As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Upcoming Games Thread

• ShintoShinto __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Richy wrote: »
    Shinto wrote: »
    I'm not going to do the phalla game I was thinking of anymore.
    You mean you want to change the setting/rules of your game, or you want out completely?

I mean I won't be doing the game.

Shinto on
  • Andrew_JayAndrew_Jay Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Just realised that this thread was moving again.

I'm ready to start on June 1 - however, I don't plan on doing a Phalla game anymore (at least, there's no way I'd be ready to do one by next Friday).

Is it acceptable that I use my spot for the Civilization Democracy Game that appeared to pick up a lot of interest a couple of weeks ago before I left? Or should I be skipped, and moved to the end of the queue?

Andrew_Jay on
  • tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Andrew_Jay wrote: »
    Just realised that this thread was moving again.

I'm ready to start on June 1 - however, I don't plan on doing a Phalla game anymore (at least, there's no way I'd be ready to do one by next Friday).

Is it acceptable that I use my spot for the Civilization Democracy Game that appeared to pick up a lot of interest a couple of weeks ago before I left? Or should I be skipped, and moved to the end of the queue?

It sounds interesting; how long would it take?

(I'm sure people asked this before, but it seems like a game could take a long time if you wait too long between votable portions. Or, maybe do it side-by-side if it's not too onerous?)

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Well, I say let's do the civ game, and depending on the sign-up we could do a phalla game in parallel. There should be enough people on this forum to sustain two games at once.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I guess that puts me up next for a Phalla. Do we want to do it in parallel or should I wait until the civ game is done? (Can we get a mod opinion on that, please?)

If we're going in parallel, I'm pretty sure I can be ready by the 1st. If I need to wait until after it's done, then I suspect I will need to swap spots with the next person on the list to be sure to not conflict with my trip.

Nerissa on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2007
    Concurrency pleases me.

Ice cream is also pleasing.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited May 2007
    Elkamil wrote: »
    Concurrency pleases me.

Both at the same time is even better.

(See what I did there?)

Good, I'm glad we were able to sort this out. Both concepts sound like fun.

tuxkamen on

Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    We were robbed (psychochipmunk and I), but I can't remember why.

The date got moved back over a weekend or something last minute at the end and they totally sniped us with fallacies and we didn't respond. Plus you were totally dead weight dragging me down.
    :P

moniker on
  • NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Concurrency pleases me.

ok, I'll get my writing finalized over the weekend, then, and be ready to go on the 1st.

I'd send ice cream as well, but I suspect it wouldn't be in very good shape after a trip through the mail.

Nerissa on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I want to sign up for hosting a phalla. I am looking for someone to work together with, because I really can't host a phalla in which voting closes at like 7pm. :P

Anyway, you can put me on the list, because it will take a lot of time before it's my turn.

The theme will be "forums". If you're interested in helping out with a phalla based on the shit going on in webforums and if you like to make fun of the lunatics we have running around here, please PM me or something.

Aldo on
    edited June 2007
    The next game should start on June 27. Whoever is next (hello, tuxkamen) should tell us whether they'll be ready by then, or not, by June 20.

And hi, Rich! Do you still want me to email you some questions?

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Will my phalla run concurrently with the Debate Competition/EPYC a la Andrew_Jay's Civilization/Nerissa's Salem Phalla?

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited June 2007
    Probably not.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited June 2007
    The next game should start on June 27. Whoever is next (hello, tuxkamen) should tell us whether they'll be ready by then, or not, by June 20.

I will be ready.

Title: Ad Astra Per Phalla
    Players: 50
    Theme: Science-fiction

tuxkamen on

edited June 2007
    Yes. And anyone else with ideas, do so too, please.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited June 2007
    Do I have permission to start the game a little earlier on the 26th (like, perhaps 6PDT), so that the evening of the 27th is night 1? It would aid my schedule tremendously.

Also, Ardor will be my wingman for this game. All sides can breathe a huge sigh of relief.

tuxkamen on

edited June 2007
    Yes.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Will it be an issue if my Phalla is invite only? Or, at the very least, have some kind of restriction on "number of Phallas you've played in"?

Everybody's role is going to be a different person from previous Phallas, so it's pretty essential that everybody's active. Not to mention, newbies wouldn't "get" most of the jokes/easter eggs that will be in this one.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Eh, I think that's fine.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    As long as you won't be too anal about it. :|

Aldo on
    edited July 2007
    What happens if the people you invite can't/don't want to play? Does the game fall apart?

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited July 2007
    Actually, when I think about it, there'll probably be too many roles for it to be invite only. I think I'll just have sign-ups with restrictions, like "you must have played in at least 3 Phallas, at least one of which was in D&D".

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited July 2007
    Why can't the Debate run at the same time as the next Phalla? Also, what is EPYC?

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
    edited July 2007
    Gnasty wrote: »
    Why can't the Debate run at the same time as the next Phalla? Also, what is EPYC?
    The debate can't run because I'm still missing some questions and I haven't had time to work on it in months. Coming up with questions with only two sides, no middle ground, and no obviously right or wrong answer is not easy.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited July 2007
    The debate can't run because I'm still missing some questions and I haven't had time to work on it in months. Coming up with questions with only two sides, no middle ground, and no obviously right or wrong answer is not easy.
    Oh, okay. From what someone said in the Phalla thread I was under the impression that the Debate was going to happen and that the Phalla wouldn't run at the same time. So what is this EPYC thing, and will it run at the same time as the next Phalla?

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
    edited July 2007
    Oh, okay. From what someone said in the Phalla thread I was under the impression that the Debate was going to happen and that the Phalla wouldn't run at the same time. So what is this EPYC thing, and will it run at the same time as the next Phalla?
    We can't run multiple Phalla games at once, but we can run several different games at once. We just had our Civ game and a Phalla going on last week. The Debate competition, when it starts, won't affect Phallas.

I have no idea what the EPYC thing is.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Back a page Elks said they probably won't run side by side, but I guess we'll see?

EPYC is this.

James on
    edited July 2007
    James wrote: »

Back a page Elks said they probably won't run side by side, but I guess we'll see?

EPYC is this.
    He did? Over here he says he's ok with several games at once.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited July 2007
    James wrote: »

EPYC is this.
    Huh. I don't really see how that would work in a regular thread. I guess it could be done through PMs.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    You don't really. It's really sign-ups, and then letting people know how far along it is at a given point, ie when it changes hands. The one SE finished a little while ago was just a chat thread-type thing until it was done, and then there was one thread with the end product and the reactions.
    The pic/captions are exchanged through PMs.

Me Too! on
    edited July 2007
    So when does my Phalla start?

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited July 2007
    Standard waiting time is 2 weeks after the end of the last game. So, July 21st.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I can only hope that I am cool enough to be a player/role in your game VH.

Sounds fun.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited July 2007
    Tentatively speaking, I want to put myself up on the list again.

This is mostly because I am an awful masochist, but also because I had an idea for narrative method. I'm still considering the setting, but I'd shoot for 40-50 players again dependent on participation.

tuxkamen on

edited July 2007
    Is it a problem if I start on the 22nd rather than the 21st? I have a reunion on the 21st.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited July 2007
    Is it a problem if I start on the 22nd rather than the 21st? I have a reunion on the 21st.
    Yes, it's a problem. A group of D&Ders wearing black hoods will come to your house to kill your family and rape your pets.
    It's not a problem.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited July 2007
    A group of D&Ders wearing black hoods will come to your house to kill your family and rape your pets.

As long as it doesn't happen during the reunion. My grandmother's been looking forward to it.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hmm, I may have to return from my Phalla sabbatical early for this upcoming one... I hope I'm one of the specials in the game... in both meanings.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I have an idea for another Phalla, based on Jack the Ripper.

Fencingsax on
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I have an idea for a Phalla, based on a super secret theme that would give away everything. Giganticus and I were supposed to host it together, but he seems to have gone AWOL.

Hacksaw on