As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] SPOILER ALL ME3 DISCUSSION. EVERY SINGLE BIT. EVEN HINTS.

• JohnDoeJohnDoe Registered User regular
    The more I think about the
    spamfilter wrote: »
    Orca wrote: »
    Blinks77 wrote: »
    Tellerman wrote: »
    Gahhhh
    ME3 romance spoilers
    I almost wish I didn't romance Tali after watching she and Garrus. It's perfect!

Yeah, that made me smirk when I caught them.

More ending stuff.
    So, I get why Joker would be trying to get the Normandy during the kill all synthetics ending (though not sure how he would know about it), but what is the point of him fleeing during the control the Reapers ending? He has this look of desperation to get away from the blue showckwave, but why? Would have no effect on EDI or him.

Though, now that someone else posted it, I can totally buy into the whole thing being a dream sequence by a dying Shepard.

My favorite part about that whole sequence was right after Shepard looks at himself bleeding, Hackett calls up and saying the Crusible isn't working. Then Shep, dying alone with one of his best friends dead beside him, slowly struggles to his feet and says, in almost a begging voice, "What do you need me to do?"

I felt so much pity for Shepard at that point, he spent so many years fighting and sacrificing and you finally think he could rest, but even when his life seems like it's over, he wants to know how he can help.

Brought a tear to my eye.
    Yeah, that really got me; although, the second time I went through it I really wanted a renegade interrupt along the lines of "Can't you even let me die in peace?" I know humanity needs shep but it seems like Hackett's not even honoring her sacrifice

Although there was a lot of sacrificing going on that day
    It's been pointed out before but it kind of needs restating. Right up until the elevator. Right until that very point. It's all perfect. It's just afterwards that it goes to shit.

Though ignoring everything after the elevator i thought the scene with Anderson was beautifully done. The music was perfect and the whole scene was just wonderfully well crafted.
    That moment, along with Thane/Mordin dying, Ash in the hospital and a number of other scenes made me tear up. My girlfriend made fun of me, but she didn't know. Then the eleveator took us straight to Let-Down Town, in the middle of bad part of the neighborhood...
    Thane's death kills me. It really does. Everytime i watch it i still tear up. The whole.. saying a prayer for me while he's pretty much choking on his last breaths on his death bed. I'm not religious but as with most things it's the thought that counts and that sort of heart felt affection is a beautiful thing.

Mordin's death... doesn't make me tear up. I guess because it is, truly, bittersweet. He dies. Yes but... finally his mind is in agreement with his heart. He's never liked the genophage, even when he understood and agreed with the reasoning behind it. At the end though he's finally able to bring both mind and i guess soul into harmony as he cures it.
    Sabatoge the cure and then shoot him in the back.

Fuck.

Watching that scene is like getting gutshot by a firing squad.
    I did that too. I felt like shit after Shooting him. You can tell Shepard does too by how he throws his pistol on the ground. You can feel his disgust and frustration on what he just did.

Gets even worse when you see Mordin slowly crawling, bleeding to the controls, telling himself he can make it, the. He dies alone in the middle of falling tower, knowing he will be forgotten for all time because of his failure.

D:

Some really excellent emotional sequences in this game. I guess that's why the ending is so jarring.
    That's what really ticks me off about the ending, if it weren't for how bad it is, we'd all be talking about the myriad of amazing moments spread throughout this game. But the ending becomes the only thing because of the dark shadow it casts over everything.

Yeah. Going through the game all I could of was "That was so awesome/perfect/heartbreaking/badass". Then the ending hits.... Now it overshadows all the good parts of the game.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    ending so bad that it made someone hate video games

oh man, I really need to hurry up and beat this game

You need to Tal, because then I can show you the greatest thing ever.

5,000 views and climbing.

can you tell me how far I am now without spoilers
    about to head to Rannoch

I want to say something like halfway there.
    I think you will be very, very happy with what happens there.

jesus christ this game is long

I just clocked in at 30 hours

You have 30 hours and you're only where you are? What have you been doing exactly? I thought I was taking it slow and I'm only at 21 or so.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Takyris said that the writers of the ending weren't part of the regular writing squad. I wonder what that was all about.

I never actually suspected they would do that, but given the disconnect between the ending and the rest of the game it's not at all surprising.

But... why though? It makes so little sense. I mean, it'd be akin to Valve outsourcing the final climatic boss fight of the whole half-life series to ..like.. square-enix.

If i'm playing a bioware game i expect bioware writing. If i wanted Clarke or Asimov i'd be reading Clarke or Asimov.

The writing was done by members of the Mass Effect team. The problem is that it was a limited number (two) of them, and they didn't bring the other writers in on it, other than to implement what they'd already created.

Yeah, the specific issue was no peer review, when all the other writing in the game had peer review to shore up the weaknesses.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular

about to head to Rannoch

wow I didn't realise I had that much left

I just hit 24 hours and I've done a couple of Rannoch missions, fully maxed out the reputation bar and pretty much filled the war assets bar too because I've done every sidemission I could find

and it feels like insanity this time around is easier than ME2

I carry just my graal and N7 smg everywhere my charge cooldown is crazy fast, lots of fun

• SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    So I beat the game and ending spoilers
    like everyone else, I'm rather disappointed with everything past the elevator. For starters, I disagree with the contention the game decides to make out of the blue. The technological singularity theory has always been little more than science's very own brand of anti-intellectualism. Super-smart AI as enemy only really makes sense if the AI evolved through the parasitism/hyper-parasitism modality(ie Hyperion Cantos). I much prefer the Greg Egan perspective on the matter("Diaspora," etc).

That said, the synthesis option is the good and proper solution, but how they got there was rubbish. There is no viable reason why it had not been done up until that point except "lol macguffin." it bugged me too how they framed it as the middle option, and the other two as paragon or renegade(notice the blue in one corner and red on the other?). And yet, the paragon option is anything but.

Furthermore, the execution was terrible. Where's the character resolution? How can you produce what might be the very best series of character moments in all of video games, and completely drop the ball with resolving those character stories? And seriously, fuck that epilogue. I can't hate on the bad voice acting too much because hey cool Buzz Aldrin, but deciding to frame the entire narrative as a grandpa telling a story? "some of the details might be off?" wtf? No, the goddamn details are all right because I made those choices, damn you.

Basically, if you're going to ignore the characters at the end and go for a hard scifi contention, then you should at least have it make some damn sense. Mass Effect 3 was one big run of validation and awesome character moments, and they undid a lot of that good will at the very end.

3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I never actually suspected they would do that, but given the disconnect between the ending and the rest of the game it's not at all surprising.

But... why though? It makes so little sense. I mean, it'd be akin to Valve outsourcing the final climatic boss fight of the whole half-life series to ..like.. square-enix.

If i'm playing a bioware game i expect bioware writing. If i wanted Clarke or Asimov i'd be reading Clarke or Asimov.

The recent Deus Ex farmed out all their boss battles.

What could possibly go wr-

Hrm.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Furthermore, the execution was terrible. Where's the character resolution? How can you produce what might be the very best series of character moments in all of video games, and completely drop the ball with resolving those character stories? And seriously, fuck that epilogue. I can't hate on the bad voice acting too much because hey cool Buzz Aldrin, but deciding to frame the entire narrative as a grandpa telling a story? "some of the details might be off?" wtf? No, the goddamn details are all right because I made those choices, damn you.
    The ending was written without being reviewed by most of the writing staff, unlike all the other parts of the game

Dongs Galore on
  • Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    So apparently people will kick you out of multi for just BEING a Vanguard. Haha, losers.

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    They don't know the power the Vanguard weilds, and they are afraid.

It's like the Council, they don't want to admit that Vanguards are a threat so they silence you for bringing it up.

• Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Well, just finished the campaign. Overall, I liked it a lot. It's not the quantum leap from ME1 to ME2, but I wasn't really expecting that either. They took what they had from ME2 and just ran with it, making improvements here and there. They tightened up the gameplay and removed some stuff like hacking minigames, which in hindsight wasn't really needed. It's a great game, because they do deliver on the emotional aspect of the series. The reunion with all your past friends and colleagues is fantastic and it genuinely feels like you've formed a close bond with all these different and unique personalities throughout the universe. There's a lot of sacrifices in this story, and some of them left me wanting to cry, while others left me awestruck. There's a bit of an emotional rollercoaster and that's exactly what you'd want in the conclusion to this storied trilogy.

Of course, I did find a few things odd along the way. Liara was my love interest throughout the series, and I really didn't feel like I got as much interaction with her as I was expecting. Often after a mission, you'll go around to different crew compartments for a chat, and I felt that as my girlfriend, Liara would have a lot to say. But strangely, there weren't all that many dialogue wheel sequences with her. In fact, I actually felt like I got way more sequences with Garrus. And that's a good bromance and all, I love Garrus like a brother, but it seemed strange that BioWare gave me more significant interactions with him then with the girl I've slept with. There were also multiple cutscenes with Liara where she talked about us being friends, which just seemed really odd, as if I were watching scenes meant for a playthrough where Shepard had hooked up with someone else. I mean, I slept with her way back in ME1, I don't think we should really be calling each other friends anymore? Kinda hurt my feelings, just a bit. Of course, I dunno what other people's experiences with Tali or Ashley romances are like, so maybe they get more interactions.

Now spoilers to talk about the bad ending:
    I don't think I cared for that ending.

Why was the Catalyst in the form of the stupid kid that I kept having bad dreams about? I never cared about that kid. And why would the Catalyst know to take that form? Could it read my mind? Is it naturally a blue ghost kid? Was that kid in the beginning of the game the Catalyst? Why would the Catalyst be a little dumb kid living on earth?

Also, I'm still not even sure what the Catalyst is. It said it controlled the Citadel. Does that mean it's the Reapers? Is it one of the Reapers? Is it something even higher, controlling the Reapers? Is it just God? It never really explained what it was.

The Catalyst's plan doesn't really make much sense. The whole idea is that organics will create synthetic life, like the geth, and they'll wipe out all organic life. So instead, the Reapers come and wipe out most advanced organic life every once in a while? That sounds like a really dumb plan. Instead of the Geth wiping out all organics, you've got the Reapers, wiping out almost all organics. Surely there must be something a bit less destructive they could've come up with. Like... why don't the Reapers come around every once in a while and wipe out any sentient AI that are hellbent on killing the organics? And they can create new Reapers out of the elements of the rogue AI? See, that even makes more sense, cause you're using the parts of sentient robots to build more sentient robots, instead of the idiotic notion of using organic tissue juice to grow new sentient robots.

And at the end, you can choose to send out some sort of pulse to merge all organic and synthetic life together, like a new DNA. Well... that sounds like magic. How would that even work? How could a green flash of light convert everyone's structure into this new amalgam? It sounds like a huge deus ex machina.

The ending cutscene is always the Normandy landing on some beautiful tropical planet, evoking the imagery of a garden of Eden. It looks nice and all, but it just makes no sense. Last time I checked, all the important squad members of Shepard were down on Earth, fighting with him. Now they suddenly end up back on the ship with Joker? EDI and Liara and James? How did that happen?

EDIT: Here's a drinking game for ME3. Take a drink anytime someone says the word "Crucible." You're gonna die.

Delta Assault on
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    I can't stop laughing now that I've replaced Shepard with The Doctor.

Oh goodness.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Gahhhh
    ME3 romance spoilers
    I almost wish I didn't romance Tali after watching she and Garrus. It's perfect!

More ending stuff.
    So, I get why Joker would be trying to get the Normandy during the kill all synthetics ending (though not sure how he would know about it), but what is the point of him fleeing during the control the Reapers ending? He has this look of desperation to get away from the blue showckwave, but why? Would have no effect on EDI or him.

Though, now that someone else posted it, I can totally buy into the whole thing being a dream sequence by a dying Shepard.

My favorite part about that whole sequence was right after Shepard looks at himself bleeding, Hackett calls up and saying the Crusible isn't working. Then Shep, dying alone with one of his best friends dead beside him, slowly struggles to his feet and says, in almost a begging voice, "What do you need me to do?"

I felt so much pity for Shepard at that point, he spent so many years fighting and sacrificing and you finally think he could rest, but even when his life seems like it's over, he wants to know how he can help.

Yeah, that really got me; although, the second time I went through it I really wanted a renegade interrupt along the lines of "Can't you even let me die in peace?" I know humanity needs shep but it seems like Hackett's not even honoring her sacrifice

It's been pointed out before but it kind of needs restating. Right up until the elevator. Right until that very point. It's all perfect. It's just afterwards that it goes to shit.

Though ignoring everything after the elevator i thought the scene with Anderson was beautifully done. The music was perfect and the whole scene was just wonderfully well crafted.
    That moment, along with Thane/Mordin dying, Ash in the hospital and a number of other scenes made me tear up. My girlfriend made fun of me, but she didn't know. Then the eleveator took us straight to Let-Down Town, in the middle of bad part of the neighborhood...
    Thane's death kills me. It really does. Everytime i watch it i still tear up. The whole.. saying a prayer for me while he's pretty much choking on his last breaths on his death bed. I'm not religious but as with most things it's the thought that counts and that sort of heart felt affection is a beautiful thing.

Mordin's death... doesn't make me tear up. I guess because it is, truly, bittersweet. He dies. Yes but... finally his mind is in agreement with his heart. He's never liked the genophage, even when he understood and agreed with the reasoning behind it. At the end though he's finally able to bring both mind and i guess soul into harmony as he cures it.

Fuck.

I saw this on YouTube. It was hard seeing Mordin totally snap on SHepard; "I MADE A MISTAKE!"

Also, after he gets shot in the back, and still rides up the elevator, I thought "Oh fuck, please die on the way, don't tell me he's going to be crawli-AW MAN NO NO NO D8"

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    So apparently people will kick you out of multi for just BEING a Vanguard. Haha, losers.

That happened to me today.

Then I was high scorer of the match.

So nya.

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Basil wrote: »
    I can't stop laughing now that I've replaced Shepard with The Doctor.

Oh goodness.

Wait, like a facial code?

Because I sort of demand that code.

NOW.

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Takyris said that the writers of the ending weren't part of the regular writing squad. I wonder what that was all about.

The writing was done by members of the Mass Effect team. The problem is that it was a limited number (two) of them, and they didn't bring the other writers in on it, other than to implement what they'd already created.

Yeah, this is a very bad idea in general, let alone when making the grand finale of a hugely successful three-part story.

Hopefully, the reception they've gotten will teach them to never do that again.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

Goatmon wrote: »

Yeah, this is a very bad idea in general, let alone when making the grand finale of a hugely successful three-part story.

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

• Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    Gahhhh
    ME3 romance spoilers

More ending stuff.

Fuck.

I did that too. I felt like shit after Shooting him. You can tell Shepard does too by how he throws his pistol on the ground. You can feel his disgust and frustration on what he just did.

Gets even worse when you see Mordin slowly crawling, bleeding to the controls, telling himself he can make it, the. He dies alone in the middle of falling tower, knowing he will be forgotten for all time because of his failure.

D:

Some really excellent emotional sequences in this game. I guess that's why the ending is so jarring.
    That's what really ticks me off about the ending, if it weren't for how bad it is, we'd all be talking about the myriad of amazing moments spread throughout this game. But the ending becomes the only thing because of the dark shadow it casts over everything.

Yeah. Going through the game all I could of was "That was so awesome/perfect/heartbreaking/badass". Then the ending hits.... Now it overshadows all the good parts of the game.
    Count me in this opinion as well. Everytime something awesome happened, I was thinking, "Wow, I can't wait to talk to people about this!" Like shooting bottles on the roof in the Presidium with Garrus or going man vs machine with a Reaper on Rannoch.

Damn ending...

Again, where the hell did Harbinger go? Can't believe they skipped a confrontation with him!

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    Gahhhh
    ME3 romance spoilers

More ending stuff.

Fuck.

D:

Count me in this opinion as well. Everytime something awesome happened, I was thinking, "Wow, I can't wait to talk to people about this!" Like shooting bottles on the roof in the Presidium with Garrus or going man vs machine with a Reaper on Rannoch.

Damn ending...

Again, where the hell did Harbinger go? Can't believe they skipped a confrontation with him!
    Mass Effect 2, save for one or two events, is pretty inconsequential in ME3.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    Well, here is the theory in it's complete form. The entire scene was actually an indoctrination attempt. That the kid was never real, Shepard sees the kid the first time when the Reapers were around, and the kid tells him something to completely demoralize him "nobody can help me", plus when Anderson talks to Shepard he snaps out of it and the kid is gone. Anderson never saw the kid because he isn't real. Even later on as Shepard sees the kid no one around the kid reacts to him. And then the ship gets blown up. All of it was part of an attempt to screw with his head. Indoctrination was always associated first with bad dreams, and Shepard's repeatedly have bad dreams throughout the game with the kid in it. And finally in this final confrontation the kid tells him that he is with the Reapers. So the final scene was all an indoctrination attempt to take over his mind. That's why if he chooses the control path (TIM's choice) or the synthesis (path), which is basically huskifying everyone, there is no Shepard awake scene at the end. Only if he chooses to destroy do you get the bonus still breathing shot, because by choosing to destroy the reaper (the one that Anderson chooses), he rejects the indoctrination.

I know it's stretching it but I can fanwank this better than the actual ending we got.

I actually can totally buy that. In fact I even kind of like it.
    Having to pay for DLC to see what their ending really was would rub me the wrong way, though.

MOBA DOTA.
  • RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    The worst part of doing multiplayer as a Vanguard is when you have to sit in one place hacking something. The best part is every other time.

Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
    I do have one question about the ending:
    Is Wrex dead? It looked like Wrex got lased by that Reaper at the end. Wrex isn't dead is he?

RandomEngy wrote: »
    The worst part of doing multiplayer as a Vanguard is when you have to sit in one place hacking something. The best part is every other time.

This was actually why I decided I'd try a Vanguard with just a Phalax pistol.

Turns out, pretty gorram effective.

• Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    Is Wrex dead? It looked like Wrex got lased by that Reaper at the end. Wrex isn't dead is he?
    Since nothing else is explained you can pretend that is a different krogan!

Dox the PI wrote: »
    Since nothing else is explained you can pretend that is a different krogan!
    Not all krogans look alike, you racist.

• SagrothSagroth Registered User regular

Takyris explained some of this in SE++
    The ending was written without being reviewed by most of the writing staff, unlike all the other parts of the game

(are we not supposed to reference things Taky deleted? Because I'll blank this if so)

Furthermore...
    it really felt like this wasn't where they had originally planned to go. How does it tie in to the name of the bloody series? Also, I've been insisting here and elsewhere since the very first game that the AI/organic conflict was important and that making peace with them would be important to later games(heck, I was right about there being a geth party member in 2). And on the paragon side in this game, it looked like I was right. EDI and Jeff hooking up, the origin of the geth and how you can have the quarian/geth thing play out, etc. And then I meet the Catalyst AI in the end and he shits all over that notion. Never mind that I've spent the entire game proving him wrong. Never mind the inherent problems with the whole singularity theory to begin with. And never mind that the thing doing all this is a goddamn AI itself. Seriously, couldn't they have picked a better scifi motive for the Reapers? Trying to avoid the heat death of the universe, maybe? Or the big crunch?

3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
    edited March 2012
    They don't know the power the Vanguard weilds, and they are afraid.

It's like the Council, they don't want to admit that Vanguards are a threat so they silence you for bringing it up.

Vanguards are the new face of warfare. The lesser classes don't measure up. <3
    RandomEngy wrote: »

This was actually why I decided I'd try a Vanguard with just a Phalax pistol.

Turns out, pretty gorram effective.

Abslooly. I've been having great fun with my pistol vanguard now that I have half nova. Its not so I can nova twice, not at all. Its so I can take an errant hit before I charge again!

In my last match I managed to charge four turrets to death while my team looked on in frustration/awe/pants wetting lust. I'm betting lust. One of them kept checking out my swank orange with lime highlight armor.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    Yeah just finished it, some simpler questions:
    Ok so what exactly happened here:
    Blue ending: Shepard takes control of the reapers. Everyone lives? Shepard now has control of the reapers to do his bidding? (Basically could use it as the ultimate peace keeping force?)
    Green ending: This is the one I chose because I am so tired and have no idea what was going on. So like, did everyone turn into robot/organic lifeforms or did it wipe out all current life in the galaxy so the normady crew can adam and eve it up?
    Red ending: All synthetics destroyed. Does this include all technology? No more spaceships or anything?

I am so tired I have no idea what is going on.

• mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular

It seems deeply insane to not properly vet things or give the proper number of writers, especially when this is the last thing people will see in a universe you theoretically want to continue building upon.

steam_sig.png
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Dox the PI wrote: »

about to head to Rannoch

what the hell have you been doing?

well I'm playing on insanity, for one

and I've been doing lots of side missions but I'm not consciously going for 100%

I find insanity is the best challenge ratio in me so far. Unlike in me and me2 soldier does not auto win by pressing y anymore.

The game feels really rough though. The camera routinely wigs out and I have had it fail to load and crash to a black screen twice nice. Still love the game though, but it sure loves reminding me it has issues.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.

It seems deeply insane to not properly vet things or give the proper number of writers, especially when this is the last thing people will see in a universe you theoretically want to continue building upon.

Casey Hudson should be sacked, basically.

• JohnDoeJohnDoe Registered User regular
    wakkawa wrote: »
    Blue ending: Shepard takes control of the reapers. Everyone lives? Shepard now has control of the reapers to do his bidding? (Basically could use it as the ultimate peace keeping force?)
    Green ending: This is the one I chose because I am so tired and have no idea what was going on. So like, did everyone turn into robot/organic lifeforms or did it wipe out all current life in the galaxy so the normady crew can adam and eve it up?
    Red ending: All synthetics destroyed. Does this include all technology? No more spaceships or anything?

I don't think you should try and put much effort into understanding the endings. Bioware obviously didn't...

Blue one: Shepard takes control of Reapers, it looks like they just sort of fly off.
    Green one: All species ever are now robot/organic lifeforms. Final stage of evolution and stuff.
    Red one: All synthetics destroyed. That means Reapers, Geth, EDI, people with cybernetic implants like Shep, all gone.

The Normandy and Joker are in every cutscene. As for what that means...no one really knows.

• wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    Also a question on galactic readiness.
    Is it always at 50%? I had something like total military strength of 6000+, but effective says 3000. Did I miss something with this?

Is it always at 50%? I had something like total military strength of 6000+, but effective says 3000. Did I miss something with this?

Multiplayer is the only thing that changes Galactic Readiness.

edited March 2012
    It's at 50% because you haven't played multiplayer co-op. That's the only way to make it go higher.

Delta Assault on
    It's 50% by default. Playing multiplayer raises it. I know that if you do enough sidequests and explore around the galaxy more you can get all the ones you need with it at 50%, though.

Readyness goes up if you win multiplayer matches. 4-7% per win, if I recall correctly.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • EnderEnder Registered User regular
    AWESOME

hit by a totally cool bug in MP

which reset all my guns, mods, equipment, and unlocked classes

wheeeeeeeee

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

Takyris explained some of this in SE++

(are we not supposed to reference things Taky deleted? Because I'll blank this if so)

Furthermore...
    it really felt like this wasn't where they had originally planned to go. How does it tie in to the name of the bloody series? Also, I've been insisting here and elsewhere since the very first game that the AI/organic conflict was important and that making peace with them would be important to later games(heck, I was right about there being a geth party member in 2). And on the paragon side in this game, it looked like I was right. EDI and Jeff hooking up, the origin of the geth and how you can have the quarian/geth thing play out, etc. And then I meet the Catalyst AI in the end and he shits all over that notion. Never mind that I've spent the entire game proving him wrong. Never mind the inherent problems with the whole singularity theory to begin with. And never mind that the thing doing all this is a goddamn AI itself. Seriously, couldn't they have picked a better scifi motive for the Reapers? Trying to avoid the heat death of the universe, maybe? Or the big crunch?
    I really expected, "The reapers must prevent the expansion of advanced organic life because an even stronger, external evil would kill EVERYTHING if organics became too big and noticeable!"

Had the same problems as you with where they actually took the ending.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    edited March 2012
    There, have the question answered for as many testes as Krogans have!

Etchwarts on
This discussion has been closed.