As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CF PbP Gaming Index

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Sign-ups are ongoing for the Wiz-War Tournament featuring The Pit

Game assignments will be made on the 19th and games will start on the 20th.

Right now we have a minimum of 3 games in the first round. Once this starts, should I make a thread for each game, or try to keep it all in one thread?

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Probably no issue with having a different thread for each game. Might be confusing if you put them all in the same thread, especially if they're running concurrently.

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    And I keep forgetting to mention that Game 66 of Chaos in the Old World has begun, with:

Tayrun as Khorne
    Overhamsteren as Nurgle
    doldari as Tzeentch
    Salvation122 as Slaanesh
    MrBody as The Horned Rat

blahmcblah wrote:
    Probably no issue with having a different thread for each game. Might be confusing if you put them all in the same thread, especially if they're running concurrently.
    That's what I was thinking. Didn't know if I would be cluttering up the forum, though.

• DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    ObiFett wrote:
    blahmcblah wrote:
    That's what I was thinking. Didn't know if I would be cluttering up the forum, though.

That's what this forum is for; don't worry about potentially cluttering it up.

For your own sanity, though, you might not want to run more than a couple of the games at a time. Unless you decide to do things through handtracker where we can draw our own cards as needed.

Darian on
    Darian wrote:
    ObiFett wrote:
    blahmcblah wrote:

That's what this forum is for; don't worry about potentially cluttering it up.

For your own sanity, though, you might not want to run more than a couple of the games at a time. Unless you decide to do things through handtracker where we can draw our own cards as needed.

I think you underestimate the amount of free time (at work and home) that I have to do this. 3-4 games of Wiz-War at a time will be a piece of cake. For me, all I have to do is update the map and deal out new cards. And if I have time I really want to do a witty write-up explanation of what happens each turn.

Having read the rules, handtracker is a bit more complex for Wiz War, as well. You'd need a different deck for each game, essentially, depending on which cards they decide to use.
    (Though I guess you could make a mega deck, label the cards by type and instruct players to just discard everything that shouldn't be in play.)

• FelixSomethingSomethingFelixSomethingSomething Registered User regular
    BSG Exodus Game 11 is now accepting signups, players will be chosen at midnight on Tuesday

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Twilight Imperium Game 4 has ended in a Jol-Nar victory after four months, at a blistering one round per month pace.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Moved a bunch of stuff (letter R-Z) into the second post, giving me enough room to fully update the list for CitOW, BSG, and Wiz War.

As long as you're updating stuff...

BSG Exodus 9 was also a victory for the Cylon Leader. Dungeon Lords Game 2 is ongoing (although not for much longer), and CitOW 55 ended in a Khorne victory. Also, why does CitOW 64 have an asterisk? 66 is the first with a Bloodletter nerf (67 is sorta nerfed and 68 probably will be).

Fixed! (I think.) Thanks for checking over that.

edited February 2012
    @Grey_Chocolate is recruiting players for a GURPS system PbP game; check out the thread if you are interested in playing (setting/theme will be as agreed upon by participants and the GM)
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/156212

Darian on
    CitOW Game 64 has ended in a Khorne VP victory.

Dungeon Lords Game 2 has ended with a very close win for Tayrun.

• CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    CitOW Game 61 needs updating with a Tzeentch VP victory

Cerberus on
  • artadiusartadius Registered User regular
    BSG Game 25 has ended in a Cylon victory.

Moderating BSG Game 25
  • stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    CitOW Game 63 has ended in a Nurgle VP victory by Styyx.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
    @Icerimp is currently recruiting for an Eclipse PbP!

Game 60: GM stever777; fizzled

or not.

• FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    4E Keep on the Shadowfell is now recruiting. Deadline for submissions is Saturday, March 10 at midnight EST.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • FelixSomethingSomethingFelixSomethingSomething Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    BSG Exodus Game 11 has ended in a Cylon Victory, Cylon Leader Failure. stever777 was eliminated at Crossroads, but he was a toaster so really I think he feels he won anyway

FelixSomethingSomething on
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Cards Against Humanity is a game that is kind of like Apples to Apples, only you're figuring out whether "being on fire" or "getting so angry that you pop a boner" is the funniest fit for the card "War! What is it good for?"

CitOW Game 66 has ended in a Tzeentch VP victory.

Also updated CitOW Game 57's victory for Slaanesh and added games 69 and 70.

• IcerimpIcerimp Registered User regular
    Recruiting for WH40K Dark Heresy. New players welcome.

CitOW Game 60 has ended in a Tzeentch VP victory by jakobagger.

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    I've put up a thread for Rex: Fall of an Empire, a reimplementation of the classic boardgame Dune.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    If one were interested in running a new iteration of a board game (Horus Heresy) should one ask for permission in here first, or just link the thread?

Just link the thread as an announcement. Chaos is the only game that is run at all formally, and even for it you can certainly run games outside our regular structure if you want to.

• FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    There is now a thread for a new game of Horus Heresy. Which is now taking signups.

Farangu on
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Sending the feelers out for a game of Ikusa.

forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/22730478#Comment_22730478

Damn, I'm Jonsing real bad for a game of REX, and I've never played before! Will bear child of whoever can host a 2nd game.

• StyyxStyyx Registered User regular
    I've noticed that, while A Game of Thrones has been played on this board before, there hasn't been a single person who's attempted to host a second edition game.

How difficult would it be for a first time hoster to set this up?

I can't even find any previous games of Game of Thrones here. Searching for it just brings up mentions in this thread.

Any links to that or the online app? I'd even be up for hosting a game myself.

From the OP (alphabetical list, ignoring the articles "the" or "a", so it's under G for Game):
    Darian wrote:
    A Game of Thrones - area control set in George R.R. Martin's fantasy world
    Game 1: GM Hermenegilde; completed
    Game 2: GM Hermenegilde; fizzled
    Game 3: GM Mordenthral; completed
    Game 4: GM Mordenthral; fizzled

Recently, there have been some games organized in the Social Entropy++ Game of Thrones thread:
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/156691/game-of-assholes-season-2-the-night-is-dark-and-full-of-spoilers/p36
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Go here.
    http://sovereign.public.is/

The game name is a Dance of Dongs 2

So I'm looking to host a GoT 2nd edition game, and I have all the materials except some of the decks aren't in hand tracker but I could easily input them in a new template.

What's the proper protocol to making a template public? Can anyone just do it with decks they input?

Yes, sir.
    When you create a new one, there's a click for public or not.

Also, someone created Game of Thrones - Deck I, II & III on Hand Tracker.
    Not sure if they're 2ed or not, or if there's even a difference.

Good luck on the run, MrB!

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    There are significant differences between the Westeros decks of the two editions. The house cards are almost entirely different. The Westeros decks on Handtracker right now are the old versions.

edited April 2012
    Okay. So I just type them in and make them public? Was just wondering if there was some rule to keep just anyone from wondering in and spamming decks.

If not I'll get started on that tonight and start gathering image resources. I figure just go with simple photoshop for the board updates.

If I'm reading those old GoT games right, the host was also playing via password protected order files? Is that still an option because I'd sure love to play too and it's not like there's a bunch of other GoT hosts to wait for another game.

MrBody on