As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo eShop] THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    probably my best will be at the Zelda concert in a couple months...hopefully.

I did however get some random tag last week and he had a pink piece to a new puzzle. Woo! So now I have two pink pieces.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I get about 3-5 per day when I go to class. I'm so spoiled. And yes, the Zelda concert in Atlanta will be a glorious ground of Street Passes for everyone. Just make sure to check your gate and check-in the ten people. That way you can get more tags.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I get about 3-5 per day when I go to class. I'm so spoiled. And yes, the Zelda concert in Atlanta will be a glorious ground of Street Passes for everyone. Just make sure to check your gate and check-in the ten people. That way you can get more tags.

Atlanta is where I'll be too. I should send you a swapnote when I'm there!

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

Absolutely. I got front row seats too boot! :D

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • BoognishBoognish Registered User regular
    Boognish is the only person on my friend list that's ahead of me on every table, but I'm only in the 40 million range on each one.

Hello!

I'm excited for DLC, too, but seeing how much lower quality Excalibur and Earth Defense are from their 360 versions, I predict it will mostly be the earlier tables. I can't see most of the Marvel tables handling the downgrade very well. Hope I'm wrong, though!

3DS: 5026-4424-9805
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

Aw poop, my concert's in Austin. Was hoping to run into groovy people.

But yeah, some guy at the Dallas concert said he got 100 Streetpass hits.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Anyone know what the range for Streetpasses is?

Thanks Cloud, I am now imagining you to look like Austin Powers. :lol:

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Aw poop, my concert's in Austin. Was hoping to run into groovy people.

But yeah, some guy at the Dallas concert said he got 100 Streetpass hits.

My concert is Philly, and I'm hoping I can get a ton of hits. Figure I'll have to turn down the brightness and just keep checking it throughout the concert to clear the gate and accept puzzle pieces. :P

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Boognish wrote: »
    Boognish is the only person on my friend list that's ahead of me on every table, but I'm only in the 40 million range on each one.

Hello!

I'm excited for DLC, too, but seeing how much lower quality Excalibur and Earth Defense are from their 360 versions, I predict it will mostly be the earlier tables. I can't see most of the Marvel tables handling the downgrade very well. Hope I'm wrong, though!

YOU

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    Oh, and I heard the range is 30 meters, so ~90 feet?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    jothki wrote:
    Anyone know what the range for Streetpasses is?

About 10 feet maybe? I can certainly get hits from cars I pass.

Thanks Cloud, I am now imagining you to look like Austin Powers. :lol:

...better than you imagining me as Fat Bastard, I suppose. Yeah baby!

At any rate, some quick searching seems to indicate the range is about 30 feet. Which makes sense -- I brought my 3DS to a They Might Be Giants concert, and getting into a conga line that got me to the other end of the concert hall picked me up another couple of hits.

The most important thing is to be on top of checking the gate. Since for some silly reason you can only tag 10 people at a time, you gotta get your puzzle pieces and heroes taken care of quite often.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    The most important thing is to be on top of checking the gate. Since for some silly reason you can only tag 10 people at a time, you gotta get your puzzle pieces and heroes taken care of quite often.

I'm probably going to bypass Find Mii in the interest of time. That, and I'm at the final boss and a bunch of lvl 1's won't do much good.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    On a side note I hate all of you with your Zelda concerts.

(There was one date in the entirety of Europe. I was not able to get tickets.)

MhCw7nZ.gif
    ArcSyn wrote: »

I'm probably going to bypass Find Mii in the interest of time. That, and I'm at the final boss and a bunch of lvl 1's won't do much good.

Hmmmm....good point. It's all about those puzzle pieces. OH SNAP! Gotta bring Resident Evil too. So much free ammo and I'll get to hunt you all down in Raid Mode for loot! :D:D:D

Steam ID
    Twitch Page

Which final boss?

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, then you need all the heroes that you can get, you're really far behind.

• Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    Hey folks, I'm grabbing Zen Ball later tonight (and getting some raid mode done too) so I'd like to get a few of you guys as friends

FC: 4682-8487-0270

• G0DG0D Registered User regular
    Only mildly eShop related, but this is the best place to ask.

I've been ravenously devouring each new Pokemon on the 3D Pokedex every single day for the past several weeks. I'd not really been doing that since... well okay, I've never done the Pokedex every day. Well, I noticed that I would get somewhere between 2 and 4 new 'mon a day, until about four days ago. I've not seen a blue dot on the app since. I've opened it up a few times, yet still no new data. I have my 3DS in sleep mode all the time, and all my other apps seem to update, like Swapnote and Nintendo Video, but nothing doing for the 'dex. Do you simply stop receiving new Pokemon data once you have enough? Is Nintendo angry at me for taking all the Pokemon? What's going on here?!

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I haven't gotten a new Pokemon in a long long time. I think Zweilous was the last one I got, and it was months ago.

Cripes, months? I need my fix!

Perhaps people in this boat simply need to trade with others to complete the Pokedex? Inconvenient for someone like me, a nigh-hermit, and the only person I actually know to have a 3DS.

• plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    As I understand, you can only get a certain number from spotpass. After that, you have to trade, or something. You can get a few from QR code scans.

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
    Oddly, I got Pokemon everyday back at launch then nothing for six months. It wasn't until I had my friends 3DS over for a while that the app started working again. Puts some merit into what plufim is sayin'.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    plufim is right, there's a limit at some point for new Pokémon in the 'Dex from SpotPass.

There were a few QR codes given out through Nintendo Power last year.

Also, I guess I'm a bragging ass, but I managed to complete my 'Dex (including alt forms) at last year's PAX Prime.

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    You can get the two legendary dragon dudes from black and white using QR codes. You can find them online.

Apparently scanning too many QR codes can prevent you from receiving some pokemon, so probably just do those two.

Pokedex 3D makes no damned sense.

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
    plufim wrote: »
    Pokedex 3D makes no damned sense.

This. And it doesn't help the manual adds all but nil to the comprehension of the beast.

jothki wrote: »

Which final boss?

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, then you need all the heroes that you can get, you're really far behind.

I'm well aware of what you're talking about. And yes. That one.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    Finished Find Mii 2 for the second time yesterday. Got a gold key. More hats await!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Since launch, I have beat Find Mii 1 twice, Find Mii 2, Find Mii 2 Secret Quest or whatever it's called, and I am now on the last boss of vanilla Find Mii 2 again.

In my first time through the Find Mii 2's I took nothing but the top path, now I'm taking middle paths, etc.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    edited March 2012
    I'm on the final boss of the second run through of Find Mii 2, but I did the extended version. I'll probably go back to the original Find Mii 2 after this and do all the paths before I do the extended version again.

I am jealous of your key MNC Dover, I hope to get one myself so I can get to that locked area.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • pslong9pslong9 Registered User regular
    Since launch, I have beat Find Mii 1 twice, Find Mii 2, Find Mii 2 Secret Quest or whatever it's called, and I am now on the last boss of vanilla Find Mii 2 again.

In my first time through the Find Mii 2's I took nothing but the top path, now I'm taking middle paths, etc.

Me too! *highfive*

In actual eShop news - Mutant Mudds is getting a demo, if you're on the fence about it or waiting to clear out some backlog before you buy any more games.

steam_sig.png

3DS FC: 0817-3759-2788
    Oh bugger. I'm going to have to play Find Mii 2 endlessly to get all the hats, aren't I? I just unlocked the damn thing.

Mutant Mudds is short, but I enjoyed it so very much.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    Just started Find Mii II secret quest again with 7 street passes from earlier today. A bunch of Level 7 heroes got me halfway through the middle path. Gotta love going to a video game major having college. :D

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Just started Find Mii II secret quest again with 7 street passes from earlier today. A bunch of Level 7 heroes got me halfway through the middle path. Gotta love going to a video game major having college. :D

Jealous. I have a level 7 and a level 5 that I just keep using the hero potion to call back over and over again to defeat room after room. Cheaper to call them back than rehire them, but it is a pain and I use a TON of coins.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Oh bugger. I'm going to have to play Find Mii 2 endlessly to get all the hats, aren't I? I just unlocked the damn thing.

Just wait until you see the map for the secret quest.

• Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    I'm almost done with every route in secret quest. I've one done regular FM2 once though.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    Man, Find Mii Secret Quest can be cheap. I hate running into those Reapers, especially when they use Curse gas. That's the only one where I'm forced to spend Play Coins to order a Dispelling Draft.

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Video of 3DS Game Gear VC - coming soon to eShop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jej41RMXW_8

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
This discussion has been closed.