As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat]Easy

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Augh! I found my old SimCity 3000 CD, I try to install it and... nothing.

It's like this computer is too futuristic for the game to handle. :(

First thing to try is running it in compatibility mode by right clicking the executable and selecting Windows 98.

Or Google mods that let you run it on new computers.

I am not savvy with computrons. Which executable do I run? The launcher? The setup?

Not even the installer works?

yeah, i can't install the thing. I launch the launcher, click "install", need to accept the application and then nothing.

Try right clicking the installer and running it as administrator.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

First thing to try is running it in compatibility mode by right clicking the executable and selecting Windows 98.

I am not savvy with computrons. Which executable do I run? The launcher? The setup?

yeah, i can't install the thing. I launch the launcher, click "install", need to accept the application and then nothing.

that should be setup.exe right?

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Get a twelve year old. They'll do it for you

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.

Yes.

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Home Improvement makes me screech like Lucille Bluth seeing Gene Parmesan.

Because it is so awful right?

RIGHT?

Home Improvement makes me screech like Lucille Bluth seeing Gene Parmesan.

Because it is so awful right?

RIGHT?

Go to your room.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

Yes.

nothing.

Nothing happens. A "setup" thing appears in my processes (several were there when i checked, because each time i tried to install the game, nothing seemed to happen) but nothing happens for, you know, installing the game.

Yes.

nothing.

Nothing happens. A "setup" thing appears in my processes (several were there when i checked, because each time i tried to install the game, nothing seemed to happen) but nothing happens for, you know, installing the game.

Try closing every program first. Sometimes that's actually required!

I don't think so sarks

Yes.

nothing.

Eh, maybe I'll try tomorrow after rebooting the computer, but blah... I think i'll just buy Sim City 4 instead.

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular

Yes.

nothing.

Eh, maybe I'll try tomorrow after rebooting the computer, but blah... I think i'll just buy Sim City 4 instead.

o______o you taunt me so

Catch Me If You Can is on :D

Mim wrote: »

Yes.

nothing.

o______o you taunt me so

Sorry, Mim. i won't buy Sim City 4 in your honor :)

Yes.

nothing.

o______o you taunt me so

Wait. Shouldn't you be buying it in my honor. Or are you buying it to torture me.

ARE YOU TORTURING ME!?

JAsup3nAsna-AskarsdAsup3ttir-IMG_7055-3_1331249583.jpg
    vegeta71.jpg

I feel these two pics should be combined, but I don't photoshop.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Danielle Panabaker is a sexy dragon fire dancer big bad in the new Grimm. 8-)

Harry Dresden on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    how do i keep my phone number

if i lost my phone

steam_sig.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    SHAZBOT SHAZBOT SHAZBOT

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Akira! <3<3<3
    Is no longer getting a live action US film apparently?
    Who cares. I'm talking about @Irond Will's awesome doggie.

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    vegeta71.jpg

Here you go dawg.
    IqTOM.jpg

I know it looks like it was done by a professional in Photoshop, but I'm pretty wizard with mspaint.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth

Yes.

nothing.

o______o you taunt me so

Wait. Shouldn't you be buying it in my honor. Or are you buying it to torture me.

ARE YOU TORTURING ME!?

i speek engleesh good.

i meant that, in order to not torture you, i will not be buying Sim City 4 after all, because it would be cruel and junk.

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    my phone number is so easy to remember.

people accidentally memorize it. gonna be so sad if i have to give that bad boy up.

steam_sig.png
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    how do i keep my phone number

if i lost my phone

If you're going to a new company, you need to talk to your old number to get it ported over, they can fill you in on the process for doing that I imagine. If you're getting a new phone with the same company I imagine you'd still just need to talk to them to reprogram whatever phone you get for that number. With non-gsm phones they'll usually have an EIM number or something like that you need to give them and they transfer the number, lots of companies do this online.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    I need to make a thread wherein I ask the question "Is American football bad for America?" and then answer it in the affirmative.

• gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    vegeta71.jpg

Here you go dawg.
    IqTOM.jpg

I know it looks like it was done by a professional in Photoshop, but I'm pretty wizard with mspaint.

:^: 'spect bra

gorillaSig.jpg
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    vegeta71.jpg

Ugh, no.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    I need to make a thread wherein I ask the question "Is American football bad for America?" and then answer it in the affirmative.

Once we adopt futbol we will learn to be more globally minded and not such selfcentered pricks.

• gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular

It's the BEST for America.
    faith_hill_snf_intro1_gd215G4.sized.jpg

Bring back the dress, Faith!

gorillaSig.jpg
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I was at a bar, at a table, with some friends. A group of women, looked to be in their early 50s, sitting at a nearby table, completely hammered, which normally wouldn't be an issue. Only these ladies were literally gutting younger women with insults as they'd pass by. Trying to see how many they could make cry.

After about an hour or so of this happening, these women start looking for men to take home. I know this because they were nice enough to announce it out loud to the entire bar, every few minutes. One of the women, a blonde that happened to be the ring leader of this group, kept looking over at me, trying to capture my attention.

Not being overly attracted to obnoxious, I ignore this woman which only makes it worse, and only makes her more angry. So she gets up and walks over to our table. Tells me that she's going to the bathroom and that I better be there when she returns, because I'm going home with her. To which I say, it's not happening. But she ignores me and makes her way to the bathroom.

On her way back, she walks past me and loudly exclaims "dick!" so everyone at her table and my table can hear. To which I respond - "Oh mom, you know how you get after 2 drinks..."

She turned around, and I've rarely seen a woman so pissed off. She started screaming something I couldn't make out, which attracted the bouncer who promptly kicked her out. Everyone clapped. And I drank the rest of the night, for free.

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular

Football is great what is wrong with you?

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I had five slices of pizza for dinner even though I'm on a diet
    It was spinach pizza on thin crust and it was only 625 calories and 15 grams of fat

Organichu wrote: »
    I was at a bar, at a table, with some friends. A group of women, looked to be in their early 50s, sitting at a nearby table, completely hammered, which normally wouldn't be an issue. Only these ladies were literally gutting younger women with insults as they'd pass by. Trying to see how many they could make cry.

After about an hour or so of this happening, these women start looking for men to take home. I know this because they were nice enough to announce it out loud to the entire bar, every few minutes. One of the women, a blonde that happened to be the ring leader of this group, kept looking over at me, trying to capture my attention.

Not being overly attracted to obnoxious, I ignore this woman which only makes it worse, and only makes her more angry. So she gets up and walks over to our table. Tells me that she's going to the bathroom and that I better be there when she returns, because I'm going home with her. To which I say, it's not happening. But she ignores me and makes her way to the bathroom.

On her way back, she walks past me and loudly exclaims "dick!" so everyone at her table and my table can hear. To which I respond - "Oh mom, you know how you get after 2 drinks..."

She turned around, and I've rarely seen a woman so pissed off. She started screaming something I couldn't make out, which attracted the bouncer who promptly kicked her out. Everyone clapped. And I drank the rest of the night, for free.

Excuse me for a minute... something in my eye.

Such a beautiful story.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Hey guys

Walkin home efter naschspiel at that girls place

I did not get my divk wet tonight even though i couldvve

She kinda needed a couplr good hugs indtead

So i gave het that indtead

Me wanting to bone her is one thing
    Signifikant psychic trauma to a friend is another

ftOqU21.png
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    are you sure you couldvve gotten it up

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1

Yes.

nothing.

o______o you taunt me so

ARE YOU TORTURING ME!?

i speek engleesh good.

i meant that, in order to not torture you, i will not be buying Sim City 4 after all, because it would be cruel and junk.

What, no! Buy it! I need more opinions on the game! Buy itttttt.

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    I had five slices of pizza for dinner even though I'm on a diet
    It was spinach pizza on thin crust and it was only 625 calories and 15 grams of fat

still carbs, Cass

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »

Well it's up right now if thats what you wanted to know

ftOqU21.png
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

thank you for the update on your phallic status

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

thank you for the update on your phallic status
    divk

A gentlemen never asks, and a lady never tells.

This discussion has been closed.