As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition] Triple Skulls is where it's at!

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Draeven wrote: »
    well, i was messing up a human team pretty good with him, so Meh. I didn't really play them thinking I was gonna win alot.

Hey now... :(

Plus, ogre catch, double dodge and double GFI touchdown basically means I win Blood Bowl.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    just talking shit to all those vampire haters is all.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    So Papa's Little Children have faced a foe their biological warfare could not overcome. The dead. Game ended 1-1 between Papa's little children and Bubba's Ho-Step. Tetanus and Nasopharyngitis both caused injuries, but no deaths on either side.

Of note: A Tomb Guardian picking up the ball multiple times and running it downfield, with no re-rolls left.

MVP's were the Beast of Nurgle and one of his Tomb guardians, for staring at each other menacingly and not really doing damage all game.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Ahhhh ...

That new avatar smell.

• Options
    KharnastusKharnastus Registered User regular
    So yes. Tomb guardian picked up the ball. No need to reroll. made the attempt to go for it twice. On the second roll I roll a 1, quickly followed by another rerolled 1. next turn. Arise Sticky Hands the Tomb Guardian to pick up the ball again. No need to reroll. waltz to the end zone? don't mind if i do. The common cold broke one of my players back's. Maybe it was the coughing fit?
    Oh and when do I get my SPPs!

• Options
    once the game gets updated by the league president, so it shouldn't be long. He is usualy pretty fast about it.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    I thought the regular league wasn't stating till today? Well I should be free every night(west coast) so just message me on Steam @Tiger Burning.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Some people got started early.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Best way to get it validated is to Message me through Steam to catch my attention. Otherwise you'll have to wait till I read about it here. And of course if you don't preface your game information with Regular/Speed/Extension/Open, then I gotta check a few places to see who needs what. ;) And with that snarkiness being said, games have been Validated.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    KharnastusKharnastus Registered User regular
    So it turns out it was Hapi Naepes that made the only Ho-Stepper's touchdown. It will be interesting to see if he ever touches the ball again.

• Options
    stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    attention Drome and Bizazedo, I am likely available for a game tonight starting around 9 to 10 est. I will be very available tommorow as I get off of work at about 115pm est for some odd reason.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Fooms and TheLawinator, I'm ready anytime you are.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Speed League Season 2: Day 2 ( Started: 5 March Ends: 8 March )

Docshifty vs [PA]Drake
    TheLawinator vs Banzai5150
    Veevee vs Custom Special
    Stopgap vs Bizazedo

We're 4 days past due on this guys.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

Docshifty vs [PA]Drake
    Veevee vs Custom Special
    Stopgap vs Bizazedo

Psh, maybe you are. I got my butt handed to me quite promptly, thankyouverymuch.

• Options
    OddllamaOddllama eBay plastic space robot A+ buyer OhioRegistered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    Regular League - Fixed schedule, 28 teams, 7 divisions, just started up (day 1 this week), each day takes 1 week.

Extended League - Fixed schedule, 10? teams, about to finish their cup, each day takes 1 week?

Speed League - Fixed schedule, 6? teams, each day takes 3 days.

Open league - No schedule, no limit on teams, play anyone whenever, except don't keep playing the same person straight away.

Thanks! Are any of these open to new teams? (I assume "Open" league always is)
    And what are their names, so as I may search for them?

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Oddllama wrote: »
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    Regular League - Fixed schedule, 28 teams, 7 divisions, just started up (day 1 this week), each day takes 1 week.

Extended League - Fixed schedule, 10? teams, about to finish their cup, each day takes 1 week?

Speed League - Fixed schedule, 6? teams, each day takes 3 days.

Open league - No schedule, no limit on teams, play anyone whenever, except don't keep playing the same person straight away.

Thanks! Are any of these open to new teams? (I assume "Open" league always is)
    And what are their names, so as I may search for them?

Regular and Speed are ran by me, and currently are full.
    Extended is ran by Rami and I is full.
    Open is available to anyone and I believe it is called "PA Open League" or some such. If you create a team and apply to the League, let someone know that you're waiting to be accepted and those that have the power will do so. From there, it will be up to you to find one of the other Coaches(there are many) and schedule up a match time. Most people are up for anything whenever, so you should be good to go. And forgive me for forgetting who set up the Open League, but I believe the information is in the OP.

p.s. it's Rami as well who started/runs the Open League. Though I have permission to accept people, or did, so if you want in, make a team and let me know. Best way to let me know, is through Steam msg.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Awesome, thanks. I'll probably be entering a team in tonight or tomorrow. I'll try to send a message to the appropriate person.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Oh yes I do run it!

I knew that. Definitely. But if I ever did forget, I had the foresight to comission some other people.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    me and my opponent haven't found a time yet, ill send him a message later on and see what hes is doing tomorrow.

I can try tomorrow afternoon? Or early evening, but yea on vacation all this week :) If we can't get it tomorrow, I'd say go ahead and advance the league.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Woop woop!

Yes, You beat me.

Docshifty vs [PA]Drake
    Veevee vs Custom Special
    Stopgap vs Bizazedo

Calling @Bizazedo

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Woop woop!

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    Figured "What the hell?" and applied to the open league with my lizardman team, Japanasauruses.

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    Bigity wrote: »
    me and my opponent haven't found a time yet, ill send him a message later on and see what hes is doing tomorrow.

I can try tomorrow afternoon? Or early evening, but yea on vacation all this week :) If we can't get it tomorrow, I'd say go ahead and advance the league.
    Works for me man, im available up tell 3:30 pm cst tomorrow .

• Options
    Bother, bother...
    What might the password to the open league be? Help a newbie out.

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    It's the usual PA password for anything. PM me if you don't know what that is.

Edit: It's also in the first post (same as the regular league).

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    Thank you. I haven't dabbled in PA community things up til now.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Ahhhh ...

That new avatar smell.

That's awesome.

Good news: my internet got hooked up this morning. So i can blood bowl tonight. I will be looking for open league action tonight.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Ok so I figured out how to Stream using Procaster, it's not showing me a limitation on how many times I can use it, so. I'm going to Stream my game tonight vs Fooms.

The Channel will be:
    http://www.livestream.com/banzaisstuff

not sure what Time though

p.s. You can see my first attempt to stream the damn thing using a single player game of my Orcs vs some HE's... the tv was a HUGE difference.. anyway early in the video it goes from seeing it to not seeing it but the cursor... I figured out into the match I HAD to be in Full Screen mode to get it to capture more than my mouse cursor.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    TheInspectorTheInspector Registered User regular
    Hey, so I was an idiot. My steam name is insincere_dave, not TheInspector. Found this out when I tried to join the steam group.

Could someone invite me or so whatever's necessary?

xbox360/WiiU: AnEvilHypnotist
  • Options
    Hey, so I was an idiot. My steam name is insincere_dave, not TheInspector. Found this out when I tried to join the steam group.

Could someone invite me or so whatever's necessary?

Can't find you, friend me(it's in my Sig) and I'll add you. Also, you can always change your 'Steam Name' to "The Inspector" if you wanted to, or keep it as is, just saying.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    If anyone feels like an open league game, message me on steam.

Edit: I"M GOING THROUGH WITHDRAWEL

Edit 2: I'm hopping in Banzai's stream and watching his game. People should join me so we can talk about the gore that is happening on-field.

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
  • Options
    ok about to play Fooms, so Streaming now.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    Regular League

My Eternity's Stewards just finished playing Moleface's Up High Clean Rats, with my team winning 2-1.

The dice weren't in it for Moleface's crew, as my very first block of the game resulted in a serious injury on one of his linemen. I was receiving and after 5 turns, at the end of my first drive, there were only 4 rats left standing on the field with 3 injured, 2 seriously, and 4 knocked out. 2 rats woke up after that, but every subsequent fielding of rats for the rest of the game was 7.

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    @Zombie Hero or @Custom Special through circumstances totally involving me having a minor melt-down I don't see my game with Gabriel Pitt being played. Totally my fault and not his, just having some things not work out the way they were supposed to on my end.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    BANZAI YOU SHAME YOURSELF!
    I caught most of the last half of your stream with Law and ZH...final turn you moved your piece in scoring position back to the scrum. You need to work on your glory! You had to believe the black orc would pick up the ball, and bomb it down to your orc for the touchdown!
    Glory, man.
    GLORY!

• Options
    TheInspectorTheInspector Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Regular League
    Gabriel Pitt vs The Inspector
    Da Lead Bellied Bashers vs The Lizards of Foz

(Apologies for undoubtedly getting the spelling of Da Basher’s players wrong – my hastily scribbled biro-inflicted handwriting is mostly illegible)
    Da Bashers kicked off and their solid line of ogres made an intimidating line of defence. The sauri and the ogres made a vicious exchange of blows and neither team gave any quarter. But at the back of the field, Meepo the skink quickly picked up the ball and ran it up the line of scrimmage. A boneheaded moment by Hirochi the ogre and a well-timed block from Curt the saurus opened up a gap in the ogre’s line. Meepo handed off the ball to Lemmy, his fellow skink, who ran deep into the Da Basher’s half before anyone realised what was happening.
    Apparently showing an unusual level of strategy for one of his species, Hirochi picked up the nearest snotling and launched him in the direction of Lemmy. The supporters watched with bated breath as Bred the snotling flew far over the head of Lemmy and landed in the stands – directly into the lap of a heavily made-up female ogre. Hirochi waved shyly at her and gestured that she should keep the snotling. Fortunately for the little fellow, Bred wriggled free and ran back to his dugout. The romance obviously distracted both teams as the only other player to try to stop Lemmy was Gur Fungus the snotling, who bounced off of the small lizard’s hide and watched from the ground as Lemmy ran in the first touchdown of the match.

Da Lead Bellied Bashers 0:1 The Lizards of Foz

Da Basher’s home crowd began to shout to encourage their team. Unfortunately neither of the two teams are known for their intelligence, so they both took equal amounts of heart from the cheering, and gained an extra reroll each. The Lizards landed their kick in the centre of the ogre’s half, where it was swiftly picked up by the snotlings. An especially brave critter named Globat sidled up to Skrag the ogre, who threw him far down the pitch where he landed directly on his spine. Globat was carted off the pitch as the ogres and sauri resumed pummelling each other. Never one to be disheartened by failure, Skrag picked up another snotling – the ball-carrying Bred, and obviously having gotten over-excited by this point, promptly spiked him into the ground, scattering the ball behind the ogre’s lines. This was the opening The Lizards were waiting for and Meepo skittered through a gap, picked up the bouncing ball and proceeded to run it into touch. He was only slightly slowed down by Skrag launching a third snotling at him, but this was expected behaviour by now so both skink and snotling took it in their stride.

Da Lead Bellied Bashers 0:2 The Lizards of Foz

A commotion on the pitch was briefly mistakenly thought to be a riot, but turned out to be a spontaneous goblin migration. The referee let the clock run in the confusion, and Da Bashers had only a few short moments in which to score a touchdown before the end of the half. A rapid exchange of blocks led nowhere, but several skinks ran into the ogre’s half, where they picked up the ball and promptly stood and looked around in confusion as the whistle was blown.
    The second half started with a blinding blitz by The Lizards. No sooner had the kicked ball landed in Da Basher’s half than little skink Rango had it in his hands, with his eyes on the endzone. However he had obviously grown overconfident and was quickly surrounded by three snotlings who piled onto him. Meepo ran through and picked up the ball again making it almost as far as the touchline, but was swarmed by even more snotlings and tripped as he tried to escape their slimy little fingers.
    The stalemate in the centre of the pitch ground on as block after block was thrown by the ogres and the sauri. The crowd started to jeer at the lack of blood, and were swiftly rewarded by Hirochi the ogre wrestling Tosk the saurus to the floor. Tosk was carried off the pitch, unlike his head which was kept as a souvenir by Hirochi. Not noticing this tragic turn of events, Meepo jumped back up and ran past the innumerable snotlings and into the endzone, picking the ball up and slamming it back down for the third touchdown.

Da Lead Bellied Bashers 0:3 The Lizards of Foz

The next drive began with a successful pass from Sxud the snotling to the ever-present Bred. Bred ran the ball up to the scrimmage line and handed it off to Uggsluck the ogre. Uggsluck was seemingly confused by the small leather thing in his hand, so was caught off-guard when the saurus Grimlock slammed into his chest. Uggsluck fell to the floor and the ball bounced into the centre of the chaos.
    Spyro the skink plucked the ball from the ground and ran past the ogres. The irritated Uggsluck clambered back to his feet and stomped on the nearest skink – the unfortunate Iggy. Guruuk threw Bred the snotling at Spyro in an attempt to stop him, but Bred failed to bounce properly and was knocked out. Spyro wasted no time in running the ball in for the fourth touchdown.

Da Lead Bellied Bashers 0:4 The Lizards of Foz

The final moments of the game were dominated by a string of fouls & dirty blocks as Da Bashers decided to even the score without worrying about the ball. Having seemingly foreseen this, the skinks were far from the danger, cowering near their own endzone. The final whistle was blown and both teams stomped off for rest, recuperation and fresh, bloody meat.

Final score:
    Da Lead Bellied Bashers 0:4 The Lizards of Foz

A great game with GabrielPitt. We both had difficulty injuring each other’s more vulnerable players – those skinks kept running out of harm’s way & the snotlings kept dodging & side-stepping to safety. Gabriel didn’t have a lot of luck with his bonehead rolls, with one of his ogres barely reaching sentience throughout the game. I was fortunate with my dodge rolls – I think I failed one of them all game. There were a couple of casualties, but only Tosk paid the ultimate price. Poor Tosk, you’re irreplaceable. Until I get another 10,000gp and can afford a new saurus.

TheInspector on
    xbox360/WiiU: AnEvilHypnotist
  • Options
    Watching the stream was a lot of fun, people who weren't able to join us missed out.

Steam
  • Options
    BANZAI YOU SHAME YOURSELF!
    I caught most of the last half of your stream with Law and ZH...final turn you moved your piece in scoring position back to the scrum. You need to work on your glory! You had to believe the black orc would pick up the ball, and bomb it down to your orc for the touchdown!
    Glory, man.
    GLORY!

I was debating, sitting there thinking, NAwwww he won't pick it up.. too many things have to go right.
    and low and behold it worked otu and he had the ball and I was like.. FUCK what do I do now? Run as far as I can and fall over.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    All Regular League games that were played have been Validated.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Well, at least I'm not the only regular leaguer who started out with an 0-4 loss. Welcome to the club!

SrUxdlb.jpg