As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TF2] Pyromania Update Day 3! MEET THE PYRO RELEASED! Do you believe in magic?

• ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Kupi wrote:
    One of these years I'll remember to get a three-day pass to PAX and meet up with you guys.

You watch: next time there's a PAX east, the whole of the TF2 crew will be in diaspora and nobody will think to schedule a meet-up.
    Kupi wrote:
    nobody will think to schedule a meet-up.
    Kupi wrote:
    schedule a meet-up.
    OH SHI-

ebotastic on
    Please, call me ebo.
  • Hey YouHey You Registered User regular
    deveric wrote: »
    xzzy wrote: »
    I hope you guys realize that all PA TF2 teams are doomed to be eliminated from the tournament for bullshit reasons in the second to last round.

they always do. you'll find them and meet up at some point...and then lose

2 years ago we ran into them early, was me, Arikado, Eric, Afro_J, Random_Engy, and someone else...maybe m4v1s? I can't remember. but yeah, you'll get somewhat stomped =)

It was tiny lobster. I was talking to him about that one day. I would love to play in one of those, but don't feel like bringing a computer.

Hey You wrote:
    I hope you guys realize that all PA TF2 teams are doomed to be eliminated from the tournament for bullshit reasons in the second to last round.

2 years ago we ran into them early, was me, Arikado, Eric, Afro_J, Random_Engy, and someone else...maybe m4v1s? I can't remember. but yeah, you'll get somewhat stomped =)

It was tiny lobster. I was talking to him about that one day. I would love to play in one of those, but don't feel like bringing a computer.
    The computers are already there, man! You don't need to bring anything, but you can bring a mouse and a mousepad if you wanna.

Please, call me ebo.
    Also I want to play stoneyridge again. Anyone want to honc?

UEAKCrash wrote: »
    We need to figure out who's all going to PAX East this year, current and former TF2 nerds. Roll call, nerds.

So far this is who I know of...

PAX East 2012 TF2 Nerds
    Crash
    Ebo
    Hey You
    Pablo The Penguin (you said this last night, right?)
    Bear is Driving
    Asiina
    That Guy
    Durax (I assume?)
    Riokenn (Saturday only)

PM me more reply here and I'll add you to the on going list.

From Goose's thread over in SE++, Goose, BEAST!, and possibly Trippy will be going, too.

I'm pretty sure Rakuen, Ducom, and Nisi will be there.

Please, call me ebo.
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Oh shit, is there a TF2 meetup? I'd love to show.

steam_sig.png
    ebotastic wrote: »
    Hey You wrote:

The computers are already there, man! You don't need to bring anything, but you can bring a mouse and a mousepad if you wanna.

OH shiz. When are we playing? I'm on the team.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Just got home from work and restarted the server for the update.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    Kupi wrote: »
    One of these years I'll remember to get a three-day pass to PAX and meet up with you guys.

You watch: next time there's a PAX east, the whole of the TF2 crew will be in diaspora and nobody will think to schedule a meet-up.

This next one is probably my last for awhile, way too expensive to keep going year after year.
    ebotastic wrote: »
    Kupi wrote:

Kupi wrote:
    nobody will think to schedule a meet-up.
    Kupi wrote:
    schedule a meet-up.
    OH SHI-

Yeah someone should do this.

...Don't look at me.

This was a really well put together video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyBdbSTE4L0

• Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    honc2.jpg

• xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    Who in these parts has the shittiest computer that still runs TF2?

Someone wanna fire up Stoneyridge sometime, and point out where framerate dips are? This stuff is harder to test on fast machines because they have so much more headroom.

edited March 2012
    Xzzy or Hey You, I don't know who did this... but I am disappoint, son.

Disappoint.jpg

edit: We should be dropping a more optimized version sometime very soon, so wait for that version to test. We definitely need some low end computers to run around the map for us.

UEAKCrash on
    Yeah I meant to clean it up. We were running into some t-junction limits so I just kind of hamfisted it to get it working. I was planning on doing nothing but optimizing the next time I got the map so I was hoping no one would notice until then. :rotate:

I've been doing some experiments on an old beta of the map and a lot of reading regarding the Source engine, so it should be a fast fix.

edited March 2012
    I fixed it. I think I took care of the tjunct problem, actually. Waterindicies usually (afaik) indicates how close we are to limit on tjuncts and I have it down to 11%. smug.gif

edit: wait no, apparently that was a faulty compile. Still 93% lolwhoops.

UEAKCrash on
    Compiling B7 now. Maybe we can get it up on honc for a test tonight.

Below is the changelog from the last version. If you want to see the latest pictures visit our cp_stoneyridge page at tf2maps (link)

B7 Changelog:
    • Lowered health throughout map
    • Added :30 seconds to Blu’s time to cap A
    • Takes 2 seconds longer for a scout to cap B
    • Added cubby to the B tower’s engi nest area
    • Changed some overlays
    • Heavily optimized from last version
    • Updated bomb tower structure detail and some buildings about B
    • Changed some textures
    • Added more lighting/tweaked lighting
    • Updated some detailing in Rocket Room by B
    • Added turned spawn points for Red after A is capped
    • Fixed a few displacements
    • Updated small areas of detailing in certain spots
    • Added window to Red spawn and moved exit sign to help players notice the 2nd door
    • Capable area on B is marginally smaller

Clever neeeeerds, I require assistance!

I need a slogan for the poster I'm making for Stoneyridge. The company name is Crash Construction. I need a slogan, and I want it to fit into UEAK. My favorite so far has been Unparalleled Erections, Advanced Knowledge, but Hey You vetoed that for obvious reasons.

Any help on something clever and construction related? The smaller the words the better, because I have to fit it on a poster, like the ones you see around the map.

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Clever neeeeerds, I require assistance!

I need a slogan for the poster I'm making for Stoneyridge. The company name is Crash Construction. I need a slogan, and I want it to fit into UEAK. My favorite so far has been Unparalleled Erections, Advanced Knowledge, but Hey You vetoed that for obvious reasons.

Any help on something clever and construction related? The smaller the words the better, because I have to fit it on a poster, like the ones you see around the map.

Crash Construction:
    Utilizing
    Excellence
    And
    Knowledge

K is the trickiest. I can't think of many K words that fit in a business poster.

For something funny, maybe:

Unparalleled
    Excellence
    And
    Killstreaks

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
    edited March 2012
    That is pretty good. The K is by far the bitchiest of letters in there.

My other one I'm leaning towards now is Unified/ Unionized East-Area Kinship.

I'll keep yours in mind for sure though.

edit: Here's the poster so far, I'm pretty proud considering I rarely do much art like this anymore.

Overlay1temp.jpg
    Hat, of course. I drew over an image of a hat I found to make that.

UEAKCrash on
    edited March 2012
    Fresh off the grill: Here is the link for the new cp_stoneyridge_b7. Note: Map is compressed. --Avoid the wait in the download lines.

PMavers, if possible, can you use this version to replace the previous one. This new version should address any of the slight balancing issues. Also, your computer and eyes will thank you because this version much more optimized.

Change log and photos in my previous post.

If you have friends that run servers, please feel free to pass this version to them. Let us know where the version are going and how are liking the map.

Hey You on
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Does "Lowered health throughout map" mean you made the pick-ups weaker?

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
    Yeah, we lowered the sizes on a bunch.

Lose the K, go with Unified
    Kupi wrote: »
    Does "Lowered health throughout map" mean you made the pick-ups weaker?

Only by downgrading them a size. Mappers can't adjust the specific health granted by a pickup.

It's sort of a test after a discussion we had on tf2maps, see how it effects map balance.

Going with Utilizing Excellence And Knowledge.

• ZekZek Registered User regular
    We need to figure out who's all going to PAX East this year, current and former TF2 nerds. Roll call, nerds.

So far this is who I know of...

PAX East 2012 TF2 Nerds
    Crash
    Ebo
    Hey You
    Pablo The Penguin (you said this last night, right?)
    Bear is Driving
    Asiina
    That Guy
    Durax (I assume?)
    Riokenn (Saturday only)

PM me more reply here and I'll add you to the on going list.

I am also going to PAX East!

edited March 2012
    Seriously though, someone needs to organize a get together, preferably someone who knows the city and could book us a place to eat not too far from the convention center. So far the list is:

PAX East 2012 TF2 Nerds
    Crash
    Ebo
    Hey You
    Pablo The Penguin (you said this other night, right?)
    Bear is Driving
    Asiina
    That Guy
    Durax (I assume?)
    Riokenn (Saturday only)
    Goose
    BEAST!
    TrippyJing(maybe)
    Dys (Saturday only)
    Zek
    Rakuen (pretty sure)
    Ducom (pretty sure)
    Nisi (pretty sure)

Confirmations on any of these would be helpful.

edit: How's this look?

CrashConstruction1.png

UEAKCrash on
    New version of cp_stoneyridge is going up to honc, we are filling up the server now. Come join nerds.

• TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    so drunk

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    If anyone is interested in creating a poster for Stoneyridge, feel free to make one (following the guidelines of this tutorial, at least up to the point of getting it into a .TGA) If it's good enough we'll toss it in (no promises, though.) The cool part is that if the map gets bought, Valve will buy the image off you to use.

Just follow that guide and keep it clean and TF2 related. Inside jokes or references are ok but not too much. Just ask yourself if you could picture it in the TF2 setting.

We are honc'ing. Come to server. We might play the latest version of stoneyridge in a couple of maps. Don't miss it.

• Pablo the PenguinPablo the Penguin Registered User regular
    Excellent Honking gentlemen. And an excellent poster, crash. Also, when were we gonna schedule that meetup?

• beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Crash, I like your poster.

It certainly makes me want to hire you.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    If anyone is interested in creating a poster for Stoneyridge, feel free to make one (following the guidelines of this tutorial, at least up to the point of getting it into a .TGA) If it's good enough we'll toss it in (no promises, though.) The cool part is that if the map gets bought, Valve will buy the image off you to use.

Just follow that guide and keep it clean and TF2 related. Inside jokes or references are ok but not too much. Just ask yourself if you could picture it in the TF2 setting.

All I have at work is Paint and I can't picture this in the TF2 setting nor is it in the proper format and I don't think it's good but it is a poster and I did kill 15 minutes so I still consider this a victory:

bearwarethebear.png

I'm not sure how many posters we could use anyway.. we're really close to the overlay limit and would probably have to delete other details to make room for new details.

You're right, I should use it as a spray to cover Crash's poster every chance I get.

• beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Bear is Winning.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
    :ar!

Also it's a full moon on Thursday. So those items will work. But also ME3 is out sooo...

As far as the game is concerned, the full moon started last night.

(the menu images change when the halloween stuff is enabled)

This discussion has been closed.