As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OLD [STEAM] Thread: CLOSE ME

1939495969799»

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    I tried to uninstall the ME3 demo yesterday. It just brings up my systems own add/remove hardware. Wha?
    Yup. That's Origin's interface for uninstalling games.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    ExcisionExcision Old Sport Registered User regular
    @Elbasunu Yeah...Origin does that...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I'd rather they did that then try to cobble together something of their own. Can you imagine? *shudder*

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    50% off Blade Kitten.

Have this on XBLA, really like it.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    50% off Blade Kitten.

Interesting disparity in reviews. Eurogamer thought it was great while other people thought otherwise.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    there was a lot of love for it in chat during the last mega sale and a lot of us enjoyed the demo. I thought it was good. I didn't bite on it though because of budget at the time but it's fun.

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Taramoor wrote: »
    50% off Blade Kitten.

Interesting disparity in reviews. Eurogamer thought it was great while other people thought otherwise.

They also gave Mafia 2 4/10. What? The game is decent, a 7/10 is probably in order. (That translates to me as a C, even though it deserves higher).

• Options
    kaliakalia Registered User regular
    Blade Kitten daily! Errybody buy it!

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    there was a lot of love for it in chat during the last mega sale and a lot of us enjoyed the demo. I thought it was good. I didn't bite on it though because of budget at the time but it's fun.

I got kind of hooked on it when they demoed it at PAX a couple of years ago. Picked it up almost immediately afterward.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    I just bought Costume Quest and I really wished it used the mouse, but it's all keyboard. I'm sucking at the battles because I keep hitting the wrong keys. Apparently I need to go back to high school and retake auto typing. I'm really glad I ordered a controller off amazon a couple days ago now.

If you have a wired Xbox Controller you can use it and it will work easily. That's how I played it.

That's actually what I ordered, so good to know. Amazon had them on sale for 30 with free shipping so I grabbed one.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    I dont want the sims 3. I didnt really like the sims 2. Nor the sims.

But its only 10$.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular

But its only 10$.

Steam has made cheap.

I've turned down games that I've wanted for 10 dollars.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Did Stacking port over to PC okay? Man, Double Fine certainly can do "adorable."

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    symbolsorsymbolsor Registered User regular
    I've actually had Sims 3 for a while now but this is a pretty good time to share this since it's on sale.

Trent Reznor, Perfect Drug era.
    ?.png

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Okay. Now I KNOW steam is fucking with me. blade kitten the daily today? C'mon steam. Gimme a break.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options

But its only 10$.

They did add more to do in 3 but if you didn't like the others, I'd skip it.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Did Stacking port over to PC okay? Man, Double Fine certainly can do "adorable."

I'm about a third of the way through the game and it runs just fine.

Granted, I'm using a control pad so I dunno how the KBAM controls are.

• Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    I tried to uninstall the ME3 demo yesterday. It just brings up my systems own add/remove hardware. Wha?

I still can't get over how they don't auto-patch games, nor even TELL YOU that a patch is available. I played ME3 for a few hours last night, and it wasn't until afterwards that I realized there was a 40MB patch (not that it told me what it does).

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Vegan wrote: »

I still can't get over how they don't auto-patch games, nor even TELL YOU that a patch is available. I played ME3 for a few hours last night, and it wasn't until afterwards that I realized there was a 40MB patch (not that it told me what it does).

But don't the games' individual launchers do that instead?

• Options
    SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular

But its only 10$.

If you didn't like the first two, the third one isn't going to change your mind.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Remember, when Steam was first released, it was the buggy, unreliable piece of crap you had to use to play Half-Life 2.

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular

I think there is an option for auto update now? But it certainly didn't update my game, even though I had it on.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    For $5? Why not.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    Remember, when Steam was first released, it was the buggy, unreliable piece of crap you had to use to play Half-Life 2.

I remember people being fucking PISSED that they had to install steam to play HL2. and then, on launch day, it seemed like no one could actually download the game.

how times changed. I went to go buy Binary Domain on my PS3 last night. Popped into the PSN store... not there. Hmm. So I turned on my Xbox 360, looked in its store. Not there either. I asked in the video game industry thread, and they said it normally takes games months or even years to get on these stores after they've been released. I'm so used to day-1 downloads. Steam has spoiled me.

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular

I always hear about this, but I never experienced it. I was on steam day one, and I never had an issue.

I downloaded stuff at a million whatsits a second, and played CS no problem.

And Origin isn't buggy. It's just lacking.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Could someone rekindle my memory of Blade Kitten? I know it was popular here before but mobile network is poor so I can't read the article for it.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular

that actually makes me laugh because it always reminds me of EA telling us they didn't like how steam interfered with their ability to deliver updates to us, the consumer.

• Options

that actually makes me laugh because it always reminds me of EA telling us they didn't like how steam interfered with their ability to deliver updates to us, the consumer.

Well, it does. Like I said, EA games patch through the launcher, not through Origin. EA games gotten off Steam have a different launcher that doesn't have the option to update so you have to wait for Steam to get the patch and push it out.

Steam's way is world's better obviously but EA's not completely wrong in their whinging.

• Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    Who's starting the new thread?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular

While that may be true, I don't think it's a very fair analogy to compare the struggles of a novel service to one that should have been able to use the lessons learned from the progenitor.

• Options
    1-2-3 NOT IT

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Wow already at 99 pages, it only took us... a month! We really need a new sale sometime soon!
    Or not, still soooo many games to play!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Suds wrote: »
    Who's starting the new thread?

Done.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/156830/steam-thread-once-more-with-feeling

Go to there.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
This discussion has been closed.