As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WAKFU - Turn based MMO

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Wakfu does not take hostages, that's basically the one thing you have to keep in mind. They should really put some warning tags on impossible classes for newbies. Ecaflip is the opposite of fun until you get lucky at which point they're supposed to be ridiculously overpowered. Same with that class that gets stronger the more they get hit, that's not a good starting point for a newbie, because you will need to play with others to unlock enough HP buffs to even stand a chance on the front-line.

Iop and Cra are probably the easiest classes to play, mostly because their damage is relatively steady.

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    I'm trying to play a Feca but i'm not sure which element I should focus on. The little I played in beta suggested that Earth would be good for the multiple hits and such, but Water looks like it would be great for support. and Fire is just straight up good aoe.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • CamuiCamui Sogekidan Registered User regular
    So far I tried the Time Magi, the gambler, and the greedy miner man. I do like how this game is presented, and I think I'm going to stick to the Enutrof, higher chances to get free loot along with doing more damage because I can find more loot? Sign me up.

look me up as Fugate

• Thor1590Thor1590 Registered User regular
    Guys, they got rid of the random spells on Ecaflip.

This game is in sort of a weird place, for me.

I understand the confusion about stats! The problem is, most of them are so expensive (and your spells are so bad) that it's more beneficial to pump health. For instance, on the osa? The accepted strat at the moment is to pump vit, tank for your pet, and only use the spells that buff it since yours are so worthless that they're not even worth casting. Earth enutrofs used to be alright, but got nerfed and now aren't ok at all. Xelors also have 1 strat: aging->temporal burn on one turn, just temporal burn on the next. Oh, also, about enus: our mp drain spell that isn't melee range costs an mp to cast. It only has a chance of draining their mp. In other words, you have a 100% chance of draining your own mp and a small chance of draining theirs. Fun!

I feel like almost all of the classes were designed in a bubble, and not really balanced against each other. You want a fun start? Try a sacrier. They have a lot of good options, and benefit from pumping vit anyway. You want unfun? Try an eniripsa.

Anyways, I'm a chance enu named Hooba.

• Fleck0Fleck0 Registered User regular
    I've been enjoying this quite a bit, reminds me of Atlantica Online smashed into Trickster.

I'm a Sram named Flecko

steam_sig.png
    I'm trying to play a Feca but i'm not sure which element I should focus on. The little I played in beta suggested that Earth would be good for the multiple hits and such, but Water looks like it would be great for support. and Fire is just straight up good aoe.
    *Feca high-5*

It took me a good half hour to figure out that you can either target stuff directly or first place a glyph on it or on the ground. Then you start applying your skills to any target you can hit for different effects. Glyphs only exist for a limited number of turns and the skills you apply to them can have effect for a different number of turns as well, but their effects can be applied to more squares and they can have totally different effects than directly using your skills. Like there's a normal damage attack: if you click a mob it does 6dmg, if you place it on a glyph it will do 4dmg to anyone walking into it as well as its adjacent tiles.

So basically, you're really managing a whole heap of timers that provide different effects and you're trying to prepare for which character/mob will walk into what glyph you have placed. It's super confusing at first, but you can see the potential in letting your ally walk into a buffing-glyph and your enemies in damage-glyphs at the same time, while you're in the back watching the effects of your planning come to fruition.

Also: there's a skill that allows you to teleport to a glyph you have placed. Imagine the shit this can unlock.

• NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    And you can glyph players and mobs as well. The first earth spell on a player is amazing.

• AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Be warned: If you subscribe to this game you can't cancel your subscription! You need to submit a ticket to Support.

I'm having them delete my account and all it's information. From their support page:
    I would like to cancel a subscription, is that possible?

Yes, provided you satisfy several conditions.

All subscriptions purchased may be returned within 7 working days. Our returns policy applies to all methods of payment, however, refunds on Audiotel payments are subject to additional conditions as they are provided by a partner.

You may not return a subscription that has been validated. Once you connect and use your subscription for the first time, you may no longer cancel it."

Note this may be in fact a translation error and the ability to cancel a subscription via the web interface has yet to be added. Still this is no coolio.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Fleck0Fleck0 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Aumni wrote: »
    Be warned: If you subscribe to this game you can't cancel your subscription! You need to submit a ticket to Support.

I'm having them delete my account and all it's information. From their support page:
    I would like to cancel a subscription, is that possible?

Yes, provided you satisfy several conditions.

All subscriptions purchased may be returned within 7 working days. Our returns policy applies to all methods of payment, however, refunds on Audiotel payments are subject to additional conditions as they are provided by a partner.

You may not return a subscription that has been validated. Once you connect and use your subscription for the first time, you may no longer cancel it."

Note this may be in fact a translation error and the ability to cancel a subscription via the web interface has yet to be added. Still this is no coolio.

The first sentence makes it pretty clear they are talking about refunding the initial payment and not cancelling the recurring payment there, I think it's just an odd use of 'cancel' later on when it should probably say 'refund' through the whole thing

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
    While I agree with you - there is absolutely no where else where you can cancel a subscription other than submitting a request to their support staff.

They also want you to scan and email them proof of identification (on top of entering your account info) if you want to cancel your account.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
    There is no option to cancel your recurring payments either through their account page or your bank? MMO subscriptions are supposed to read: "we provide you with service X as long as you pay us Y$ per month. The moment you stop paying Y$ per month we will stop providing service X to you. Because every other MMO I've played does not deal in refunds: you buy 6 months of game time and you stop playing after 1 month? Say good bye to those 5 months worth of subscription fees you already paid them for a service you no longer want. Wakfu is dumb for describing the process of getting your money back.
    Aumni wrote:
    While I agree with you - there is absolutely no where else where you can cancel a subscription other than submitting a request to their support staff.

They also want you to scan and email them proof of identification (on top of entering your account info) if you want to cancel your account.
    It's a French company, they're already bending the rules by accepting e-mailed copies of passports.

fake-edit: Don't send such privacy-sensitive information over e-mail, it's a great way to become a victim of identity theft.

edited March 2012
    Oh - I definitely didn't.

I also didn't want a refund - I just wanted to cancel the sub so it wouldn't auto renew if I forgot about it. I'm curious to see what they're going to come up with when they get back to me. I hope this doesn't become a "thing".

Aumni on
  • SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    Oh -

I also didn't want a refund - I just wanted to cancel the sub so it wouldn't auto renew if I forgot about it. I'm curious to see what they're going to come up with when they get back to me. I hope this doesn't become a "thing".

Yeah thats what I generally do as well. Not emailing them scanned any ID. Thats is FUcked. They better fix their shit.

That said my in game name is Sonork. Camui (in game: Garp) and UnknownSaint (in game: Batshark) have been playing together. We're about level 15ish. We should make a PA guild ro something. Though apparently SUbbed players cannot group with unsubbed players... >< We all joined the Island nation Sufokia.

I still can't decide what I want to play. I started up an Ecaflip since I heard they had been changed and they seem pretty neat now. (Thank god they dropped the random ability thing) I may also try an Xelor since I had one of those in beta and they were fun. I'm going to assume they changed the crap out of them though because they were completely broken in beta :D

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    I can't play on Nox, so I'm on the International/British server. If anyone else is on there, please let me know, this game is mostly amazing when playing with friends. The synergy between classes is just glorious.

So far I've had the most fun with my Sram, but Xelor was simply amazing with the clock-based attacks and teleporting around. Feca is kind of frustrating because you're mostly managing the battle-field instead of doing direct damage. The duel I had with another Feca was simply amazing, though. The shit you can pull off on a Feca who leaves their own shield empty is fantastic. I completely cramped his tactic because he was used to fighting against non-Fecas.

• Death Cab For AlbieDeath Cab For Albie Registered User regular
    I tried an Ecaflip, but i'm gonna re-roll something else I think. I'm constantly killing myself and healing the enemy thanks to crappy luck. Going to make a Cra's Range I think.

...we made it cool to wear medallions and say hotep...
    If you want an ecaflip with less luck involved focus on Water. I find that to be stable and fun. Having fun with my Xelor though, so much kiting and AP stealing :D

delphinidaes.png
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    I tried an Ecaflip, but i'm gonna re-roll something else I think. I'm constantly killing myself and healing the enemy thanks to crappy luck. Going to make a Cra's Range I think.
    Yeah, that was my experience. It constantly felt like I was missing some mechanic to make my own luck. Like, if the heal was delayed for a certain number of turns, so you could stack your "big damage, big heal" attacks and burn them down before they come into effect (and cry if you failed), or maybe a skill that tells you what your next few rolls are gonna be, allowing you to plan your attacks and plan to their strengths... but nope, it's just plain luck.

Glal wrote:
    Yeah, that was my experience. It constantly felt like I was missing some mechanic to make my own luck. Like, if the heal was delayed for a certain number of turns, so you could stack your "big damage, big heal" attacks and burn them down before they come into effect (and cry if you failed), or maybe a skill that tells you what your next few rolls are gonna be, allowing you to plan your attacks and plan to their strengths... but nope, it's just plain luck.

If you want to go with the luck route then you really need to start stacking points in the Tarot cards to increase your positive card chance.

My recommendation would be to do what I did in beta and avoid the Tarot cards altogether. I rolled a water eca in beta and was able to tank some pretty nasty stuff solo just by out healing the damage they did. But it relied on NOT having tarot because I had a very specific rotation that utilized every WP that I had. Not sure if you can still do that but it looks like they expanded on which moves will give HP back so if may be even easier now.

delphinidaes.png
  • Death Cab For AlbieDeath Cab For Albie Registered User regular
    2 Questions:
    1. Is there anyway to know when you're locked before attempting to move? It's so frustrating when I try to move away to start my turn and end up losing a turn due to being locked.

2. How on earth do you make money? I realize there are no vendors, and my professions are farmer / baker.

...we made it cool to wear medallions and say hotep...
    It gives your dodge chance when you try and move away.

• SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular

2. How on earth do you make money? I realize there are no vendors, and my professions are farmer / baker.

You have to be subbed, join a nation and mine 'simple? iron' from one of the zones next to where you port to your nation.

Sonork wrote: »

You have to be subbed, join a nation and mine 'simple? iron' from one of the zones next to where you port to your nation.

That is the literal way to "make" money. :D

You can also make and sell stuff to get the money that other people created. But you need to set up a stall first to really sell stuff. Otherwise you can log out in your havenbag and sell stuff that way.

delphinidaes.png
  • CamuiCamui Sogekidan Registered User regular
    So I think I am going to stick to my Escaflip for now, I can deal constant damage and I seem to only get stronger with each level. Plus it seems like everyone else trying and quitting escas makes me more unique!

Fugate - Sufokia nation!

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    So, wow, I just started playing this and I'm really digging it. Made an Eca and a ... ..whatever the beast tamer thing is. Not sure if there are better choices, but damn awesome none the less. No idea what to put stat points into either. Sadness.

steam_sig.png
    So, wow, I just started playing this and I'm really digging it. Made an Eca and a ... ..whatever the beast tamer thing is. Not sure if there are better choices, but damn awesome none the less. No idea what to put stat points into either. Sadness.

I would recommend researching builds a bit since as far as I know there is no respec system and your stat choices can make or break your character.

Same goes for which spells you use since they gain xp through usage. It gets a lot harder to raise low level skills later on, and you'll want to focus on just a few skills to be powerful enough to tackle some of the enemies later on. If you spread too thin you'll have a lot of difficulty.

delphinidaes.png
  • UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular

I would recommend researching builds a bit since as far as I know there is no respec system and your stat choices can make or break your character.

Same goes for which spells you use since they gain xp through usage. It gets a lot harder to raise low level skills later on, and you'll want to focus on just a few skills to be powerful enough to tackle some of the enemies later on. If you spread too thin you'll have a lot of difficulty.

How does it get tougher to catch up with neglected skills later on?

How does it get tougher to catch up with neglected skills later on?

Unless the changed it you get exp based on the monsters you kill in relation to your level. But if you kill monsters that are too low to give you exp you get very little skill exp. If your skills are underleveled they aren't powerful enough to kill equal level monsters so you have to use your more powerful skills to finish the monster off. You get awarded exp to the skill that was the most useful (did the most damage, etc) so your underlevelled skills level extremely slowly.

The way to counteract this is to have a powerful, level appropriate weapon. You use your underlevelled skill once or twice, and then do the rest of your damage with the weapon since it doesn't gain xp. This way all the skill exp goes to the only skill you actually used. This gets tricky later on depending on who you are fighting and depending on the weapon you are using can be difficult as well.

Now that's how it was in closed beta, I didn't notice any changes when I was on my low level Xelor, but it could very well have changed since then.

delphinidaes.png
  • UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    Oh okay, I thought it was something to do with the way skill exp actually works.

I'm definitely experiencing that phenomenon on my fire Iop. It's just so much easier for me to murder everything with Iop's Wrath spam, as it's my hardest hitting ability per AP by a large margin, yet is also AoE. So what should be my bread-and-butter skills are something like less than half the level of a spell I'm only really supposed to bust out once or twice in a battle.

Just read a thing on the Wiki about how spell experience points work, so that should definitely help me catch up a bit.

By the way this is why on any character I always get at least 1 level in each skill before leaving the starting area. It is still pretty important to plan out and research how you want your character to be at the higher levels so you can focus on those skills as you are levelling and fighting appropriate stuff.

It was incredibly hard for me to turn my Air Eca into a Water Eca during beta and as a result my water eca wasn't even up to par for a long time.

I'm still trying to figure out if I water to go for a Fire or Water Xelor. Fire seems to be more direct damage and Aoe While Water is great 1v1 and Support.

Or I may go Pure Air and just spam my best move...who knows.

delphinidaes.png
    Seems I chose the two black sheep. Ha ha ha. Oh well, still fun. Maybe I'll make a sac or something and try that instead. Though the total luck based mechanic of the Eca is still pretty awesome. I pretty much love gambling.

steam_sig.png
    Seems I chose the two black sheep. Ha ha ha. Oh well, still fun. Maybe I'll make a sac or something and try that instead. Though the total luck based mechanic of the Eca is still pretty awesome. I pretty much love gambling.

Eca are awesome (Or used to be) you can do a lot of damage via Earth or have great tanking and sustain via Water. You don't have to gamble with the tarot cards, but if you do, go all the way to increase your odds.

As for Osa....I think black sheep was my impression as well.

delphinidaes.png

Eca are awesome (Or used to be) you can do a lot of damage via Earth or have great tanking and sustain via Water. You don't have to gamble with the tarot cards, but if you do, go all the way to increase your odds.

As for Osa....I think black sheep was my impression as well.

Yeah, about Esca, I dunno. forums seem to say earth got nerfed, so its basically fire or water, or fire/water, or esca die/precision spam. Still, I think I'll stick to it.

Also apparently got some bandage item or another for being a part of the beta. Woo.

steam_sig.png
  • BloodMuffinBloodMuffin Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I guess I'll start by saying I had a much better time during beta than this current launch. I had a 50's Fire sacrier that was a blast to play through during beta, began to level another one on launch day spent a good day and a half grinding away to 25. I log on the next day to find my character is level one. I thought I got "hacked" at first so I sent in a ticket. According to the CM, by putting certain items in my heaven bag, it deleted my character...

No big deal I thought as I'm sure SE would handle this since they identified the bug. I thought wrong, the best they could do for me is restore my character to level 15 with none of the missing equipment, supplies, and skills I had accumulated. After this recover of my character I noticed I did not have a haven bag or it vanishes, goody! I'm currently sitting here waiting on SE to recover the bag and my original character if possible.

Not a fun start.

BloodMuffin on
  • KungFuKungFu Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    So... Does this game get fun? I haven't subbed so I have barely entered the game, but I'm seeing a long road of grinding stupid AI mobs. I love the art of this game and adore tactical RPG's but I can't tell how this game is actually going to play.

Feels very Ragnarok Online-ish.

edit: I probably seem overly harsh. I actually really want to like this game.

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
    KungFu wrote: »
    So... Does this game get fun? I haven't subbed so I have barely entered the game, but I'm seeing a long road of grinding stupid AI mobs. I love the art of this game and adore tactical RPG's but I can't tell how this game is actually going to play.

Feels very Ragnarok Online-ish.

edit: I probably seem overly harsh. I actually really want to like this game.

It's a game that shines once you play with friends.

Unfortunately my one buddy who loves tactical stuff doesn't show much interest so far. :(

Soooo no new posts in 14 days, guess you guys are distracted by a dozen other games and don't have a group of friends to play with either? I *want* to like this game, but god damn it's not making this easy.

Aldo wrote: »
    Soooo no new posts in 14 days, guess you guys are distracted by a dozen other games and don't have a group of friends to play with either? I *want* to like this game, but god damn it's not making this easy.

Pretty much, yeah :(

• DeliasDelias Registered User regular
    The game lends itself to groups of people playing together. Dungeons have the best of gear but can be ridiculous to run unless you have friends that prepare for it(elite riktus dungeon requires 40-50 bombs to run it). It's nearly impossibly to level any craft beyond 30-40 because the ingredients required to make higher items are vast and varied. Leveling has been pretty borked for the most part, with 80% of the server going to one single zone to level from level 30-100.

It's initially a fun game, the classes are varied, unique, and enjoyable. The artwork is fantastic, especially if you're a fan of the cartoon, but the game loses that shiny new feeling after a couple weeks, and you're left with a lackluster leveling system, an impossible crafting grind, no organized pvp system, etc. The government is controlled by the most powerful guilds on the server organizing who they want to vote for, so an independent candidate hasn't stood a chance thus far (my experience is limited to Bonta). I would say try it out, but do not subscribe for more than a month, because chances are you'll be done with playing by then.

darleysam wrote: »
    Wrex has no problem taking cover. Cover has a problem taking Wrex.

SWTOR - Elysium
    League of Legends Handle - Siegfreid
    WoW - Siegfreid
    FFXIV - Maxim
  • Ash of YewAsh of Yew Registered User regular

I cancelled my subscription through their website just fine, not sure why you think this?

As for the game itself, I liked the concept but it got dull very quickly. Solo fights are super boring. I played with a friend part of the time and while that made the fights more interesting, it was still very very repetitive. I think the game could use more pvp and some sort of reward for winning it, but that is just my personal preference. Maybe the more end game pvp scenarios with groups would be a lot of fun, but getting to that point seemed like a big grind. Any ways, not a terrible game, just not quite what i was looking for. You can definitely cancel your subscription through the site.