As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[East] PAX East Parties

• zombiechronzombiechron Zebesian Mind Smuggler Miskatonic UniveristyRegistered User regular
    I strongly wonder where the parties on Sunday will be. I can't miss the concerts.

ZILTOID
  • KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Namco Bandai has a mobile game coming out (Rocket Fox) that will be demo'ed at East. Destructoid is teaming up with them to throw a party someplace at some time (descriptive, I know). Hamza from Dtoid says more details are coming soon.
    http://www.destructoid.com/new-alien-confidential-rocket-fox-games-comics-coming-223228.phtml

Nice! Thanks for the heads-up!

Ln5yLL7.png
  • KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    Is this for after-hours parties, or are things like the coin lunch mid-day friday valid? (we will has liquor and fish and madness. MADNESS I TELL YOU.)

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
    edited March 2012
    Kiashien wrote: »
    Is this for after-hours parties, or are things like the coin lunch mid-day friday valid? (we will has liquor and fish and madness. MADNESS I TELL YOU.)

I'd like to keep this thread reserved for after-hours parties, or at least parties put on by companies, not individual get-togethers. If that makes sense!

Krissta on
    Ln5yLL7.png
  • MrGone1980MrGone1980 Registered User regular
    Hey Kiashien, what's the coin lunch?

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod

that's not really a party though, considering it's intended for coin distribution

Krissta wrote: »

I'd like to keep this thread reserved for after-hours parties, or at least parties put on by companies, not individual get-togethers. If that makes sense!

Makes sense, just was making sure!

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
    MrGone1980 wrote: »
    Hey Kiashien, what's the coin lunch?

I'll pm you.

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    btw, the brattle theater, where the scott pilgrim/rock band thing is happening, typically sells beer with their concessions. it's also an extremely awesome independent theater that is mostly staffed by interns and volunteers, so go support the brattle!

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
    @tvethiopia: anything else you can tell me about the Brattle? was thinking about maybe going - i love the movie but i love the comics more. i'm not very experienced with Rock Band. Is the venue chill, lot of seating, is there an actual "bar" type area or what?

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    MrGone1980 wrote: »
    @tvethiopia: anything else you can tell me about the Brattle? was thinking about maybe going - i love the movie but i love the comics more. i'm not very experienced with Rock Band. Is the venue chill, lot of seating, is there an actual "bar" type area or what?

It's actually a pretty small place (maybe 100 seats, if that?) Small screen, but for $15 it should be a really fun time.

And my friend is going too who can't play Rock Band for shit, but he'll make it fun for himself in some way I'm sure by making an ass of himself lol.

ok i might bite then. i'm still kicking myself for not getting that awesome scott pilgrim game print at the Oni booth last year (didn't know how I'd get it home safely...yeah, yeah i should've fedexed it...).

drinking + scott pilgrim seems like a recipe for a pretty awesome time. anybody going to the tabletop gaming thing on thursday? i don't really know how to play a lot of these games but i think a few drinks in it sounds like a great way to kick off PAX.

• tortured3tortured3 Registered User regular
    I plan on attending the Harmonix Scott Pilgrim/Rock Band party.

grym & kvlt
  • PurpleBekPurpleBek Manchester, EnglandRegistered User regular
    I also plan to attend the Scott pilgrim rock band night with + 2 maybe 3. What's the best way to get there from Huntington ave area?

pax%20sig.png
  • KailKail Keeper of Awesomeness WMASSRegistered User regular
    For all you Starcraft 2 fans out there. I know Boston Barcraft is trying to get something going or someone else due to IPL happening the same time as PAX. If i hear more i will post it.

PAXEast 2013 Status - [] 3-day badge [] Hotel [] Challenge Coin
    VP of 5x5Servers.com
  • Got Haggis?Got Haggis? Registered User regular
    There is a Hawken Party at Jillian's - Friday 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM - although it's invite only.

• ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    There is a Hawken Party at Jillian's - Friday 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM - although it's invite only.

And by invite only, he means you go to their eventbrite page and send the host a message.

1EAFQ.gif
  • lucazzolucazzo Registered User regular
    PurpleBek wrote: »
    I also plan to attend the Scott pilgrim rock band night with + 2 maybe 3. What's the best way to get there from Huntington ave area?

Huntington Ave is *quite long*. Still, the first way that comes to mind is: Go to Huntington Ave & Mass Ave. A bus runs down Mass Ave, I believe it's the #1. Regardless, it will say "Harvard Sq. via Massachusetts Ave". Take bus, go to Harvard Sq. Get off at last stop, and you'll be within 2 blocks of the theatre.

PAX East '11 Team Squirtle Group B - Professor.
    PAX East '12 Team Totodile Gold - Professor
  • FruhmannFruhmann Registered User regular
    ukiyo e wrote: »

And by invite only, he means you go to their eventbrite page and send the host a message.

so just "hey, i like to drink, eat and party. can i come?"

• Exodus1Exodus1 MarylandRegistered User regular

Sweet, thanks for the link, just signed up!

• PurpleBekPurpleBek Manchester, EnglandRegistered User regular
    lucazzo wrote: »

Huntington Ave is *quite long*. Still, the first way that comes to mind is: Go to Huntington Ave & Mass Ave. A bus runs down Mass Ave, I believe it's the #1. Regardless, it will say "Harvard Sq. via Massachusetts Ave". Take bus, go to Harvard Sq. Get off at last stop, and you'll be within 2 blocks of the theatre.

ah yes sorry I should of specified I'm staying at the Sheraton so back bay end. But thanks for the info :)

pax%20sig.png
  • ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    Fruhmann wrote: »

Well, they would probably appreciate it if you expressed some enthusiasm for their game as well. Especially since Hawken looks f'n amazing.

1EAFQ.gif
  • Exodus1Exodus1 MarylandRegistered User regular
    Fruhmann wrote: »

Well, they would probably appreciate it if you expressed some enthusiasm for their game as well. Especially since Hawken looks f'n amazing.

Haha, yea, an "I like to party" prolly won't get you in. Go watch the gameplay trailer, then send your request. A fast-paced battlemech game? Whaaaaa?

• TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular

Oh sweet, thanks for that link. Been waiting for a mech resurgence, and after the 2-3 trailers/gameplay vids I've seen for Hawken; it is definitely on my watch list. On the other hand, I'd like to hear something on how their item mall will work...

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Kail wrote: »
    For all you Starcraft 2 fans out there. I know Boston Barcraft is trying to get something going or someone else due to IPL happening the same time as PAX. If i hear more i will post it.

Oh this would be awesome!!!
    Yeah keep us (me) posted!

^_^'

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • scosner56scosner56 Registered User regular
    Would love it if there were more under 21 parties. But I'll definitely be at the Rock Band Night.

• MatsumaeMatsumae Registered User regular
    Curse is putting on an open bar party saturday night (8pm till 2am) in the Boston Seaport Hotel

RSVP now to get a spot on the list http://www.curse.com/news/curse/44622-rsvp-now-to-curses-pax-east-party-for-your

tough choice between this or VGO, Paul and Storm, Johnathan Coulton, and MC Frontalot though :3

• ottoman673ottoman673 Registered User regular
    Matsumae wrote: »
    Curse is putting on an open bar party saturday night (8pm till 2am) in the Boston Seaport Hotel

RSVP now to get a spot on the list http://www.curse.com/news/curse/44622-rsvp-now-to-curses-pax-east-party-for-your

tough choice between this or VGO, Paul and Storm, Johnathan Coulton, and MC Frontalot though :3

The site says 18+. Are you sure? Almost all of the other bar parties in the area are 21+, regardless, due to Boston zoning laws. Nevertheless, i RSVPed, so we'll see how it goes.

PAX East 2012 Checklist: [x] 3 Day Pass [x] Time off Work [x] Flight [x] Hotel
  • MatsumaeMatsumae Registered User regular
    That may be a typo of sorts. at the RSVP page at the very bottom it says

Age restriction: 18+ (21+ to drink alcohol). Bartenders will be checking ID.

• LinkSmashLinkSmash Registered User regular
    Do you guys know if there's going to be folks doing things for Anime Boston? I know it's happening the same time and just figured that there'd be parties on that end of the realm too.

• lucazzolucazzo Registered User regular
    LinkSmash wrote: »
    Do you guys know if there's going to be folks doing things for Anime Boston? I know it's happening the same time and just figured that there'd be parties on that end of the realm too.

Haven't kept up with Anime Boston in a long time, but it's at Hynes so I'm pretty sure any parties will be in that area instead of waterfront/downtown.

PAX East '11 Team Squirtle Group B - Professor.
    PAX East '12 Team Totodile Gold - Professor
  • FruhmannFruhmann Registered User regular
    so which is THE party to hit up? i recall people being all about the XCON party at prime last year. they throwing another one?

• That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    Matsumae wrote: »

The party will feature open bar
    I am so fucking there.

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Turbine just announced their Pax East Party on Saturday night:

lotro.com/news/latestnews/1861-turbine-player-party-at-pax-east?lang=en_US

JerYnkFan on
    JerYnkFan wrote: »
    Turbine just announced their Pax East Party on Saturday night:

lotro.com/news/latestnews/1861-turbine-player-party-at-pax-east?lang=en_US

Nice! I'll add it to the list when I get home.

Ln5yLL7.png
  • Seanyd781Seanyd781 Registered User regular
    TOTALLY going to the Curse party. 18+, AND I'm staying at the Seaport Hotel. Super convenient, see y'all there :)

• J*RodJ*Rod Extra Credits web team member USARegistered User regular
    Extra Credits is hosting a community meet-up on Saturday. All ages, but by RSVP only. Details here: http://extra-credits.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1839

The star is silent, but prominent.

Co-admin of EC Network | Founder of JS* Media
  • GrimRupertGrimRupert Registered User regular
    J*Rod wrote: »
    Extra Credits is hosting a community meet-up on Saturday. All ages, but by RSVP only. Details here: http://extra-credits.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1839

RSVP'ed.

Why does everyone want me to miss the Plot vs. Play panel?

I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
    [X] - Pre-registered | [ ] - Train tickets | [ ] - Time Off
  • laurenissquarelaurenissquare Registered User new member
    edited March 2012
    i cant wait for the curse party; anyone from any of the other bands or chiptuners going? :D

laurenissquare on
    VGM Folk - Boston, MA.
    theworldissquare.bandcamp.com
    Thanks everyone for keeping me updated! I'll keep editing the OP as needed. :)

Ln5yLL7.png