As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EAST] PAX East Schedule is live!

• Options
    waterbottleswaterbottles Beverage KentuckyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    It's on the PAX East schedule page. http://east.paxsite.com/schedule.php
    I guess it must have been added today.

waterbottles on
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Emphara wrote: »
    @CrazyDave Where on earth are you seeing that? There's only one panel on Saturday from 1:00pm - 2:00pm and it's the "Epic Games: Past, Present and Future" panel and it's in the Naga Theatre not Arachnid... Also, if you ctrl+f search "Keith Apicary", "Nathan Barnatt", "Classics" "Talking Classics" "G4" or anything else like that you come up with either nothing or unrelated panels that don't have him on them... Unless I'm seriously missing something that doesn't seem to be on there.

Sadly... refresh the page, it's there. On the actual schedule page, not anyone's custom spreadsheet.

• Options
    They also seem to have added a Jamspace Theatre.

I'm surprised they let that Keith guy back. From what I've heard here, and looked up last night, I wouldn't have guessed he'd be back.

• Options
    Yeah, the schedule is always in flux. The folks that post it try to have as much as possible set in stone, but things can change and get added, subtracted, etc.

• Options
    EmpharaEmphara Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    That's bizarre... it still isn't showing up for me at all even though I've refreshed the page a million times by now. (I'm looking at the actual page and not a spreadsheet). Weird.

Surprising and kind of disappointing (in my opinion at least). Also, does anyone have any idea why I'm not seeing the updated version of the schedule even though I'm looking at the paxsite? I've refreshed it a million times.

Emphara on
    signature.png
  • Options
    That's bizarre... it still isn't showing up for me at all even though I've refreshed the page a million times by now. (I'm looking at the actual page and not a spreadsheet). Weird.

Surprising and kind of disappointing (in my opinion at least).

Did you clear your cache?

• Options
    EmpharaEmphara Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »

Surprising and kind of disappointing (in my opinion at least).

Did you clear your cache?

Thanks, I just tried that and it's showing up now. (Sadly).

signature.png
  • Options
    mgriff3456mgriff3456 Registered User regular
    Damn, I really want to see the Keith Apicary panel but sadly it ends only a half an hour before the Mega64 panel and I was playing on lining up earlier to get a good seat for the Mega64 panel.

• Options
    TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    It's definitely there now. May have to clear your cache/cookies.

• Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I finished my schedule spreadsheet and thought I would share for anyone one else who is interested. I made it so if you hover over a panel the full description and panelist information will pop up.

Schedule.jpg

***UPDATED 3/12/12 ****
    I posted my versions here if you want a copy:
    .xls/Google Docs version
    .xlsx version

Updated the spreed sheet with the changes and addition of Jamspace theater. New links are listed above.

adias.angel on
    Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    ottoman673ottoman673 Registered User regular
    @CrazyDave Where on earth are you seeing that? There's only one panel on Saturday from 1:00pm - 2:00pm and it's the "Epic Games: Past, Present and Future" panel and it's in the Naga Theatre not Arachnid... Also, if you ctrl+f search "Keith Apicary", "Nathan Barnatt", "Classics" "Talking Classics" "G4" or anything else like that you come up with either nothing or unrelated panels that don't have him on them... Unless I'm seriously missing something that doesn't seem to be on there.

unfortunately, he's been added to the schedule on the site.

hopefully he doesn't act like a jackass this time..

PAX East 2012 Checklist: [x] 3 Day Pass [x] Time off Work [x] Flight [x] Hotel
  • Options
    BetaMasturBetaMastur Registered User regular
    Themiscyra wrote: »
    For anyone who hasn't noticed, the name of the panel "It's A Trap? Transgender Issues In Gaming" has changed on the schedule (and the panel's Facebook page) to "Press XY: Transgender Issues In Gaming". I don't know if anyone involved in that decision is on the forums, but again, my thanks. (I already thanked the panel moderator over on FB.)

Someone from the panel is here. See you guys in Boston next month.

• Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    Sp1ffy wrote: »
    Hey folks,

This is the PAX East schedule rendered in a grid layout by day and theatre. Clicking the panels will add/remove them from your personal agenda at the bottom of the page.

I have the utility hosted here: PAX Schedule Utility

The code is available on my Github profile too: https://github.com/mtangolics/PAXScheduleUtility

Feel free to fork it and make it prettier/more efficient/etc. If people end up using it and want additional features/fixes, I can try to implement them but I make no guarantees. =)

Notes:
    Personal schedule does not persist atm, so copy and paste it elsewhere if you want to save.

Edit: Guess this got merged, removed unnecessary info.

Awesome tool for sure, but I have on request that would make this my go-to organizer. Can you add in what theater each panel is in, on the bottom list after you select them? That way I can just print off the whole list and that will be my guide while I'm at PAX. Thanks!

• Options
    sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    Crazy Dave wrote: »
    Touchdown:

Nathan Barnatt aka Keith Apicary Talks Talking Classics

Arachnid Theatre
    Saturday 1:00pm - 2:00pm

For the first time out of character Nathan Barnatt (Keith Apicary) talks about getting arrested, kicked out of conventions, crashing G4, other characters, making his viral dance videos, his Keith TV pilot with Adult Swim and whatever else you want to know. Throw in some acrobatics and stunts and you have the craziest panel to ever live. If he doesn't get kicked out again.

Panelists include: Nathan Barnatt

http://east.paxsite.com/schedule.php

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I am set.

same here IM PUMPED i just hope he does behave this time, this will be odd to see since last year when i met him out of character he was so nervous and said a few time how worried he was that some one would see him out of character

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    mgriff3456 wrote: »
    Damn, I really want to see the Keith Apicary panel but sadly it ends only a half an hour before the Mega64 panel and I was playing on lining up earlier to get a good seat for the Mega64 panel.
    Note that not all panels clear before the next one. While it is likely that this one will, be sure to ask an Enforcer working that theater.

a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Renton, WARegistered User regular
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    Note that not all panels clear before the next one. While it is likely that this one will, be sure to ask an Enforcer working that theater.
    The Satellite Theatre policy for years has been that they always clear. I am pretty sure this is not changing.

--Jarrod "Jaberwocky" Lombardo, PAX Enforcer: Info Booth Manager.
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    The Omegathon times/theaters/games have been announced!

Well, obviously not the last game.

waterbottles on
  • Options
    darren66darren66 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I wonder if the people complaining about Keith Apicary being a jack-ass at his panel last year, I wonder if you people were even AT his panel last year? If not, then I think you need to stop talking.

Edit: Sorry for the poor choice in words above.

darren66 on
    Wii U sucks, but my NNID is da66en. Steam is route66. 3DS is 2938-8099-8160.
    Neo Geo Big Red owners club.
    2009 PAX Puzzle Quest Champion
    I have beat Rygar on the NES and many of you have not.
  • Options
    ottoman673ottoman673 Registered User regular
    darren66 wrote: »
    I wonder if the people complaining about Keith Apicary being a jack-ass at his panel last year, I wonder if you people were even AT his panel last year? If not, then I think you need to stop talking.

No, I don't tend to waste my time in the presence of those I don't like. He has a history of getting tossed from cons, and I encountered the first part of his panel where he decided to leave his theater and go see the free play room. Guy's a grade A buffoon and I'm surprised he's back.

PAX East 2012 Checklist: [x] 3 Day Pass [x] Time off Work [x] Flight [x] Hotel
  • Options
    insid30utinsid30ut Registered User new member
    edited March 2012
    ottoman673 wrote: »
    darren66 wrote: »

No, I don't tend to waste my time in the presence of those I don't like. He has a history of getting tossed from cons, and I encountered the first part of his panel where he decided to leave his theater and go see the free play room. Guy's a grade A buffoon and I'm surprised he's back.

La de da.

insid30ut on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    This is not the "argue about Keith Apicary" thread. Anybody who continues this line of discussion will earn infractions until my finger gets tired.

E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    spiderz13spiderz13 Registered User regular
    Thanks for the excel spreadsheet.

Isn't there usually a "Gabe and Tycho" signing on Sunday? I checked our current schedule but I don't see anything for it. Is this an error or will be announced closer to the event?

• Options
    spiderz13 wrote: »

Isn't there usually a "Gabe and Tycho" signing on Sunday? I checked our current schedule but I don't see anything for it. Is this an error or will be announced closer to the event?

Time/place for that will likely be given closer or at the event. I doubt they've removed it.

• Options
    thr4sherthr4sher Registered User regular
    Are the tournament schedules going up soon or will they be released closer to the show?
    We're probably 2-3 weeks out from seeing tournament schedules. Sorry!

any word on those tournament schedules yet? Cant wait for TF2 again in the PC area, great turnout last year (20+ teams). Also keeping my fingers crossed for a tribes tournament =D

• Options
    jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Renton, WARegistered User regular

Time/place for that will likely be given closer or at the event. I doubt they've removed it.
    I'm sure it will happen but the time and place aren't yet 100%. It'll almost definitely be on Sunday afternoon (Sunday only; sorry Friday and Saturday badge holders) and in the Queue room, just like it has been for at least the past 6 PAXes.

--Jarrod "Jaberwocky" Lombardo, PAX Enforcer: Info Booth Manager.
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
  • Options
    Sp1ffySp1ffy Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    Hey folks,

This is the PAX East schedule rendered in a grid layout by day and theatre. Clicking the panels will add/remove them from your personal agenda at the bottom of the page.

The code is available on my Github profile too: https://github.com/mtangolics/PAXScheduleUtility

Feel free to fork it and make it prettier/more efficient/etc. If people end up using it and want additional features/fixes, I can try to implement them but I make no guarantees. =)

Notes:
    Personal schedule does not persist atm, so copy and paste it elsewhere if you want to save.

Awesome tool for sure, but I have on request that would make this my go-to organizer. Can you add in what theater each panel is in, on the bottom list after you select them? That way I can just print off the whole list and that will be my guide while I'm at PAX. Thanks!

Sure! I'll take a look at that today.

Sp1ffy on
  • Options
    PurpleBekPurpleBek Manchester, EnglandRegistered User regular
    Tabletop theatre is on the schedule now

pax%20sig.png
  • Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I finished my schedule spreadsheet and thought I would share for anyone one else who is interested. I made it so if you hover over a panel the full description and panelist information will pop up.

Schedule.jpg

***UPDATED 3/12/12 ****
    I posted my versions here if you want a copy:
    .xls/Google Docs version
    .xlsx version

Updated the spreadsheet with Omeganaut & Tabletop Workshop Theater schedules.

If I missed anything or it needs some changes let me know! :)

adias.angel on
    Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    Sp1ffySp1ffy Registered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Notes:

Sure! I'll take a look at that today.

That should be working now. I just updated it.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    For the Tabletop Workshop Theatre, two panels are listed for the same time on Saturday:
    "Want to break into RPGs? Then JUST MAKE GAMES!" and "Parsely: Spooky Manor" at 10:00a-11:00a.
    (I just put Parsely as 11 for now)

waterbottles on
  • Options
    sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    dyaballikl wrote: »

well hes out of character so he may just last the entire panel

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
  • Options
    GrimRupertGrimRupert Registered User regular
    Last year I learned quickly that it is impossible to see all the panels I want to see. Therefore, instead, I'm going to highlight just a select few while maintaining space between to check out the game room, meet up with old friends and remember to get something to eat.

I'm mostly looking forward to the Irrational Games panel.

I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
    [X] - Pre-registered | [ ] - Train tickets | [ ] - Time Off
  • Options
    JuandeJuande Registered User regular
    One question guys. Im really interested in both Bioware's panel about Dragon Age and Mass Effect and both of them are back to back in the same theater. My question is can I stay in the theater after the first one finish? Or do I have to leave? Thanks in advance.

• Options
    MagnifiedXMagnifiedX [E] PC Security Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Generally, unless otherwise stated, the theaters clear after every panel.

• Options
    JuandeJuande Registered User regular
    Thanks for the quick answer.

• Options
    GrimRupertGrimRupert Registered User regular
    So I've been getting super excited for this and went ahead and created a personal schedule for it. No, not one like the above mentioned spreadsheets, apps and other such things have been. I basically made a personal spreadsheet with all the panels I plan on going to. Sadly, my Spreadsheet-Fu is weak and I wasn't really sure how to add back-up panels without it looking terrible.

I plan on adding other events, such as the GamersWithJobs meet-up, in there as they become available. It may be that I'll have to cancel certain panels in order to go, be social and *gasp* meet new people.

For your stalking pleasure...

I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
    [X] - Pre-registered | [ ] - Train tickets | [ ] - Time Off
  • Options
    MagnifiedXMagnifiedX [E] PC Security Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Khoo will be doing a Q&A on Friday, Midnight, in Manticore Theater.

Source: https://twitter.com/#!/rkhoo/status/180076619740880896

• Options
    MagnifiedX wrote: »
    Khoo will be doing a Khoo&A on Friday, Midnight, in Manticore Theater.

Source: https://twitter.com/#!/rkhoo/status/180076619740880896

ftfy

• Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    Speaking of this Khoo&A, is there anybody out there who's planning on attending this and has the means/desire to film it? Our team is going to be a little pre-occupied with the concerts and we'd like to have a recording of it. Let me know!

NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular

And now it's official:
    SUNDAY
    Gabe/Tycho Signing (Mike/Jerry)
    Queue Room. 3:30p - 4:30p

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?