As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 03/07/12: Zen Powered by Death Buddhists

TexiKenTexiKen Dammit!That fish really got me!Registered User regular
edited March 2012 in Graphic Violence
The Manhattan Projects #1 is a great story, really recommend it, the US smart guys fight with science while the Japanese smart guys fight with zen, and sentient origami. There's a lot more to it, including Einstein locked in a room trying to figure something out and Oppenheimer having some quirks:
manhattanprojects1b.jpg

manhattanprojects1d.jpg

manhattanprojects1e.jpg

Age of Apocalypse #1, AoA Daredevil is not a nice guy:
ageofapocalypse2-1a.jpg

ageofapocalypse2-1b.jpg

ageofapocalypse2-1c.jpg

TexiKen on

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Shit. I forgot about AoA. I'll have to pick that up.

• Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Amazing Spider-Man #681 Spider-Man and the Human Torch use their powers for an emergency landing
    2zM5k.jpg
    ltZjt.jpg

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #8 Miles barely takes out the Ringer (still no webs though!)
    3Ta6v.jpg

Venom #14 First of all the Venom Ghost Riding Rulk is METAL as fuck. Also, ends pretty cleanly for what was a very enjoyable mini-event.
    oRVSE.jpg
    QikFW.jpg

edit
    Action Comics #7 Superman travels to space for the first time!
    TDx2N.jpg
    c1n3B.jpg

UltimateInferno on
    "Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    someone needs to find superman some unstable molecules

• Options
    ArrynArryn Ask not the Innkeeper For destiny is thy name!Registered User regular
    I love the "zoom vision" bit. Dunno if I find it campy or cool. Maybe both.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Venom #14 First of all the Venom Ghost Riding Rulk is METAL as fuck. Also, ends pretty cleanly for what was a very enjoyable mini-event.

OK.

First of all: Venom Ghost Riding Rulk. That is amazing. I can understand how you can dump the symbiote on Rulk, but how does Ghost Rider get in on this?

Second: Venom didn't really grip me with its first couple of issues, so I didn't keep buying it. This mini-event looks really awesome, though; I wonder if it'll be collected in trade.

• Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Rulk takes the symbiote and the spirt of vengeance.

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Spider-Man was Amazing

Venom and Defenders were good too

Winter Soldier #3
    doom_scan.png
    Doom

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Dr Doom is the best comic book villain ever

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I like how the Council of Infinite Reeds implies that in every reality, Doom is the most dangerous person in the universe

Galactus, Thanos, Annihilus, Ultron, The Phoenix, etc
    Forget those guys
    Doom is the one you should be worried about

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    The Boys #64 didn't have a "MotW" per say but it did have a fascinating character bit...
    Black Noir might be the real threat in the series, NOT Homelander.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Turambar wrote: »
    I like how the Council of Infinite Reeds implies that in every reality, Doom is the most dangerous person in the universe

Galactus, Thanos, Annihilus, Ultron, The Phoenix, etc
    Forget those guys
    Doom is the one you should be worried about

I know the Council said every Doom was evil

But I don't trust them one bit

So I was wondering if we would see hero Doom at some point

Don't think that will happen now, it's too late in the game, I think, but it did cross my mind earlier in the series

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I'd like to see a charismatic Dr.Doom who is still evil but everyone loves him so they don't mind him running the world.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    So I was wondering if we would see hero Doom at some point
    Doom 2099 was a hero, wasn't he?

As I understood from the series, he's kind of the hero right now, isn't he? "All hope rests in Doom" and all that business?

• Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Green Arrow #7
    GA makes a tiny bow and arrow out of leaves from a potted plant, and then knocks over the coolest cocktail umbrella ever.
    GreenArrow7010.jpg

Animal Man #7
    Also, Animal Woman was awesome.
    016.jpg

Tairu on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    my motw was getting a 1997 trade of Scud the Disposable Assassin for 2 bucks and tax

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    The Age of Apocalypse art is pretty nifty.

Who's Prophet btw?

• Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    I don't know how Manhattan Projects went completely under my radar, but I'll be ordering a copy based off those scans.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    i take my motw back
    i just read Daytripper

holy shit

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Fear Itself: The Fearless #10 had a really cool last page reveal...
    Sin gathers all (or most?) of the hammers and awakens a giant Destroyer with a mace comprising of said hammers.

Fear Itself may have fallen of the rails by the end but it did produce some good stuff like this.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    noir_blood wrote: »
    The Age of Apocalypse art is pretty nifty.

Who's Prophet btw?
    William Stryker

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Hensler wrote: »
    I don't know how Manhattan Projects went completely under my radar, but I'll be ordering a copy based off those scans.

Yeah, the line containing the thread title pretty much did it for me by itself.

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    The art in AoA is absolutely gorgeous.

• Options
    Age of Apocalypse #1, Venom #14, Defenders #4, Winter Soldier #3 and Action Comics #7 were all fantastic this week.

Hard to choose my favourite one. Defenders was great but was a more low-key kind of issue that was more about Strange as a person and so on, very enjoyable and interesting. Action Comics was really good and I continue to like Morrison's young Superman. Zoom Vision was a great touch. Winter Soldier continues to hold my interest and I loved seeing DOOM unleash some ownage. AoA was also a very good intro issue, Prophet is a very cool take on an alternate universe Stryker.

But I think Venom has to win this week for me. Great ending, I really liked how Red Hulk ended up totally coming around to Venom's side, but just overall a great ending to a great little mini-event.

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    I love how Fraction is getting across this plot idea of something escaping from the Concordance Engine through the introductory matter.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Avenger's Academy was really fun this week, it had it's bumps, but otherwise was just a really fun Runaways/Academy crossover. Will try and make/find some scans.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    manjimanji Registered User regular
    King City trade and Orc Stain #7 this week. Orc Stain was excellent as always, just wish it'd come out faster.

For those of you not picking up the re-tooled Prophet it's well worth a look. Like Orc Stain there's just so much going on on every page, you're pretty much just drinking it in.

• Options
    VermisVermis Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    My motw's a different part of Animal Man:
    animan001.jpg
    animan002.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Also, Swamp Thing's return, and Hulk. Can't remember the last time Rulk beat on somebody without getting worfed or almost killed...

No Venom for me this week, or that might've made it in too.

Vermis on
    rulksig.jpg
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Why wouldn't you get venom this week?

• Options
    VermisVermis Registered User regular
    Because it wasn't in my pull box, on the shelf, or in the back. :cry:

rulksig.jpg
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »

Just a word of warning, the cover has leaky ink. While handling the issue the ink lifted into my palm and left a palm print on the cover.

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    B:L wrote: »
    Gaslight wrote: »

Just a word of warning, the cover has leaky ink. While handling the issue the ink lifted into my palm and left a palm print on the cover.

Me too. Great line art got ruined by a line of fingerprints from here to there.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I was busy so didn't get a chance to get any til now, and could only really do one part, but it had a bunch of just fun little moments

From Avengers Academy 27, Molly meets Mettle for the first time.
    MollyvsMettle.jpg

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Her face in the panel is really bad. She also has oragutan arms.

Second panel is ace though.