As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] PAX East Trading Cards 2012 (You can mail your cards again)

• PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    G at?
    Does anyone see a problem with meeting in the Westin each day to exchange cards to keep things simple? This will definitely be the location on Sunday.
    Sounds good to me. What time(s) would we be lookin

Right now it looks like it would be 6:30 PM on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

• SausageSausage FLRegistered User regular
    I've been wanting to do this, my husband has photoshop, but I don't and have no clue how to use it. He said he would help me make one, but has not and it's been a long time so if a helper is available that would be great and also I would need a number. Last year was my first PAX and I felt like a bum every time someone gave me a card and I had nothing to exchange : ( Trying to remedy that before it's too late, plzkthx!

3DS: 2964-9827-0033
  • zezspecszezspecs ScotlandRegistered User regular
    Sausage wrote: »
    I've been wanting to do this, my husband has photoshop, but I don't and have no clue how to use it. He said he would help me make one, but has not and it's been a long time so if a helper is available that would be great and also I would need a number. Last year was my first PAX and I felt like a bum every time someone gave me a card and I had nothing to exchange : ( Trying to remedy that before it's too late, plzkthx!

#47 is yours. Someone should contact you within the next day to help you with your card.

• TheAsianKnightTheAsianKnight Shinywoopwoop Registered User regular
    I just ordered mine yesterday <3 Can't wait to get them

I predict I'll probably get lots of left overs

Pax East Check List: Room [X] Registration [X] Pax Pass [X] Pokemon league Gym Leader Team [X]
    Cosplay Check List: WOOPER [X]
    WOOP WOOP!
  • purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    I would like to be involved but will need a lot of help.

• peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    pureval wrote: »
    I would like to be involved but will need a lot of help.

Dont forget to add googly eyes to your cards. ;D

7B14287.png
  • chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    Googly eyes!

GOOGLY EYES!

I still think nude holofoils are in order.

• PuddingSenatorPuddingSenator Registered User regular
    I'll be making one of these; can I get the next available number, please?

I'll be making one of these; can I get the next available number, please?

#50 is yours!

• sassfactor4sassfactor4 Brooklyn, NYRegistered User regular
    Could I get the next available card number?
    Thanks!

• zezspecszezspecs ScotlandRegistered User regular
    Could I get the next available card number?
    Thanks!

56 is yours!

edited March 2012
    Announcements!

Over 100 people have signed up to create trading card this year! Including cards from previous years there will be over 200 to collect. I will be posting lists of those taking part and creating a check list in the days ahead.

We will be having meetups on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday this year at 6:30 PM* in the Westin lobby. This is the hotel adjoined to the convention center.

Technically the Sunday meetup happens when the Omegathon and closing ceremonies are finished.

If you cannot make it to one of these meetups, here is a list of other events that people will have an abundance of trading cards at:
    - Fried Food Lunch on Thursday
    - Pre PAX Dinner on Thursday
    - Girls Meetup on on Sunday

PeasantDave on
  • KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    Sounds awesome Dave!

I'll be attending the Pre-pax diner, girls meetup, and one of the nights at the Westin. Probly Friday or Sunday.

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • LegendOfTheCipherLegendOfTheCipher Registered User new member
    Hey all. We made a card game of the hip hop industry, with live rhyming integrated into game play.

I'd love to get a game card.

Can someone help me get started?

• CloudwalkerCloudwalker Registered User regular
    So I thought I had access to Photoshop through my university, but it turns out that's not the case without some overly complex paperwork. Would someone be able to help me make a card? Also, anyone in the Boston area up for taking delivery of my order?

Token Scottish guy.

Google+ | Twitter
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Hey all. We made a card game of the hip hop industry, with live rhyming integrated into game play.

I'd love to get a game card.

Can someone help me get started?

This isn't for a game. Feel free to participate though anyhow :)

• SwaeSwae Registered User regular
    I don't think I'm going to be able to squeeze card-making in with all of my other pre-pax planning, so feel free to release my number to anyone else that might want it. Thanks!

• itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    So I thought I had access to Photoshop through my university, but it turns out that's not the case without some overly complex paperwork. Would someone be able to help me make a card? Also, anyone in the Boston area up for taking delivery of my order?

You've got mail!

signature.png
    Swae wrote: »
    I don't think I'm going to be able to squeeze card-making in with all of my other pre-pax planning, so feel free to release my number to anyone else that might want it. Thanks!

Your number has been released. Let me know if you reconsider and I can give you a new one. :)

• TheAsianKnightTheAsianKnight Shinywoopwoop Registered User regular
    Assuming I get it done, I'll be Miror B on at least Friday of Pax (maaaybe sunday too)
    and I'll tape one of my cards to the back of my afro, so if the afro alone doesn't give it away, feel free to approach me for a card if you see it/me

Pax East Check List: Room [X] Registration [X] Pax Pass [X] Pokemon league Gym Leader Team [X]
    Cosplay Check List: WOOPER [X]
    WOOP WOOP!
  • XirycXiryc Middleburg Hts, OHRegistered User regular
    I'm going to need a number, and someone with Photoshop to give me a hand. Thanks!

Xiryc wrote: »
    I'm going to need a number, and someone with Photoshop to give me a hand. Thanks!

You can have #60 and someone should be with you within the next day.

• malicious nerdmalicious nerd NYRegistered User regular
    Does anyone see a problem with meeting in the Westin each day to exchange cards to keep things simple? This will definitely be the location on Sunday.
    That works for me seeing as that is where I'll be staying! :P

PAX East 2012
    3 Day Pass: [x] // Time Off: [x] // Hotel: [x]
    Twitter: @maliciousnerd
    Gamertag: Fr3akyxAssAssIn
  • MorgansternMorganstern Registered User regular
    I would like 1 number, if you would be so kind.

I would like 1 number, if you would be so kind.

#61 is yours!

• LokialeLokiale \o/ Registered User regular
    I can't wait to meet everyone! I'm going to do my best to run out of cards and collect as many as I can!

Obvious goals are obvious.

East 2012 checklist: Hotel [X] Travel [X] Pass [X] Make All The Friends [ ]
    2009 Omeganaut
  • EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    I had to call and change my order since we have so many people doing this. Considering its my first (and hopefully not last) time to PAX I do look forward to meeting everyone.

At this time anyone needs help should have been contacted. Let me know if this is not the case.

7 days to order!

• JobiwanKenobiJobiwanKenobi Registered User regular
    By any chance are there any volunteers available to help me build my card?

PAX Prime '09 - H1N(erd)1 Survivor - Never Forget (Your Hand Sanitizer)
    PAX Prime '14 Omeganaut - Result: KO in 3rd Round (Damn you, Super Avalanche 2!)
  • browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    By any chance are there any volunteers available to help me build my card?

I got you. PMing email address now.

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • Oldmangloom315Oldmangloom315 [ENFORCER] Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Hey dudes, I'd like to hop on this again this year. I'll have my cards from last year too. Can I get someone to make my cards for me? I won't be able to resize the images myself though. Let me know.

• azuravianazuravian Dad, Gamer, Beard Owner Richmond, VARegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Me and my family (wife and son) have been planning on doing this every year and this year we're finally going to do it. We're going to need 3 numbers. I'd like 627, my wife would like 723, and my son would like number 422.

Thanks.

azuravian on
  • staceyb627staceyb627 Mom, Gamer Richmond, VARegistered User new member
    I am the wife in question from azuravian there. Really looking forward to this :)

• MoociferMoocifer Artsy Broad Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I'd like to get the numbers #546 for my boyfriend and #269 for myself please! I'm making our cards tonight and/or tomorrow. :)

Moocifer on
    PAX East 2014!!!1!one
    3 Day Pass: [x] // Travel: [ x] // Time Off: [ x] // Hotel: [x]
    Twitter: @amysophie
    Twitter: amysophie
    Gamertag/Steam: Vixen Valentine
  • xdslavexdslave Registered User new member
    I need a card number and I'll take whatever is available next.

• vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    Got my cards today.. (from Jakprints)... they look great - crisp and clear.

So hearing that people tended to get more than what they ordered, I started counting the cards. It seemed like a lot, but what did I know.

I stopped counting at 100, and then put that stack up against the rest. Then again. And then again. I got about 400 cards on my order of 100.

Needless to say, my card has gone from Rare to Uncommon. :) Still.. yay..!

• KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    Finally got my act together and put my order in tonight. Hopefully, I'll be able to make some of the meetups and hand out the Khadour 3-pack, since I've still got over 100 each of the last 2 years. See you all at PAX East!
    KhadourFrontFlat.jpg
    KhadourBackFlat.jpg

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• malicious nerdmalicious nerd NYRegistered User regular
    Just counted mine... I got a random number of 134. xD

PAX East 2012
    3 Day Pass: [x] // Time Off: [x] // Hotel: [x]
    Twitter: @maliciousnerd
    Gamertag: Fr3akyxAssAssIn
  • rascalrascal Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    EchoZero wrote: »
    I had to call and change my order since we have so many people doing this.
    lol I ordered another 100 on Sunday (just got tracking info!)-- mostly because I wanted to update the Cowboy 'verse badge and tweak the L4D Infected lurking in my pic, but also figured it wouldn't hurt to have a few extra. I've already given away about 20 of my cards anyways; my friends get a kick out of them.

rascal on
  • azuravianazuravian Dad, Gamer, Beard Owner Richmond, VARegistered User regular
    Well, I went ahead and cobbled ours together. Assuming that the numbers we requested are available, here is what they'll look like:

Mine:
    AzuravianFront.jpg
    AzuravianBack.jpg

Wife:
    Staceyb627Front.jpg
    Staceyb627Back.jpg

Son:
    AzenguinFront.jpg
    AzenguinBack.jpg

How do they look?

This discussion has been closed.