As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Everyone is Fabulous [makeup and skincare] ONLY COOL BOYS ALLOWED

• Options
    MateyMatey see, look how sad i am now give me your wallet.Registered User regular
    went line dancing for the first time last night

not as easy as it looks

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I painted my fingernails while drunk last night at girls' night and they um

They look realllllly

interesting

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    yes, god, Stone Cold looks great. it doesn't help that i am obsessing about finding a matte top coat and the perfect light medium grey. i also want Harvest Moon and Riveting; Agro is also rather nice, but i don't really need another green...

i like scrangie's swatches:
    http://www.scrangie.com/2012/02/china-glaze-hunger-games-capitol-colors.html

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I haven't been posting in this thread lately. Sorry beauty beauties. :( I've been too depressed to think about trying to look pretty.

I've been using the Sonia Kashuk knockoff of the beauty blender for months now, curious about the real thing. I saw Viv made a blog post about the new one that came out (Pure) and I'm super curious. I'm working 7 days in a row, so I think I will treat myself after it's over with a trip to the mall. I need some new brush soap too so I'd get some use out of the solid brush cleaner, if it's anything like the Becca soap I've been hearing about.

UGH I JUST WANT TO PAINT MY NAILS AND BE PRETTY but at work there is no point. :( Also I am breaking out and it is making me feel sad.

My hair needs a trim but I am trying to grow it out. I need to stop cutting my hair short because I always hate it.
    I just ordered it on amazon, bits (I don't trust my local sally beauty to actually carry the hunger games line)

http://www.amazon.com/China-Glaze-Hunger-Specialty-Colour/dp/B007737F3I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331426852&sr=8-1

OMGGGGGUHH

I want Fast Track and Smoke & Ashes.

Sara Lynn on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    ignore dis.

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Gunmetal nails?

Hell yes.

Also just ordered the plain jane soap from good clean soap. Can't wait to use it!

Erics on
    fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    also, all China Glaze (EXcluding the Hunger Games and Magnetix collection) is on sale at Sally's, 2 for $10.

edit for whoops too much excitement.

i got Stone Cold and Harvest Moon; i maaaaay have to go back for the other two... soon.

the girl working had on Fast Track, and it looked both natural and sparkly, really nice for two weeks and maybe 1 or 2 coats. glittery but not flashy, if that makes sense.

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    I just ordered it on amazon, bits (I don't trust my local sally beauty to actually carry the hunger games line)

http://www.amazon.com/China-Glaze-Hunger-Specialty-Colour/dp/B007737F3I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331426852&sr=8-1

Mine does, as I found out the other day

Didn't buy any though

• Options
    Erics wrote: »
    Also just ordered the plain jane soap from good clean soap. Can't wait to use it!

Hurray!

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    thanks, @World as Myth! hmm trying to decide if I want to buy stone cold or get a matte top coat and see what my existing grey sparkly polish looks like with it!

my hand looks weird and it's not the greatest polish job ever but here's my usual color
    photo.jpg

totally unrelated but this year thus far has been one long existential crisis. I wish I liked myself better, you guys!

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I am envious of all you ladies with long fingers and nail beds! I have short fingers (and awfully short toes) and subsequently Mshort nails, too!

And hugs bits! I have totally been there. :(

• Options
    thanks janson :)

and really my nail beds look long? that is somewhat exciting for me! I bit my nails for years and years and have always thought of my nails as a mess.

• Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Does biting your nails have something to do with your nail bed?

• Options
    I was a really severe nail biter. it took a long time for my nails to start growing more normally after I stopped (it's been more than a decade, so I can't remember exactly). I actually started wearing nail polish frequently to hide that most of the length of my nails consisted of the white part (if that makes sense - what is normally the tip of the nail) because my nail beds were so short

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    I bought the Luxe and Lush a while back and while I lovelovelove flake glitters they do drive me crazy because they peel off like crazy. Once one flake pulls up at the edge it's all downhill from there! But I do like it quite a bit.

So this is a super stupid ubergirly thing but the guy I am vaguely interested in has commented on my nails twice now and now I feel like I have to maintain them since he's paying attention at least a little? I've never, ever had a guy notice my nails before so it's kind of weirding me out.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Maybe he has a digit-fetish.

Maybe you should paint "LOVE YOU" on your nails like that girl does to her eyelids in Raiders.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    MY IDEAS ARE THE BEST

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    I'm more likely to go with LETS BONE except it would drive me crazy that I couldn't fit an apostrophe on there.

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    cabsy wrote: »
    I bought the Luxe and Lush a while back and while I lovelovelove flake glitters they do drive me crazy because they peel off like crazy. Once one flake pulls up at the edge it's all downhill from there! But I do like it quite a bit.

So this is a super stupid ubergirly thing but the guy I am vaguely interested in has commented on my nails twice now and now I feel like I have to maintain them since he's paying attention at least a little? I've never, ever had a guy notice my nails before so it's kind of weirding me out.

Oh no! Now you are trapped in a cycle!!

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I love this time of year because my skin decides it is time to clear the fuck up

• Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    do any of you nail polish experts have a matte topcoat recommendation? I'm new to this nail stuff

also overall nail health:
    my nails have started to do this awful thing where the top layer of my nail just sort of separates and peels off. I take vitamins every day and even a biotin supplement, so it seems like they're just being spiteful. do any of you have any luck with things like sally hansen nail repair stuff?

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    Essie Matte About You looks like a great option for a good finish and lower price; it's what i plan to get. the other top choice is Rescue Beauty Lounge Matte Top Coat, if $18 is reasonable to you.

http://www.alllacqueredup.com/2009/08/matte-top-coats-lets-compare.html#.T1z9QTEgceU
    http://bionic-beauty.com/fall-matte-nails-top-coats/

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Hmm Hard as Nails makes one I thought

I THINK that's the one that was mentioned in those tutorials I linked

I may be wrong though

Sheri on
  • Options
    StareosarusStareosarus Mrs. Lady Smart Hero FloridaRegistered User regular
    I have the Essie one, it's pretty good. I bought it at Target, I think? Not sure if it's sold at all drugstores that sell Essie though.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    do any of you nail polish experts have a matte topcoat recommendation? I'm new to this nail stuff

the very best one that lends the most "mattifying" results is definitely the Essie one

other matte top coats that I've seen (like the Seche Vite one) serve to dull the shine or color a bit and they're decent at best, but for a REAL matte finish (as in, you want it to look like the OPI Matte Collection colors, which are some of the best mattes out there imho), I think the Essie one is the one to try

another one that I haven't personally tried but that gets great reviews is the China Glaze one

fair warning: it can be difficult to use if you've never used a matte coat before... you will have to be reasonably confident in your application skills to use it without the nail looking uneven
    also overall nail health:
    my nails have started to do this awful thing where the top layer of my nail just sort of separates and peels off. I take vitamins every day and even a biotin supplement, so it seems like they're just being spiteful. do any of you have any luck with things like sally hansen nail repair stuff?

I had the EXACT same problem, and since then I've been using OPI's Start-to-Finish as a base coat when applying polish (and a top coat too if I feel like I need it). I haven't had a big problem since!

That said, though, I've also been gentler with my nails and have been cutting them more frequently (though with shorter snips) and also filing them to seal the nail. (If you don't have a crystal nail file, have a look online for some, as crystal nail files are AWESOME at sealing your nail during filing, preventing splitting or breaks.)

Also, in case it wasn't already known: when filing your nails, file in one direction ONLY. Going back and forth is a quick way to shape your nails, but it creates splits and breaks like you would not believe (and these are normally not noticeable until the nail grows out a bit). If your manicurist goes back-and-forth when filing, walk out.

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Also, my nails right now:

0874ab3b.jpg

OPI's Not Like the Movies

Already showing a bit of tip-wear since Saturday, but that's what happens when I skip using a topcoat.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    canuckwebgrrlcanuckwebgrrl Registered User regular
    hey cabsy, you should check out the new gellac-type polish. lasts for weeks w/o chipping!

i want to go to there
  • Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Essie's Matte About You is awesome. It's the matte top coat that I have.

And Viv, I have that color and I love it.

I really want to do my nails but one finger is all bandaged up because I cut it badly enough to warrant an ER visit last night, and having every nail but one painted would drive me insane.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    MateyMatey see, look how sad i am now give me your wallet.Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Also, my nails right now:

0874ab3b.jpg

OPI's Not Like the Movies

Already showing a bit of tip-wear since Saturday, but that's what happens when I skip using a topcoat.

oh that's pretty

• Options
    I really should take off this purple polish before going to work tomorrow

But I'm sleepy

Let's just hope no one notices

• Options
    hey cabsy, you should check out the new gellac-type polish. lasts for weeks w/o chipping!

My sister actually took me to get a gel manicure - no fake tips, just the gel coat on my nails. I'm pretty hard on my nails so even that is showing a little bit of wear and it's not even been a week! Looking at how quickly my nails grow though actual gel polish instead of just the thick clearcoat would drive me insane because I have visible growth already and it's only been since Tuesday.

• Options
    Sheri wrote: »
    I really should take off this purple polish before going to work tomorrow

But I'm sleepy

Let's just hope no one notices

Haha this is funny in retrospect

Holy insomnia

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Shaving that head like always.

Apparently ladies don't like it as much as people say.

:cry:

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    I like shaved heads! Really, I like pretty much any hairstyle as long as it suits the person. Mori would probably look ridiculous with a shaved head (I'm secretly hoping he never goes bald). The only thing I've not really seen any man pull off is a long hairstyle.

Also you ladies all have such pretty hands/nails. This is my hand:
    hand.jpg

Ugh I just have really short, stubby fingers. And bits, what I meant was, the first joint of my finger is pretty short, and my nails are just so shallow and round (especially on my first two fingers).

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    I just noticed MAC's limited edition fluidline colors and am so happy! They're all softened black colors which can be really hard to find, as super duper black is the default color for a lot of liners

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    I just noticed MAC's limited edition fluidline colors and am so happy! They're all softened black colors which can be really hard to find, as super duper black is the default color for a lot of liners

Ahh!

I need to stop reading this thread. It's making me want to spend money.

Stop telling me about all of these things i want to buy.

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    @Janson I feel liken that too! My hands are really bony and gross, and because of work they are dry in places, sorer in others and got little scratches. Trying to keep them pretty does not work :(

• Options
    Usagi wrote: »

Awesome! I love the Urban Decay liquid liner I have, but I put it on yesterday with some blue eyeshadow and just felt it was way too black and sharp... I wanted something softer.
    Liiya wrote: »
    @Janson I feel liken that too! My hands are really bony and gross, and because of work they are dry in places, sorer in others and got little scratches. Trying to keep them pretty does not work :(

Aww! Yeah, I have dry hands too, and I am pretty clumsy so I often have a few scratches here and there. And I really can't do long nails at all!

• Options
    Also ladies I am considering buying a bag from this store

Not only are her bags relatively inexpensive, but they are SO well constructed. I've had this in purple for over a year now and it has held up extremely well. Her stitching and lining is perfect! I've also thrown it into the wash at least three times, and although it takes a few days to become uncrumpled it does end up looking like new.

I would just like a new bag, maybe a different colour, maybe a slighter larger size? That is my favourite style of hers but I'm also looking at the Beauty Tote and her other kind of messenger bag (I pretty much always go for one with a shoulder strap). Opinions?

(Also I love my current bag but sliiightly regret putting a Kirby patch on it. The glue's so strong I can't take it off! It matches the purple colour perfectly, and is cute, but I'd occasionally like something more professional looking).

• Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    those are adorable, janson! I love the beauty tote. take a look at tippythai too.

kQwcZLJ.png
This discussion has been closed.