As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wiz-War Tournament] The Pit - 36 total damage in one turn

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Awesome! I'll actually get this updated tonight.

• Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Awesome! I'll actually get this updated tonight.

:lol:

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Watch it, he might go posting your turn as a thread :P

• Options
    Oh, is that what that thread was about? I didn't see it until post-edit, haha.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    hahahahah Bedlam ;)

When I reopened the browser on my phone and saw a THREAD with the title "Kay" on it, I got so flustered. Like face red with embarrassment and starting sweating. My wife asked what was wrong and when I explained it to her, she just shook her head and laughed.

Luckily, I check the forums enough that I caught it before it was up for too long.

I do like how you assumed I was drunk as if that's the only way I could make a mistake that large...

Updates incoming, btw.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    SeGaTai finally gets his bearings after the confusing series of events that dropped him here burnt and bloody. He looks around and luckily he is right next to where he needs to be. So he drops off the treasure he is holding and waits for the promised reward. It appears, as promised, in his hands and he quickly stashes it in his robes. Assuming that damn yellow wizard was probably right on his tail, he turns a couple corners to see if his hunch is correct. And it is. Acting quickly, he creates a wall between them. Knowing that won't last long, he casts Shatter and blows open a wall with a fireball. Seeing a slime, he rushes over and punches it, shattering all its non-bones. Fearful of a retaliation, he turns into mist.

Actual orders:
    Move to down 1,
    drop off Yellow Treasure. QUEST COMPLETE
    Make it rain dollar bills everywhere while celebrating my new wealth. Boost with Energy 4-(6 movement remaining)
    move up, right, up (3 movement remaining)
    Create Wall at K3/4 "Ahh much better view now"
    Create Wall | Neutral | LOS | Permanent | Create a stone wall on a border line where there is not already a wall or door
    Play Shatter,
    Shatter | Neutral | Self | Temporary | While this spell lasts, you deal 1 crack per point of damage you inflict to objects (rather than 1 crack per 3 points of damage)
    then cast Fireball at wall J/K4,
    Fireball | Attack | LOS | Instant | Fire : Searing flames inflict 5 magical fire damage to target object or wizard.
    move up, right, up
    Punch slime for 3 damage-"Shattering all its non-bones"
    Cast Mist Body
    Mist Body | Neutral | Self | Temporary | You evaporate into mist. While this spell lasts, you can pass through anything but stone walls and stone blocks. You can not be attacked or attack. Touched objects and treasures turn into mist, so you may pick up and carry objects and treasures as usual.
    Draw me some cards.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    hahahahah Bedlam ;)

When I reopened the browser on my phone and saw a THREAD with the title "Kay" on it, I got so flustered. Like face red with embarrassment and starting sweating. My wife asked what was wrong and when I explained it to her, she just shook her head and laughed.

Luckily, I check the forums enough that I caught it before it was up for too long.

I do like how you assumed I was drunk as if that's the only way I could make a mistake that large...

Updates incoming, btw.
    Oh we had a mistake once where I was mafia where one guy put in the kill order and ended up killing one of our own guys. I dont remember if drunkeness was the excuse or if we were just teasing him but thats the first thing that sprang to mind when seeing your mistake.

Not that its a big deal, but Im required to tease you a little bit :P

• Options
    Bedlam sets off to explore the new hellhole he has been put in. After boosting and turning a couple corners, he hears the sounds of a wizard and a werewolf. He feeds the Adrenaline coursing through his body and summons a large rock to get ready for the upcoming fight.

Actual orders:
    Boost with drop object (5)
    Move 5 spaces to square C10
    Cast Adrenaline on self
    Adrenaline | Neutral | Self/LOS | Temporary | Target any wizard (including yourself). While this spell lasts, the target may attack four times per turn. If the target is stunned, it may attack twice and move, or attack four times without moving
    Equip large rock
    Large Rock | Item | LOS | Permanent | While carrying may throw as an attack for 2 damage, drops in target square after being hit
    Draw to full hand

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Things of note:

SeGaTai gained 2 experience for capturing a treasure and got a reward for completing a quest.

New Treasure spawned in West-Yellow Sector.

Adrenaline is just crazy in The Pit.

Yellow players' turns are due Wednesday.

Current Map
    Pit1-17.png

Items/Objects Key
    N8 - Large Rock | Item | LOS | Permanent | While carrying may throw as an attack for 2 damage, drops in target square after being hit
    Various - Fire Pillar | Fire | Boss Attack | Any wizard that starts on or moves through a Fire Pillar takes 5 fire damage.

Monster/Boss Status and Mood
    Golem (All damage taken is reduced by 2, Blocks LOS.) | HP: 15 | Move: 2 | Base Damage: 4 | Mood:
    Hunker down: Reduce all damage taken by 5. Move towards nearest wizard. When/if adjacent, do base damage.
    Werewolf (All damage applies the bleed effect (1 damage per turn for D4 turns)) | HP: 10 | Move: 4 | Base Damage: D4 | Mood:
    Stalk: Move towards nearest wizard. When/if adjacent, do base damage. Avoid any LOS attack on a D4 roll of 1.
    Slime (Can pass through any door or cracked wall) | HP: 7 | Move: 6 | Base Damage: 1 | Mood:
    Scoot: Move towards nearest wizard not damaged by Slime last turn and do damage. If any movement is remaining, move towards next nearest wizard. All wizards who take damage from Scoot are stunned for 1 turn.
    Gnome (Evades any attack on a D4 roll of 1-2) | HP: 4 | Move: 8 | Base Damage: - | Mood:
    Annoy: Move towards nearest wizard not targeted by Gnome last turn. When/if adjacent, steal two spells chosen at random. Spend remaining movement running to square farthest away from all other wizards.

Cinder (Can not move through Hellfire, always moves towards nearest wizard within the hellfire. If adjacent to a wizard, will do base damage. Immune to fire damage. Blocks LOS and movement.) | HP: 50 | Move: 1 | Base Damage: 5 | Mood:
    Protect : Surround every treasure with Hellfire Walls. Lasts one round.

Turn Order - Turns are due on the day stated below
    GREEN (Gandalf_the_Crazed - 1, jdarksun - 2)
    RED (SeGaTai - 1, Bedlam - 2)
    YELLOW (blahmcblah - 1, Tayrun -2) <-Turns Due Wednesday
    BLUE (Custom Special - 1)
    Monsters

Player Status
    Gnome-Wielding Ogre Gandalf_the_Crazed
    HP: 15/20
    Level: 2
    Experience: 10
    Cards in hand / Max: 8/9
    Held Items and Spell Effects:
    Big Man Form | Neutral | Transform yourself or target creature into a big man. A big man's base move is 3, and he fills the entire square he's in, blocking LOS. No one can move past him or enter his square. When he moves, a big man pushes wizards or creatures (not objects) down the corridor in front of him. At intersections, pushed wizards and creatures choose which directions to move. A big man punches for 3 damage.
    Strength | Neutral | Grant yourself or target creature great strength. Double any physical damage dealt by the target. As an attack, the target may try to physically tear an object or treasure being carried from the wizard carrying it. Roll a die, on a result of 2,3,4 the attack succeeds and the target of strength takes possession of the treasure or object. If already carrying a treasure, he cannot try to take another treasure from someone's grasp.
    Lifestone | Item | Self | Permanent | Magic Stone : While carrying this item, you gain 1 life at the start of your turn (you may never exceed 20 life). If you suffer any fire damage, all magic stones you are carrying are destroyed

jdarksun
    HP: 20/20
    Level: 0
    Experience: 0
    Cards in hand / Max: 7/7
    Spellstone | Item | Self | Permanent | Magic Stone : While carrying this item, you may draw1 extra card each turn, although you still may not exceed your maximum hand size. If you suffer any fire damage, all magic stones you are carrying are destroyed. | 0
    Humunculus | Neutral | Self | Temporary | Creation : Create a Humunculus with life energy equal to this spell's energy. While this spell lasts, each time a LOS attack targets you, Humunculus leaps into its path, allowing you to automatically evade the attack (if possible). Humunculus suffers all damage from the attack, ignoring all other effects. If Humunculus intercepts an attack that cannot be evaded, you both suffer the damage and you suffer any other effects as normal | 0

SeGaTai
    HP: 6/20
    Experience: 4
    Cards in hand / Max: 6/7
    Fire Cloak | Item | Self | Permanent | Fire : While carrying this item, you punch for an additional 2 magical fire damage. Any object or wizard that deals you damage from your square or an adjacent square suffers 2 magical fire damage after damaging you. If you suffer any water damage, Fire cloak is destroyed and does not damage your attacker.
    Shatter | Neutral | Self | Permanent | While this spell lasts, you deal 1 crack per point of damage you inflict to objects (rather than 1 crack per 3 points of damage)
    Mist Body | Neutral | Self | Permanent | You evaporate into mist. While this spell lasts, you can pass through anything but stone walls and stone blocks. You can not be attacked or attack. Touched objects and treasures turn into mist, so you may pick up and carry objects and treasures as usual.

Bedlam
    Experience: 2
    Adrenaline | Neutral | Self/LOS | Temporary | Target any wizard (including yourself). While this spell lasts, the target may attack four times per turn. If the target is stunned, it may attack twice and move, or attack four times without moving
    Large Rock | Item | LOS | Permanent | While carrying may throw as an attack for 2 damage, drops in target square after being hit

blahmcblah
    HP: 12/20
    Dagger | Item | Adjacent/LOS | Permanent | You can either throw or stab with the dagger. If thrown, you deal 3 physical damage to any object or wizard within LOS. It then drops in the target's square. If stabbing, you deal 2 physical damage to adjacent wizard or object.

Tayrun

Custom Special

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Also, photobucket and my work internet are not getting along right now. The picture is small because I am linking it through my google images. As soon as I can get photobucket to cooperate again, I'll replace it with a more easier to read image.

• Options
    Actually, while the larger version is definitely pretty, this is nice because I don't have to scroll at all to view the whole thing.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah it'd be cool to have this version and then have a zoomable version for details. No way to do that I know of but one can dream.

• Options
    Hm, I may look into doing all of these through google images in the future.

Right now, we will stick with the photobucket larger size until I can find a way to work google images into my "system" without it slowing down my process.

• Options
    Also, you have me still holding the Null Powder -- I used it to dispel the Pain Link. I think you deleted some other card from my hand by accident, lemme go check.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    You are right. Fixed now and you should have a PM with your updated hand.

• Options
    Just a reminder, @blahmcblah and @tayrun

your turns are due today

• Options
    blahmcblah hears the explosion on the other side of the wall and the sounds of footsteps heading north. He gives chase and starts chipping away at a nearby wall with his dagger.

Actual Orders:
    Move to J3.
    Throw the dagger at the wall at J3/J4.
    Dagger | Item | Adjacent/LOS | Permanent | You can either throw or stab with the dagger. If thrown, you deal 3 physical damage to any object or wizard within LOS. It then drops in the target's square. If stabbing, you deal 2 physical damage to adjacent wizard or object.
    Pick up the dagger.
    Throw it at the wall again.
    Pick it up again.
    Discard Acid Bath.
    Draw card(s).

• Options
    Tayrun can not believe he is in another maze. He feels an unknown power slowly taking over his mind and is unable to take any action.

Actual orders:
    None.
    HOST: One more turn of inactivity and either a replacement takes over or Cinder takes control.

• Options
    Things of note:
    Tayrun can only miss one more turn before being taken over by either Cinder or a replacement player.

Blue players' turns are due Friday. (High possibility that a new blue player will be dropped in today)

Current Map
    Pit1-18.png

Items/Objects Key
    N8 - Large Rock | Item | LOS | Permanent | While carrying may throw as an attack for 2 damage, drops in target square after being hit
    Various - Fire Pillar | Fire | Boss Attack | Any wizard that starts on or moves through a Fire Pillar takes 5 fire damage.

Golem (All damage taken is reduced by 2, Blocks LOS.) | HP: 15 | Move: 2 | Base Damage: 4 | Mood:
    Hunker down: Reduce all damage taken by 5. Move towards nearest wizard. When/if adjacent, do base damage.
    Werewolf (All damage applies the bleed effect (1 damage per turn for D4 turns)) | HP: 10 | Move: 4 | Base Damage: D4 | Mood:
    Stalk: Move towards nearest wizard. When/if adjacent, do base damage. Avoid any LOS attack on a D4 roll of 1.
    Slime (Can pass through any door or cracked wall) | HP: 7 | Move: 6 | Base Damage: 1 | Mood:
    Scoot: Move towards nearest wizard not damaged by Slime last turn and do damage. If any movement is remaining, move towards next nearest wizard. All wizards who take damage from Scoot are stunned for 1 turn.
    Gnome (Evades any attack on a D4 roll of 1-2) | HP: 4 | Move: 8 | Base Damage: - | Mood:
    Annoy: Move towards nearest wizard not targeted by Gnome last turn. When/if adjacent, steal two spells chosen at random. Spend remaining movement running to square farthest away from all other wizards.

Cinder (Can not move through Hellfire, always moves towards nearest wizard within the hellfire. If adjacent to a wizard, will do base damage. Immune to fire damage. Blocks LOS and movement.) | HP: 50 | Move: 1 | Base Damage: 5 | Mood:

YELLOW (blahmcblah - 1, Tayrun -2)
    BLUE (Custom Special - 1) <-Turns Due Friday
    Monsters

Player Status
    Big Man Form | Neutral | Transform yourself or target creature into a big man. A big man's base move is 3, and he fills the entire square he's in, blocking LOS. No one can move past him or enter his square. When he moves, a big man pushes wizards or creatures (not objects) down the corridor in front of him. At intersections, pushed wizards and creatures choose which directions to move. A big man punches for 3 damage.
    Strength | Neutral | Grant yourself or target creature great strength. Double any physical damage dealt by the target. As an attack, the target may try to physically tear an object or treasure being carried from the wizard carrying it. Roll a die, on a result of 2,3,4 the attack succeeds and the target of strength takes possession of the treasure or object. If already carrying a treasure, he cannot try to take another treasure from someone's grasp.
    Lifestone | Item | Self | Permanent | Magic Stone : While carrying this item, you gain 1 life at the start of your turn (you may never exceed 20 life). If you suffer any fire damage, all magic stones you are carrying are destroyed

jdarksun
    Spellstone | Item | Self | Permanent | Magic Stone : While carrying this item, you may draw1 extra card each turn, although you still may not exceed your maximum hand size. If you suffer any fire damage, all magic stones you are carrying are destroyed. | 0
    Humunculus | Neutral | Self | Temporary | Creation : Create a Humunculus with life energy equal to this spell's energy. While this spell lasts, each time a LOS attack targets you, Humunculus leaps into its path, allowing you to automatically evade the attack (if possible). Humunculus suffers all damage from the attack, ignoring all other effects. If Humunculus intercepts an attack that cannot be evaded, you both suffer the damage and you suffer any other effects as normal | 0

SeGaTai
    Fire Cloak | Item | Self | Permanent | Fire : While carrying this item, you punch for an additional 2 magical fire damage. Any object or wizard that deals you damage from your square or an adjacent square suffers 2 magical fire damage after damaging you. If you suffer any water damage, Fire cloak is destroyed and does not damage your attacker.
    Shatter | Neutral | Self | Permanent | While this spell lasts, you deal 1 crack per point of damage you inflict to objects (rather than 1 crack per 3 points of damage)
    Mist Body | Neutral | Self | Permanent | You evaporate into mist. While this spell lasts, you can pass through anything but stone walls and stone blocks. You can not be attacked or attack. Touched objects and treasures turn into mist, so you may pick up and carry objects and treasures as usual.

Bedlam

blahmcblah

Tayrun (Halfway losing his mind)

Custom Special

• Options
    blahmcblah, did you intend to place yourself within danger-range of the Slime?

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Orders in because I'm the king of blue.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Custom Special heard the incredibly scary sound of the Golem breaking through the door to his north. Instinctively, he changes his body into a Mist and protectively picks up the nearby green treasure. He screams, not very loudly because mist is super quiet, "THERE CAN BE ONLY OOOOOOONEblue wizard!!!!!

Actual Orders:
    Cast Mist Body on self
    Mist Body | Neutral | Self | Temporary | You evaporate into mist. While this spell lasts, you can pass through anything but stone walls and stone blocks. You can not be attacked or attack. Touched objects and treasures turn into mist, so you may pick up and carry objects and treasures as usual.
    Move L
    Pick up Green treasure
    Discard Astral Projection and Pick Lock
    Draw 3 to fill hand

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Things to note:

Monster turn coming today.

Current Map
    Pit1-19.png

Items/Objects Key

Monsters <-Updated today

Player Status

jdarksun

SeGaTai

Bedlam

blahmcblah

Custom Special

ObiFett on
  • Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    blahmcblah, did you intend to place yourself within danger-range of the Slime?

No, but if it goes towards me instead of SeGaTai, I'm cool with that.

• Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    With SeGaTai being mist, he isn't a valid target for the slime. It's definitely coming for you, then I guess heading toward Tayrun.

• Options
    well crap, I edited rather than pasting a new update. hold on, fixing.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Monster turn:
    The Golem lumbers towards nearest wizard.

The Werewolf swipes at jdarksun(2 damage) and opens a wound that starts to bleed (will continue for one turn).

The Slime scoots past the mist wizard, right through the holes in the wall recently created and attacks blahmcblah (1 damage, stunned 1 turn). He continues on towards a new target (currently Yellow2).

The Gnome runs towards the nearest wizard (currently Red2).

Cinder is tired of wizards stealing his treasures. He surrounds all treasures with Hellfire Walls for one turn.

RULE UPDATE: Since there are two attacks per turn in The Pit and no one has been stunned until this turn I need to clarify how stunning works:
    Stunned wizards can either do half their attacks and move, or do all their attacks and not move. (Added to OP.)

Monster Moods have been updated for upcoming turn.

Green Wizards' turns are due Friday.

Current Map
    Pit1-20.png

Items/Objects Key

Rock Thrower: Attack all wizards within LOS for 5 physical damage.
    Leap: Triple movement. Run towards nearest wizard. If contact is made, deal damage x2.

Fire Pillars : Choose two random squares on each Tile. Any wizard or monster on that tile takes 5 fire damage.

GREEN (Gandalf_the_Crazed - 1, jdarksun - 2) <-Turns due Friday
    Monsters

Player Status

jdarksun (bleeding 1 turn)
    HP: 18/20

SeGaTai

Bedlam

blahmcblah (Stunned 1 turn)
    HP: 11/20

Custom Special

ObiFett on
  • Options
    And you're photobagel'd

• Options
    I got it fixed!

• Options
    I think blahmcblah's life total should be 11, not 12, right?

Not that it matters to my plans. :bz

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, forgot to reduce his life as well as stun him. Updated!

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Bah, I figured those stupid fire walls would show up when I'm stuck in a closet...

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    So, where did you get the rules for the pit anyway? is this something you made up yourself?
    I presume there are different 'bosses' that exist, so the full ruleset would be good.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I made this up, aside from the Wiz-War cards, boards, and art assets, obviously.

I have some half-complete rules for other Pit Bosses, relics, dangers, and alternate monsters written into my excel spreadsheet just waiting for when the demand or my desire to run another Tourney/Pit happens in the future.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    cool. it would be nice to share what you have, Wizwar seems a very fun game, only problem is the 4 player limit. I think some 5 or 6 player rules would go over pretty well with the community.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    The original game had an expansion that adds two wizards. And FFG is not shy about doing expansions so I would expect there to be something eventually. (also creatures are definetly going to be a thing, since they are mentioned in rules but they dont exsist yet)

• Options
    azith28 wrote: »
    cool. it would be nice to share what you have, Wizwar seems a very fun game, only problem is the 4 player limit. I think some 5 or 6 player rules would go over pretty well with the community.
    I can post what I have in the Discussion thread. Sadly, there is no way to play with more than 4 players right now using one game of Wiz-War because there are only 4 boards, 4 player pieces, etc.

Like Bedlam said, FFG is most certainly going to do expansions for this. There are mentions of creatures in the rules already and the schools of magic setup seems to be made perfectly for adding new schools.

• Options
    Also, welcome @Capfalcon to The Pit as the second Blue Wizard

His hand and secret quests have been PM'd to him. He'll spawn in at the beginning of the Blue turn.

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Also, welcome @Capfalcon to The Pit as the second Blue Wizard

His hand and secret quests have been PM'd to him. He'll spawn in at the beginning of the Blue turn.

Cylons unite! Lay low my foe!
    THERE CAN BE ONLY OOOOOOONE!!!!!!bluewizard
    That is if Cap doesn't wish to join the unholy alliance...

• Options
    Mordacai aint no cylon :S