider a Librarian in power armour, there's always this guy.

sloth2.jpg

Pretty much the best Librarian ever.

I completely agree. I was not even aware of him until it was mentioned this morning, but that is one of the best models I've ever seen. If I were to use a librarian ever again, I would probably buy that one. As it stands, after my two games today, i just don't understand how to use them. Right now, I am probably going to go with my first instinct and get that chaplain in termie armor and use it instead to lead my terminators.

I played two games today, and lost both. I was pretty much tabled in the second game. No worries, I'm learning and it was fun. Heck, the first game was probably my best game of 40k ever. I blew up one land raider and two storm ravens by turn three. He only had one land raider left and that only had one lascannon left. I lost because of objectivers, once again. But that shouldn't be as bad an issue when I get my new army together. Right now I'm just running what I have modeled and painted to get a feel for the game and how individual units work.

It seems to me that tac squads are nothing but a point sink. To take them at full strength to get that missile launcher and plasma gun, anyway. The dreadnought with assault cannon and dread CCW seems to be the same way. I'm rethinking including those units in my ultimate list, based on my experience, of only 5 games, of course. :)

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I'm off tomorrow night, I've got two games schedule right now, one for the AM and one for late PM. I'll post in the vassal thread if I end up looking for another game.

Am I one of the people you have scheduled?

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg

Nope. But we can figure something out.

Nope. But we can figure something out.

Actually, that's okay. I was planning on it based on our conversation the other day, but I think I would be lost with Vassal. Maybe after I play around with it some more. Right now I'm getting real games in. I may even get to play again tomorrow.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    The only downside to Sevrin Loth is you need to buy his entire (£37.00) honour guard with him. While Loth himself is nicely free of any Red Scorpions insignia (really - there's none, which is nice for anyone wanting to use him), his honour guard bits have a lot of Red Scorpions insignia. Most of the helmets, shoulder pads, torsoes and the banner have them. That's a lot for one model and a bunch of bits that need heavy conversion to fit in with another chapter.

Actually, that's okay. I was planning on it based on our conversation the other day, but I think I would be lost with Vassal. Maybe after I play around with it some more. Right now I'm getting real games in. I may even get to play again tomorrow.

We'll play it by ear then bud, no worries.
    The only downside to Sevrin Loth is you need to buy his entire (£37.00) honour guard with him. While Loth himself is nicely free of any Red Scorpions insignia (really - there's none, which is nice for anyone wanting to use him), his honour guard bits have a lot of Red Scorpions insignia. Most of the helmets, shoulder pads, torsoes and the banner have them. That's a lot for one model and a bunch of bits that need heavy conversion to fit in with another chapter.

It's pretty easy to file off or fill in the insignias on most of the stuff.

• karlthepagankarlthepagan Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Tournament :
    80/90 battle score. Minimum paint score. Didn't medal because of painting.

1st two massacres were vs chaos. Last win was vs nids. I'm feeling really good about most of my decisions.

Bought a mini easel and flock.

• saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular

I believe that the set comes with Mr. Librarian, the command squad sprues, and a scorpion upgrade sprue. So all the scorpion iconography is serperate.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    saluksic wrote: »

I believe that the set comes with Mr. Librarian, the command squad sprues, and a scorpion upgrade sprue. So all the scorpion iconography is serperate.

It's actually Loth, the command squad sprues and a bunch of honour guard peices. My point was that the additional resin peices have a lot of Red Scorpion iconography. I realise they're on resin upgrade peices for the command sprue and separate.

-Loki- on
    Tournament :
    80/90 battle score. Minimum paint score. Didn't medal because of painting.

1st two massacres were vs chaos. Last win was vs nids. I'm feeling really good about most of my decisions.

Bought a mini easel and flock.

Used the list on the last page?

I'm surprised you were able to beat Nids. Congrats!

Nope, here's the list:
    1250 GK
    Coteaz (w/DCAs)
    Vindicare assassin
    E: 2x purifiers in a rhino, 2 psycannons, 2 halberds, 1 MC hammer (can't touch dis)
    T: 2x 6 acolytes in a psyback
    T: 5 DCAs, crusader, 4 meltabomb acolytes in a...
    Stormraven MM/AC
    super flamethrower dread

Worst decision: not taking Sormraven flat out turn 1 vs nids and disembarking it instead.

• NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    Altmann and I played 3 games today.... He barely won the first. I barely won the second. Third game came down to one moment, where I spent an entire turn firing my entire army into some Thunderwolves. Got him to a leadership test. Weaken Resolve goes off. The Thunderwolves will run off and I will have my clear opening to push in and rout his forces. He fails his leadership test. Thunderwolf Lord has Saga of the Majesty. Rerolls. Snake eyes. Thunderwolves stay and cut the throat out of my army. Almost salvaged a draw at the end with a run roll, but I needed a 6 and only got a 4. 2 objectives to 1.

Only good point of that game was finally killing his Thunderwolf Lord with my Company Command Squad. Fucking dick.

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
    OMG YOU GUYS

Battlescribe's new UI on android is the BEST EVAR!!!!!

Yeah, I messed with it a little bit today between our first two games to make a change to my list. So much better

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    I still cannot believe I actually rolled snake eyes on my LD test when it's the only possible result could have saved me.

I hate your psyker battle squad
    BTW.

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
    edited March 2012
    I managed to do that once today too. Only thing I could roll to make my save. The other player looked like he wanted to throw the table. In the end, he still won that assault next turn.

I'm looking on eBay for various things to keep my army cost down, and I just happened to look up the 25th Anniversary model. Wow. I may hold on to this for a while. I don't plan on building him right away as I have no need for a foot captain with what I'm planning, and he's gone up about $20 since last week or the week before when I bought him. Who knows, maybe he could pay for the rest of the army one day.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    Don't count on it rising too much. Harry the Hammer hasn't even doubled in price yet.

• altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    I just want the Gamesday model from this year. I want it more than any other model out there right now.

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
    The Blood Angel one?

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    BA 2nd Edition cover model ftw

The Blood Angels model is amazing. I'll be grabbing a GD ticket just for the model. It's better nostalgia trip than the 25th anniversary model, since it stays truer to the artwork.

• mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    OMG YOU GUYS

Battlescribe's new UI on android is the BEST EVAR!!!!!

It's a lot cleaner, but there's oodles of new bugs :(

• TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    So after looking into my options a bit more I think I may go with Eldar for my first army(technically 3rd but the other ones barely made it out of the box.).

The more I look at Eldar models the more I like them. My friend tells me they have some turds in their book currently but that's not that big a deal since I am ok with having best tools to use for jobs in some roles.

steam_sig.png
  • AsherAsher Registered User regular
    As long as you aren't heart set on taking lots of Swooping Hawks you should be fine. Most of the units in the Eldar book are viable, you just need to master their use.

Except Swooping Hawks. Those guys suck.

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
    My friend used Swooping Hawks against my Tyranids. They killed 6 Termagants, lost all but their Exarch, and he spent the rest of the game hiding.

• Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Hawks are indeed awful. In 2nd edition, the grenades they dropped in addition to having the Flying High rule, meant they'd normally get to where they wanted to, kill some stuff, before dying the next turn.

3rd edition you took the squad just to get the Exarch, who could just straight up murder a squad on his own.

4th edition they changed the Exarch to be more inline with the rest of his squad, i.e. he went from being awesome in close combat, to being about as useless as the rest of his mates.

The guns either need to be more powerful (i.e. not St3), or they need to have a better defensive ability.

Other things to change would be a reduction in the point cost of alot of things, the disadvantage of the Warpspider 2nd jump isn't needed anymore, shruiken catapults to not be poor, a shift (or option with an HQ choice) towards Swordwind armies, Wraithsight to be got rid of, Autarch's to be better, and a bunch of other stuff.

PSN Fleety2009
    edited March 2012
    Shuriken Catapaults need to go 18", while Avenger Catapults go 24". All of the other suggestions go on the too powerful side (I love it when people recommend they go rending). Warpspiders need to just become jetpack infantry for movement. Swordwind armies are possible already through Dire Avengers being a troops choice. It still makes sense for a Swordwind army to have a lot of Dire Avengers, being the most numerous aspect.

-Loki- on
    Dire Avengers are pretty good as is. 18" doesn't seem that far, but when it's an assault weapon it gives you a fair amount of reach. I could see Guardian Catapaults go to 24" Rapid fire though. Just to make them actually useful at range.
    I disagree about making warp spiders Jetpacks though. I think their rules are fine as is. Sure, them being cheaper, or losing the chance to die would be nice, but making them jetpacks would slow them down way too much.

The ability to take other aspects as troops would be nice, or just have the other aspects be scoring somehow.

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    A lot of the things Eldar need will depend on how 6th edition turns out.
    99% sure we'll see Falcons as dedicated transports and Warwalkers and Night Spinners in Fast though.

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    Awesome. 10 Termagants done. Once all 12 get hit with dullcote, I can move on to finishing my Gargoyles.

• Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular

Asher wrote: »
    Dire Avengers are pretty good as is. 18" doesn't seem that far, but when it's an assault weapon it gives you a fair amount of reach. I could see Guardian Catapaults go to 24" Rapid fire though. Just to make them actually useful at range.
    I disagree about making warp spiders Jetpacks though. I think their rules are fine as is. Sure, them being cheaper, or losing the chance to die would be nice, but making them jetpacks would slow them down way too much.

The ability to take other aspects as troops would be nice, or just have the other aspects be scoring somehow.

The 2nd jump is a nice enough rule, and it being random really should be the only risk involved; maybe give the Exarch a skill to add an extra dice, and then pick 2 from the 3 rolled?

Currently it's a 1 in 6 chance to die; I expect those kinds of odds with Ork tech. It just seems to be a rule left over from 2nd edition (in which Spiders were amazing) more than anything else. I know you generally can't equate fluff with rules, but I can't believe you'd get many Warpspiders at all, if their jump packs were so unreliable.

PSN Fleety2009
  • AbesolutZEROAbesolutZERO HERESY! WHERE!? Registered User regular
    Dayspring wrote: »
    A lot of the things Eldar need will depend on how 6th edition turns out.
    99% sure we'll see Falcons as dedicated transports and Warwalkers and Night Spinners in Fast though.

Falcons are already Dedicated Transports for Corsairs in Imperial Armour 11. Maybe it's a sign of things to come!

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    I hope so! the corsairs sound like a fun list

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    The Corsairs list looks super fun really. Also, Warp Spiders should get Heavy flamers that roll to wound vs I.

Wound vs natural I would be a big FU to purifiers.... I like it!

edited March 2012
    So, vassal game today, my stupid buddy forgot his list and brought...

3x5 thunderwolf cav
    6x5 grey hunters w/ flamer
    1x Thunderwolf lord

lolol

HERE WE GO.
    turn1sp.jpg
    turn2mp.jpg
    turn3mp.jpg
    turn3bmp.jpg
    turn4mp.jpg
    turn4endj.jpg

Pretty hilarious game. I had some terrible rolling with Genestealers, he rolled some hilarious bad armor saves. Terrible game. For him. Hah!

TraceofToxin on
  • SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    You gotta actually link those images, remember. We're not in the desert.

This discussion has been closed.