As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Game Deals Thread

• maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Well, no Metal Gear Solid 3D at Toys R Us.

In fact the only 3DS game I wanted was Nano Assault and even it is $10 cheaper at Gamestop.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    I'll pass on that. Thanks, Magic.

I was actually talking about Game Informer. I didn't even know Best Buy had a mag but I think I can safely assume it's no better.

Then I'm all for it. No thanks, Magic! :oops:

kyrcl.png
  • MHYoshimitzuMHYoshimitzu Registered User regular
    Well, no Metal Gear Solid 3D at Toys R Us.

In fact the only 3DS game I wanted was Nano Assault and even it is $10 cheaper at Gamestop.

TRU has been hit or miss lately with deals. I haven't found anything good in a long while.

sig.gif
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Android Marketplace is having a sale, bunch of $0.49 games in celebration of something or other. World of Goo, Pocket League Story, other stuff.

• Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    I got both MGS 3D and RE 3D at Toys R US, namely because my local TRU is in the middle of nowhere.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    Android Marketplace is having a sale, bunch of $0.49 games in celebration of something or other. World of Goo, Pocket League Story, other stuff.

If you can link a list, it would be much appreciated.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • BullioBullio Registered User regular

https://play.google.com/store/apps/collection/promotion_2012_03_06_AppsFavorites?feature=banner#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDIwMSwibnVsbC10b3BfZmVhdHVyZWRfbXVsdGlfX18yX3Byb21vXzEzMzEwNTgxMjcxNTIiXQ..

steam_sig.png
  • bfickybficky Registered User regular
    So this month's issue of Best Buy's @Gamer magazine has some great deals. You can get the following games for the listed prices after coupon.

Batman: Arkham City - $10
    Bulletstorm - $5
    Rage - $5
    Mass Effect 2 - $5

That price on ME2 looks too good to pass up. Hopefully they have the PS3 version.

I don't have a 360, but my brother-in-law said I can borrow his for a week or two. I was gonna go pick up a cheap copy of the first Mass Effect so that I can get into the series from the beginning. Is Amazon's $20 and GameStop's $25 really the best I'm gonna do? Is the game rare or something? Kinda pricey for what will wind up being a rental, seeing as how I won't own the system it's for. I wonder if there's a Blockbuster or something nearby. I just want to do a quick run through it to get me squared away for ME2.

PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    bficky wrote: »
    So this month's issue of Best Buy's @Gamer magazine has some great deals. You can get the following games for the listed prices after coupon.

Bulletstorm - $5
    Rage - $5
    Mass Effect 2 - $5

That price on ME2 looks too good to pass up. Hopefully they have the PS3 version.

I don't have a 360, but my brother-in-law said I can borrow his for a week or two. I was gonna go pick up a cheap copy of the first Mass Effect so that I can get into the series from the beginning. Is Amazon's $20 and GameStop's $25 really the best I'm gonna do? Is the game rare or something? Kinda pricey for what will wind up being a rental, seeing as how I won't own the system it's for. I wonder if there's a Blockbuster or something nearby. I just want to do a quick run through it to get me squared away for ME2.

Keep in mind that the main draw for playing the original Mass Effect at this point is to create an endgame save file so that the decisions you make affect Mass Effect 2 and 3. Is there any way you can play the other two games on the 360? Or on the PC?

But if you're not interested in that, keep in mind Mass Effect has aged a bit. While it's still a good game, it feels like crap compared to Mass Effect 2 (and presumably 3).

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

For those who can't access the link, here's the list.
    World of Goo
    Jamie’s 20 Minute Meals
    SHADOWGUN
    Osmos HD
    TuneIn Radio Pro
    I Just Forgot - Little Critter
    Sprinkle
    Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
    Asphalt 6: Adrenaline
    Dead Space
    Business Calendar
    SoundHound ∞
    mSecure - Password Manager
    NFL Flick Quarterback
    N.O.V.A. 2
    Quell Reflect
    Endomondo Sports Tracker Pro
    Flick Golf Extreme
    They Need To Be Fed
    Paper Camera
    ZOOKEEPER DX TouchEdition
    SwiftKey X Keyboard
    Camera ZOOM FX
    It’s Tyrannosaurus Rex!
    Pocket League Story
    Sniper Vs Sniper: Online
    Colosseum
    Homerun Battle 3D

Google is putting up the top 25 apps for 49 cents to celebrate their launch of Google Play content portal and also have a Play of the Day promotion running which today is Where's My Water for 25 cents.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    New copies of the PS3 version of ME2 have a little interactive comic that brings you up to speed on the story, and lets you make all the important story decisions that would have carried over from 1 to 2 with a save. I think there was some kind of time limit on that DLC though...maybe it's expired already.

uyvfOQy.png
  • bfickybficky Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    bficky wrote: »

Bulletstorm - $5
    Rage - $5
    Mass Effect 2 - $5

Keep in mind that the main draw for playing the original Mass Effect at this point is to create an endgame save file so that the decisions you make affect Mass Effect 2 and 3. Is there any way you can play the other two games on the 360? Or on the PC?

But if you're not interested in that, keep in mind Mass Effect has aged a bit. While it's still a good game, it feels like crap compared to Mass Effect 2 (and presumably 3).

I had assumed I'd be able to use the comic or whatever it is at the beginning of the PS3 version of ME2 to recreate the choices I made from the original game. But if the original is that dated and inferior I may just rely on wikis and the intro to ME2 to get me up to speed. If I can locate it cheap or find someone around me to lend me a copy, I may try it out, but I won't go out and spend $25 on it.

PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Everyone I know that has played both said the first is far superior to the second. Since I only have PS3 I picked up 2, and I didn't like it at all.

uyvfOQy.png
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I'd say the second is better than the first. It's more polished, more fun to play, less clunky. The story doesn't follow one main plot thread, unfortunately. It's more like a series of short stories all in the same galaxy. A lot of people were miffed about that.

But overall, yeah, 2 is better than 1.

I just finished playing it a second time. It's fantastic, and worth $25 if you ask me. It's definitely worth $5.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Everyone I know that has played both said the first is far superior to the second. Since I only have PS3 I picked up 2, and I didn't like it at all.

That's.... certainly different from the prevailing opinion. Personally I have a hard time getting back to the first one after playing the second.

And @bficky , using the comic for the PS3 is fine. Though honestly, the first game isn't bad at all.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    The first game is great. When compared to how streamlined the second game is, however, the first game comes across as clunky.

I'm replaying ME1 & 2 right now, and while it's nostalgic to go back to ME1, I find myself continually wishing for ME2's design choices.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Guyse, I'm gonna be in NY next week, and I'm gonna buy a PS3 320GB + Uncharted 3 bundle. Should I buy it online and have the "store pick up" option or can I just walk in and they'll have it? I also want the Uncharted 1/2 + blue controller bundle.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
    I got both MGS 3D and RE 3D at Toys R US, namely because my local TRU is in the middle of nowhere.

Good to know they're at least carrying those titles...I thought maybe they weren't for some reason.

I did see four Wii Speak mics on a peg for $4.98 though. Considering I sold a sealed one for $9.99 last week, I'm awfully tempted to grab 'em and try to sell them for $15.

Not sure if that little bit of profit is worth the effort though.

FU7kFbw.png
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    I guess ign prime is giving away 5 games this week/month, the standout being qube.
    trials are gone, so you either have to drop $15 for 3 months or $30 for a year.

qube is normally $15 by itself, so it might be worth it to some.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

Bulletstorm - $5
    Rage - $5
    Mass Effect 2 - $5

Are you telling me I could walk into my local BB and pick up B:AC and ME2 with a magazine of debatable quality for $20?!
    But I already have so many games still to play... :(
    But they're so cheap! I still have to finish Dead Rising 2 and start Red Faction Armageddon from getting those cheap from Gamefly months ago...

edit: Are the coupons $X off or just '$5 ME2' etc?
    editedit: Are you sure that's Arkham City for $10? Not Asylum?

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Guyse, I'm gonna be in NY next week, and I'm gonna buy a PS3 320GB + Uncharted 3 bundle. Should I buy it online and have the "store pick up" option or can I just walk in and they'll have it? I also want the Uncharted 1/2 + blue controller bundle.

Better safe than sorry. Buy it online and do store pickup.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Akrham City is $10 with coupon. The magazine is $5 though, or $15 for a 10 issue subscription.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Akrham City is $10 with coupon. The magazine is $5 though, or $15 for a 10 issue subscription.

D:

Yeah, so $5 for one mag, $10 for Arkham City and $5 for ME2, walk out for $20+tax with SO MUCH GAME.

• KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    I spent 30$, walked out with two copies of Arkham City and one Rage anarchy edition. Yes.

www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
    If I walk into a store, where is this magical magazine? Of course, I'll check the shelf to see if they have the games first.
    And these are all for new games, yeah?

• Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    If I walk into a store, where is this magical magazine? Of course, I'll check the shelf to see if they have the games first.

They should have them in the video game section. Also, these only apply to new copies.

It's worth noting that a subscription might end up being cheaper in the long run. The coupons have been pretty good for a while, and I believe they are going to do more incentives for Gamers Club Unlocked members like the $20 e-gift card for pre-ordering Mass Effect 3 they recently did.

Shady3011 on
    Shady3011 wrote: »

They should have them in the video game section. Also, these only apply to new copies.

It's worth noting that a subscription might end up being cheaper in the long run. The coupons have been pretty good for a while, and I believe they are going to do more incentives for Gamers Club Unlocked members like the $20 e-gift card for pre-ordering Mass Effect 3 they recently did.

Yeah, but then I'd have to pay more money now. And also pay more money later when I buy more games...which I need to stop doing...

With ME you have to pick your poison.

Do you want a dull space RPG with a poor inventory system or do you want a dull shooter with with tacked on RPG elements?

Um...yes? Wait, no! Brain...hurt...

• Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    Inventory? Ha ha. That's a good one.

I assume by inventory you mean giant list of crap to sell?
    But my OCD forces me to look at every one just to make sure it doesn't have a better stat than what I'm using (it doesn't).

The inventory in ME1 is hateful mess.

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    The inventory in ME1 is hateful mess.

but the rest of the game is aces

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    PS3 3D display bundle, MLB 12, Motorstrom Thurmond, HDMI Cable, 2 pairs of glasses.

299.99, in store pickup only.

I'm ready to bite on this since I got a tax refund burning a hole in my checking account right now. Will this display work with a 360 in 3D too?

• The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Never mind! :D

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    How does the Best Buy magazine compare to Game Informer? Gamestop-hate all you want, but that's a pretty good magazine!

If you like being insulted if you don't play only hyper-masculine games and enjoy having game endings being spoiled, yeah.

By which I mean, no, Game Informer is complete shit.

What? I think you're reading a different Game Informer than I am because the one I get in the mail is really great.

@Gamer is fucking terrible, though. The quality of writing reminds me of old Nintendo Power, it all feels really childish. Do not like it a bit. But... coupons.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    What the shit. Dead Island PC Download on Amazon was $15 yesterday. I waffled, and today it's $23. O_o

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    How does the Best Buy magazine compare to Game Informer? Gamestop-hate all you want, but that's a pretty good magazine!

If you like being insulted if you don't play only hyper-masculine games and enjoy having game endings being spoiled, yeah.

By which I mean, no, Game Informer is complete shit.

What? I think you're reading a different Game Informer than I am because the one I get in the mail is really great.

The information they tend to have is not bad, I'll agree. Their presentation is immature as all fuck, however. They happily spoil the endings to games when they talk about upcoming sequals and rip on people who play any games that aren't action kill fests.

Allforce wrote: »
    PS3 3D display bundle, MLB 12, Motorstrom Thurmond, HDMI Cable, 2 pairs of glasses.

299.99, in store pickup only.

I'm ready to bite on this since I got a tax refund burning a hole in my checking account right now. Will this display work with a 360 in 3D too?

Shit, I don't even own a PS3 and that's a damn good deal for a display that size.

Be forewarned that it doesn't have a tuner, however.

FU7kFbw.png
This discussion has been closed.