As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Terra Nova- I've Had it With These Monkey Fighting Dinos in This Monday to Friday World

12345679»

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    It didn't really look like that dinosaur could fit inside that tiny pallet.

It's bigger on the inside.

Tardis technology?

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    jefe414 wrote:
    It didn't really look like that dinosaur could fit inside that tiny pallet.

It's bigger on the inside.

Tardis technology?
    Some kind of tard, anyway.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    jefe414 wrote:
    Tardis technology?

Tardisaur technology.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I have 2 more episode to go to catch up so far, but dear lord do they have the shittiest security ever. Half the damn colony could be spying/stealing/smuggling/throwing raves in the jungle and they'd get away with it. I'm looking forward to everyone noting this when I finish and go back and read the thread.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    Man running away from a dinosaur running away from an explosion didn't disappoint.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    it made me so happy

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Xeddicus wrote:
    I have 2 more episode to go to catch up so far, but dear lord do they have the shittiest security ever. Half the damn colony could be spying/stealing/smuggling/throwing raves in the jungle and they'd get away with it. I'm looking forward to everyone noting this when I finish and go back and read the thread.

To this day I'm confused why this show costs so much to make. Primeval looks more expensive. Makes me think Hollywood is up to their accounting tricks again.

• Options
    Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    It has to be the cost of filming on location in... New Zealand, I think? Somewhere exotic.

The CGI looks awful, so that can't be it.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Turns out that shipping an entire cast and crew out to the middle of a jungle on the ass end of the planet costs significantly more than filming in the nearest major city to the studio and telling the staff they can get their own damn bus. Who knew? :P

Also, the 'big name' attachment of Spielberg probably had a lot to do with it.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Mr_Rose wrote:
    Also, the 'big name' attachment of Spielberg probably had a lot to do with it.

His name doesn't mean what it used to anymore, as this series proves.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    So caught up.
    They continued with the utterly crap security even when preparing for an invasion, being invaded and coming back from said invasion. So I guess they get points for consistency. The mom and son earned a few points for the larva trick/bashing and punching Lucas, at least.

I'm kind of glad future girlfriend died just so we don't have to see a stupid triangle, but then they failed to kill everyone else who deserved it and just teased us by shooting them some and then letting them use a sub-sonic whistle to call up hundreds of miniosaur's to make an escape. Or magic. Something. Idiot McBadass deserved to get stabbed. Lucas just murdered Washington directly and got 26 or so peopled killed and possibly ALL of you, your son's gone dude. He's Evil McCreepyKindaIncestMurderer now.

And we still haven't seen anything to prove he's NOT a vampire.

Which means that maybe future girlfriend is too. We never saw a body...

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    you kind of lost me in that rant. maybe I feel asleep during the episode or something? but you are saying things I don't remember

• Options
    Which bits? The vampire stuff was from a previous episode with the research assistant who took the big wigs place.

I was making up how Lucas got away, obviously (or not...).

• Options
    sub sonic whistle? that's the part you said you were making up which clarifies things for me :D

who are you saying killed Wash directly?

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Wait, there are vampires in this show? I'll admit that Im usually doing shit while I watch it so its quite possible that I missed it, but that seems like something Id remember.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    emp123 wrote:
    Wait, there are vampires in this show? I'll admit that Im usually doing shit while I watch it so its quite possible that I missed it, but that seems like something Id remember.

Series Directed by
    Jon Cassar
    Karen Gaviola
    Alex Graves
    Nelson McCormick
    Bryan Spicer

• Options
    Yeah, I dont know what that means.

• Options
    I not-really-re-read the thread so was reminded of the youngest daughters amusing "He's a vampire." theory about the imposter researcher. It was never invalidated. I don't get the director list, either, unless those people are vampires too?!
    And Lucas obviously killed Wash directly. Unless he didn't, there was hair on the ground but no blood/brains!

• Options
    Vampires would make the show more interesting. Which could lead to vampire dinosaurs.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Vampires are so last year. It's about zombies now.

Zombie_dinosaurs.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote:
    So caught up.
    They continued with the utterly crap security even when preparing for an invasion, being invaded and coming back from said invasion. So I guess they get points for consistency. The mom and son earned a few points for the larva trick/bashing and punching Lucas, at least.

I'm kind of glad future girlfriend died just so we don't have to see a stupid triangle, but then they failed to kill everyone else who deserved it and just teased us by shooting them some and then letting them use a sub-sonic whistle to call up hundreds of miniosaur's to make an escape. Or magic. Something. Idiot McBadass deserved to get stabbed. Lucas just murdered Washington directly and got 26 or so peopled killed and possibly ALL of you, your son's gone dude. He's Evil McCreepyKindaIncestMurderer now.

And we still haven't seen anything to prove he's NOT a vampire.

Which means that maybe future girlfriend is too. We never saw a body...

I think it would've been better overall if certain annoying people who died were devoured by dinosaurs instead, as well as other annoying people who did not die.

In fact, I'd be pretty happy with more and more people being eaten in this show, actually.

工事中
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Cokebotle wrote:
    I think it would've been better overall if certain annoying people who died were devoured by dinosaurs instead, as well as other annoying people who did not die.

In fact, I'd be pretty happy with more and more people being eaten in this show, actually.

The best serious scene in the finale was when Taylor's second-in-command was executed. It was very moving. Loved the darkness in the tone which the show usually lacks. Unfortunately they killed one of the best characters with untapped potential.

The second best scene was the cop getting chased by a dinosaur through an exploding portal. That was good, just for the comedy and sheer insanity.

Had each episode been filled with scenes like those I'd have become a fan.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    Yeah, for a show that involves dinosaurs theres a disturbing lack of people getting eaten by dinosaurs.

• Options
    Cokebotle wrote:

The best serious scene in the finale was when Taylor's second-in-command was executed. It was very moving. Loved the darkness in the tone which the show usually lacks. Unfortunately they killed one of the best characters with untapped potential.

The second best scene was the cop getting chased by a dinosaur through an exploding portal. That was good, just for the comedy and sheer insanity.

Had each episode been filled with scenes like those I'd have become a fan.

Yeah, they finally kill someone and they kill off one of the good characters. Why couldnt it be the daughters annoying boyfriend? I guess you cant have 2 kids who just lost their boyfriend/girlfriend...

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Wash didn't really need to get caught, though. Her punching a guard didn't really do anything but get her caught. Didn't need to throw herself into the fray on top of the explosion. She could have at least gone out riding a dinosaur throwing flaming spears (yes, the dino could throw the spears). But it was the most effective scene so far as it was, yeah. Or at least tied with being chased by a dinosaur while explosions go off.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote:
    Wash didn't really need to get caught, though. Her punching a guard didn't really do anything but get her caught. Didn't need to throw herself into the fray on top of the explosion. She could have at least gone out riding a dinosaur throwing flaming spears (yes, the dino could throw the spears). But it was the most effective scene so far as it was, yeah. Or at least tied with being chased by a dinosaur while explosions go off.
    Too bad they happened in pretty much the same episode. Hopefully they'll space the awesome out a bit more next season (assuming it gets picked up) instead of saving it for the end.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    Canceled, if anyone cares. I guess they're shopping it around.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    shoulda brought the t-rex out earlier

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    the t rex was so badass

really not a great show and super expensive but I'd have kept watching

• Options
    If it wasn't so fucking expensive, I'd say SyFy would be the perfect place for this show. Who knows if any other network would even consider picking it up.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Out of curiosity, how many shows actually end up on a different network after they're canceled?

I remember Buffy going to the CW, and Southland going to TNT, but past that I honestly can't think of two others that pulled that off.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular

So I guess I don't need to watch the rest of the episodes then, huh?

But why are the canceling a series, that makes them money? Aren't they in the business of making money? If you get more out of it than it costs to make - why stop?

Then again ... it wasn't very good, so no loss there.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Because its not making as much money as a cheaper/more popular alternative would and waiting until it starts losing money before quitting (especially when that could be in the middle of a season with all the sunk costs that entails) is a fool's game?

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Out of curiosity, how many shows actually end up on a different network after they're canceled?

I remember Buffy going to the CW, and Southland going to TNT, but past that I honestly can't think of two others that pulled that off.

Scrubs moved to ABC. Family Matters and Ninja Turtles moved to CBS.

• Options
    edited March 2012

I remember Buffy going to the UPN, and Southland going to TNT, but past that I honestly can't think of two others that pulled that off.

Sorry had to correct that. Also, along with Family Matters moving to CBS for it's final season so did Step by Step.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I completely forgot that it was UPN before it merged with WB to become CW. thanks for that.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    TheBigEasy wrote: »

So I guess I don't need to watch the rest of the episodes then, huh?

But why are the canceling a series, that makes them money? Aren't they in the business of making money? If you get more out of it than it costs to make - why stop?

Then again ... it wasn't very good, so no loss there.

watch the last one
    it's pretty fun

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    skeldare wrote: »

I remember Buffy going to the UPN, and Southland going to TNT, but past that I honestly can't think of two others that pulled that off.

Sorry had to correct that. Also, along with Family Matters moving to CBS for it's final season so did Step by Step.

Stargate SG-1 and JAG can be added to the pile. It's pretty damn rare, but does happen on occasion. I personally don't think it ever happens to shows it really should, but that's just my luck. :P

I don't see anything picking up Terra Nova if it costs $Texas.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    the big easy I'd finish it, the last episode was pretty cool and I think you'll find it all fairly satisfying even though technically it doesn't 'end'.