As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition] Triple Skulls is where it's at!

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Second match.
    First match was a dead lineman on the first blitz of the game.
    :)

I finally had a couple bucks, so I bought an apothecary instead of replacing a player.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • DudemanXDudemanX Riverhead, NYRegistered User regular
    I'll be in the pro division. My Ratz will straight up ball on yo' face, Son! Know this!
    Banzai5150 wrote:
    So, if anyone wants me to broadcast my games, or what not, ya gotta tell me how to do it for FREE and without a webcam as the capture device, and only 1 video card that isn't a capture card. HAR!

I think Xsplit is still a free beta for the time being.

Steam: DudemanX3
    Discord: Dudeman#9279 - Battle.net: Dudeman#1385
    Twitch: CrashTestJonny - XBox: CrshTstJonny
    Nintendo Switch: SW-4469-1892-0302
  • DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    I chose vampires cause i knew no one else would, to be honest. I have one in the public league and have been pretty balanced, i just need to remember that hypnotic gaze is only good for your turn. :P

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    DudemanX wrote: »
    I'll be in the pro division. My Ratz will straight up ball on yo' face, Son! Know this!
    Banzai5150 wrote:
    So, if anyone wants me to broadcast my games, or what not, ya gotta tell me how to do it for FREE and without a webcam as the capture device, and only 1 video card that isn't a capture card. HAR!

I think Xsplit is still a free beta for the time being.

It is, but it isn't. It's one that I installed. I can share part of my screen, but to share a game, you have to buy a license.

50433.png?1708759015
  • KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Hypnotic gaze does work in their turn, but any action frees them from it. It also means if they get an early turn over, that person stays hypnotised. Basically it can force them to do things out of order.

A couple of scenarios where it helps you in their turn:
    - Hypnotise an assisting player, that player needs to do something before they get their assist, i.e. this may force a dodge roll, or turn a 2D block into a 1D block.
    - Hypnotise an obvious receiving catcher that is in range of the EZ, catcher needs to move first to be able to catch the ball, thus extending the range of the required pass. Also people may even totally forget about this and throw the ball at them, which they won't catch (can't catch balls when hypnotised).

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
    i usualy use it on offense, to free my tackle zones so my poor poor guys can move around and not die. :P

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Kafka87Kafka87 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I used to play this the old fashioned way with models and shit, and have played some vs PC.

Never touched Necro before though so happy to be placed in a noob division if some other people want to be in. Otherwise, I don't mind losing to whoever really.

Kafka87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • KharnastusKharnastus Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I have a feeling the Ho-Steppers are going to be losing a lot of games. I came across a dwarf player who only uses blockers and a steamroller on the ladder. He wounded two of my tomb guardians. And beat me. 1 to 0. Thank god no one plays dwarves in this league. :)

Kharnastus on
  • papercuts6papercuts6 Registered User regular
    I agree, but mainly because I find dwarves to be boring with their slow, group-up run game, and their lack of injuries.

• RamiRami Registered User regular
    There is a dwarf team. Also my original league Dwarf team was considered too hot to bring over to a new league.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    I think after playing Goblins in the Speed League I'm entitled to a little Block in my game.

It's probably not going to change the fact that I'm gonna lose and the dice hate me.

• stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    but this time you can take a few with you... right?

steam_sig.png
  • Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Is there a demo of this anywhere?

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Is there a demo of this anywhere?

Besides a local tabletop game store? Not that I know of.

edited March 2012
    It's been 80% off 3 times in the past year, so just wait for one of those inevitable sales. I think that makes it $8 or something.

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
  • Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    Mass effect 3 straight wrecked my laptop so it'll be a couple days before my replacement laptop arrives (holy hell laptop prices have dropped in the last five years btw). It looks like we haven't started yet though?

Edit: um I guess i'm elite. Of course I say that and will now proceed to be destroyed. Not a newb, anyway. Maybe just normal.

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    How do you get the steam overlay to work again?

You add the game as a non-steam game.

steam_sig.png
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Me and Dudeman got our XLeague game in. I warned him before hand that since my game with Veevee was an abomination this game would probably go well for me. It did.
    Dude got first score on turn 5, and first blood a turn or two later on poor little Bob the werewolf (he gets knocked around every game). I received the kickoff from out of bounds, but my mouse was on Warwick the werewolf when apparently a timer ran out, so I had the ball near the front line, so I blitzed ahead to try and frenzy a gutter runner out of bounds. I was successful but left myself one space from the sideline and I neglected to notice his big rat ogre behind the LOS waiting to knock me out. He did. With the ball going out, it was tossed back in deep into my half, but those sneaky rats are so quick to get there.
    On my turn to retaliate, I had a two die block with my new berzerker, Olaf and was able to strike him down and knock him out the rest of the game.
    I also had a runner deep in his half who I moved to the center of the mid zone, and my thrower stood up, picked up the ball and threw a long clean pass to my runner! On his turn, Dudeman got a blitz off on me and surrounded me with just about every rat within sight, but Thorr Reincarnate could not be dissuaded. I blitz to push out one corner of my furry prison, but fail to bring down the rat. I'm forced to dodge into one tackle zone, dodge out into the open then run home free for a score. Which I succeeded (thank goodness for +1Ag on my first level!).

Second half Bob the werewolf was sick and tired of getting knocked about all season and found his true fury! Over a couple turns late in the half he brought down two rats to go up a level. Having a numbers and strength advantage I was able to push around Dude's rats pretty well all half and form a strong cage around my ball carrier. Dudeman also ran short on rerolls, so I had the luxury of a couple turnovers (one being a 1>RR>1 GFI roll, another being a 2+ gutter runner dodge into the open). I had plentiful rerolls for the half, 4 plus a leader, and initial kickoff was a bonus reroll for me (I used 2 all half...).

Overall a good game for me, certainly making up for my Speed League game last night (such is Nuffle's way). The first half of the game was a really good bout, but second half I pretty well took control and Dudeman started to get some bad rolls.

• VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    just run the game windowed, that way you can surf the forums while being smushed

I just played the most amazing farce of a first half of a BB match ever.

If a roll was crucial, it would fail. If there was a really dumb move to make, it would happen. We couldn't even hold on to the damn ball.

Gobos did get to get down with some violence though. That was good.

Two injuries on one turn, taking my Golem out of the next match. I'm not gonna enjoy facing Banzai next week.

So when are we going to get this started?

• TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Never.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    edited March 2012
    I wish I had never made that accursed High Elf team... At least I play them with the intent of not caring what happens, but sometimes Nuffle just...:rotate:

I am looking forward to properly trying Humans in the new regular league, though.

Custom Special on
    Buncha whiney bitches...

Regulard League Season 1: Day 1 ( Started: 12 March Ends: 19 March )
    Docshifty vs Extreaminatus
    Custom Special vs [PA]Draeven

WSDX vs [PA]Drake
    BlitzAce1981 vs Elvenshae

Palington vs Dudeman
    Drome vs Stopgap

Tiger Burning vs TNTrooper
    papercuts6 vs Veevee

moleface vs ebotacular
    Gabriel Pitt vs TheInspector

Moridin889 vs Mallishious
    Banzai5150 vs Fooms

Kafkanhound vs KafkaAU
    Gnizmo vs TheLawinator

Season matches will run Monday - Sunday Night/Monday Morning

50433.png?1708759015
    Lol, kafka vs kafka.

steam_sig.png
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    Lol, kafka vs kafka.

yeah I chuckled at that as well.

Also mind you all, if this season ends too quickly or whatever, we can redo it next season till we hit the 'sweet' spot.

Also, do we want Division 1 to be the Winner division and 7 being the losers? And people can work on going UP/Down over seasons?

50433.png?1708759015
    Yes to up/down

Top in the division moves up bottom moves down I assume?

steam_sig.png
  • ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    I'm excited. :bz

Please, call me ebo.
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Some relegation would be fun, I am all for this.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    Yes to up/down

Why not?

I think updown will do wonders in eventualy putting all the really goood players in the tope couple divisions and putting all the medicore to crap coaches in the lower divisions :P

• Kafka87Kafka87 Registered User regular
    Nice to start with the big derby.

steam_sig.png
    Kafka87 wrote: »
    Nice to start with the big derby.

Oh man, to keep this going long enough to develop some rivalries with coaches, yesss.

It's kind of a shame you didn't roll goblins in the end Kafka.

steam_sig.png
    I'm glad my first game is against HE, at least my poor vampires might have a fighting chance.

Draeven wrote: »
    I'm glad my first game is against HE, at least my poor vampires might have a fighting chance.

Sorry, I'm Humans in regular league. :D

I was wailing about my HE's for adding them to the Speed league, where it is full of teams of big stinky men/creatures that punch me about the head and shoulders.
    Oh yeah, and I roll 1s all day with them.