As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Eclipse - New Dawn for the Galaxy - Terran Union/Segatai victory

IcerimpIcerimp Registered User regular
edited May 2012 in Critical Failures
First Round turn order (plays clockwise):

SeGaTai - Terran Union
Darian - Terran Directorate
Endaro - Terran Alliance
Lykouragh - Terran Republic
blahmcblah - Hydran Progress
Tayrun - Mechanema

Galaxy Map

Tech Board
snmiN.jpg
Military - Neutron Bombs, 2x Starbase, Plasma Cannon, 2x Advanced Mining, Gluon Computer
Grid - 2x Gauss Shield, Improved Hull, Tachyon Drive, Quantum Grid
Nano - Nanorobots, 2x Fusion Drive, Orbital, Advanced Labs, 2x Monolith, Artifact Key

Player Reference
Page 1 and Page 2

To take an action, please use the following format: (Hex number), (Action) (Cardinal Direction if applicable).
Examples:
231, Explore NW
227, Move Interceptor SW

Terran Union to start.

Icerimp on

• IcerimpIcerimp Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Player Boards

SeGaTai - Terran Union
    Rvx7H.jpg

Darian - Terran Directorate
    2o2zq.jpg

Endaro - Terran Alliance
    mlAbO.jpg

Lykouragh - Terran Republic
    6tS0B.jpg

blahmcblah - Hydran Progress
    1eKe9.jpg

Tayrun - Mechanema
    DnEMn.jpg

Icerimp on
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Well I've read over the rules, and have a limited at best understanding of what to do, though no idea what someone capable might do with their turn. So in the spirit of the Terran Union we will strike out to meet our neighbors.

Hex 225-Explore SW

PSN SeGaTai
  • LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    The names of the players for an example in this game are Alastair, Ken, Iain, and Vernor.

I think I'm in love!

The heroic soldiers of the Republic stand ready!

edited March 2012
    Explore Result
    xrgtn.png

Hex has 1 ancient ship and 1 discovery tile. It is worth 2 VP for holding, and has an artifact. It has one orange slot, one advanced brown slot, and one wild slot.

If you want to place it, let me know what direction you want the current north edge to face. So 'sw' would mean I'd rotate it two times left, so the top wormhole would be pointing at the southwest edge.

Icerimp on
    Place it NE, rotating north edge once to the right if I follow you.

PSN SeGaTai
    edited March 2012
    Updated galaxy map & green board.

Terran Directorate is up.

Icerimp on
    edited March 2012
    I wasn't satisfied that you'd all have to wait for me to respond to an explore command, so I made a few templates on Handtracker with all of the hexes divided into the inner, middle, and outer systems, for whichever ring you're exploring. If you're going to play the hex, keep it in your hand, that way anything discarded can eventually be reshuffled if needed.

I could find everyone to add except for Endaro. Do you have a handtracker account?

Icerimp on
    Nice job icerimp

PSN SeGaTai
    <3

• EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Icerimp wrote: »
    I wasn't satisfied that you'd all have to wait for me to respond to an explore command, so I made a few templates on Handtracker with all of the hexes divided into the inner, middle, and outer systems, for whichever ring you're exploring. If you're going to play the hex, keep it in your hand, that way anything discarded can eventually be reshuffled if needed.

I could find everyone to add except for Endaro. Do you have a handtracker account?

Nope, guess I should make one!

Edit: Made one, same name as here.

Endaro on
    edited March 2012
    @Darian
    Terran Directorate is up.

Icerimp on
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    Sorry about the delay; forgot to bookmark this thread.

Hex 221 Explore NW. Draw a middle system tile.

abbKf.png - 205: Orange, Advanced Orange, Advanced Pink, 1 VP

Rotate and place so that the middle warp leads back to 221 (so the original north becomes NW). Place an influence marker on it.

Oh, I should also Flip a colony ship to place population on the regular orange slot.

Updated.
    Terran Alliance is up.

edited March 2012
    The Terran Alliance would hate to look like a follower, but shared genes cannot be denied. Apparently Terrans love to explore!

Hex 231, Explore North.

UTfIQ.png
    Hex 201 (Handtracker lists the Hex as 201, but the image it provides indicates 210): 1 Materials, 1 Money, 1 VP.

Rotate 180* and place, making original North now South.
    I guess don't rotate at all, since I have to connect one wormhole and thus the orientation won't matter.
    Place Influence Marker.

Flip two colony ships and place one population on each resource location.

Edit: Updated for changes to hex.

Endaro on
    edited March 2012
    On hold - fixing a handtracker issue.

Icerimp on
    edited March 2012
    Psst, how was that for a turn turnaround? :winky:

Endaro on
    edited March 2012
    Also, I'll fix the typos on the hexes as they pop up. I was doing it earlier through remote desktop, so the resolution was kind of fuzzy. :P

Alright, found my first mistake. Check your hex URL again. It'll be showing the correct one, Endaro. You drew 201, which has the same resources as 210, but different wormhole layout.

Icerimp on
    Alright, that's all taken care of now.

Terran Republic is up.

The bold innovators of the Terran Republic will explore to the NORTH from hex 227!

(Drawing from Inner stack)

Discovering hex 102 xHXG5.png,

and rotating it one right so that current N is NW. Place an influence disk on 102. Flip a colony ship and colonize the basic pink slot.

It seems like the Artifact is used for the "Artifact key" tech and nothing else, is that right?

Also, I am curious about the differences between inner, middle and outer hexes. But I don't think I want spoilers :).

edited March 2012
    There's an excel file on BGG that lists the breakdown of the different piles of hexes. Didn't really look at it too in depth but its out there if your curious.

Also if you rotate that one right doesn't N become NE?

SeGaTai on
    PSN SeGaTai
    Yes NE sorry. I have problems with east and west. Also left and right.

Depends on whether you're moving the top right or the bottom right. (Clockwise or anti-?)

Clockwise! :) I wanted to connect to my home sector, the central sector, the one between me and blue, and black's internal ring. I think the other rotation isn't legal because it doesn't connect to my home sector via wormhole.

Yep, that's right. Artifacts are just used for the artifact key tech.

Hydran Progress is up

Lykouragh wrote: »
    It seems like the Artifact is used for the "Artifact key" tech and nothing else, is that right?

Also, I am curious about the differences between inner, middle and outer hexes. But I don't think I want spoilers :).

I, also being new to the game, had the same question. A good non-spoiler answer I found was a dev-diary by the creator which explained:

Inner sectors have the best resources, but also the highest chance of containing ancient alien ships you have to fight before you can claim them. Middle sectors have less resources, but also fewer ancient ships. The outer hexes are more empty, with the least resources and the least obstacles to claim them.

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Sorry guys, been out of it for the last few days and completely missed the new thread.

Explore SE from 224 discovering hex 207: Discovery, 1 vp

BPDyg.png

Rotate once counter-clockwise so North warp aligns with warp from 224. Place influence disc, pick up discovery tile!

blahmcblah on
    edited March 2012
    Discovery tile is a Flux Shield (2 energy, -3 to hit). Tile can be taken for 2 vp, or the tech can be used immediately in a ship prototype or saved for later.

Mechanema is up.

Icerimp on
  • blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Meh. Take the points.

@Tayrun who may not have this bookmarked yet

PSN SeGaTai
    I was talking with him in a Through the Ages game; been slammed the last couple days but he should have time for us soon.

Hey all, just want to gauge everyone's interest in continuing. I'm still very glad to pick things up again once we're all available.

I'd like to continue, even though I'm pretty sure I've already made a mistake. :P

• TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    Behold! I have emerged from the place of spells and faeries! More precisely, student politics.

The Mechanema will explore a ring II system.

A good find!

Rotate through 180deg. Place. Conquer.

Terran Union is up

Also! How do you all want me to deal with discovery tiles? I went and broadcast to everyone what blue found, which I might have been supposed to keep secret. Want these through pms? Or for me to just post them in the threads?

Maybe I should go and also set up another handtracker template for them.

• TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    I think just PMing them is the best idea.

Hex 225, Explore N

PSN SeGaTai
    ebL3n.png

Place S, rotating 3 times clockwise, Placing influence token and orange bit

PSN SeGaTai
    edited March 2012
    Hex 221 explore NE

edit: Put the wrong number; that was supposed to be my starting hex.

Darian on