As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[OOC] M&M: Pearl in the Rough - TR's researching, no game today :(

• ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Talon doesn't even wake up til like 6 PM EST

Scooter on
  • DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So, I totally missed this thread cropping up, but I'm supremely interested if there is still a slot open. I can have a character fully rolled up in a couple hours.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • TalonrazorTalonrazor Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Ok boys, I will attempt to have a IC thread up here in a few days. DVG, you are good to go, it seems. Didn't get a chance to really look your guy over in depth but I'll go ahead and add you.

Everyone ready for Sunday, then?

Talonrazor on
    sig4.jpg
  • DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Sweetaction.

Character: The Alchemist
    Powers: Matter transmuter

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Talonrazor wrote: »
    Ok boys, I will attempt to have a IC thread up here in a few days. DVG, you are good to go, it seems. Didn't get a chance to really look your guy over in depth but I'll go ahead and add you.

Everyone ready for Sunday, then?
    If you've approved Captain DeLorean I'm ready to roll.

Ardent on
    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
    edited July 2007
    DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
    edited July 2007
    So are we on tonight?

Scooter on
    edited July 2007
    So what IRC channel/etc are we using?

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • TrenogTrenog Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Yes, yes. Out with the important information!

Trenog on
    steam_sig.png
    Malkor wrote: »
    Rolo wrote: »
    opium is all natural shit son

makes you stronger

It also makes you immune to time.
    Bama wrote: »
    Two weeks ago, I lost the bulk of my female friends

She really hates it when you call her that.
    FCD wrote: »
    Ahhh, Orochimaru. Or, as I like to call him, Japanese Pedophile Voldemort.
    edited July 2007
    I JUST walked through the door of my apartment and I'm finally back from my trip. Everyone, please join up right now at #bombfell so we can get started. Might be a tad bit bumpy at first, still trying to get my stuff unpacked and books out.

Just go to #bombfell for our first meeting.

Talonrazor on
    sig4.jpg
    edited July 2007
    Erm, what IRC server?

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
    edited July 2007
    irc.slashnet.org

standard PA IRC server

Talonrazor on
    sig4.jpg
    edited July 2007
    Cool. Sorry, never used IRC before >.<

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
    edited July 2007
    Kakos is not the mind bullet guy, fyi people.

Talonrazor on
    sig4.jpg
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Going with a vampire of some sort, probably a gunslinger type. Trick shots and the like. Think Green Arrow with guns.

Hylianbunny on
    edited July 2007
    Great session guys! Good stuff. Everyone will get one power point per session they attend in addition to other awards. Thus everyone who attended will be one power point richer start immediately the next session.

Here is some information that was presented this last session:

Important NPCs:

Jack Keller
    Special Assistant to the Mayor and the Director of the Unusual Phenomenon Affairs Office. Keller is the main representative from the City to The Lightkeepers, providing a line of communication between the superheroes and the Mayor, Police Department and other services.

Roose Rodriguez
    A Special Agent from the National Extraordinary Incident Agency, Rodriguez used to be a Special Agent in the FBI, heading a Hostage Rescue Team. He is the charter's liaison to the federal government, handling interactions with Office of Civil Services, Department of Defense, Homeland Security, Justice Department, CIA, FBI and other federal law enforcement agencies. His office is based out of the charter's main building but also works out of the FBI Regional Headquarters in Pearl City.

Rachel James
    Rachel is the charter secretary and administrative assistant for the Lightkeepers team. She works at the offices at their mid-town headquarters, doing the mundane clerical and administrative duties of superheroes. She manages the offices, appointments, phones and, with the quitting of the charter dispatcher, currently runs communications. She is a young Caucasian woman in her mid-twenties, a recent graduate of the University of Pearl City.

Traveler
    Traveler is the head of S.A.F.E. and a popular hero of Pearl City. He is a brilliant time-traveling hero who used to be a roboticist and theoretical mathematician. At odds with both the City government and the Devil's Hounds, Traveler has become somewhat bitter about Pearl but nevertheless has won the admiration of many. Very unpopular with anti-super groups, of which Pearl City seems to have more then it's fair share....

Notable NPCs:

James Ring - The anchorman for the local Channel Five News, a Global News Network affiliate. Ring does the Nine O'Clock Morning Power Hour, the News at Five at Five and The Ring Show at Ten.

Kimberly Brewer- A young reporter and editor of the small comic Pearl's Defender. The comic tells embellished stories of the local superheroes exploits and publishes many gossip columns and articles on the life of metas in Pearl. Kimberly is a current senior at the University of Pearl City and runs a popular podcast on meta-humans interests called SupeScoop.

Katey Beckett - A reporter for the mainstream gossip comic tabloid Illustrated Adventures. She focuses on local metas, writing gossip columns and provides stories.

Jessica Dale - A writer for the main newspaper of the city, Daily Pearl. Jessica is on the fast-track to being a major reporter and has produced a number of award-winning articles. Her most famous was the article on the super-hero group Devil's Hounds entitled "Our Devils or Angels: The Dogs of Pearl".

Gavin Marandy - Administer and Chief of Medicine at the St. Garanghi Community Hospital, the ex-Special Forces Dr. Marandy is well-known as a philanthropist and supporter of the unfortunate in Pearl City.

Headquarters
    Going from bottom to top

Second Sub-level: Has three special holding cells, the main workshop, the main laboratory, power generators and two tunnels, one leading to outside the City and the other leading to a large parking garage downtown.

First Sub-level: Main control center and the garage. Garage holds an armored 2014 Cadallic Escalade and two Kawasaki street bikes.

First Floor: Front has a waiting lobby and reception desk. Door behind the reception desk leads to main office space. There are twelve offices, six on each side of an open room that has a few desks scattered around. Agent Rodriguez maintains an office here as well, along with charter dispatcher and charter administrative assistant. Located next to the offices, in the back is the small medical ward.

Second Floor: Includes the computer lab, a large lounge with pool and reading areas, a kitchen and cafe dining area that can seat twenty.

Third Floor: Has three living spaces, the armory, the library and the gym.

Fourth Floor: Holds conference center, storage and general parts center for the helipad.

Roof: Helipad and communications dishes. A black, ancient Bell Huey on loan from the City sits on the helipad.

Our In Character thread is now up.

Right now we are using it to finish our combat session. It is a brand new round of action and our current Init list is: Schadenfeude, The Alchemist, War Smith, Smile Syndicate, DeLorean, Roger. There are three Smile Syndicate mobsters left near the right side (looking from the street to the bank) of the doors, two behind the service counter, three in the vault and four upstairs with the hostages. There are around twenty civilians on the floor, over half are knocked out from the gas bombs that went off earlier. Currently, five Smile Syndicate guys have been killed and three civilians injured.

Any questions?

Once we finish this combat up, if we have any time left, we'll IC a few interviews and other fluff stuff that will affect how your reputation is with the city. A lot of the game will be your standing with the citizens, the media and the City.

A map of your headquarters are coming up shortly, in addition to the City.

Talonrazor on
    sig4.jpg
    edited July 2007
    Tonight I'll need to make a few changes to my sheet. In addition to Mutagen probably giving me way too much defense (kinda like how it says I'm strong enough to carry the moon, apparently), I've also got about 10 more ranks in Protection than I get any benefit from.

Edit: Also, by the way, I'd be up for starting sessions a few hours earlier. Especially given that, on a work night, I can't really go at all later than the scheduled end time.

Scooter on
    edited July 2007
    By the way, the current IC post in the thread is an edit of our logs, for anyone wondering. I simply edited a few pieces to make it flow a bit smoother and moved around actions so it fit in chronological sense. Sooner you guys get to posting and resolving that combat, sooner we can move on (and you might get some PP bonuses for ending encounter/IC posting!).

As for times, I'd be up for starting earlier. Say, like 6pm EST until 10 or 11 EST? Also, we can do Saturday this week if that works better for everyone. I like to stay with Sunday as much as possible (Saturday is for partying!) but this week it's a free day for me.

Talonrazor on
    sig4.jpg
    edited July 2007
    Well, dealing with my immediate situation, I'm going to go low-tech and just deck the machine gunner who wasn't amused by my rubber chicken gag. You said we can take 10 when attacking minions correct?

10+9 = 19 melee attack for +3 damage.

If he goes down, I'll Transform his gun into hand cuffs and leave him for swat.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
    edited July 2007
    Toughness to avoid going down, beating DC 19 (1d20+5=10). Roll is a 5, meaning result of 10. Minion is thus knocked out and down.

Talonrazor on
    sig4.jpg
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I can do earlier on Sunday. Saturday is bad for me.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited July 2007
    Can everyone update their sheets and create your character page on this wiki: http://pearlcity.pbwiki.com

If you have a page for your character that includes the sheet, bio and pic, that'd be great. Password is hero. Anyone wanting to make the wiki look pretty, be my guess.

Talonrazor on
    sig4.jpg
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Schadenfreude is going to be holding his action until DeLorean either comes and picks him up, or tells him that he's not coming to pick him up.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited July 2007
    Guys, I am going to drop the Init order because this encounter doesn't really matter and I want it over in a day or two. So everyone gets their standard actions in any order, then wait for the next round. Ardent, Trenog, Scooter, get posting!

Talonrazor on
    sig4.jpg
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Which is cooler - robot that throws things a la alive in joburg, or a fire-tossing imp?

This is important.

INeedNoSalt on
    edited July 2007
    Just for reference, Smith used Strike on a Smiler and knocked him the fuck out.

ONE PUNCH!

Scooter on
    edited July 2007
    Roger will do his best to clean up the remaining Smiles on the ground floor of the building quickly. Starting with the guy he managed to Feint last round.

Do I need to roll for it? I know that my Attack bonus is too small to manage any auto 10+s and hit.

Trenog on
    steam_sig.png

makes you stronger

edited July 2007
    Yes, roll for it.

Talonrazor on
    sig4.jpg
    edited July 2007
    Rolling to hit the previously feinted mook

Hit mook (1d20+2=15)

Going to 5ft step (those are in MnM too right?) and feint the next mook if I can

Feint Mook (1d20+4=13)

Trenog on
    steam_sig.png

makes you stronger

edited July 2007
    Ardent that was the lamest IC post ever. You bastards need to start posting more!

What did we decide on times? Sunday at 5EST? or 6EST?

Talonrazor on
    sig4.jpg
    edited July 2007
    5 est means I'll have to break for a bit probably to eat dinner. 6 would be good.

Scooter on
    edited July 2007
    Sundays are generally pretty free for me, but 6ish would be a better start time overall, methinks.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
    edited July 2007
    hey talon dude. I am totally gonna be back by sunday. scoooooore.

INeedNoSalt on
    edited July 2007
    Fuck yea. get your shit together and some stuff up on the wednesday.

We'll play at 6 EST.

Talonrazor on
    sig4.jpg
  • ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm going to stay with my parents for two weeks at the end of August while my dad goes in for surgery. I honestly don't know what my days are going to be like while I'm there, but I'll be the one nursing my dad while he recovers so my mom can work and my sister can finish preparing for Peace Corps. It's looking like I will be driving back to Nebraska that last Sunday of the month, but depending on how much ass I haul on Saturday, it could be a short day of driving. But I can't guarantee I'll be back on time or in any shape to play. I will be taking the following Monday off from work to recover as it is.

Oh, and DeLorean was making a Diplomacy check to talk them down, not wasting a round. :P You should probably roll for that?

Ardent on
    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
    edited July 2007

I don't have my booooook
    Soonest I can get something put together will be Saturday without my book

I am going to make Annie the Artificial Crimefighting Unit, and she will have be I think a Generic Devices Superhero? I don't think we have one of those yet. She'll also have construct traits (like no Con score) and will probably have pretty high str/dex/int. I think that's what I am going to do.

edit: I lied, I made a shadow-controller.

INeedNoSalt on
    edited July 2007

I don't have my booooook
    Soonest I can get something put together will be Saturday without my book

I am going to make Annie the Artificial Crimefighting Unit, and she will have be I think a Generic Devices Superhero? I don't think we have one of those yet. She'll also have construct traits (like no Con score) and will probably have pretty high str/dex/int. I think that's what I am going to do.

edit: I lied, I made a shadow-controller.

Shadow controller might be very interesting with some ideas I had. That PM you sent me with the Google docs didn't work. Slap it up on the wiki instead.

Also, I am going to just say we finished combat in the bank (since it's Friday and I wanted to slap another post up) because honestly, all you had was three guys left and some explosions.

Talonrazor on
    sig4.jpg
    edited July 2007
    Works for me.

Scooter on
    edited July 2007
    how does Warsmith get around, being Huge sized? He's probably bigger than most any given area we'll be doing anything in. :p

for comparison, Huge is the green guy in the toga: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/ph35_gallery/PHB35_PG150_WEB.jpg

INeedNoSalt on
    edited July 2007
    http://pearlcity.pbwiki.com/Blackwel

light popping on Darkness Control = small lights (like light bulbs) pop, bigger lights short out for the duration of the power.

INeedNoSalt on