As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Everyone is Fabulous [makeup and skincare] ONLY COOL BOYS ALLOWED

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I had actually favourite'd tippythai's shop! Do you have any experience with her bags?

• World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    none. but soon, I might buy like five of them. and she has terrific reviews.

kQwcZLJ.png
  • MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    @Janson, I could post pictures of my hand right now to make you feel better about yours, but they're kind of gross and might qualify as disturbing medical photos. So just know that your hands look better than mine!

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I went out with 200,000 won (a little under 200 USD) to buy an outfit for St. Patrick's Day and some new makeup per your recommendations.

Instead I ended up buying a silk dress for 150,000. I am bad at makeup shopping. Although I did get a festive outfit for the weekend.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    none. but soon, I might buy like five of them. and she has terrific reviews.

I really like this one

Haha, thanks, Eddy ;)

and ooh, I didn't see this one last I looked! (Not the colour, but the style). HMMMMMMMM! Now what do I choose?

• MateyMatey see, look how sad i am now give me your wallet.Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    Also I love my current bag but sliiightly regret putting a Kirby patch on it.

sad_kirby_by_novastarz1224-d371r3b.jpg

How could this happen to me?

I've made my mistakes...

• SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Hey so I know it's not the right thread really but

Any suggestions or ideas for how I can get the word out to get this baby blanket sold (see: crochetitaintso.tumblr.com )? I need someone who is more Internet famous than me to tell people about it

You know since we're talking about etsy and stuff

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Omg those BAGS

you girls are the WORST thing for my financial health

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Omg those BAGS

RIGHT? they're so affordable that you can't help but buy 8 of them

also your box is getting mailed out ASAP. I've been working all the hours the post office is open, but I have this shit sorted out now! please only hate me a little bit, I'm the worst

kQwcZLJ.png
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    Haha, thanks, Eddy ;)

and ooh, I didn't see this one last I looked! (Not the colour, but the style). HMMMMMMMM! Now what do I choose?

NO I SAW IT FIRST I JUST DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING CUZ I WANT IT

though to be fair the colors aren't the best for my work attire so hmmmm

Omg those BAGS

RIGHT? they're so affordable that you can't help but buy 8 of them

also your box is getting mailed out ASAP. I've been working all the hours the post office is open, but I have this shit sorted out now! please only hate me a little bit, I'm the worst

Awwww I already hate you a little bit for being so purdy!

It's no worries Kate, on your own time and convenience is 100000% fine! I wouldn't want to put you out or anything!

Also shipping to Aussieland is craaaaaazy

Depends on what you are shipping and how you are shipping it. First Class Intl with USPS tends to be reasonable.

Omg speaking of

I shipped the Triforce afghan to Canada

It was JUST OVER 4 lbs so I had to ship it Priority

$33

edited March 2012
    Hah. You think that's bad?

I have spent $70 on shipping for SS before. With it weighing just over a kilogram.

Australia Post only offers two options for shipping: really fast or really slow. Nothing in between. So I could've paid maybe $20 to get it there in 3 months OR I pay $70 to get it there in a week to 2 weeks.

Australia sucks. Shipping out of it is a way bigger pain in the ass than shipping into it. :C

Vivixenne on
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Hah. You think that's bad?

I have spent $70 on shipping for SS before. With it weighing just over a kilogram.

Australia Post only offers two options for shipping: really fast or really slow. Nothing in between. So I could've paid maybe $20 to get it there in 3 months OR I pay $70 to get it there in a week to 2 weeks.

Australia sucks. Shipping out of it is a way bigger pain in the ass than shipping into it. :C

That's the truth

I have an acquaintance that dyes yarn in NSW and while I'd love to buy a ton of it from her I just can't justify the shipping

edited March 2012
    do you guys have any other bag shops you'd recommend on Etsy?

there are just SO MANY of them

I like the look of some of the tippythai ones better than the bayan hippo ones, but I mean... any stores you guys quite like, hit me

I need a new bag for work as my bootleg Coach bag (which is about 5 years old now) is falling apart

Vivixenne on
    what's your price range, viv?

and yeah, I have to pick up an official priority mail box at the USPS office, but it should only cost $17 to ship! yay!

kQwcZLJ.png
    edited March 2012
    hooray! \o/

the prices with Tippy and with the Hippo are all great, maybe up to $50 each for a big bag?

can I say that shopping online with an Australian salary (even a social worker's salary!) is AWESOME

Vivixenne on
  • canuckwebgrrlcanuckwebgrrl Registered User regular
    cabsy wrote: »
    hey cabsy, you should check out the new gellac-type polish. lasts for weeks w/o chipping!

My sister actually took me to get a gel manicure - no fake tips, just the gel coat on my nails. I'm pretty hard on my nails so even that is showing a little bit of wear and it's not even been a week! Looking at how quickly my nails grow though actual gel polish instead of just the thick clearcoat would drive me insane because I have visible growth already and it's only been since Tuesday.

Yes, my sister introduced them to me too! I get just a french manicure w/ clear polish; the grow-out isn't noticeable & it looks so nice & clean :)

i want to go to there
    I think as soon as I have an official job lined up (since I'm looking for something after my graduation in May) I'm going to celebrate with buying several different bags.

They're handy for commuting. And pretty.

I never thought I would like purses/bags so much.

• Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    Hell yeah, my first makeupalley swap went great! I sent the girl perfume and some extras, and I got 4 nailpolishes and cuticle remover. I am really looking forward to future swaps :)

Yay Muse! I'd be interested in swaps if I actually had anything to swap ;)

And I do like TippyThai's designs better than BayanHippo's; I just know how superbly constructed and practical BayanHippo's are! But as WaM says, they both have excellent reviews.

• bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    I've been obsessing over tippythai bags for at least a year, I bet - I just haven't pulled the trigger because I hate spending money on bags and wallets for some reason (no compunctions on spending money on clothes and shoes, although I have no expendable income right now so nothing new there either!)

by the way, thank you to everyone who replied about matte finish polish, I am psyched to find some and try it out.

here's another shop like hippo/tippythai: sineminugur

a little more expensive/graphic: peskycatdesigns

kQwcZLJ.png
    gosh darn it now I will be paralyzed by options when I finally decide to get a bag!

Btw my bag:
    bag_01.jpg

It has been across the world with me, I've used it for school and for work, and I've had it a year and a half and still think it looks pretty good! No snapping/fraying like I've had with other bags.

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    a little more expensive/graphic: peskycatdesigns

Oh dear, I really really want one of those Harris Tweed bags!

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I kinda want a nice bag for work (I currently have a dinky backpack). Somewhere between an over the shoulder thing and a brief case. But I don't like the black ones I've seen. Which means I'd need to buy a brown one which means I'd need to buy new shoes (and belt) but because I wear out shoes so fast (I was going through old pairs once every four to five months) I don't really want to spend a ridiculous amount of money in a pair of shoes, just so I can have a bag I like.

FWP

Dude

I have never matched my bag to my shoes

or matched anything, really! Gosh that would be expensive.

I mean, it's one of those things I'd like to do, along with bringing back gloves and hats (actually I do have a lot of hats...), and I'd love more jewellery and I'd love to have better styled hair but in the end I have to face up to the fact that I lack the money and time necessary for such things.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    THESE ARE THINGS I THINK ABOUT.

edited March 2012
    okay you guys inspired me to finally pull the trigger on these tippythai bags I've wanted for so long!

http://www.etsy.com/transaction/75405205 (in charcoal/dark purple instead of black/green)

and

http://www.etsy.com/transaction/75405204 (with a maroon lining instead of yellow)

shipping is so expensive, I figured I should combine and get a tiny discount

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
    really cute! post pictures when you get them!

Yessss! And I love your colour choices!

I really like both of those. I'm pretty sure both are already favorited on my Etsy account.

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Ahhhh WaM that first bag is adorable! I want it!

This is the bag I currently covet as my spring purse:

from A*Land, my favourite shop in Korea

It is just

so

cute

I also like this one, though.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    also, because I hate money, I went to lush today to set myself up for a bath bomb + face mask + wine kind of night

the lady sold me on the cupcake mask for my blackhead issues - it is basically a tub of chocolate frosting, but it does make you look like you have just covered your face with your own poop

then I got home and the serum @Usagi mentioned had arrived

and now I am liquored up and my skin is so incredibly soft from head to toe mmmmmmmmmm

lush is becoming my go-to after a stressful day

kQwcZLJ.png
This discussion has been closed.