As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 4E OOC] The Residuum Revolution Arcane and Strange

• daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    Ok, just wanted to make sure. Didn't want to leave you out in the cold, my friend.

• SilverBonesSilverBones The Ruined King North Bay AreaRegistered User regular
    Thank you for having me, guys!

Dani, I am home if you want to call me!

[ B E A R ]
    I used to be a King;
    now I drag my Throne

GM of Gamma World - In the Shadow of Zeus - [INFO THREAD] - [OOC]
    Player of Gaan Ir'Molo in Star Wars: Out in the Black
  • dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    Strange

Should we just cut to us having been called upon by Tordain and go to town?

steam_sig.png
  • IlliantharIllianthar GMT -0700Registered User regular
    Arcane:

Travelling to Denver and might not be able to post until Sunday or Monday. Persecutus will travel in brooding silence until then.

Strange: Anyone can check out that paper on the wall if you want.

Done and done.

steam_sig.png
  • BhowBhow Sunny day, sweeping the clouds away. On my way to where the air is sweet.Registered User regular
    Arcane

Scooby!

edited February 2012
    LOL!

I don't think Herod is great as solving crimes. Old Man Peabody may come at him in a mask and get his leg chewed off for the trouble.

"I wouldn't of been horrifically maimed if it wasn't for those damn adventurers!"

SilverBones on

[ B E A R ]
    I used to be a King;
    now I drag my Throne

edited February 2012
    Arcane

Anialos is playing his character like a champ.

A dirty old man champ.

daniant on
  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    I do my best =p.

• AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Oh my, so many comments I could make now that I have a room to myself...I think :winky:

• IlliantharIllianthar GMT -0700Registered User regular
    The room is all yours. Persecutus will sit facing the entryway, ready to cleave anything that comes through :D

Strange:

Do we need a fifth member? I just realized we're down to four people, and none of us are full Leaders.

steam_sig.png
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    I would not be adverse to a new party member.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • TuranosTuranos Registered User regular
    Fine by me. More people would probably help keep us on track anyway when individuals become busy or otherwise distracted.

Currently recruiting for Residuum Revolution Strange. Leader preferred. Someone that likes long talks late into the night, stew, and ambushes. Please be smoke and drug-free and have an open mind about alignments. Character development a plus!

We are:
    dresdenphile, Human Paladin of ?
    Turanos, Shardmind Psion
    Lord Palington, Dwarf Avenger of Erathis
    Aegof, Genasi Swordmage/Ranger
    daniant, GM

Strange

Okay, I'm going to tell you something now that you're all mostly here.

It's okay to make stuff up. I will roll with it, I promise. If you want your character to do something, you can post that. In general, try not to step on other character's toes, but you are currently sitting in an bar eating stew. This is the perfect time to have a conversation, talk about the psychic gem in your pocket, your hopes, your dreams, your fear of being executed for treason.

I am perfectly happy with you guys deciding you're going to go to X place that isn't on a map of mine to see your cousin Y who can help you with Z. For example, Ilesombra has some connections that you can feel free to exploit. If she needs to slip off and pray, send a message to someone asking for guidance, or whatever, please do it.

Also, if you want your character to do something a little out of the ordinary, please post here or PM me and we can talk about how to incorporate that into the story. I am still learning how to gm this game as well, especially through pbp format, and I've been getting some great ideas.

Character Development Time!
    I'm going to ask you some general questions which you can PM or post in spoilers in this thread. I'm also going to ask some character-specific questions to each of you.

General Questions:
    What is the impression your character has about the other members of the party?

How does your character feel about being wanted by zealots?

How does your character feel about helping Enthrexa?

How does your character feel about the decisions made with regards to the a)nk'barra; and b)forest nymphs?

What scares your character the most right now?

Ilesombra
    How do you feel you are completing your mission to track down and deliver magical artifacts for the Keepers? Did you join because you felt the calling to keep magic from the people, or are you actually attracted to magic and this is the best way to continue to learn about it?

Ladej
    You're holding on to a powerful artifact. How do you feel about the mission it has put before you? What do you miss most about your home?

Mnemo
    You've learned a lot about yourself and your heritage. How do you feel about the strange organisms you have fallen in with? How do you feel about being a vessel for a powerful psychic entity?

Tordain
    Erathis has tasked you with being the sanest member of a very strange group of people. How do you feel about being the token law? What do you think about the arcane action you've seen so far?

• Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Here's a submission, I found this character entertaining...but I understand if you feel he won't fit:

Jigjo

Portrait:
    goblintax.jpg

Character Sheet

Background:
    Jigjo, one of those rare individuals. Some call him "Mad" others "Brilliant" (Although, those who call him brilliant also tend to be called mad), and fewer still: "Useful".

Jigjo never bothered to get a silly license to do what he wanted, he had experiments to do. No one was going to tell him that those mechanics didn't belong inside that half dead pig, and those bombs didn't need to be strapped to them. Sure he'd gotten into trouble with the law before, but all it took was a few explosions, and a few clockwork "toys" to discourage them. Now a little older, and now a little wiser, Jigjo wanders Ydria care free and care less. It's been a while before anything has tickled his fancy and held his attention for very long. Jigjo enjoys a good adventure though.

This one time, as he likes to tell the story, there was a band of merchants attempting to extort him for a bit of copper wire he needed for an experiment. They wanted two entire gold for it, something Jigjo had...but did not want to part with. It was a matter of principle he likes to say. After stalking off in a huff, Jigjo went to found a near by farmer. After purchasing a dozen of the farmers most useless hogs (For two dozen gold pieces), Jigjo set to work. Wiring explosive compounds to their backs, implanting cogs and whirly-gigs in their brains, and generally "improving" them...or so he'll say.

Away he went, with his herd of "clockwork" pigs in tow. Steam and smoke belched from their devices, and Jigjo gleefully cackled as he walked down the road the merchants traveled. In short order he would find them, peddling their wares to some wanderers going the other direction. At this point in the story Jigjo would often jump on top of his chair and throw his arms up, exclaiming how he sent his snorting minions running with the press of a button. He would mime them stampeding down the beaten road, snorting as they did, his pointed hair flopping around with the extreme nature of his actions.

Then he would leap, throwing all four of his limbs out and barely catching himself on his cane as he landed. Shouting a loud "BOOM" as his modified domestic boar's detonated on the merchant. Sending vicera (Both pig like and human) flying in all directions. Jigjo's hands would dance before the listener of his story, miming the flames that quickly spread across the merchant's wagon...Thanks in no part to the accelerator compounds Jigjo used in his bomb appliances.

As he likes to end the story, he picks up his cane and start to leave the venue. Simply pulling a small ball of copper wire from one of the many pockets in his floor length coat, often jostling away the wrenches, pliers, and hand drills. He holds out the ball of wire...which is partially melted and charred in places. With a croked smile and a wink, Jigjo would leave his listener dumb founded. Usually at a quick pace, since some eavesdropper had alerted the authorities to the goblins antics.

Anon the Felon on
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Answers to Questions:

While Ilesombra is another 'godsworn,' he is very suspicious about her seeming to hide her faith. Ladej is a bit full of himself, elitist even, but an incredibly powerful ally. Mnemo is a complete mystery. On the one hand, it has a childlike innocence about the world, but on the other, it has no qualms about killing others.

Having worked for other law enforcement in the empire before, Tordain understands the need for security. But the nk'barra always take it too far. He has no compunction against fighting and killing them, as their tyranny only weakens the land.

He doesn't know just yet. An eternity in prison is a fate worse than death, so if she is a trustworthy spirit, he will be happy to release her from her prison. If not, he will at least offer her the release of death.

How does your character feel about the decisions made with regards to the a)nk'barra; and b)forest nymphs?
    Tordain has zero issue in taking out the nk'barra. They are a blight on the land, the people, and the empire. He isn't too sure about the forest nymphs. He worries that the big spirit they were afraid of will still be a problem. Uncivilized beings like that are always hard to trust.

He is afraid he will lose the favor of Erathis. He believes she has sent him to bring this powerful group along the proper path, but he worries that if he should fail he would do her and her faith harm.

Character specific
    Tordain is honored by the position Erathis has given him, but he is worried he will not be able to lead the group against the forces of tyranny arrayed against them. The arcane laws were put into place with good reason, but over time they have become corrupted. Dangerous and uncontrolled arcane forces should of course be opposed, but the level of control the government insists on is indefensible.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • AegofAegof Registered User regular
    haha this took longer than I thought it would.

The godsworn deserve disrespect, but the woman perhaps a hair less. They are enemies, in that way that efreets and all worldly people are: that battle is not worth fighting today.
    The elemental--is it such?--is unlike those that Ladej has encountered before. He saw stranger, in the Chaos, but not often.

It is nothing new, really, but more overt. In more civilized lands, his skill had kept him just out of nk'barra reach, but only just. It was foolish to leave, but he had little choice. Here, he has allies, he can fight. He will survive or he won't.
    Only Imix might burns forever. And even he is caged.

Prisoners should free themselves. Even the Prince's cultists, wearing away at the walls of their prisons from the outside, are little more than hollowed out extensions of their masters. When the Lords of Creation are finally free, it will be by their own strength. He should leave Enthrexa to her chains.
    Only, there is a hint of the Chaos in these rocks. A hint of home. The world is soaked in permanence to its bones, and Ladej will take any road that might take him to the Chaos again.

who
    cares
    Ydrian fear and Fey cowardice are equally deserving of contempt, and Ladej cares little for the specific woes or goals of either side except in how they directly affect himself. That the nk'barra so often cause trouble for him means he takes some extra pleasure in bashing them down, but little more than that.

Fire burns and it dies. It does not fear.
    No, really. Not afraid of nothin'.
    Ladej is terrified of being a prisoner. Not in a jail he can tear the door off of, but in a real, inescapable way. He's only mortal, and cannot play the long game the Primordials are. Time is long and walls wear down, and they will free themselves eventually, but he could die long before having the chance. And that, on a level he's not really conscious of, scares him.
    Also.
    Ladej has a need to make things. And that's why the world vexes him so: in the Chaos, it was a simple act of will to seize the stuff of creation and change it, mold it into a form he wants, and an act of effort to make that change permanent. He can't do that here, where the gods and the primal powers have made the world whole and shaped it into a given form. The Chaos begged for change, but the world actively resists it. Resents it. His ability to create is shackled, here. But his fire, his strength, is effectively greater, so fewer can stand up to him.
    The demon lords of the Abyss are a terrible reflection of the Primordials, destroying as they do, but unable to create as the Primordials do. With his abilities to create limited as they are, he is that much closer to demon than creator.
    I play up Ladej's antipathy for the gods a lot, but in some ways, the demon lords are worse. The primordials are worthy of worship because they are powerful beings of chaos that build and destroy both, as "Lords of Creation." Demon lords, too, are beings of chaos, but corrupt creation instead of make things themselves. (This is religious doctrine, not necessarily the truth.)
    Creation is a holy act for Ladej; he defines himself by his ability to build and break both. Take away his ability to create, and is he any better than a demon, then? No, of course not.
    He'd be worse.

I'm providing ambience.
  • TuranosTuranos Registered User regular
    Question Answers:

Confusion, mostly. Although it's been around for a while, Mnemo has mostly avoided organics as they had a tendency to fear it and/or try to harm it. It has certainly never encountered another "adventuring" group. It doesn't really understand community, as it has never met another being like it, so groups of people in general are difficult for it to figure out. That said, thus far this group has aided it and not tried to harm it, so it is willing to work with them and even protect them as long as that lasts.

Doesn't care. Mnemo has often been "wanted" by one set of people or another, so this is mostly not new and certainly not particularly surprising. In terms of its opinion of zealots in general, it has both an understanding of them and a profound lack thereof. The idea of just "knowing" something is not foreign to it, as its telepathy means it often simply "knows" things that other people haven't discovered, but the idea of having faith is totally alien to it. So far, Mnemo hasn't shown much of an imagination. That isn't to say it can't solve problems using abstract possibilities, but at no point would it sit around and daydream about living in a castle, even if it wanted to live in a castle.

Curious but cautious. It wants to know exactly what link it has to the dragon, and what this could mean for its existence continuing forward. However, it does not "trust" her, and suspects that it is being used as a tool for a greater purpose that may not be in its best interests.

The nk'barra are pretty much enemies of Mnemo by default, so at best it might try to avoid them rather than antagonising them. That does not seem to be the way things are going, though, so it will take whatever measures are necessary to defend itself and its new companions. As for the forest nymphs, its philosophy is basically "live and let live" so considering it was the mortals that were intruding on the nymphs, it feels as if the group was in the right to defend them. That said, it would have seen no obligation to do so.

That Enthrexa might possess it, or otherwise destroy or control it in the course of events. Since it has always only had itself to rely on, it worries that its own self-determination will somehow be taken away by the dragon.

Character Specific:
    You've learned a lot about yourself and your heritage. How do you feel about the strange organisms you have fallen in with? How do you feel about being a vessel for a powerful psychic entity?
    These are both answered somewhat by my responses to earlier questions, but I'll give a couple more details. Mnemo sees no immediate danger in the rest of the group, but it does not discount the possibility that they will present a danger to it in future as Enthrexa's pawns. Things have so far been busy enough, and its control when communing mind-to-mind with them difficult enough, that it has not tried to telepathically "read" them at all. However, as its mental touch with them becomes more familiar and subtle, it may be able to do so without causing them pain and therefore alerting them if that's a storyline we're interested in. As for being a vessel, it is conflicted. It has wanted to know its purpose for a very long time, but it does not wish to subsume its will into another. Mnemo will certainly continue the quest, but it does not plan to simply lay down and accept Enthrexa's wishes if they conflict with its own.

The dwarf is the most normal of the bunch, and probably the one that Ilesombra would want at her back during a fight. She's worried that their differences in religion might come out sooner or later, which will cause some tension will probably not end well. Ladej annoys her greatly; she feels that he has an air of superiority about him that he has yet to earn in his words or actions. The paladin feels an odd sense of attachment to the construct. Whether that he's a creature of magical origin or because he seems the most "genuine", she has yet to decide.

Being a zealot of sorts, Ilesombra isn't too put off by it. It's just another group that is persecuting her to further their own agendas.

She is intrigued at the prospect of a creature being imprisoned in such a strange way, but Ilesombra is on guard in case this is a trap or trick of some sort.

The nk'barra are fools that deserve to be routed and destroyed. Ilesombra felt a twinge of concern about attacking the work camp without full knowledge of their activities, but she feels better now knowing that the workers were in league with the nk'barra.

Being found out as worshiper of You-Know-Who and being imprisoned or killed because of it before gaining a satisfactory amount of knowledge, both magical and mundane.

Character Specific:
    How do you feel you are completing your mission to track down and deliver magical artifacts for the Keepers? Did you join because you felt the calling to keep magic from the people, or are you actually attracted to magic and this is the best way to continue to learn about it?

Ilesombra feels that the books she nabbed are a good start, but she feels as though there is more to gain and learn. Her motivations are a mixture of the two, really. She feels that magic is something to be learned about in all of its aspects, but it shouldn't be free to be seen by everyone.

steam_sig.png
  • LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    Hi guys, your campaign looks interesting and I see you're looking for a leader, how about:

Lucian Kant,
    Shadar-Kai Artificer|Warlord

LucianKant.jpg

Appearance & Demeanor
    Lucian Kant has ashen grey skin and pale hair, a typical complexion in the Shadowfell but one that makes his origins plain in Ydria. His garb always includes his long leather overcoat of an obviously military cut, the last piece of his militia uniform from his days in the Shadowfell. It hides the ritualistic tattoos and scars on his arms and torso which isn't ideal, but he is captive to his own sentiment in this regard. Lucian is smart, friendly and honorable, a disposition born largely from the kindness and hospitality shown him by the many people living under the heel of the zealots.

Like all Shadar-Kai, he yearns for passion, excitement and extremes, leading from the front lines despite not actually wearing any serious armor, relying on his skill to avoid or parry blows. His fighting style involves slashing, stabbing and even throwing both or either of his twin blades; often coming to an ally's timely aid and at times attacking only to create an opening for an ally.

Background
    Born in the draining Shadowfell, Lucian Kant found his calling fighting in ad hoc militias formed to defeat the various horrors that stride among the shadows and threatened the Shadar-Kai. Although such challenges were exciting, they were also fleeting, all quick hunts and easy victories. Looking for a more thrilling experience, Lucian left the Shadowfell in search of adventure... and emerged in Ydria.

Native to a land that actively saps will, creativity and variety, he could scarcely fathom what would drive a people to limit themselves intentionally. More uncomfortable was the fact that Lucian himself was a student of the Arcane, tinkering with gadgets to assist in combat and using magic to enchant his allies' arms. But then again, there was a rebellion opposed to the regime. The odds would be against them, the battles fierce. An excellent challenge amidst a people passionately struggling for their very survival? He immediately signed on.

Fighting with the dissidents for a few years Lucian Kant saw many victories and earned respect among the cause. Now as a Rebel Captain leading a small band of men, he was tasked with actively seeking and engaging the nk'bara in combat. This, unfortunately, has recently gone spectacularly poorly as his group was ambushed and, although they managed to destroy the attacking force, Lucian found himself alone amidst a field of corpses as the last of his men died despite his efforts to stabilize them. Now he wanders alone, separated from his usual support network, unsure whether it even still exists or could he trust it even if he made contact, fearing a traitor among them.

I haven't read the IC thread yet but I assume from the outlaws nature of the first post that a rebel leader works out well? I'd be fine with whatever story-stuff is needed to write the character in.

Here's a sheet, I dual wield drow long knives and throw them for the various Ranged Artificer powers because that seems really cool. The first page of this thread says to use inherent bonuses, so I did. Should I add some magic items or themes or anything?

http://orokos.com/dnd4e/sheets/4295

Anyway let me know if this works or what not.

• SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Hi Everyone, I have submitted the following character to Daniant via PM's...

Vrask the Wanderer, Dragonborn Bard 2

Background
    Vrask the Wanderer is a historian and adventurer. He longs to see the world and explore all it has to offer. Unlike many bards, Vrask is not a musician, but rather a storyteller and collector of legend. Glib and smooth tounged, Vrask is charismatic and gregarious. If he is not out in the wilds, sword in hand living the dream, he loves to be in front of a roaring fire in a packed tavern, regalling the crowd with rousing tales, impressing children and wooing women.

Vrask has been schmoozing in the halls of government, rubbing shoulders with princes and clerics alike. All to get his hands on lost lore, legends that have been buried by the powers that be. He longs to know the truth of matters, and spread those tales far and wide.

Until recently, that is. For Vrask is a Dragonborn and a heretic.

Image:
    Dragonborn_WIP_by_aaaokay.jpg

Steelhawk on
  • Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    For your consideration:

Karis Marner, (human) Vampire/Cleric
    Mechanically, she deals strictly with HP, adept at giving it to allies and taking it from enemies.

Pic:
    Adelle_Duran_Pic.jpg
    Background/Story Connection:
    Karis Marner’s natural life was short and marred by tragedy. When she was very young, disease robbed her of her parents and older brother. Left orphaned and alone, she was taken in by the local temple of Ioun. Despite the clerics’ best attempts, she could never understand their teachings, they seemed so far removed from her own reality. She began to explore the pantheon and human philosophy on her own, trying to find her place. It was in the somber of teachings of the Raven Queen that she found solace. It gave her comfort to confront the death around her. To know that it was the natural progression of life, and not to be feared. Though acknowledgement of the Queen’s dark but necessary work is widespread, Karis had to travel to the far reaches to find an organized temple to call her home.

She was in her late twenties, and still very young in her studies of the Raven Queen’s teachings when it happened. A swarm of undead abominations, lead by a cadre of vampires overran the temple. They desecrated anything they could not destroy. Karis, the youngest of the acolytes, was forced to watch as her brothers and sisters were murdered. She was prepared for death, to join her family at last. But the vampires had other ideas. She was denied death and, as a final desecration to the natural order of the Raven Queen, Karis herself was turned into a vampire.

She awoke as an abomination to her own god. Her connection to her Queen had been severed, and she felt as alone as she had when she was an orphaned child. But she would not accept a fate of eternal separation without release. She searched her ruined temple for the trappings of her order. She donned them and respoke the vows she had taken when she had first arrived. In time, she learned to adapt to her new reality, to harness her new dark power. She even managed to rekindle a weak connection with the Raven Queen.

After years of wandering alone, she managed to find a home in the small village of North Haverbrook. Her townsfolk harbored no love for the nk’barra zealots that terrorized the arcane, and welcomed nearly anyone who was travelling through. Karis eventually told them her story, every detail, about what she was and how she had come to be it. The initial outcry was to be expected, and Karis was ready to be thrown out of town, if not worse. But an uneasy understanding was come to. She would be allowed to stay and work as an “undertaker” of sorts, using her unique training to administer burial rites to the dead and ensure their good favor with the Raven Queen. Her interaction with the living though was to be minimal. Karis accepted their terms and began her new life in the village.
    Appearance/Mannerisms:
    Karis wears the dark gray hooded cloak of her order over her a set of hide armor that has been dyed a deep purple, nearly black. She keeps her arms and legs covered with sleeves and long pants at all times, even during the summer months, to ensure that she is not exposed to the sunlight should she have to venture out during the day. There is a translucent veil sown into the hood of her cloak, also for protection from direct sunlight. She would much prefer to travel without the hood, but that is obviously not an option when the sun is out. Having learned long ago that she has no need for them, she carries no weapons save her heavy gauntlets and a crossbow slung across her back (for emergencies). For the most part, she can hide her vampirism even without the hood if she keeps her head lowered when she speaks to hide her mouth, although this odd mannerism garners enough suspicion on its own.

She is tacit, but determined, and can be a bit of a fatalistic downer. Her own unique situation has given her compassion for most living beings, and she is likely to give anyone the benefit of the doubt. Her mind is not closed to the possibility that even the most evil among the living may simply be a victim of circumstance. Once someone violates that trust, and shows her that they have chosen the path of evil, she will not hesitate to use her dark gifts to hasten their audience with her Raven Queen.

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
    Thank you all very much for your submissions. After much discussion and voting, we have decided to choose Steelhawk's Vrask to join us. However, if in the future I find that I need more players (D:), I will not hesitate to PM you all.

I will get Vrask in the mix shortly, Steel.

@Steelhawk. Vrask can make his entrance any time to the IC RR Strange thread, my friend.

Yeah, definitely some strong character concepts, not an easy discussion. Welcome to the campaign, Steelhawk, hope you survive the experience!

SrUxdlb.jpg
    Excellent! Glad to be here and thanks for letting me play, excetea, excetera...

I'll try an post a semi-worthy intro later this afternoon when I'm not at work.

Dani, Would Vrask know what a gensai & shardmind are? I would assume so, being a bard and all.

Just in case, Arcana = 19

• AegofAegof Registered User regular
    Haha, pretty sure the shardmind doesn't know what a shardmind is.

I'm providing ambience.
    The shardmind is kind of a special snowflake and you will/have never seen anything like it.

The genasi is what a genasi is: an elemental being not from this plane. You vaguely know that there are other planes but nothing else about them.

edited February 2012
    ARCANE

Dani, do the teleporting shrines lead straight to the museum district?

SilverBones on

[ B E A R ]
    I used to be a King;
    now I drag my Throne

Strange:

Does Vrask know anything about Enthrexa?

Steel:

Sorry, lots of things happened this week. Vrask has heard legends of the Emerald Empress told by his mama. You also feel a very powerful arcane presence about these folks, but you wouldn't have enough information to connect these two things together.

Strange

If we've bought our supplies, I say we move out. I don't really want to put the town at risk unnecessarily. If we haven't made our shopping trip yet, then I don't mind staying.

steam_sig.png
    Tordain would be interested in staying in a bed tonight, but he'll agree with that argument. It looks like Constance got us our supplies ready, so we could in theory move out. Unless there are any other objections?

SrUxdlb.jpg
    Vrask would like to leave in the morning like civillized people, since he's packing his gear and saying his goodyes.

But if the party wants to run on tonight, then OK.