As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Starcraft2] CLOSING TIME!! GO TO THE NEW THREAD!!

• Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    Whoops, Stephano accidentally stacks all his broodlords and loses them in an archon toilet. The whole game hinges on one mis-control :?

• Options
    RofflorRofflor Adventurer Registered User regular
    That wasnt one miscontrol. That was him knowing there was a mothership on the way, that way, and still having all his broods stacked up in the corner.

Still, that was one of the most bm toilets in the history of sc2.

76561197968655073.png
  • Options
    Knowing that the mothership is there doesn't stop that from being a mis-control O_o Can't believe that Stephano made that mistake, he always splits his broodlords before the battle to prevent that. Might be the jet lag or something.

• Options
    RofflorRofflor Adventurer Registered User regular
    Teamliquid forums talking about how Stephano threw the game to be nice to white ra ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

76561197968655073.png
  • Options
    narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    mEEksa wrote: »
    I'll be there.
    Yilias wrote: »
    Available and willing.

Sweet! Now I need an opponent. Narwhal, Loserforhirex, or ImthebOHGODBEES any of you done for a game tonight?

Did you already get one? What time?

narwhal on
    Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Rofflor wrote: »
    Teamliquid forums talking about how Stephano threw the game to be nice to white ra ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Welcome to SC2: all losses are your fault, all wins are because the guy got lucky Terran OP

mysticjuicer on
    narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    narwhal wrote: »
    I'll be there.
    Available and willing.

Sweet! Now I need an opponent. Narwhal, Loserforhirex, or ImthebOHGODBEES any of you done for a game tonight?

Can you play a bo3 around 9:30 tonight?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I'll be there.
    Available and willing.

I will be there!

I love any and all opportunities to play with my PA boys <3

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    I'll be there.
    Available and willing.

I will be there!

I love any and all opportunities to play with my PA boys <3

Great. We'll get in mumble a little after 9 (the time I think I originally said). You'll be coached by mEEks and me by Yilias. Everyone will be in the same lobby until the game starts, then we go into separate chats to play. Coaches will only watch our vision and give us advice based on what they see and what we are looking to do.

Sounds fun!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    oh oh do you think dhal would be awake by then to coach!!! or did you already have a coach lined up? I only ask because dhal has coached me before.

narwhal on
    Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    oh oh do you think dhal would be awake by then to coach!!! or did you already have a coach lined up? I only ask because dhal has coached me before.

Don't know, but the other two are ready and willing, especially on such short notice. BTW, is 9 good for you instead of 930?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Ho hum, coaching Protoss is definitely my weakness, but I'll try my best!

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I'll be at work by 10. I can coach via text but not voice. Probably better to let Meeks do it today.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Oooh I fell out of GM on SEA due to inactivity.

Saw that one coming.

• Options

Don't know, but the other two are ready and willing, especially on such short notice. BTW, is 9 good for you instead of 930?

Absolutely fine with me. All of these things are good stuff. Meeks isn't a toss player, but I'm sure he knows more about it than I do. I was hoping to learn how to build for/use high templar, but that can wait. :)

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    Not worth trying out high templar for a while. You'll just end up having other parts of your game suffer. They are not the easiest unit to control (in the sense of getting out of it what they're worth)

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular

Absolutely fine with me. All of these things are good stuff. Meeks isn't a toss player, but I'm sure he knows more about it than I do. I was hoping to learn how to build for/use high templar, but that can wait. :)

HTs are pretty standard in PvT, you'll probably be making them at some point.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    alright, thanks dhal. I was told to learn them by someone, shoulda checked with you first :P
    in that case, I still want to get better at remembering to scout and understanding what my opponent is doing based on what I see

Narwhal#1834
  • Options

HTs are pretty standard in PvT, you'll probably be making them at some point.

At my level, terran are the easiest for me to play. I tend to be more aggressive than them and just roll them

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    SaarutoSaaruto Registered User regular
    Just saw White-Ra use phoenix range upgrades to crush mutas with Nony commentating on the game. Today was a good day.

If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • Options
    JRoseyJRosey Registered User regular
    Wow White Ra's Phoenixes are SICK.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    You mean WhiteRa's phoenix lost =\

also, this showmatch is being hosted at a flea market?

there's random computer parts spread around everywhere.... seems a bit cheap

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    NewresNewres Registered User regular
    Damn I really wish WhiteRa could have won that game, that pheonix play was awesome.

960751-1.png
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I guess some people would consider SXSW a flea market?

Edit: God it seems like White-Ra can't even touch Stephano

Saaruto on
    If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Carrierssssss

This is the greatest PvZ ever played.

Yilias on
    Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    White Ra made fun games but man Stephano looks untouchable.

• Options
    One of the best PvZ's ever was White-Ra vs. Nerchio. White-Ra only had 1 gateway the entire game.

If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • Options
    Saaruto wrote: »

It's more that they have random sponsor products spread out on all of the tables and such, it looks like they're running a flea market and not the best showmanship.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    White-Ra is trying everything he can to prove that the carrier is viable... :(

• Options
    MMMig wrote: »
    Saaruto wrote: »

It's more that they have random sponsor products spread out on all of the tables and such, it looks like they're running a flea market and not the best showmanship.

I wasn't even aware that SXSW had a non music component until like 2 days ago

If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • Options
    Where can i find vods after this is done?

• Options
    TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    Is kambing going together streaming Nrwhal vs Dover?

• Options
    http://www.justin.tv/meeksisu

I'm streaming my Narwhal coaching and I'm drunkish.

• Options
    Beating Rank 24 master ling / bling with just lings and a final roach coup de grace.

*flex*

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular

Kebeh in the finals of the Plat/Diamond Tourney, starting shortly.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Mvrck wrote: »

Kebeh in the finals of the Plat/Diamond Tourney, starting shortly.

That's pretty awesome.

I like to think training for CSTL has something to do with his budding pro gaming career, :P

e: Oh god that smiley.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Seriously terran is so much more fun than protoss in every way except tvt. And tvt isnt any worse than pvp, really, except that i know how to play pvp and dont know how to play tvt.

• Options
    JRoseyJRosey Registered User regular
    I really, really hate that there is no way to win PvZ reliably without a fast expansion. It makes the matchup feel broken to me. I prefer to make my own builds and strategies, and being forced to do what every other protoss does makes it super lame. I don't even enjoy the game when it's PvZ anymore.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    try to say "I'm so happy that I can expand in pvz and there's very little the zerg can do to me quickly enough to punish it"

because really you do have to but there's no sense being bummed about it.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Expanding quickly is basically a necessity in every match-up apart from a few one base all-ins, I'm not sure why you're singling out PvZ.