As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] SPOILER ALL ME3 DISCUSSION. ALL OF IT. DON'T ARGUE ABOUT DLC

• jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Dr. Worm wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »
    First thing I did once I had control of the Normandy was do the DLC mission.
    I was not disappointed.

Edit: although..whose fucking idea was it to put the identity of the squadmate on the leaflet that has the DLC code on it?
    I mean..seriously. Thanks for the spoilers, EA.

Yeah, I got burned by this too. Pissed me off mightily.

Forget the leaflet, the artbook has no qualms about "hey so this lastboss..." within 9 pages.

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    So uhh, if my effective military strength bar is completely full and green (6220 total, 3110 useable)...am I done with war assets? Would having a higher readiness rating do anything more or would it have simply gotten me to this point faster?
    Usable is the pertinent number. You need 5000 points for the "best" ending. And that requires multiplayer

• Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    hrrmm, the bar is kind of misleading then, if even while it's full you're not really maxed out.

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • areaarea Registered User regular
    Within seconds of putting the disc - which arrived a day early - into my Xbox, it RRODs.

Un-fucking-believable.

• Dr. WormDr. Worm Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    So uhh, if my effective military strength bar is completely full and green (6220 total, 3110 useable)...am I done with war assets? Would having a higher readiness rating do anything more or would it have simply gotten me to this point faster?
    Usable is the pertinent number. You need 5000 points for the "best" ending. And that requires multiplayer

That's also annoying. I thought Hudson, Taky and friends assured us that the "best" ending was attainable solely through solo play?

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    jeddy lee wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »
    First thing I did once I had control of the Normandy was do the DLC mission.
    I was not disappointed.

Edit: although..whose fucking idea was it to put the identity of the squadmate on the leaflet that has the DLC code on it?
    I mean..seriously. Thanks for the spoilers, EA.

Yeah, I got burned by this too. Pissed me off mightily.

Forget the leaflet, the artbook has no qualms about "hey so this lastboss..." within 9 pages.

Heh, yes, definitely DO NOT read the ME3 art book if you want to remain spoiler-less.

That said, if you haven't guessed whom the last boss will be by now, Kasumi Goto would like to talk to you about a safe place to invest your college fund.

• Drunk_caterpillarDrunk_caterpillar Registered User regular

That's also annoying. I thought Hudson, Taky and friends assured us that the "best" ending was attainable solely through solo play?

That said, I was able to achieve 100% readiness through multiplayer only by using the free 2 days of Gold that they give you in the limited edition, soooooo... Yeah.

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Anybody else having a lot of faces in cutscenes be in complete shadow?

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

That said, I was able to achieve 100% readiness through multiplayer only by using the free 2 days of Gold that they give you in the limited edition, soooooo... Yeah.

I think you can do it SP only, but you need to do literally all of the things ever. Like 100% every system and basically every single quest in the entire game.

Which I'm not sure is actually feasible at all, so yeah, you have to do MP.

Which is obnoxious and annoys me because I can't just not have the good ending but fucking seriously Bioware? Ugh. Yeah yeah, dead horse, beating it, etc.

Anyway, I think my Adept has fired my gun like...3 times? In the entire course of a few hours of combat? Biotic combos are just sooo tasty, especially if you're at low weight so you have +200% recharge speed. I don't have any abilities higher than a 2.2 second cooldown :D

Love the new shockwave, and love that you can set up combos on shielded/armored opponents using Warp (or Stasis too on shielded opponents). Want to try Vanguard, but don't want to start replaying again because I have so much game left on my Adept. I think this game is the best iteration in the series so far, by a long shot.

3cl1ps3 on
  • RaziaRazia Sword and Shield Registered User regular
    area wrote: »
    Within seconds of putting the disc - which arrived a day early - into my Xbox, it RRODs.

Un-fucking-believable.

Oh, damn. Sorry dude.

blondeshep.jpg
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Rizzi wrote: »
    So, let us discuss DLC. Namely, how much of it is there, and how do I obtain it?

The DLC adds a mission which
    involves finding a new squad member. Similar to Zaeed in ME2, you can do this mission quite early in the game, thus giving you some additional squad muscle for the opening missions.

You can purchase the DLC with 800 (I think) Origin points. Click on "Downloadable Content" in the ME3 main menu which will start Origin ingame.

• wiltingwilting I had fun once and it was awful Registered User regular
    Dammit I thought that last boss spoiler in the art book wasn't a real spoiler because the way the text referred to it implied they chose something else (I closed the book straight away upon getting to the page). You guys just spoiled me...

• RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Rizzi wrote: »
    So, let us discuss DLC. Namely, how much of it is there, and how do I obtain it?

The DLC adds a mission which
    involves finding a new squad member. Similar to Zaeed in ME2, you can do this mission quite early in the game, thus giving you some additional squad muscle for the opening missions.

You can purchase the DLC with 800 (I think) Origin points. Click on "Downloadable Content" in the ME3 main menu which will start Origin ingame.

So that's where they're hiding the DLC. Thanks.

• Dr. WormDr. Worm Registered User regular

I thought about using the 2 day gold pass to bang out a bunch of multi now and play the rest of the game, but apparently if I do that my galactic readiness will decline over time if I'm not online. So I guess I'll have to do it towards the endgame.

• relgrelg Registered User new member
    edited March 2012
    wilting wrote: »

The value of the Citadel is as more than a relay, they can use it to control the relay network, it is naturally the hub for galactic civilization enabling them to cut off the head in one fell swoop and gather all the information on the civilization of the current cycle. It would have been a completely crippling surprise attack, as opposed to a mostly crippling less surprising attack. They can still get to the galaxy by conventional ftl, it just took them between 2 and 3 years to do so. See Arrival DLC, Shepard was able to delay them by a few months.
    By destroying the first relay they were going to reach

Okay, that clears it up, I'll look into that DLC, thanks!

relg on
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Speaking of the DLC - squadmate spoilers (not related to DLC squadmate):
    I brought Liara (you have to) and EDI. Got a great interaction between the two...

EDI: "So Liara, have you ever found any dinosaur bones?"
    Liara: "No, that would be paleontology... I only study ancient civilizations..... and I just realized you're joking."
    EDI: "No, I'm not joking. A joke has a specific structure it has to follow..... I'm just messing with you"

<3 EDI
    Vega say, "Lady. I just like dinosaurs.

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    The Quarian/Geth missions.

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    "Good ending" I laugh every time I read some say that.

"I need to get the good ending! Oh yeah!" and then they see what actually happens and they just break.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    Re: DLC responders - I guess what I mean is, I heard that the character is a part of the campaign, correct? When would you see them if you do? Or was I just misinformed?

edited March 2012
    The DLC
    squadmember is very well done so far as he slowly but surely breaks down everything that Liara had naiively assumed about the Protheans, who were essentially a bunch of mean, ruthless bastards.

I've only taken Vengeance on one mission so far but he was pretty danged effective, especially those Lift Grenades, which bodyslam Cerberus Guardians like ragdolls. I'm still fairly early in the game, is he one of the heavy hitters I will be bringing every chance I can ? I assume that he replaces Wrex as the tough guy good with both guns and biotics ?

Fairchild on
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    gold pass?
    what's this.

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    edited March 2012
    Klyka wrote: »

"I need to get the good ending! Oh yeah!" and then they see what actually happens and they just break.

Should this kind of talk even be tolerated? Should it be considered a spoiler to color someone's expectations of the ending one way or the other?

Alucard6986 on
  • Trimble87Trimble87 Registered User regular

Should this kind of talk even be tolerated? Should it be considered a spoiler to color someone's expectations of the ending one way or the other?

I agree completely with this. PLEASE spoiler any thoughts, discussion, opinions on the ending. FFS

With "good ending" I am referring to the "100% ending" which doesn't really exist.
    I'm not saying "good" as in "happy end".

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Did he just abbreviate, for fuck sake?

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Klyka is worse than three Hitlers, more at eleven.

9KmX8eN.jpg
    Pff, at least I am not Ashley "Space Hitler" Williams.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    I've bought a few Spectre packs in ME3 multiplayer and they do give you Gold unlocks almost every time. I unlocked a Krogan Soldier, Drell Adept, Quarian Engineer, the Claymore and the Revenant in the few packs that I got last night. I also got a perk that lets me carry 3 Medi-Gels instead of 2. So yeah, there seems like there is better stuff in the more expensive Spectre pack. I also bought some Veteran packs, and they only had silver unlocks, like mid-tier weapons and upgrades.

Diablo 3 | Sneakman#1625 | S9 Multishot Demon Hunter
  • FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    I don't know why anyone would be mad about "having to" play multiplayer. It's fun. I thought the idea was stupid when I first heard it but then I played the demo and now I'm still playing it in release. Probably gets less fun once you've unlocked everything but it doesn't take much to jack your score up to 100%.

Really the only bad thing about multiplayer is the matchmaking is still kind of shitty, though it's way better than it was in the demo.

MOBA DOTA.
  • SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    FightTest wrote: »
    I don't know why anyone would be mad about "having to" play multiplayer. It's fun. I thought the idea was stupid when I first heard it but then I played the demo and now I'm still playing it in release. Probably gets less fun once you've unlocked everything but it doesn't take much to jack your score up to 100%.

Really the only bad thing about multiplayer is the matchmaking is still kind of shitty, though it's way better than it was in the demo.

These are my thoughts exactly. Playing just 1 round of multiplayer on Bronze got me +4% Galactic Readiness last night, so it's not like you have to grind for hours to significantly improve your rating. A completed round on Bronze takes around 22 minutes or so. I've only played 2 main story missions in ME3 and my GR rating is 68%, just from playing multiplayer. And the multiplayer is really fun! The matchmaking is improved over the demo and I've had no problems getting into 4-player games. Even with random pubbies, it's a lot of fun, and I recommend everyone give it a try, especially if you haven't boosted GR to 100% in single player.

Diablo 3 | Sneakman#1625 | S9 Multishot Demon Hunter
    edited March 2012
    well, you can't boost readiness at all in single player though

readiness is multiplayer/ios only

Alucard6986 on
  • ShaggyShaggy Registered User regular
    Question about the Rachni
    What happens on that mission with Grunt if you didn't save the Rachni? Are there no Racni in the game at all then?

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    well, you can't boost readiness at all in single player though

readiness is multiplayer/ios only

And that would frustrate me a lot if multiplayer wasn't so goddamned fun. But thankfully, it is. It's one of those "you made a bad decision but it worked out OK for most of us so we're a lot less angry" things.

• akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Speaking of ios, I'm enjoying Infiltrator on the train rides home, but I kind of suck at the controls.
    I can handle them well enough for the general fights but
    Not sure how far into the game this is, it could be the end for all I know, 2nd boss.
    I'm having a heck of a time beating the Brute. He has an attack with mines that will drop me immediately if I cant get away and I always end up stuck in an aiming view as he does it. I made it to the 2nd phase of the fight once and was really bummed to find out I had to redo the fight from the start when I died. I'm not speedy enough on those controls to handle him being in my face.

I like the multiplayer, don't get me wrong, but I still dislike the implementation of the whole galaxy at war system

• Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Is there a way I can solo some multiplayer mode to boost my readiness? I have a satellite connection, so I can't really do online multiplayer without ruining the experience for everybody else in the round.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    I think you can create a match and just launch it without anyone else joined.

bronze and silver are definitely soloable, but it takes a lot longer

• wiltingwilting I had fun once and it was awful Registered User regular
    Is there a way I can solo some multiplayer mode to boost my readiness? I have a satellite connection, so I can't really do online multiplayer without ruining the experience for everybody else in the round.

Just create a private match, don't invite anybody.

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Pff, at least I am not Ashley "Space Hitler" Williams.

Fair point. She's the worst.

9KmX8eN.jpg
This discussion has been closed.