As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Starcraft2] CLOSING TIME!! GO TO THE NEW THREAD!!

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    It sounds like you want to do bad builds and win anyway.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    First ever CKTP games for me vs Narwhal. Basically, mEEks was coaching Narwhal in real-time and Yilias was helping me.

repimg-33-257838.jpg
    repimg-33-257839.jpg
    repimg-33-257841.jpg
    repimg-33-257842.jpg

I noticed a HUGE difference with Yilias guiding me through the builds. Little things like scout timing or when to build what and upgrade. Money stayed low (for me at least) and I felt a lot more comfortable playing by the time the fourth game was done. This really made a difference.

So yeah, keep it up guys! CKTP for life!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    JRoseyJRosey Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »

Or I just prefer micro over macro? Up until now I thought both were viable in SCII.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    JRosey wrote: »

Or I just prefer micro over macro? Up until now I thought both were viable in SCII.

I mean generally speaking if you're good at one and bad at the other you'll lose to someone who's good at both.

But if you would prefer to just blink-stalker all-in all the time and just become as successful as possible with semi-cheesy high micro low-econ builds, more power to you. Seriously.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular

One base allins are perfecltly viable in pvz. I am not sure what your issue is here.

• Options
    Kb9kahneKb9kahne Registered User regular
    I would like to apologize for anyone who watched the finals of that tourney, I should have won that :/

11917-1.png
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    First ever CKTP games for me vs Narwhal. Basically, mEEks was coaching Narwhal in real-time and Yilias was helping me.

repimg-33-257838.jpg
    repimg-33-257839.jpg
    repimg-33-257841.jpg
    repimg-33-257842.jpg

I noticed a HUGE difference with Yilias guiding me through the builds. Little things like scout timing or when to build what and upgrade. Money stayed low (for me at least) and I felt a lot more comfortable playing by the time the fourth game was done. This really made a difference.

So yeah, keep it up guys! CKTP for life!

I really enjoyed doing this and I'm glad I was able to help.

Sorry I didn't lead you to victory in the first two games though, and for giving you bad Viking habits! D:

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    JRoseyJRosey Registered User regular

One base allins are perfecltly viable in pvz. I am not sure what your issue is here.

Feel free to share your knowledge here.

• Options

Feel free to share your knowledge here.

4gate, executed well, will still beat a ton of zergs at a low-medium level.

4gate blink allins still beat very very good zergs quite often. Warp prism 4gate is an excellent way to bypass a bunch of spine crawlers to get an easy win. One base immortal/sentry/zealot is a powerful all-in if you can lay down good forcefields.

• Options
    hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    Dover, I still cannot access the new CKTP spreadsheet. Halp I am not good with computer with your clouds and your privacy settings oh god when did I become old

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • Options
    narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    Hey meeks, thanks for the tips and teaching me the new build, I think it's pretty cool :D
    I would totes be up for more of these training sessions, I learned a lot :)

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
  • Options
    HummingbirdHummingbird Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    4gate, executed well, will still beat a ton of zergs at a low-medium level.

4gate blink allins still beat very very good zergs quite often. Warp prism 4gate is an excellent way to bypass a bunch of spine crawlers to get an easy win. One base immortal/sentry/zealot is a powerful all-in if you can lay down good forcefields.

Or if they misread. http://drop.sc/129619 just now 8)

EDIT: PS Dhal, now the real challenge is, can you make SEA GM mid-season? Or an even better challenge, NA GM mid-season :D

Hummingbird on
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I have just been informed that the Just Cheese League defeated Vari's Varis to face us in the finals.

Well if it isn't our favorite enemies from the regular season, kekeke.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular

"Fighting! ...oh! Oh no. ... ...oh."

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I really, really hate that there is no way to win PvZ reliably without a fast expansion. It makes the matchup feel broken to me. I prefer to make my own builds and strategies, and being forced to do what every other protoss does makes it super lame. I don't even enjoy the game when it's PvZ anymore.

Learning to FFE is really the best way to improve as protoss. It lets you do whatever you want behind it, it is great for someone looking to make their own builds. I'm sure most zergs can attest, 2 base timings are far more frightening than a single base all in, and they offer plenty of room for micro.

And this is coming from someone who resisted learning to FFE for a loooooooong time.

Sceptre on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    hlprmnky wrote: »
    Dover, I still cannot access the new CKTP spreadsheet. Halp I am not good with computer with your clouds and your privacy settings oh god when did I become old

I thought I made it public, I'll check again. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Its possible that people are using the link to the spreadsheet and trying to edit thir details directly into it. That had me stumped for a minute until i realised there was a separate link for a form to enter the details.

• Options
    fatalspoonsfatalspoons Registered User regular
    pa custom game nights. I love them.

• Options
    ImthebOHGODBEESImthebOHGODBEES Registered User regular
    Believe me, as a zerg playing against protoss, it's frustrating knowing that IF he does anything 1 base, I have to do the set response to it or I die. And if he FFAs, I have to do a different response or I die. I don't get any choice in what game I actually play until/unless I survive 14 or so minutes without him killing me. And even then my game is 75% decided by what he's doing. And of course if you try any cheese, and I'm more than 5 seconds slow in responding to it I die. I feel like PvZ I don't win, I just have to wait for you to screw something up and lose.

Do you, in fact, have any builds in this shop at all?
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    you always have a choice

just 6 pool that motherfucker and drone behind it

• Options
    TrunkersTrunkers Registered User regular
    I really, really hate that there is no way to win PvZ reliably without a fast expansion. It makes the matchup feel broken to me. I prefer to make my own builds and strategies, and being forced to do what every other protoss does makes it super lame. I don't even enjoy the game when it's PvZ anymore.

I win most my ladder PvZs on one base.

My MTG Cube Site - -http://riptidelab.com
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Man I like starcraft, and on boards and organized communities its great, but it's worse than fucking xbox live on the ladder. Why can't gamers behave like human beings in like, any video game

override367 on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    I have just been informed that the Just Cheese League defeated Vari's Varis to face us in the finals.

Well if it isn't our favorite enemies from the regular season, kekeke.

38th and joe k's games were played?

fuck

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Man I like starcraft, and on boards and organized communities its great, but it's worse than fucking xbox live on the ladder. Why can't gamers behave like human beings in like, any video game

i really dont have any significant problems with bad manner on ladder.

• Options
    TrunkersTrunkers Registered User regular

???

My SC2 opponents have on the whole been incredibly well mannered compared to Xbox Live. Maybe it's that it takes more effort for people to type mean things than spit them over the mic, but... I would take the SC2 crowd over XBL any day.
    Maybe it's because I mostly played Halo online.

My MTG Cube Site - -http://riptidelab.com
  • Options
    RedOneRedOne Registered User regular
    sc2 has some really hilarious BM though
    because they are frothing in so much rage
    that they just say some very off the wall shit

1495255-1.png?1331518337
  • Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Someone needs to link Gheed's blog now.

Or for that matter When Cheese Fails.

All kinds of BM in those two things.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I will say, even when I use to rage really bad, I always made sense and never used sexist or racist language

very very small almost invisible dot of pride that I take in that

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    All foreigners got knocked out of the Code A qualifiers again. Naniwa didn't participate, so there's a chance he already has a seed. Cella is 1-1 in the finals against a 300-point Masters player who got Byes all the way to the finals.

edit: 300-point Masters player wins and is now in Code A.

His Corkiness on
  • Options
    All foreigners got knocked out of the Code A qualifiers again. Naniwa didn't participate, so there's a chance he already has a seed. Cella is 1-1 in the finals against a 300-point Masters player who got Byes all the way to the finals.

Hahahaha jesus christ

also

you guys might enjoy this replay

http://drop.sc/129680

Terran player rushes BATTLE CRUISERS. I botched a roach opener that Hummingbird taught me, but I drone really hard behind it so I end up okay... then a Battlecruiser shows up to my base and I'm just like... what

It does some decent damage, but then I get hydras out and his subsequent attacks fail. Then he makes a tank and some hellions and goes all in with an SCV pull which dies to hydras, lings and a bunch of mutas.

WHAT he is PLATINUM how is the
    dks
    difojdisd

Had a similar weird build earlier tonight vs a Zerg who went 1 base roach rush against me, which I hold off with zerglings. Then he nydus's me and I managed to hold it off. He takes a fast third to catch up,b ut then I just a-move a small roach/hydra force to his base and win.

I'm done for the night this is madness

1495255-1.png?1331518337
  • Options
    how are these guys platinum seriously

1495255-1.png?1331518337
  • Options
    the BC rush guy used to be DIAMOND what the hell is going on

1495255-1.png?1331518337
  • Options
    lucky placements, probably.

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    lucky placements, probably.

*sage nod*

• Options
    Be interesting to see what changes in HotS to enable Protoss to deal with Broodlord/Infestor.

As it stands right now, if they removed the mothership but changed nothing else, lategame PvZ would be unwinnable. I'm curious to see what will change in HotS to make that no longer the case after they remove the mothership.

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    RedOne wrote: »
    how are these guys platinum seriously

I'm a platinum protoss and I've never:
    researched blink/charge/storm
    built a stargate/dark shrine
    and the real kicker
    never 4 gated or cannon rushed

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    YO

streammuuuuu~

join me on my futile journey for masterssss

• Options
    RofflorRofflor Adventurer Registered User regular
    Im so fucking sad that Naniwa isn't in code S.

But seriously, in platinum and never researched storm? Are you playing sc2, the first 6 months edition?

76561197968655073.png
  • Options
    PoolCuePoolCue Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    oh man sc2 the first 6 months edition was a fun time

TLO winning all the tournaments with cool tactics

50 thousand builds for each race being viable

steppes of war

good times

PoolCue on