As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] SPOILER ALL ME3 DISCUSSION. EVERY SINGLE BIT. EVEN HINTS.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    You know I never realized just how much I like Anderson.

Ending spoilers.
    I restarted a new game and just could not help but cry, loudly, at the opening sequence with Anderson, just remember Anderson say "You did good, child. I'm proud of you." It's amazing to me how much affection I have for him, considering I didn't get near the amount of time with him that I did with my crew mates.

Anderson is one hell of a stand up bro.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I really liked the genophage missions and I'm sure there are 2-3 resolutions I did not pick that I would have liked just as much.

I reaaaaaaally liked Rannoch. Watching the Geth shoot down the Quarians while Tali takes a cliff dive was probably the most emotionally charged moment you can experience in the entire series, I think.

I liked the game but the other content wasn't terribly memorable or well done. It's a shame the ending could not be at least similarly awesome as those two big decisions.

Also, at least speaking for the Liara romance, the conversations + sex scene were much more thoughtfully crafted than most of the romance stuff in the previous two games.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Ok, so...wow. Just finished installing and played for an hour. Biotic charge + shotgun to the face = blasted his head like a watermelon. Dude has no head!

steam_sig.png
  • spamfilterspamfilter Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    FightTest wrote: »
    spamfilter wrote: »
    Spoilers
    So a Bioware community manages says she interprets the ending as a dying hallucination.

That in addition to reddit thing above has given me a new theory.

We know that the two characters that step off the Normandy at the end after Joker is always your two squadmates who went with you on the final mission (unless you chose synthesis in which case it's Joker and EDI). What if they are you squadmates because they are hinting at the fact your squadmates carried your body back to the Normandy? That the ending after walking into the beam was all a hallucination. Anderson got there and pushed the button, not Shepard. And why it will be Shepard trapped in the Jungle. Because he's on the Normandy when it crashed, he was the next person walking off, they just didn't show it.
    I had this thought when the catalyst appeared as the kid that had been haunting you. It's entirely plausible since Shepard was going under next to Anderson, plus there was no reason for the elevator to take her out, and wasn't she in open space with no gear? However to me the whole, "LOL IT WAS JUST A DREAM" is about the most cliche bullshit anyone could pull and I really hope they didn't go that route.

Yeah uh
    I can buy it being a dream, but "everything still happened, but shep died and someone else pushed the button!" is somewhat silly. Then...why is it a dream?
    Well, here is the theory in it's complete form. The entire scene was actually an indoctrination attempt. That the kid was never real, Shepard sees the kid the first time when the Reapers were around, and the kid tells him something to completely demoralize him "nobody can help me", plus when Anderson talks to Shepard he snaps out of it and the kid is gone. Anderson never saw the kid because he isn't real. Even later on as Shepard sees the kid no one around the kid reacts to him. And then the ship gets blown up. All of it was part of an attempt to screw with his head. Indoctrination was always associated first with bad dreams, and Shepard's repeatedly have bad dreams throughout the game with the kid in it. And finally in this final confrontation the kid tells him that he is with the Reapers. So the final scene was all an indoctrination attempt to take over his mind. That's why if he chooses the control path (TIM's choice) or the synthesis (path), which is basically huskifying everyone, there is no Shepard awake scene at the end. Only if he chooses to destroy do you get the bonus still breathing shot, because by choosing to destroy the reaper (the one that Anderson chooses), he rejects the indoctrination.

I know it's stretching it but I can fanwank this better than the actual ending we got.

spamfilter on
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    I really liked the genophage missions and I'm sure there are 2-3 resolutions I did not pick that I would have liked just as much.

I reaaaaaaally liked Rannoch. Watching the Geth shoot down the Quarians while Tali takes a cliff dive was probably the most emotionally charged moment you can experience in the entire series, I think.

I liked the game but the other content wasn't terribly memorable or well done. It's a shame the ending could not be at least similarly awesome as those two big decisions.

Also, at least speaking for the Liara romance, the conversations + sex scene were much more thoughtfully crafted than most of the romance stuff in the previous two games.
    There are others that are just as powerful: killing Mordin, going target shooting with Garrus on the Presidium, bleeding out with Anderson as the arms of the Citadel slowly open...

• Blinks77Blinks77 Registered User regular
    Blinks77 wrote: »
    Tellerman wrote: »
    Gahhhh
    ME3 romance spoilers
    I almost wish I didn't romance Tali after watching she and Garrus. It's perfect!

Yeah, that made me smirk when I caught them.

More ending stuff.
    So, I get why Joker would be trying to get the Normandy during the kill all synthetics ending (though not sure how he would know about it), but what is the point of him fleeing during the control the Reapers ending? He has this look of desperation to get away from the blue showckwave, but why? Would have no effect on EDI or him.

Though, now that someone else posted it, I can totally buy into the whole thing being a dream sequence by a dying Shepard.

My favorite part about that whole sequence was right after Shepard looks at himself bleeding, Hackett calls up and saying the Crusible isn't working. Then Shep, dying alone with one of his best friends dead beside him, slowly struggles to his feet and says, in almost a begging voice, "What do you need me to do?"

I felt so much pity for Shepard at that point, he spent so many years fighting and sacrificing and you finally think he could rest, but even when his life seems like it's over, he wants to know how he can help.

Brought a tear to my eye.
    Yeah, that really got me; although, the second time I went through it I really wanted a renegade interrupt along the lines of "Can't you even let me die in peace?" I know humanity needs shep but it seems like Hackett's not even honoring her sacrifice

Although there was a lot of sacrificing going on that day
    It's been pointed out before but it kind of needs restating. Right up until the elevator. Right until that very point. It's all perfect. It's just afterwards that it goes to shit.

Though ignoring everything after the elevator i thought the scene with Anderson was beautifully done. The music was perfect and the whole scene was just wonderfully well crafted.
    That moment, along with Thane/Mordin dying, Ash in the hospital and a number of other scenes made me tear up. My girlfriend made fun of me, but she didn't know. Then the eleveator took us straight to Let-Down Town, in the middle of bad part of the neighborhood...
    Thane's death kills me. It really does. Everytime i watch it i still tear up. The whole.. saying a prayer for me while he's pretty much choking on his last breaths on his death bed. I'm not religious but as with most things it's the thought that counts and that sort of heart felt affection is a beautiful thing.

Mordin's death... doesn't make me tear up. I guess because it is, truly, bittersweet. He dies. Yes but... finally his mind is in agreement with his heart. He's never liked the genophage, even when he understood and agreed with the reasoning behind it. At the end though he's finally able to bring both mind and i guess soul into harmony as he cures it.

• SpazMuffinSpazMuffin Hey Cut it outRegistered User regular
    Ok, ending questions time
    I just beat the game and I was a bit confused about my final choice. For me, it looked like I had two choices, go Anderson or TIM style. Looking online I see there is a third option of synthesis? How would I get that ending? Also I remember reading that if you didn't play multiplayer you could still get the best ending. Would that require doing every possible mission? I did a lot of side missions and ended with 5253 military strength, but the entire game my readiness never budged from 50%, which left me with 2626 effective points, which apparently is just a hair short of a different ending. I mean, most of the side missions are small points and I did most of them. Is the only way to change your readiness through multiplayer?

Cosgrove_Face_Sig.jpg
    Gahhhh
    ME3 romance spoilers
    I almost wish I didn't romance Tali after watching she and Garrus. It's perfect!

More ending stuff.
    So, I get why Joker would be trying to get the Normandy during the kill all synthetics ending (though not sure how he would know about it), but what is the point of him fleeing during the control the Reapers ending? He has this look of desperation to get away from the blue showckwave, but why? Would have no effect on EDI or him.

Though, now that someone else posted it, I can totally buy into the whole thing being a dream sequence by a dying Shepard.

My favorite part about that whole sequence was right after Shepard looks at himself bleeding, Hackett calls up and saying the Crusible isn't working. Then Shep, dying alone with one of his best friends dead beside him, slowly struggles to his feet and says, in almost a begging voice, "What do you need me to do?"

I felt so much pity for Shepard at that point, he spent so many years fighting and sacrificing and you finally think he could rest, but even when his life seems like it's over, he wants to know how he can help.

Yeah, that really got me; although, the second time I went through it I really wanted a renegade interrupt along the lines of "Can't you even let me die in peace?" I know humanity needs shep but it seems like Hackett's not even honoring her sacrifice

It's been pointed out before but it kind of needs restating. Right up until the elevator. Right until that very point. It's all perfect. It's just afterwards that it goes to shit.

Though ignoring everything after the elevator i thought the scene with Anderson was beautifully done. The music was perfect and the whole scene was just wonderfully well crafted.
    That moment, along with Thane/Mordin dying, Ash in the hospital and a number of other scenes made me tear up. My girlfriend made fun of me, but she didn't know. Then the eleveator took us straight to Let-Down Town, in the middle of bad part of the neighborhood...
    Thane's death kills me. It really does. Everytime i watch it i still tear up. The whole.. saying a prayer for me while he's pretty much choking on his last breaths on his death bed. I'm not religious but as with most things it's the thought that counts and that sort of heart felt affection is a beautiful thing.

Mordin's death... doesn't make me tear up. I guess because it is, truly, bittersweet. He dies. Yes but... finally his mind is in agreement with his heart. He's never liked the genophage, even when he understood and agreed with the reasoning behind it. At the end though he's finally able to bring both mind and i guess soul into harmony as he cures it.
    Sabatoge the cure and then shoot him in the back.

Fuck.

Watching that scene is like getting gutshot by a firing squad.

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Spoilers
    So a Bioware community manages says she interprets the ending as a dying hallucination.

We know that the two characters that step off the Normandy at the end after Joker is always your two squadmates who went with you on the final mission (unless you chose synthesis in which case it's Joker and EDI). What if they are you squadmates because they are hinting at the fact your squadmates carried your body back to the Normandy? That the ending after walking into the beam was all a hallucination. Anderson got there and pushed the button, not Shepard. And why it will be Shepard trapped in the Jungle. Because he's on the Normandy when it crashed, he was the next person walking off, they just didn't show it.
    I had this thought when the catalyst appeared as the kid that had been haunting you. It's entirely plausible since Shepard was going under next to Anderson, plus there was no reason for the elevator to take her out, and wasn't she in open space with no gear? However to me the whole, "LOL IT WAS JUST A DREAM" is about the most cliche bullshit anyone could pull and I really hope they didn't go that route.

Yeah uh
    I can buy it being a dream, but "everything still happened, but shep died and someone else pushed the button!" is somewhat silly. Then...why is it a dream?
    Well, here is the theory in it's complete form. The entire scene was actually an indoctrination attempt. That the kid was never real, Shepard sees the kid the first time when the Reapers were around, and the kid tells him something to completely demoralize him"nobody can help me", plus when Anderson talks to him he snaps out of it and the kid is gone. Anderson never saw the kid because he isn't real. Even later on as Shepard sees the kid no one around the kid reacts to him. And then the ship gets blown up. All of it was part of an attempt to screw with his head. Indoctrination was always associated first with bad dreams, and Shepard's repeatedly have bad dreams throughout the game with the kid in it. And finally in this final confrontation the kid is tell him that he is with the Reapers. So the final scene was all an indoctrination attempt to take over his mind. That's why if he chooses the control path (TIM's choice) or the synthesis (path), which is basically huskifying everyone, there is no Shepard awake scene at the end. Only if he chooses to destroy do you get the bonus still breathing shot, because bychoosing to destroy the reaper (the one that Anderson chooses), he rejects the indoctrination.

I know it's stretching it but I can fanwank this better than the actual ending we got.
    I always sort of assumed that the kid was real, and the Catalyst was just using something out of Shepard's head to interface with him. I like this one, though. A lot.

• Z0reZ0re Registered User regular
    You probably will, but for a lot of people, including me, the rest of the game is totally worth it.

I have the opposite reaction, if I could go back in time and prevent myself from buying the game I would, or at least prevent myself from playing the singleplayer.

It was so jarring and bad that it's actually made me hate video games. Seriously I can't bring myself to play anything for more than a half hour since I beat mass effect 3, and I don't know why. I'd probably be less upset if the game punched me in the testicles.

You are taking this waaaaay too hard.

That kind of emotional investment and reaction sounds incredibly unhealthy.
    Hoz wrote: »
    Orca wrote: »
    End Spoiler
    Did anyone else think that people were calling the Stargazer Buzz Aldrin because from his stance it looked like he could be yelling at the moon?
    Uh...well, it is Buzz Aldrin...
    Oh I'm aware of that now, but I didn't recognize his voice at first and I just assumed it was a reference to this

Unrelated Ending Commentary
    I would so pay $10 for what felt like proper ending DLC maybe something to fix that last 4 minutes and from there I'd gladly settle for DA:O style Text with pretty backgrounds...

Bioware, why can't I quit you?

I was actually struck pretty hard by how much better DA:O handled their endgame sequence than ME3.
    You actually see and fight beside and tactically use the allies that you picked, and the crew mates that cannot fit into your active party made cameo appearances as you assaulted the city.

Seemed like such a no-brainer to take those ideas and run with them.
    I totally thought that's where this was heading, too. That's why I took so long on the war assests and galactic readiness stuff. I was really excited to do something like DA:O, then was let down when it wasn't going to happen.
    That's what I was thinking. Since most of the game was so linear and bare bones when compared to the first and second Mass Effect, I just assumed that they had invested a lot more in the ending.
    I think we may have played different Mass Effect 2's.

That game was extremely bare bones outside of the, very well done, Character Loyalty missions. Compared to some of the sidequests especially, ME3 is packed with content.

Except the repurposed MP map missions. Those reminded me too much of the old and terrible sidequests.

• ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Spoilers

Yeah uh
    Well, here is the theory in it's complete form. The entire scene was actually an indoctrination attempt. That the kid was never real, Shepard sees the kid the first time when the Reapers were around, and the kid tells him something to completely demoralize him"nobody can help me", plus when Anderson talks to him he snaps out of it and the kid is gone. Anderson never saw the kid because he isn't real. Even later on as Shepard sees the kid no one around the kid reacts to him. And then the ship gets blown up. All of it was part of an attempt to screw with his head. Indoctrination was always associated first with bad dreams, and Shepard's repeatedly have bad dreams throughout the game with the kid in it. And finally in this final confrontation the kid is tell him that he is with the Reapers. So the final scene was all an indoctrination attempt to take over his mind. That's why if he chooses the control path (TIM's choice) or the synthesis (path), which is basically huskifying everyone, there is no Shepard awake scene at the end. Only if he chooses to destroy do you get the bonus still breathing shot, because bychoosing to destroy the reaper (the one that Anderson chooses), he rejects the indoctrination.

I always sort of assumed that the kid was real, and the Catalyst was just using something out of Shepard's head to interface with him. I like this one, though. A lot.
    You know, this makes a whole lot of goddamn sense to me. I'm actually going to replay the single player again with this in mind and see if pans out.

There are others that are just as powerful: killing Mordin, going target shooting with Garrus on the Presidium, bleeding out with Anderson as the arms of the Citadel slowly open...
    Killing Mordin was an alternative choice during the genophage mission, yeah?

Come to think of it, the fight with James and hanging out with Garrus were both cool.

Anderson's death was well done along with the top-notch voice acting on, "What do you need me to do?"

Killing Mordin was an alternative choice during the genophage mission, yeah?

Come to think of it, the fight with James and hanging out with Garrus were both cool.

Anderson's death was well done along with the top-notch voice acting on, "What do you need me to do?"
    Yeah, if you went with the Salarian argument.

I watched a video and just, goddamn.

Releasing the cure was moving in a good way.

Killing Mordin, Shepard throws her gun away in obvious anger and disgust--the same disgust I felt watching it. Had to do it. Alternative would be worse.

And then Mordin agonizingly tries to finish his mission, pushing beyond the limits of his body--the same way you do when things go wrong up in the Citadel.

And just like you in the Citadel, he fails...

• Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Gahhhh
    ME3 romance spoilers

More ending stuff.

Fuck.

I did that too. I felt like shit after Shooting him. You can tell Shepard does too by how he throws his pistol on the ground. You can feel his disgust and frustration on what he just did.

Gets even worse when you see Mordin slowly crawling, bleeding to the controls, telling himself he can make it, the. He dies alone in the middle of falling tower, knowing he will be forgotten for all time because of his failure.

D:

Some really excellent emotional sequences in this game. I guess that's why the ending is so jarring.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • spamfilterspamfilter Registered User regular
    Gahhhh
    ME3 romance spoilers

More ending stuff.

Fuck.

I did that too. I felt like shit after Shooting him. You can tell Shepard does too by how he throws his pistol on the ground. You can feel his disgust and frustration on what he just did.

Gets even worse when you see Mordin slowly crawling, bleeding to the controls, telling himself he can make it, the. He dies alone in the middle of falling tower, knowing he will be forgotten for all time because of his failure.

D:

Some really excellent emotional sequences in this game. I guess that's why the ending is so jarring.
    That's what really ticks me off about the ending, if it weren't for how bad it is, we'd all be talking about the myriad of amazing moments spread throughout this game. But the ending becomes the only thing because of the dark shadow it casts over everything.

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    It will calm down... eventually.

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Nope, ruined forever. Fifty fans have already taken part in a suicide pact in the River Thames and the Biocorp offices are burning.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    i'm satisfied if the reaper cycle is disrupted

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
    Awesome midgame moments.
    For me, having played the entireity of the planet's missions in one sitting, Rannoch was absolutely phenomenal. And having romanced Tali only made it better.

Infiltrating the Geth server, Tron style, rescuing Admiral Xen, escaping from an exploding dreadnought, all topped off by Shepard being a complete badass and taking a Reaper on in ground combat. And winning.

Then, the only choice in the game that literally made my heart pound. I loved both the Quarians and the Geth as species, so the idea that I'd have to choose was horrible.

Next dialogue wheel had a Persuade option.

This ensued.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xjnht1k8M7w

I defeated two fleets by screaming at them.

Highlight of the game, imo.

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    ending so bad that it made someone hate video games

oh man, I really need to hurry up and beat this game

PNk1Ml4.png
  • RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    What does "slows power use by 60%" mean? Is that increasing power cooldowns?

Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
    Awesome midgame moments.
    For me, having played the entireity of the planet's missions in one sitting, Rannoch was absolutely phenomenal. And having romanced Tali only made it better.

Infiltrating the Geth server, Tron style, rescuing Admiral Xen, escaping from an exploding dreadnought, all topped off by Shepard being a complete badass and taking a Reaper on in ground combat. And winning.

Then, the only choice in the game that literally made my heart pound. I loved both the Quarians and the Geth as species, so the idea that I'd have to choose was horrible.

This ensued.

I think the game is weaker for allowing the player the ability to persuade their way out of actually making that choice.

-Tal wrote: »

You need to Tal, because then I can show you the greatest thing ever.

5,000 views and climbing.

• HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    So... i thought soldiers where going to have a 'bonus' or something for carry weight? because beyond the +50 in 'combat mastery' i'm not seeing it... With the combat mastery +50 (losing you weapon damage bonus and ammo damage bonus in the process) And the *lightest* weapons in each slot you only get +44 with 7.5s or so adrenaline rush which is nice... but like i said thats with mostly crappy guns...

Even just taking a rifle/shotgun (without the bonus) only gains you +%29 (with good guns)... with the load-out i mostly use AR is 26s...

Also interestingly it doesn't look like armor that effects 'power recharge' works with AR.

What do other soldiers normally run with?

1Gn4PNI.png
    edited March 2012
    Awesome midgame moments.

This ensued.

I think the game is weaker for allowing the player the ability to persuade their way out of actually making that choice.

From an objective standpoint?

Yeah.

From my standpoint?

When it worked, I jumped up in the air, fist raised. I don't care how much weaker it was. I loved it.

EDIT: Well, I screwed up the tags. Also, a bit more of my thoughts on the matter in the spoiler (along with actual spoilers).
    I feel like out of any decision you're forced to make, that one makes the most sense out of any of them for the ability to persuade. As much as I like the Quarians, their decision to attack the Geth was idiotic at best. And even in ME2, there were those within their ranks who knew as much. The ability to talk my way out of it felt natural, especially since I was, in fact, correct. It seemed less like persuading them to call off the attack and more persuading them to just trust me, for just one minute, hold on and trust me and see what happens. I felt like I'd earned that right at that point.

Etchwarts on
    Heroth wrote: »
    So... i thought soldiers where going to have a 'bonus' or something for carry weight? because beyond the +50 in 'combat mastery' i'm not seeing it... With the combat mastery +50 (losing you weapon damage bonus and ammo damage bonus in the process) And the *lightest* weapons in each slot you only get +44 with 7.5s or so adrenaline rush which is nice... but like i said thats with mostly crappy guns...

Even just taking a rifle/shotgun (without the bonus) only gains you +%29 (with good guns)... with the load-out i mostly use AR is 26s...

Also interestingly it doesn't look like armor that effects 'power recharge' works with AR.

What do other soldiers normally run with?

I run with the Mattock and Graal Spike Thrower, and I'm usually getting the numbers you're talking about.

can you tell me how far I am now without spoilers
    about to head to Rannoch

PNk1Ml4.png
  • mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    Takyris said that the writers of the ending weren't part of the regular writing squad. I wonder what that was all about.

I never actually suspected they would do that, but given the disconnect between the ending and the rest of the game it's not at all surprising.

steam_sig.png
    You damn kids and your video game endings. In my day this was considered a good ending!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNJM4Plnj6w&feature=related

about to head to Rannoch

I want to say something like halfway there.
    I think you will be very, very happy with what happens there.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Awesome midgame moments.

This ensued.

The paragon/renegade conversation options and interrupts are usually always the cheater's way out. They also tend to be far more awesome. :D
    Also I agree that if the ending was great, this thread would have been 100 pages of people saying this was one of the greatest games ever made. It's so fantastic all the way through, with so many awesome, emotional moments only to get chucked out right at the end. As terrible as it would be, I'm really hoping for some new ending DLC, and I would totally buy it because god damnit, I've invested too much time and emotion into this setting to have the story end this way.

aeNqQM9.jpg

about to head to Rannoch

jesus christ this game is long

I just clocked in at 30 hours

PNk1Ml4.png
    edited March 2012
    More like 2/3rds. But you're getting there.

Keep your finger on the left mouse button...

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

about to head to Rannoch

what the hell have you been doing?

Dox the PI on
  • Blinks77Blinks77 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I never actually suspected they would do that, but given the disconnect between the ending and the rest of the game it's not at all surprising.

But... why though? It makes so little sense. I mean, it'd be akin to Valve outsourcing the final climatic boss fight of the whole half-life series to ..like.. square-enix.

If i'm playing a bioware game i expect bioware writing. If i wanted Clarke or Asimov i'd be reading Clarke or Asimov.

Blinks77 on
    Yeah. I hit ~40 hours all told, doing everything, talking to everyone, and listening to all the ambients I could find.

One (professional) review I read took 50 hours on the game.

The more the merrier. Good times throughout.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Takyris said that the writers of the ending weren't part of the regular writing squad. I wonder what that was all about.

But... why though? It makes so little sense. I mean, it'd be akin to Valve outsourcing the final climatic boss fight of the whole half-life series to ..like.. square-enix.

If i'm playing a bioware game i expect bioware writing. If i wanted Clarke or Asimov i'd be reading Clarke or Asimov.

It's also not accurate. He said it was the head writer and co-head and they didn't apparently hold it up to peer review like the rest of the game.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    Awesome midgame moments.

This ensued.

From an objective standpoint?

Yeah.

From my standpoint?

When it worked, I jumped up in the air, fist raised. I don't care how much weaker it was. I loved it.

Sure, sure. Of course preference varies person to person.
    I would have to assume there was pressure to include a "save both races" option to allow for every race existing in any future games, any ways.

Dox the PI wrote: »

about to head to Rannoch

what the hell have you been doing?

well I'm playing on insanity, for one

and I've been doing lots of side missions but I'm not consciously going for 100%

PNk1Ml4.png

The writing was done by members of the Mass Effect team. The problem is that it was a limited number (two) of them, and they didn't bring the other writers in on it, other than to implement what they'd already created.

This discussion has been closed.