As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] SPOILER ALL ME3 DISCUSSION. EVERY SINGLE BIT. EVEN HINTS.

• curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    evilthecat wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    OH MY GOD..... :C :C :C
    You just made me realise that I made it so that The Quarian fleet will never get to see their newly reobtained homeworld...

I feel like such a dick now... :C
    they can, though.
    conventional FTL drives.
    just look at how far the reapers got in 2 years: darkspace to the milky way.
    might be a bit longer as non-reaper ships might not be as fast and they will likely have to detour a bit for fuelling stops but other than that it's entirely feasible.
    Only problem with that is fuel. Reapers don't use fuel when they do FTL, they are also much faster than the fastest normal ship.

Looking at the galaxy map, Rannoch is roughly 80,000 light years from Earth. No fucking way they have the fuel for that and even if they did, I seriously doubt any Quarian would see their home in their lifetime. Next generation maybe.

That also doesn't count food. I'm not sure how many live ships were at the battle, but even if only a couple got destroyed, feeding the fleet would be insufficient, you'd have to allow some to die so the rest could live.

The Quarians are generally fucked.

According to the codex
    Would take the quarians around 18 years to travel 80,000 light years, and more fuel than they could possibly have, and their liveships are back at rannoch

Therefore: The vast majority of the quarian race is going to die in orbit of earth
    so it takes 18 years to cross the entire galaxy. should only be a few months to the nearest turian colony, right?

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    I don't think there is anything better than being an engineer in MP going against the Geth. Tech explosions all day. Should probably talk to my teammates and tell them to not shoot the blue glowy guy in the middle of the pack so I can make them go boom. Managed to get all the way through a silver round of MP with all randoms, and we barely even communicated, but everybody just knew what to do. It was glorious.

I wish promoting a level 20 character would give you a spectre pack or some kind of unlockable.

Does anyone know if, once maxed out, you still receive XP boosts for that class from the packs?

Put another way, can you receive duplicates of equipment you already have from the purchased packs?

• darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Decoy wrote: »
    darleysam wrote: »
    Not reading anything else in this thread, I just wanted to stop in to say that I've been really impressed by the Kinect voice commands. I honestly expected not to care about them even slightly, but after some prompting from my girlfriend to try them out, they're really cool. Getting people to launch off a power in the middle of a fight just by telling them? Feels pretty boss. I have had a couple of instances where it's picked the wrong conversation option, once because there was already a conversation going on in the room and it detected that, and once because Vega was talking while the prompt came up, and it picked the option from that. But on the whole, really quite satisfying and impressive.

I was really hoping that this could somehow be integrated with the PC version, for those of us with mics. It seemed like such a freaking great feature, I'm glad you're having a good time with it and not struggling to get it working (aside from the rare dialogue option thing).

With Kinect now being an official thing for PC, I suppose it's possible they might be able to patch it to work that way sometime, would be great if they could bring it to more people. I imagine it'd be a harder code rewrite to get it to work through different voice-recognition software and inputs, since I understand the Kinect-based stuff is all handled differently. As in, it's not that BioWare wrote their own voice-recognition software, but used the capabilities that come with Kinect's software. For them to use just any ordinary PC headset, I imagine they'd need to actually write all new code.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    You just made me realise that I made it so that The Quarian fleet will never get to see their newly reobtained homeworld...

they can, though.
    conventional FTL drives.
    might be a bit longer as non-reaper ships might not be as fast and they will likely have to detour a bit for fuelling stops but other than that it's entirely feasible.
    Only problem with that is fuel. Reapers don't use fuel when they do FTL, they are also much faster than the fastest normal ship.

Looking at the galaxy map, Rannoch is roughly 80,000 light years from Earth. No fucking way they have the fuel for that and even if they did, I seriously doubt any Quarian would see their home in their lifetime. Next generation maybe.

That also doesn't count food. I'm not sure how many live ships were at the battle, but even if only a couple got destroyed, feeding the fleet would be insufficient, you'd have to allow some to die so the rest could live.

and hey presto
    there's loads of reaper corpses lying around.
    i think they will be able to go home, it'll likely be an epic journey but still!
    Except for the fact where dead Reapers can still indoctrinate, sure.

The only Quarians who will survive are the ones left behind on Rannoch.

There just isn't enough fuel left. Also be aware that the Volus, Elco, Turians, Salarian, and Asari will want to go home too. So don't expect them to share fuel. Hypothetically, the Salarians, Asari, and Elcor could stay on Earth for a while, but the Volus need air to breath, and Turians/Quarians need food to eat and nothing on Earth would give useful nutrients.

I'm sorry, but they are fucked.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Ugg... anyone else have a problem with the 360 version occassionally hard-locking during a load? It's happened like 5 times now :(

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    I don't think there is anything better than being an engineer in MP going against the Geth. Tech explosions all day. Should probably talk to my teammates and tell them to not shoot the blue glowy guy in the middle of the pack so I can make them go boom. Managed to get all the way through a silver round of MP with all randoms, and we barely even communicated, but everybody just knew what to do. It was glorious.

I wish promoting a level 20 character would give you a spectre pack or some kind of unlockable.

Does anyone know if, once maxed out, you still receive XP boosts for that class from the packs?

Put another way, can you receive duplicates of equipment you already have from the purchased packs?

You can still get the classes, because it will give you more customization for the armor that the character is wearing. I think when the equipment duplicates you get a higher level of it. I'm not sure on the equipment part though.

• FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    Asari adept is just as useful against non-Cerberus races. I used to think otherwise but then I realized warp/throw does crazy amounts of damage to anything. Stasis is largely useless against reapers but I just throw spam the smaller stuff and destroy the bigger things with warp/throw.

If you run with less than 200% cooldown it probably doesn't work, but if you're doing that you're doing it wrong.

MOBA DOTA.
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

they can, though.
    conventional FTL drives.

According to the codex
    Would take the quarians around 18 years to travel 80,000 light years, and more fuel than they could possibly have, and their liveships are back at rannoch

Therefore: The vast majority of the quarian race is going to die in orbit of earth
    so it takes 18 years to cross the entire galaxy. should only be a few months to the nearest turian colony, right?
    Yeah I suppose so, but the turians are going to be lucky to keep their people alive - they're just as fucked as the billions of hungry mouths remaining on earth

The reapers destroyed all of the fuel depots in the galaxy too so, good luck getting there

override367 on
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    That does it, I'm gonna do a full triple game run. These default options are bullshit. I'm pretty sure I have Mass Effect 1 on steam.

edited March 2012
    http://www.masseffect2saves.com/ should have you covered, you can find every combination of options

override367 on

You can still get the classes, because it will give you more customization for the armor that the character is wearing. I think when the equipment duplicates you get a higher level of it. I'm not sure on the equipment part though.

I just mean that if I keep buying the 5000 credit packs I'll eventually unlock everything... right?

Because I can buy three of those after every round. So while a piece of rare equipment might be nice, I'll still get them eventually. If, on the other hand, you can accidentally draw duplicate equipment (I mean completely duplicate and redundant) then fuck that noise.

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I had the 360 hard lock a couple of times, yeah. I just shut it off and tried it again and it was dandy.

I just mean that if I keep buying the 5000 credit packs I'll eventually unlock everything... right?

Because I can buy three of those after every round. So while a piece of rare equipment might be nice, I'll still get them eventually. If, on the other hand, you can accidentally draw duplicate equipment (I mean completely duplicate and redundant) then fuck that noise.

First three spectre packs I bought had the same 3-shot burst assault rifle

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Just a thought about what happens after the ending.
    We have a slice of every major species in the galaxy in the Sol system along with their best and brightest whom were working on the Crucible. No longer having access to Mass Relay technology, perhaps the galaxy will evolve along its own lines than the Reapers/Citadel. Hey, that fits the first two games better than what we got…

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Big Isy wrote: »
    That does it, I'm gonna do a full triple game run. These default options are bullshit. I'm pretty sure I have Mass Effect 1 on steam.

I'm starting one as well. I don't care how much I hate the Mako and shitty autosave I am going to beat Mas Effect 1 this time.

Magell on
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular

So that one weapon was at LVL 3. Maybe once it's maxed the system knows.

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    http://www.masseffect2saves.com/ should have you covered, you can find every combination of options

thought about that but honestly, I think id appreciate the decisions more going through it myself.

• SirsonSirson Registered User regular
    Game was phenomenal overall, which made the ending that much more bittersweet. Easily the best game in the series imho.
    Ending thoughts:
    Cinematically Scorewise fucking awesome, Shepard dragging his poor ass to one of the final destinations when the music starts playing and he seems memories of his friends/loved ones.. chills. The no epilogue/resolution kind of killed it for me. I thought bioware would open the mass effect universe up for new stories, but now it seems like this set of games is going to be the Kotor, to the starwars movies. We're going to have to jump way in the future or some such for more mass effect games. This game not only ended Shepard's story but pretty much any story in this time period, if that makes any sense.

Also it kind of hurts that it's all over.. oh first world problems.

Big Isy wrote: »

I'm starting one as well. I don't care how much I hate the Mako and shitty autosave I am going to beat Mas Effect 1 this time.

Just be sure to set it to easy.

I played through insanity once and despite all my mods and armors and everything it can still take several minutes to kill a bad guy. Just sat there pouring rounds into him. He couldn't even move. It's just tedious.

• KhildithKhildith Registered User regular

I don't think the recruit pack has a chance or much of a chance of unlocking rares.

Once you get a gun leveled up fully you wont get it again, but you'll get the same characters forever.

Usually in a spectre pack I get like 3 medigel and 3 rockets and such, plus higher level armor/weapon equipment. Seems pretty worth it to just save up for the Spectre after a couple initial recruit pack unlocks.

• jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    Having not played all the way through (I'm maybe 8-10 hours in), what dlc would everyone like to see? With me2 it came with a dlc character but then released with Kasumi, and I loved Kasumi just as any other cast member.

Also I wonder if they will add the first dlc characters race to the multiplayer. I suppose it wouldn't work for canon.

Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • SirsonSirson Registered User regular
    jeddy lee wrote: »
    Having not played all the way through (I'm maybe 8-10 hours in), what dlc would everyone like to see? With me2 it came with a dlc character but then released with Kasumi, and I loved Kasumi just as any other cast member.

Also I wonder if they will add the first dlc characters race to the multiplayer. I suppose it wouldn't work for canon.

I think the first story based dlc is going to be about Omega, if rumors are to be believed.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    joshgotro wrote: »

So that one weapon was at LVL 3. Maybe once it's maxed the system knows.

Yeah you stop getting a weapon once it maxes.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I have Cobra Missile capacity up to 4 now. Game over man. Now I just have to get some missiles. The last couple of packs had ZERO :(

Bless your heart.
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I've just been buying Veteran packs straight up...I would save for Spectre but I'm like...you get three Vets for one Spectre so whatever.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Once you level up a Quarian Infiltrator you can get a spectre pack every round and still have around 15k left. I mean you might get bored of playing the same class every game versus the same enemies every game, but it's good for unlocks.

Bless your heart.
  • JakorianJakorian Registered User regular
    Whats a good level to start doing silver and gold in MP?

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Sirson wrote: »
    jeddy lee wrote: »

I think the first story based dlc is going to be about Omega, if rumors are to be believed.

I believe those rumors.

I'm not sure how they're going to handle DLC for this game. I guess they'll just add new War Assets? Or they'll most likely find a way to tie DLC missions to the war, and explain why it would be beneficial to do them.

Overlord and LotSB were fuckawesome, but DLC missions like those wouldn't really fit in the game.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular

they can, though.
    conventional FTL drives.

Ending stuff
    If you picked control, you can load the quarians and their stuff into a few Shepard-controlled Reaperships and fly them home. If you selected destroy, pretty much every system is going to have at least one dead reaper to study and you can possibly extrapolate a better drive core from them (I mean look at how quick the Turians came up with the Thanix cannon).

I don't really remember what happens to the reapers on the Synthesis ending, but if everything really is synthesized, maybe everyday ships are more like reaperships now (half organic have synthetic) and their capabilites have been changed/improved as a result so they use less fuel or no fuel at all. Synthesis is, after all, supposed to be the golden ending.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote:

Theoretically, maybe, but I suspect that you'll just end up getting piles and piles of consumables, since the basic pack only has a chance of uncommon, to say nothing of rare or n7.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Just a thought about what happens after the ending.
    We have a slice of every major species in the galaxy in the Sol system along with their best and brightest whom were working on the Crucible. No longer having access to Mass Relay technology, perhaps the galaxy will evolve along its own lines than the Reapers/Citadel. Hey, that fits the first two games better than what we got…

This has been my assumption, yes.

Ending stuff.
    Lot of people seem to be really upset about the mass relays being destroyed, but that's the one thing I am not only 100% on board with in the ending, but I thought that it needed to happen thematically, and has been foreshadowed since game 1.

But losing the mass relays is not the end of life as we know it. Technology advances faster when necessity is involved. No one spent any great amount of time and resources on mass relays because they already existed. The Asari even laughed at the idea of trying to develop one (idiots). Now that it's suddenly imperative to have them, and the greatest scientific minds in the galaxy are stuck in Sol, I don't think it will take as long to develop them as some people suppose.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »

they can, though.
    conventional FTL drives.

Ending stuff
    If you picked control, you can load the quarians and their stuff into a few Shepard-controlled Reaperships and fly them home. If you selected destroy, pretty much every system is going to have at least one dead reaper to study and you can possibly extrapolate a better drive core from them (I mean look at how quick the Turians came up with the Thanix cannon).

I don't really remember what happens to the reapers on the Synthesis ending, but if everything really is synthesized, maybe everyday ships are more like reaperships now (half organic have synthetic) and their capabilites have been changed/improved as a result so they use less fuel or no fuel at all. Synthesis is, after all, supposed to be the golden ending.

I think you mean it's the green one :P

they can, though.
    conventional FTL drives.

and hey presto
    i think they will be able to go home, it'll likely be an epic journey but still!

There just isn't enough fuel left. Also be aware that the Volus, Elco, Turians, Salarian, and Asari will want to go home too. So don't expect them to share fuel. Hypothetically, the Salarians, Asari, and Elcor could stay on Earth for a while, but the Volus need air to breath, and Turians/Quarians need food to eat and nothing on Earth would give useful nutrients.

Ending stuff
    I'm going to assume that Catalyst is the mechanism responsible for indoctrination, and now that there is no Catalyst anymore, the reaper leftovers are perfectly safe.

• UmbryUmbry Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Ugg... anyone else have a problem with the 360 version occassionally hard-locking during a load? It's happened like 5 times now :(

You're not alone, happened to me too when I tried entering the gun range on Citadel and it just froze while loading. Thankfully the back button is quick save. It became a reflex for me to hit back every 30 seconds after that happened.

Edond.png
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »

they can, though.
    conventional FTL drives.

and hey presto

Ending stuff
    I'm going to assume that Catalyst is the mechanism responsible for indoctrination, and now that there is no Catalyst anymore, the reaper leftovers are perfectly safe.
    Yeah, it makes sense to me that they're truly and actually dead, so they're just giant corpses floating through space, waiting to be plundered.

Either way, I also believe that the Quairans will survive. It may take them centuries to get to their homeworld, but they also may not have to, really. Turian colonies are sure to have food, and we know that some of these colonies even managed to repel Reaper invasion for a time, so they're not completely devastated. Salvage Reaper-tech for your drive core and you're golden.

• Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Taramoor wrote:

Theoretically, maybe, but I suspect that you'll just end up getting piles and piles of consumables, since the basic pack only has a chance of uncommon, to say nothing of rare or n7.

There's no limit to consumables or characters, even if all characters/classes are level 20, so the chances of getting a Gold card don't go up very much. When doing Spectre packs, you'll eventually run out of "common" Gold unlocks, and then it'll be like 30 character boosts for every Gold ultra-rare (N7 weapons).

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    I figured character unlocks would stop after hitting max appearance customization options (lights), not just max level. Or does it keep happening even if you've got the lights unlocked.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • ShenShen Registered User regular
    Completed; absolutely phenomenal game with a distressingly disappointing finale.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Before I go and spend a ton of money on the spectre weapons, which one will get me the best bang for my buck? I'm a soldier and I use pretty much every gun.

Black Widow is sex.

• AshdrakeAshdrake Registered User regular
    ending spoiler
    I am mostly fine with the end. Robot god space magic doesn't really bug me, but the Normandy bit does. I really hope we get a dlc that explains that whole scene. Perhaps a Normandy vs Harbinger bit. Really hope bio does not give in to the massive demands for a sunshine and lollypops ending.

I hunt monsters because I need weapons. I need weapons because I hunt monsters.
This discussion has been closed.