As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Game Deals Thread

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Need to get on that Redbox deal and knock $2 off my price this weekend, and I should be able to finish The Darkness 2 at a total cost of like $4 or $6

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Tales of Graces f is on sale on Newegg for $48 today only. They emailed me this code, I assume it's the same for everyone : EMCYTZT1244

I've been considering the game for a while, but wasn't going to pay full price. This was very nice.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Ain't no Redboxes in my area, sadly.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    Yeah I can't imagine Redboxing Skyrim.

First, you're just saying that you'll check it out for a day or two.

Then you're selling your ass behind the Olive Garden for your new Redbox overlord.

• Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Local Wal-Mart had all standard versions of Skyrim for $40. Might be worth a trip if you're desperate. PC version is obviously Steamworks.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Xbox Live Starter Pack is on Buy.com for $50, on sale from the usual $75.

http://www.buy.com/prod/xbox-360-live-12-month-gold-messenger-starter-pack-includes-1-year/218861061.html

What is the Starter Pack, you ask? Well, it's a year of Xbox Live AND a headset AND a chatpad for the controller (makes inputting messages much faster) AND 400 Live points. All for $10 less than the usual price for just Live.

You know what to do.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular

Then you're selling your ass behind the Olive Garden for your new Redbox overlord.

Played about five hours on Monday, maybe I'll rent it again before the deal's over, but I've seen what I needed to see of the game.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    The Redbox deal ended last night (Thursday). It was a "WEEKDAYS ARE AWESOME" promotion I guess.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

Played about five hours on Monday, maybe I'll rent it again before the deal's over, but I've seen what I needed to see of the game.

I love Skyrim, but if exploring new places isn't your bag and you got to fight at least one dragon, there's not much else that will change your mind.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    I can tell this is going to get overlooked in the Steam thread, but Sonic Generations is $10 on Amazon's download service. Key registers to Steam.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Toys R US is having a deal this week, Buy one Get one on all 3DS/DS games and a 25 dollar giftcard if you buy a new 3DS.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    That aint bad at all, its almost "buy a 3DS and get 2 games free" if you make 2 separate transactions. 3DS games are MSRP 29.99 right?

edit: Never mind, it's Buy One Get One 50% Off all 3DS/DS/Vita games. Still not that bad but I was more tempted before.

Allforce on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Buy one get one free would be crazy. TRU usually alternates buy 1 get 1 50% off, and buy 2 get 1 free.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I am a little annoyed with Amazon about the Darkness 2. They had the download version in the thirty dollar range and, soon after I bought it, they dropped the PC CD version to $28. Argh.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    Hit up their support chat service, they might refund you the difference. I've had them do that before on items I purchased.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Gamersgate appears to be having a pretty good sale on space related games. More popping up so probably worth checking out in a couple hour for the full list.

• Options
    pslong9pslong9 Registered User regular
    Crush3D for 3DS is available for $20 at Gamestop compared to $35 at Amazon or Best Buy.

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/crush-3d-gamestop-exclusive/91031

steam_sig.png

3DS FC: 0817-3759-2788
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Already mentioned, but reiterating Toys R Us' "Buy 1, Get 1 50% off" sale this week on 3DS, DS, and Vita software.

Thinking I might use this excuse to pick up Metal Gear Solid 3D as I'm not a fan of paying retail, and I don't see it dropping from that anytime soon.

Edit: Dunno what my second title will be...gonna have to see what their selection is.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Xbox controllers, 29.99 free super saver shipping. Stock up now so you have enough to play Fable Party properly with your friends!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ZSP0WW/?t=slicinc-20&tag=slicinc-20

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Gamersgate appears to be having a pretty good sale on space related games. More popping up so probably worth checking out in a couple hour for the full list.

Also, Majesty 2 is 1.50 and the Painkiller games are on sale. Been meaning to get Black, so picked that up for 3 bucks.
    Allforce wrote: »
    Xbox controllers, 29.99 free super saver shipping. Stock up now so you have enough to play Fable Party properly with your friends!

Do the wired ones work right out of the box for PC? I need a controller for my computer, and this would be awesome. I know connecting with the play and charge doesn't work.

Ok, I read this. Works with most Windows Vista-based PCs. Assuming Windows 7 too, right?

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    Do the wired ones work right out of the box for PC? I need a controller for my computer, and this would be awesome. I know connecting with the play and charge doesn't work.

Ok, I read this. Works with most Windows Vista-based PCs. Assuming Windows 7 too, right?

Depends on the game. Mostly, yes.

• Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    It works with XP too, just so you know.

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    schmadsschmads Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »

Also, Majesty 2 is 1.50 and the Painkiller games are on sale. Been meaning to get Black, so picked that up for 3 bucks.
    Allforce wrote: »

The wired ones, which are also $30 right now (http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wired-Controller-Black/dp/B003ZSN600/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1330977314&sr=1-3) have worked just fine for me without installing anything on my desktop and laptop. The wireless ones require a wireless receiver dongle for the PC, which if you don't get them packed with the controller, are hard to find. I seem to remember that I was also able to get a wired one working on a Mac, although I can't guarantee it. If you have a Mac and need me to check, let me know and I will as soon as I get the chance.

I'm sure that there are some exceptions of games that don't "just work" with that controller, as Magic Pink says, it depends upon the game, but I have had good luck so far.

Battle.net/SC2: Kwisatz.868 | Steam/XBL/PSN/Gamecenter: schmads | BattleTag/D3: Schmads#1144 | Hero Academy & * With Friends: FallenKwisatz | 3DS: 4356-0128-9671
  • Options
    Most PC ported games in the past 2-3 years have excellent 360 controller support. OS doesn't really matter, it just depends on the game.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Cool. Thanks for the help guys. I ordered a wired one. I have a few games in my steam backlog that I'd like to use a controller for.

• Options
    Cool. Thanks for the help guys. I ordered a wired one. I have a few games in my steam backlog that I'd like to use a controller for.

Post here or in the Steam thread with the list and I'm sure someone can tell you about controller support for them.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I got a wired 360 pad for Christmas pretty much just so I can play Steam games.
    You just plug it in (Win7) and it auto loads a driver. Beyond that, yeah it just depends more on the game's support than the gamepad.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    I reallt should play Child Of Eden sometime. I bought it in the bargain bin at Wal Mart and haven't even opened it yet. :/

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    So this month's issue of Best Buy's @Gamer magazine has some great deals. You can get the following games for the listed prices after coupon.

Batman: Arkham City - $10
    Bulletstorm - $5
    Rage - $5
    Mass Effect 2 - $5

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    And how do you get Gamer Mag? Don't you have to sign up?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
    I think you can just buy the single issue in store, but not entirely sure if store issues come with coupons.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Year subscription is 15 bucks, but that's for the entire Gamer's Zone Unlocked membership and all the benefits that come with it, like double reward points on most gaming purchases. Also yes you can buy a single issue for 5 bucks in the store, and YES the store issues come with coupons. If you subscribe in the store you get your first issue instantly for free, this free issue would be the one that gets you the coupons I mentioned.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    How does the Best Buy magazine compare to Game Informer? Gamestop-hate all you want, but that's a pretty good magazine!

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    How does the Best Buy magazine compare to Game Informer? Gamestop-hate all you want, but that's a pretty good magazine!

If you like being insulted if you don't play only hyper-masculine games and enjoy having game endings being spoiled, yeah.

By which I mean, no, Game Informer is complete shit.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    I'll pass on that. Thanks, Magic.

kyrcl.png
  • Options

I was actually talking about Game Informer. I didn't even know Best Buy had a mag but I think I can safely assume it's no better.

• Options
    So this month's issue of Best Buy's @Gamer magazine has some great deals. You can get the following games for the listed prices after coupon.

Batman: Arkham City - $10
    Bulletstorm - $5
    Rage - $5
    Mass Effect 2 - $5

Wow. I would def. buy Bulletstorm and Rage for those prices. Tempting.

• Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

I was actually talking about Game Informer. I didn't even know Best Buy had a mag but I think I can safely assume it's no better.

Uh yea, I looked through this month's Gamer since we bought it for the coupons and it is terrible. Not worth reading through at all. But they do have coupons in it every month and sometimes they're really good deals - like this month.

Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
This discussion has been closed.