As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] SPOILER ALL ME3 DISCUSSION. EVERY SINGLE BIT. EVEN HINTS.

• DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    More ending thoughts SPOILERS
    I'm still not sure I'm not convinced the last sequence wasn't a hallucination. I mean, Shepard just collapses as he's fumbling around the controls and then suddenly magic space elevator and he's having a conversation with a dead child.

For now I'm going to make myself feel better and say that it was a death-hallucination, and the game ends with Shepard and Anderson looking over earth. The Crucible doesn't work, they can't get it to fire and the Reapers win, so Shepard, in his last breath records a VI with the Crucible plans. Shep becomes the new Vigil, a warning to the next cycle, hoping that they can finish the weapon.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Mt

Heisenberg on
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    On normal difficulty, a cloaked Infiltrator can kill a Harvester in two shots with the Black Widow.

Crazy. Awesome.

On hardcore, the Widow Classic can kill them in one.
    Yeah, the Widow takes on all comers with grace and ease.

Except Banshees. Fuck the Banshees.

And I knew about Emily Pre-ME3, I'm just saying that instead of what happened, I would have preferred her on the Normandy.
    But yeah, Emily is the Boss of Vanguards.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    mjek wrote: »
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I honestly dislike the increased unlock for aliens.

Keep me from getting any decent guns. Well...I've gotten a few but I would like a few more.
    Thing I hate most about the ending
    Your choices for the last 3 games

MEANINGLESS

None of it makes a goddamn bit of difference. You do all that, and oh here's 3 fucking buttons pick your ending.

It soured me so much on human revolution I haven't touched it since, why the fuck would Bioware repeat that

You know I really don't understand this.
    At the end of the day the choices you make are the choices you make. Saying something is meaningless because things didn't turn out the way you wanted them to is pretty silly, imo.

I mean I've read the ending and I know that Shepard is going to bite it for the most part. Yet I don't think that somehow invalidates the conversations I have with squadmates about what we're going to do once everything is over.

The choices you made at the time were in the best interests of the galaxy simple as that.

That being said I have a much different perspective on these kinds of games than other people.
    I'm saying the choices I made were meaningless because they had no effect on the outcome, the game just told us "here are the endings, pick one" and we get nothing beyond that

What happened with the quarians, most of their population is on Rannoc, how are they doing?
    Since the Salarians are mostly intact, are they now the dominant power in the galaxy?
    How long until the races were in contact with each other again?
    WHY DID THE NORMANDY CRASH, AND WHERE THE HELL IS THAT PLANET AT?!

Have you ever thought that the reason those things are
    uncertain because they are uncertain?

I think people underestimate just what the ending means. At the end of ME3 for better or for worse you have pretty much stopped thr Reapers. You have stopped a race of sentient beings who have been guiding the galaxy by their plans for millions of years now.

And that's why I think the end of ME3 is great. Because for the first time in those years the universe is finally free of Reapers. Which while refreshing also leaves a sense of uncertainty. Remember that the galaxy has been dependent on Reaper tech to the point where they never bothered to understand, that's gone and with it a future with many possibilities.

Also, problem I have with those questions is that yeah they would be nice to know but at the end of the day those aren't things that need to be answered immediately.

Mass Effect has always been Shepard's story and his/her quest to stop the Reapers. That's it. All that other stuff about the Krogans, Quarians, etc while nice were just there to help paint the universe.

And ME3 does end Shepard's story(which is actually why the special ending annoys me). And even though Shepard's story ends the story of the universe is still ongoing it doesn't have a definite conclusion. If anything the destruction of the Reapers just opens more mysteries.

As for what will come of Shepard's actions who knows, and I believe that's the point. Many things could happen.

I don't know I think people are so used to having things spelled out for them that they can't appreciate an open ending.
    End spoilers
    But that's the point. That's why people are
    upset. An open ending isn't an ending. We're attached to far more than just Shep and we don't get to see the outcomes of any of those other decisions. Some of those stories are just as important as the reapers and we don't get to see any conclusions for them. It's terribly unsatisfying. If the last episode of Star Wars was Empire Strikes Back people would be pissed. Vader defeats son and friends, goes to rule the galaxy. You wanted to find out what happened to Han/Lando/Luke/Chewie/Droids and friends? Sorry, the story was about Vader. This may be a terrible analogy.

And that's something I think people generally need to start getting over. As someone who has been apart of ME since the beginning I can tell you...
    that the things that keep people talking about the series are the indefinites. People discussing Quarians vs. Geth, the Genophage, even aspects of certain characters. We discussed those things because there were no definite answers. And because of this you could get many different interpretations of the same situation because of how people looked at them.

Even ME3 is like that. Take for instance the Krogan/Turian conflict or the Geth/Quarian conflict. Even though you can "solve" both of those they are both left very open.

Like I helped saved the Krogan but even then I understand the risk that it poses(the game itself even does this, supporting both sides so there isn't a "right"). I mean I can place hope in Wrex and Eve and hope they do the right thing, or maybe even then the same mistakes will be repeated over.

Who knows? And that's why it is fun to debate those things.

If the game just spells it out for you then you lose that.

Debating things is fun, but this is end of the trilogy. Shepard's story is over and there has been no real resolution of any kind. The last level of ME3 is a non-ending. It reminds me a lot of Fallout 3 without DLC- you spend the entire game adventuring around and then at the end you get turned into grey goo. Until six months later when the DLC came out.

Remember the feeling of victory you felt at the end of ME1 and 2- you won, against all odds, and the endings reflected that. ME3 just gives a three-minute cinematic and rolls credits.

From a writing standpoint, my biggest issue with the ending is that it's a Deus Ex Machina if there ever was one. You meet the Crucible and he tells you that he controls the cycle (but not how or why), tells you synthetic life and organic life can never get along (but why, or acknowledging EDI or the geth or their symbiosis with the quarians), and finally gives you a third option (that is not explained in any detail at all- what, did Joker become a Terminator or is the green glow just for cool factor?).

That ending pretty much breaks every rule of fiction there is, and does so without putting something well-done in it's place. Who the hell wrote this bullshit? I've seen more technically proficient endings in Harry Potter fanfiction.

This 100%

• ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    Am I the only one who thinks the Black Widow is a waste of credits? On insanity it just ended up getting me killed, as being forced to reload with a Javelin or Widow means I avoid most of the return fire, and the N7 Valiant was better against shielded enemies due to way less recoil.

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Is the sniper rifle concentration mod worth a slot? It seems like it would be, but it's hard to choose between that and the high-caliber barrel/scope-that-lets-you-see-through-smoke. I guess I could tailor it according to what I'm going to fight on the mission.

dN0T6ur.png
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    milath wrote: »
    Deadfall wrote: »
    milath wrote: »
    Sorce wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Also, Diana Allers may in fact be the worst part of this game. My God could they have created a more half-assed and poorly voice acted character? I mean, terrible Chobot voice acting aside, the character herself has like no dialog. You go into her room and if you are lucky she *might* be in the middle of a podcast or whatever, but 99% of the time she doesn't say anything and if you try to talk to her she wonders if you want to kick her off the ship (I have seriously been tempted many times).
    Yeah, I would have much preferred Emily as the reporter, all things considered. The girl owes me big, and I promised her an exclusive anyway.

Too bad.

Emily Wong would've been pretty awesome. Just to see what happened with her. That said, I'm somewhat a fan of Jessica Chobot. She seems to genuinely love games and I think it's pretty nice of BW to give her a character in a major game like that. I know it'd be pretty awesome to me anyway.

I suppose because of that, I'm willing to overlook the voice acting shortcomings. As for the character itself, I haven't really run into any issues with it not having anything to say or being overly half-assed.
    I've given 2 interviews and dusted off a clumsy come-on to my FemShep
    (this char is in an exclusive Liara-ship, all the way) and I'm not quite halfway thru the game. Even if that's all the content I get, that's pretty much all I expected of the 'embedded war reporter character'.

(edit for possible very mild spoilers)

Emily Wong spoilers
    Didn't she die in the ANN twitter update storyline?

I.. didn't know about that? Is there a link somewhere? I'm not up on most of the books/meta-stuff they've done for this game.

It starts on March 2. You have to scroll down a ways.

Check this one: https://twitter.com/#!/smarthero/me3-arg

It includes all of the official twitter accounts and has some hilarious in-universe trolling.

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    On normal difficulty, a cloaked Infiltrator can kill a Harvester in two shots with the Black Widow.

Crazy. Awesome.

On hardcore, the Widow Classic can kill them in one.
    Yeah, the Widow takes on all comers with grace and ease.

Except Banshees. Fuck the Banshees.

And I knew about Emily Pre-ME3, I'm just saying that instead of what happened, I would have preferred her on the Normandy.
    But yeah, Emily is the Boss of Vanguards.

That would have been great. Also, I want my cocktail dress back instead of this rubber tanktop monstrosity.

Is the sniper rifle concentration mod worth a slot? It seems like it would be, but it's hard to choose between that and the high-caliber barrel/scope-that-lets-you-see-through-smoke. I guess I could tailor it according to what I'm going to fight on the mission.
    Use the Javelin if you have it and like single shot snipers - it has a built in smoke scope and penetration mod.

Arasaki wrote: »
    Use the Javelin if you have it and like single shot snipers - it has a built in smoke scope and penetration mod.

Holy Hell! Is that listed in the flavor text, or is it just found out through experimentation?

dN0T6ur.png

Holy Hell! Is that listed in the flavor text, or is it just found out through experimentation?

I use the barrel and concentration mod, and I was all happy when I could see through the smoke. You can also see behind walls. Probably my favourite gun to be honest.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

Yeah I believe it is in the flavor text. The only thing to keep in mind about the Javelin is that it has a half-second wind up time before it fires the shot, so you better make sure your target is going to be where you are aiming.

• milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    evilthecat wrote: »
    milk ducks wrote: »
    So, yeah. That whole Melee-focused Asari Vanguard thing blows. Oh, well. It was worth a shot. On the other hand, Stasis Bubble rocks, and Asari Adepts are amazing. I've been purchasing 60,000 point Spectre packs exclusively for the past few days, and I still haven't found another respec card ... so I still can't play my Krogan Soldier. Fuck.

great for bronze, not so awesome for silver i'm finding :/

Really? We're talking about Asari Adept, right? I actually think they get more and more powerful as you increase in difficulty. Stasis Bubble allows you to set the pace of every encounter. I had a Phantom cloak up to me earlier, and I just happened to notice the shimmer of the air around her as she moved, so I popped her with a Stasis Bubble, and took my time headshotting her to death. That single Phantom could have fucked our entire team up, especially on higher difficulties, or if your team's communication / positioning is bad. So I dunno, I think Gold teams are really short-changing themselves if they don't bring an Asari along. Someone mentioned that like 40 pages back, and it's totally clear to me now that I've seen it in action.

Now I wonder what other guns have built-in advantages. I know the Widow has the cover-piercing feature built in. I wonder if this stuff is listed in the strategy guide?

dN0T6ur.png
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    evilthecat wrote: »
    So, yeah. That whole Melee-focused Asari Vanguard thing blows. Oh, well. It was worth a shot. On the other hand, Stasis Bubble rocks, and Asari Adepts are amazing. I've been purchasing 60,000 point Spectre packs exclusively for the past few days, and I still haven't found another respec card ... so I still can't play my Krogan Soldier. Fuck.

great for bronze, not so awesome for silver i'm finding :/

Really? We're talking about Asari Adept, right? I actually think they get more and more powerful as you increase in difficulty. Stasis Bubble allows you to set the pace of every encounter. I had a Phantom cloak up to me earlier, and I just happened to notice the shimmer of the air around her as she moved, so I popped her with a Stasis Bubble, and took my time headshotting her to death. That single Phantom could have fucked our entire team up, especially on higher difficulties, or if your team's communication / positioning is bad. So I dunno, I think Gold teams are really short-changing themselves if they don't bring an Asari along. Someone mentioned that like 40 pages back, and it's totally clear to me now that I've seen it in action.

nah, the vanguard!
    my response was to the vanguard.

I agree that the asari adept is amazing.
    same with the quarian infiltrator.

I just wish the asari vanguard could work.
    the fitness tree makes her melee aoe pulse insane, too bad she dies so quick.

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • EnderEnder Registered User regular
    I had someone running an asari adept one time

pretty much Stasis Bubble + Paladin

freeze em

headshot em

good for hard targets (re: phantoms), less against hordes

but I was running my engy, so lulz re: hordes

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Am I the only one who thinks the Black Widow is a waste of credits? On insanity it just ended up getting me killed, as being forced to reload with a Javelin or Widow means I avoid most of the return fire, and the N7 Valiant was better against shielded enemies due to way less recoil.

The key is to not stay scoped in. My infiltrator would zoom in, shoot, and zoom out to look for my next target. This also lets you have bullet time for each shot, which would normally go away shortly after the 2nd shot if you stay scoped in. If anything, the black widow kind of made it easy mode despite playing on insanity.

BionicPenguin on
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    So the rumor is that the action figures all come with a DLC code that will allow you to play the charactor in MP. Some flavor classes in there.

Could be lies. Theres this floating around also.

e3fOL.png

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
    Oh my sweet Jesus I would play a Krogan Battlemaster until the sun went out

dN0T6ur.png
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Garrus is awesome, Exhibit 436:

Shepard: How much death can one man take ? How much defeat and destruction can you witness before...

Garrus: Before your best friend picks you up and dusts you off and reminds you that you're the best soldier he's ever seen ?

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Batarian... BLECH

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    So the rumor is that the action figures all come with a DLC code that will allow you to play the charactor in MP. Some flavor classes in there.
    Where could one find these... action figures?

The dolls will be available soon.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    "Asari Justicar?" I could buy calling the krogan vanguard-equivalent a battlemaster, but that one makes no sense.

edited March 2012
    Elendil wrote: »
    "Asari Justicar?" I could buy calling the krogan vanguard-equivalent a battlemaster, but that one makes no sense.

They most likely change out a talent or two from adept/vanguard and give them a 'new' name. I am ok with this cause its all added mp flavor, which is surprisingly good.

Mostlikely with special skins where thier armor setup is different.

mojojoeo on
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »

The Asari Adept's class skill is Justicar *shrug*

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Surely, it's fake. Who would want to play a batarian?

BionicPenguin on
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Geth do not infiltrate.

I assume they'll just change the name on the currently-available classes

I.E., asari adept = asari justicar

etc.

• Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Wait, some of the guns have built-in mods? How the fuck did I not know this? I played the entire game using...I think it was the Vindicator. Never used any other AR, because it seemed to have the best damage+ROF combo of the ones I found.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Having a Batarian on your team enables friendly fire?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Dharma BumDharma Bum Registered User regular
    Pouring all my forties for my homie
    Space hamster, R.I.P. You're with Tupac now.
    In Hell.

olgafjpg.jpg
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Dharma Bum wrote: »
    Pouring all my forties for my homie
    Space hamster, R.I.P. You're with Tupac now.
    In Hell.
    Did you find Boo wandering the Normandy?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
    GONG-00 wrote:
    Having a Batarian on your team enables friendly fire?

win

• EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular

Crazy. Awesome.

Also works on hardcore, btw.

Anyway, I gotta ask a question about the ending:
    Was I the only one who got confused by the whole setup to the final battle? TIM figures out the citadel is the catalyst, tells the reapers, who then immediately take control of it and move it to earth for some reason. Like, why the hell would he even do that? He was going on about how the crucible is the key to controlling the reapers, so what did that accomplish? Yeah, he's indoctrinated obviously, so why can't I throw this obvious illogical thing in his face to prove he's brain fucked? Also, if taking the citadel was so easy, why would the reapers wait till TIM contacts them to do so? The whole endgame of 1 is about how the citadel is a focal point for the galactic community and taking it causes a massive disruption/demoralization effect and provides a bunch of useful intel, so why not do so if it's so damn easy? Then there's them dragging it to earth. I know narrative-wise, they wanted to make it the site of the final battle, but there's really no reason for them to take the citadel there. Just felt really contrived to me. Then the ending happened and I was just wtfing for a while. I'm kinda pissed that I sprung for the collectors edition, seeing as how I have no desire to replay the game.

Etiowsa wrote: »

Crazy. Awesome.

Was I the only one who got confused by the whole setup to the final battle? TIM figures out the citadel is the catalyst, tells the reapers, who then immediately take control of it and move it to earth for some reason. Like, why the hell would he even do that? He was going on about how the crucible is the key to controlling the reapers, so what did that accomplish? Yeah, he's indoctrinated obviously, so why can't I throw this obvious illogical thing in his face to prove he's brain fucked? Also, if taking the citadel was so easy, why would the reapers wait till TIM contacts them to do so? The whole endgame of 1 is about how the citadel is a focal point for the galactic community and taking it causes a massive disruption/demoralization effect and provides a bunch of useful intel, so why not do so if it's so damn easy? Then there's them dragging it to earth. I know narrative-wise, they wanted to make it the site of the final battle, but there's really no reason for them to take the citadel there. Just felt really contrived to me. Then the ending happened and I was just wtfing for a while. I'm kinda pissed that I sprung for the collectors edition, seeing as how I have no desire to replay the game.
    Answer:
    You can throw his lack of logic in TIM's indoctrinated face until he kills himself (provided you picked all the right options in your previous interactions).

The Reapers dragged the Citadel back to Earth because that's where their fleet is strongest. Hackett brings that up. And they didn't do it before the end, because (presumably) sending a couple Reapers out there to drag it back costs resources that could otherwise be slurping up the organic material on Earth.
    Well, if you can give me a reason to go do gruntwork when you can otherwise be relaxing on your new ruinfront property, sipping up human puree, that isn't a superweapon that can kill you, I'd like to hear it.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    So I dunno, I think Gold teams are really short-changing themselves if they don't bring an Asari along. Someone mentioned that like 40 pages back, and it's totally clear to me now that I've seen it in action.
    Yeah, I'm really missing the Asari Adept I had in the demo. Stasis Bubble + Warp + Carnifex = win. They must have really messed with the unlock values in the retail release, because I have unlocked no good or interesting guns, and only a couple new races (Turian Sentinel and Salarian Engineer). But I have like a Shuriken VI. It has been really, really frustrating.

I unlocked Asari adept in my first pack. The game understood my purpose...it understood what I was for.

That being said I will say that Asari adept is only god-like against Cerberus. Against Geth/Reapers they're still pretty great but their move lists is much less effective.

That being said I've found myself using adept/engineer a lot when i play with randoms simply because everyone wants to play soldier/vanguard and no one ever runs support. Which while you can get away with it on Bronze, it is much...much harder to do on Silver/Gold especially when you're a group of random people and not an organized team.

Dragkonias on
  • EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular

Crazy. Awesome.

Answer:
    You can throw his lack of logic in TIM's indoctrinated face until he kills himself (provided you picked all the right options in your previous interactions).

The Reapers dragged the Citadel back to Earth because that's where their fleet is strongest. Hackett brings that up. And they didn't do it before the end, because (presumably) sending a couple Reapers out there to drag it back costs resources that could otherwise be slurping up the organic material on Earth.

I probably should've been more specific.
    I meant why not confront him when he reveals his stupidity on cronos station instead of waiting till you get to the citadel. Cuz it's a really stupid thing he did. And why the hell would the reapers have a major presence at earth? They obliterated the defense fleet on the way in, and the rest ran away. If anything, the greatest reaper force would be at Palaven, where it's stated in game that they sent a massive force to drop the hammer on the turians because they're super awesome at fighting.

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular

Crazy. Awesome.

Answer:

I probably should've been more specific.
    I meant why not confront him when he reveals his stupidity on cronos station instead of waiting till you get to the citadel. Cuz it's a really stupid thing he did. And why the hell would the reapers have a major presence at earth? They obliterated the defense fleet on the way in, and the rest ran away. If anything, the greatest reaper force would be at Palaven, where it's stated in game that they sent a massive force to drop the hammer on the turians because they're super awesome at fighting.
    The main Reaper force is on Earth because, as seen in ME2, they have deemed humans worthy of being reaperated.

Donnicton wrote: »

Crazy. Awesome.

Answer:

Well, if you can give me a reason to go do gruntwork when you can otherwise be relaxing on your new ruinfront property, sipping up human puree, that isn't a superweapon that can kill you, I'd like to hear it.
    It took me a bit to parse that.
    I think you're asking for the reason why the Reapers didn't drag the Citadel to Earth (their power base) before TIM told them that Shepard et al was going to use it to blow them all up?

Could be anything, really. They don't spell it out, but I could speculate: for the same reason you don't act on every planned enemy action if you're tapping their transmissions. You give away that you're listening. The Reapers (theoretically) don't know that Shepard et al is building the Nexus at first. Eventually, one assumes that they find out - but even so, it's only half of what's needed to defeat them. If the Reapers rush right out and grab the Citadel as soon as they hear about the superweapon, they're telegraphing exact what Shep needs to know.

You shouldn't have to parse anything. Re-enable your humor protocol, robot.

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular

Crazy. Awesome.

Answer:

It took me a bit to parse that.
    I think you're asking for the reason why the Reapers didn't drag the Citadel to Earth (their power base) before TIM told them that Shepard et al was going to use it to blow them all up?

Could be anything, really. They don't spell it out, but I could speculate: for the same reason you don't act on every planned enemy action if you're tapping their transmissions. You give away that you're listening. The Reapers (theoretically) don't know that Shepard et al is building the Nexus at first. Eventually, one assumes that they find out - but even so, it's only half of what's needed to defeat them. If the Reapers rush right out and grab the Citadel as soon as they hear about the superweapon, they're telegraphing exact what Shep needs to know.

You shouldn't have to parse anything. Re-enable your humor protocol, geth infiltrator.

This discussion has been closed.