As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pre-Pax Bar Crawl] Pokecrawl Episode 3: A Brand New World!

• ArighArigh Registered User regular
    I choose you !Cyndaquil group Silver

• PinkysAvengerPinkysAvenger Registered User regular
    Atlus, I know you're busy, but any idea of the area we're gonna be this year? faneuil hall area again, back bay like the first one, or a new area?

• SingolloSingollo Registered User regular
    Atlus, I know you're busy, but any idea of the area we're gonna be this year? faneuil hall area again, back bay like the first one, or a new area?

From what i gather it will be in the same area but exact details will be released later

• Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    Rosters are updated. Team Red Silver has 2 spots open before it closes.
    Singollo wrote: »

From what i gather it will be in the same area but exact details will be released later

Same area. Still waiting on ArsonBro to get me the routes.

• ZarienZarien Registered User regular
    Alright guys, sign ups are now open again now that I've sifted through everyone who signed up in a 60 second span.

Team Blue Gold & Silver are currently both closed due to an imbalance between the groups and being nearly at 100 members.

That's because these people don't know how awesome the Prof on Team Totodile GOLD is. Just saying, last year Squirtle Group B was the best group of them all. We shall return in Totodile Glory, but with SQUIRTLE SPIRIT.

• FruhmannFruhmann Registered User regular
    so if totodile is closed should i chose another team?

• eldudeerinoeldudeerino Registered User new member
    Can me and my +1 be switched to Chikorita gold please?

Zarien wrote: »
    Alright guys, sign ups are now open again now that I've sifted through everyone who signed up in a 60 second span.

Team Blue Gold & Silver are currently both closed due to an imbalance between the groups and being nearly at 100 members.

That's because these people don't know how awesome the Prof on Team Totodile GOLD is. Just saying, last year Squirtle Group B was the best group of them all. We shall return in Totodile Glory, but with SQUIRTLE SPIRIT.

I am sure the same could be said about all the prof

Fruhmann wrote: »

If you want to be guaranteed a spot then yes. Some people are moving from Blue but it may not reopen have some people that need to be added due to an earlier screwup.

• KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    !Mareep + 1 Gold I choose you!

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    Zarien wrote: »

I am sure the same could be said about all the prof

All three of us? ;) jk

• ArighArigh Registered User regular
    Atlus, can I change myself to a +1? !Cyndaquil silver +1

Fruhmann wrote: »

If you want to be guaranteed a spot then yes. Some people are moving from Blue but it may not reopen have some people that need to be added due to an earlier screwup.

oh... damn. if blue is a bust for me, then

mareep, team yellow, gold. +1

please?

but if you can swing me on blue, that'd be great. i'm all water.

• AurorBKAurorBK Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Damn Singollo, your heralded return as professor caused signup insanity. Fader, others, and I promise not to be too embarrassingly drunk at the end of the night...again.

Fortunately for you I was too drunk to remember if I had won a prize that needed claiming.

AurorBK on
    Team Red Silver is now closed.

AurorBK wrote: »
    Damn Singollo, your heralded return as professor caused signup insanity. Fader, others, and I promise not to be too embarrassingly drunk at the end of the night...again.

Of course it was are ploy all along JK no I think it had more to do with peeps were waiting to see what team i was in charge of. (I know allot of pop comes from peasent dave too)

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    poor atlusbro. Good job keeping up though. I'm impressed.

• EgillEgill Registered User new member
    !Mareep Gold I chose you!

• cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Orrrrrrrr nevermind nothing to see here

cabsy on
  • b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    AtlusParker:
    Another for !Cyndaquil Gold, good sir.

• SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    !Cyndaquil Gold pls

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
    edited March 2012
    Kiashien wrote: »
    May I make a suggestion? Google docs forms are awesome... might want to make one... just an idea.

I know you're trying to be helpful, but a google form would be far worse. You can't set up google forms to keep track of things like a max number per group, and closing out groups, and keeping them even. You'd end up with even worse chaos because 150 people could sign up for a group without knowing ANY information about its status other than a summary of replies *after* submitting the form.

Is there maybe a better way to do this than the forum that is less hectic? yes. However, there are two requirements.
    1) whatever solution has to be able to balance the teams while still allowing people to have some semblance of choice.
    2) it has to be gated by this forum, since part of the point of the crawl is to get forumers to meet each other (so a link that can be passed off-site is a no-no). Hence why this is still the system.

It's evolved, and improved, but to keep those two things both humming along together a forum thread is what works.

zerzhul on
    zerzhul wrote: »
    May I make a suggestion? Google docs forms are awesome... might want to make one... just an idea.

I know you're trying to be helpful, but a google form would be far worse. You can't set up google forms to keep track of things like a max number per group, and closing out groups, and keeping them even. You'd end up with even worse chaos because 150 people could sign up for a group without knowing ANY information about its status other than a summary of replies *after* submitting the form.

Is there maybe a better way to do this than the forum that is less hectic? yes. However, there are two requirements.
    1) whatever solution has to be able to balance the teams while still allowing people to have some semblance of choice.
    2) it has to be gated by this forum, since part of the point of the crawl is to get forumers to meet each other (so a link that can be passed off-site is a no-no). Hence why this is still the system.

It's evolved, and improved, but to keep those two things both humming along together a forum thread is what works.

Hmm. Good points.

My software engineer instincts are tingling.. Must not try to engineer a solution... will hurt brain....

Really, except for #2... I probably could hack something together to simplify things... but forum-gating is hard. :( Hmm.

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    !Cyndaquil Gold +1 (Emod)

Because it is best team.

Liver donations accepted.

zerzhul wrote: »

Hmm. Good points.

My software engineer instincts are tingling.. Must not try to engineer a solution... will hurt brain....

Really, except for #2... I probably could hack something together to simplify things... but forum-gating is hard. :( Hmm.

Right, there have been many offers over the years to have someone write up a simple software solution, and I'm sure many folks could do so, but #2 is the part that can't really be worked around very easily. The only way would be to have a way to SSO using the PA signin to force you to have a forum account, but even then someone could game the system. This way, people are forced to come to the boards and at least declare themselves "I AM HERE AND WANT TO BE PART OF THIS FUN COMMUNITY" :)

• tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    1 for Cyndaquil Gold please!

• arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular

Routes should be final this week - Just need to swing by the bars and give them the ol' warning notice. I'm rotating around some of the bars and swapping out a few of the crappy ones for new ones. Same area, it's the best option with PAX being at BCEC.

I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    I'm going to do something crazy and actually give up my spot on Blue Silver so I can hit up the Rock Band party. Have fun without me folks.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
    whypick1 wrote: »
    I'm going to do something crazy and actually give up my spot on Blue Silver so I can hit up the Rock Band party. Have fun without me folks.

Oh. Can I have that, please?

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Yea, my Chikorita Silver from above is me moving from Chikorita Gold to Chikorita Silver. Just an FYI.
    arsonisfun wrote: »

Routes should be final this week - Just need to swing by the bars and give them the ol' warning notice. I'm rotating around some of the bars and swapping out a few of the crappy ones for new ones. Same area, it's the best option with PAX being at BCEC.

Can't wait.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    arsonisfun wrote: »

If you need any suggestions, let me know. I know the Bell was super excited to have us and to have us back.

• marmaduketwistmarmaduketwist London, UKRegistered User regular
    !Cyndaquil Gold for me please.

• anewgenreitselfanewgenreitself Registered User new member
    If there are any teams still open, I'd like to add myself and +1. Team Green/Silver if there's more than one group open.

• MASeffectMASeffect Registered User regular
    I choose you !Cyndaquil Gold!!! :D

lloyehipr7341342326762.png
  • sphynx630sphynx630 Boston, Massachusetts Registered User regular
    I live in Boston and I'm willing to try out the routes. :)

• CloudwalkerCloudwalker Registered User regular
    I choose you, !Chikorita Silver +1!

Glad the teams didn't fill up completely while I was sleeping :)

Token Scottish guy.

Google+ | Twitter
    sphynx630 wrote: »
    I live in Boston and I'm willing to try out the routes. :)

i'm totally willing to dry run this too.

wait, never mind that dry part.

I choose you, !Chikorita Silver +1!

Glad the teams didn't fill up completely while I was sleeping :)
    our team gets a scottish guy? we're cooler already!

• University OgreUniversity Ogre Registered User regular
    !Chicorita Silver + 1, if you will. My friends and I tagged along from the Hard Rock Cafe last year and we are psyched to actually participate.

That + 1 business is for adding another person who will be doing the Pokecrawl proper, right? I assume hanger-on and feudal retainers are free to hang and/or retain.