As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] SPOILER ALL ME3 DISCUSSION. EVERY SINGLE BIT. EVEN HINTS.

• Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Javik is awesome. He's opinionated, cynical, snide, and ruthless. He's an excellent addition to my I'm-Fucking-Tired-Of-All-This-Bullshit-Shepard.

Him and Garrus.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I am dreading finishing the game after hearing all the negative reactions to the ending, because I am loving the ME3 immensely. There have been some major and very impactful decisions being made during this game - Bioware have delievered their promise to me of consequences for actions in the first two games. It's interesting seeing how the default "Bioware" Shepard works out as well - but honestly this game wouldn't be having the sheer emotional effects on me if it wasn't for the investment in ME and ME2. I really have to go back through ME and ME2 again so that I can see how the character I actually had (pre save game loss) would turn out like in ME3. I get this huge feeling that I am missing out on a ton of content from not having an imported character.

My only real complaints about ME3 is that the side content - involving running around systems scanning - is just fairly insipid. It's busywork and it doesn't really feel like true content. Not to mention it's almost giving me the impression that Shepard is some kind of creepy eves dropper, peeking over everyones shoulders in the hope they say something interesting. It just doesn't feel coherent with the rest of the game.

Also while the combat is the best in the series and easily rivals any other third person shooter, it has an underlying element of pure clunkiness to it, which can be really frustrating. For example, the camera likes to wig out and ensure I can't shoot what I need to aim at. Secondly, there is enough clunkiness in movement and controls that it definitely reminds me it came from a game that wasn't a good shooter. Shepard will get "unstuck" from cover for no reason or will not quite do what I need urgently (on insanity, this is instant death BTW). A good example is that they've added a mechanic to just revive fallen teammates, but bound it to A - the same button for cover. Gears of war puts this on X (reload) for a really REALLY good reason. This is particularly infuriating in MP, where I got abused over mic for most of a match for failing to pick up a guy because the character was more obsessed with bouncing in/out of cover (especially with lag) than reviving my ally.

Overall I think this is one of the best RPGs I've played and one of the most satisfying shooters I've ever played. I am just really down on finishing the game now because of everyones reactions: I don't want this fantastic game soured ala Fallout 3. Incidentally on game length, I don't believe anyone getting 100% in 17-20 hours in this game. Unless you miss most of the side content - or just don't count it (which I guess is a reasonable opinion).

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    what the hell is james talking about?
    i invite him to the cabin and we get talking about his past mission involving the collectors, he mentions a couple of wtf bombs, firstly a cerberus spy working for the collectors? while i wouldnt put it pass TIM but.. what? doesnt make sense with what was going on in me2 and why TIM got you to help with that fight.. and the 2nd one is the biggest.. james said he and co took out a collector ship.

major problem i have with that is there was only one collector ship and joker blew the fuck out of that on the approach and the base explosion took take of the left over.

• Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I actually adored the side quest system in ME3. Instead of people begging you to find some random thing that they can't for some reason, Shepard just over hears random conversations people have and just happens to find what they need.

It's the difference between helping someone while saving the galaxy and bothering me when I'm busy saving the galaxy.

Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNV2EEz_DUA&feature=related

I remain a little disappointed that TIM couldn't pull this off.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I am dreading finishing the game after hearing all the negative reactions to the ending, because I am loving the ME3 immensely. There have been some major and very impactful decisions being made during this game - Bioware have delievered their promise to me of consequences for actions in the first two games. It's interesting seeing how the default "Bioware" Shepard works out as well - but honestly this game wouldn't be having the sheer emotional effects on me if it wasn't for the investment in ME and ME2. I really have to go back through ME and ME2 again so that I can see how the character I actually had (pre save game loss) would turn out like in ME3. I get this huge feeling that I am missing out on a ton of content from not having an imported character.

My only real complaints about ME3 is that the side content - involving running around systems scanning - is just fairly insipid. It's busywork and it doesn't really feel like true content. Not to mention it's almost giving me the impression that Shepard is some kind of creepy eves dropper, peeking over everyones shoulders in the hope they say something interesting. It just doesn't feel coherent with the rest of the game.

Also while the combat is the best in the series and easily rivals any other third person shooter, it has an underlying element of pure clunkiness to it, which can be really frustrating. For example, the camera likes to wig out and ensure I can't shoot what I need to aim at. Secondly, there is enough clunkiness in movement and controls that it definitely reminds me it came from a game that wasn't a good shooter. Shepard will get "unstuck" from cover for no reason or will not quite do what I need urgently (on insanity, this is instant death BTW). A good example is that they've added a mechanic to just revive fallen teammates, but bound it to A - the same button for cover. Gears of war puts this on X (reload) for a really REALLY good reason. This is particularly infuriating in MP, where I got abused over mic for most of a match for failing to pick up a guy because the character was more obsessed with bouncing in/out of cover (especially with lag) than reviving my ally.

Overall I think this is one of the best RPGs I've played and one of the most satisfying shooters I've ever played. I am just really down on finishing the game now because of everyones reactions: I don't want this fantastic game soured ala Fallout 3. Incidentally on game length, I don't believe anyone getting 100% in 17-20 hours in this game. Unless you miss most of the side content - or just don't count it (which I guess is a reasonable opinion).

Eh,
    just go in knowing that the ending is going to feel out of place and that it'll likely be not what you want. Just remember how amazingly good the rest of the game is and hold onto that because you shouldn't let 10 minutes ruin 40 hours of one of the best games around.

IMO people who let the ending ruin the game and the series for them are more obnoxious than the people who feel that they're somehow entitled to a "real" ending.

Luckily reality is there aren't that many of either. They are just the loudest; like with so many things.

Just do what I did and treat the game itself as the "ending" because virtually everything built up in the prior games gets resolved in the way that you lead it to based on your choices. The actual ending is largely inconseqential to what you do for countless races, planets, systems, and individuals.

That's the stuff that matters.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

what the hell is james talking about?
    i invite him to the cabin and we get talking about his past mission involving the collectors, he mentions a couple of wtf bombs, firstly a cerberus spy working for the collectors? while i wouldnt put it pass TIM but.. what? doesnt make sense with what was going on in me2 and why TIM got you to help with that fight.. and the 2nd one is the biggest.. james said he and co took out a collector ship.

major problem i have with that is there was only one collector ship and joker blew the fuck out of that on the approach and the base explosion took take of the left over.

Yeah that conversation totally confused the hell out of me as well.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    It's clearly not just a few loons.

The outrage just seems over the top to me. I've read countless people describing why they're outraged, but I still don't grok why they feel that way.

OK, so there's problems, but they're not that bad.

Except, apparently, it's enough to taint the entire series in the eyes of more than a few people.

sigh.

Oh well...

Orca, you tend to know the score, so this isn't a criticism.

Just... trying to convey why some people might feel that way, I suppose. I don't, exactly, but if this ending has any real impact, it could make me a little cross.

Also trying to figure out why you don't have issue. Always interesting to understand other opinions.
    It ignores the central themes of the game in favor of arbitrary new ones. And the ending is only about the arbitrary new themes. I mean, yeah. Synth/organic conflict is a thing in the series, but it's always felt in the same spot as, say, the genophage at most.

What will you do to survive? Major theme. The difference between what's right for the galaxy and what's right here and now? Major theme. Working together or watching out for #1? Major.

Organics and synths? Minor. What's more, one running option for Shep is "Eh. They're not that different. Less than the Krogans and the Salarians, say."

What's more, the themes have always felt less important than the characters. Scene with Anderson and Shep? It was character based. Not about the galaxy, as much as it was about two tired old soldiers finally resting.

The ending ending ignored your choices, and ignored all the characters. Compare it to Deus Ex (the original), where the world changing ending was based in themes central to the game, and the positions are advocated and argued about (in ways that fit) by characters you've come to have definite opinions on.

Here, a major part of the background is suddenly tied into a theme ripped out of Battlestar instead of something that came out of the rest of the game. I mean, Rannoch is a major contradiction to this whole idea no matter how it goes down. As is the basic nature of the Reapers.

You don't fight or argue with Harbinger. You don't see the crew one last time. You just talk with out-of-nowhere glowy kid who spouts random bullcrap.

Of course, a factor in this is I semi-accidentally picked synthesis, which is the most arbitrary bullshit of the endings.

Kill, with Shep's survival, is basically an acceptable ending with a lot of stupid stuff thrown in. Also, it kills off the Geth and EDI on the basis of "Synthetic!" (If the game had said it was because they were Reapertech, that'd be different. Rest of the ending of the ending would still be dumb, but that would make sense and fall under "people have to die for the good of the galaxy" that the game generally goes for.)

But again, it's magic glowy child's arbitrary bullshit that bugs. And why the indoctrination thing would make me happier.

All the ending but the last confusing cutscenes would happen. But it'd be about Shepard, Harbinger, and indoctrination (you know, stuff from the other games) instead of glowy kid and glowy magic that does science magic somehow and robots hate people because robots (as opposed to Mass Effect's standard "Why people hate each other" of "People can be assholes, no matter the species. And sometimes, it's necessary for survival."

Also, this is more personal, but spending most of the game saving civilization and getting refugees to the citadel, shoring up their defenses, and the like, it was just irritating to have everyone there killed offscreen to no real narrative purpose.
    Well, I'm not saying the ending is great. It's got some whopping big holes in it, particularly everything after the explosion takes out the relays, and the explanation for why synthetics must die, and for the synthesis option (I took that one first, but I have some transhumanist tendencies). They definitely take a turn to the left once you get on that elevator and rise into the white light. The alternatives given are straight out of Deus Ex, and unlike Deus Ex, they haven't been building up to them the entire game. Plus the mechanic is silly (though people probably would have screamed if there wasn't one last choice to end the game on--I would have liked to have just your war assets define a bunch of stuff but oh well)/

I'm ok with the tone of what the ship crashlanding imparts to me. That is, a galaxy in ruins, but that has broken the cycles that have held it captive for millions of years, with the hope for a new tomorrow. The actual providence of the thing (why's Joker in FTL? Where's he going? How the fuck did my squad end up on there?) I'm more or less completely ignoring, because it makes no sense. :)

I like that Shepard sacrifices herself--they'd been pointing the way towards that the entire game. Arguably, the entire series: there's enough messianic imagery and references in Shepard's history (and name!) that we don't derisively refer to her as Space Jesus for nothing.

As for the Citadel etc. exploding, Cambiata put it more eloquently then I can here, but it comes down to the Citadel and relay network are a trap, one that they've talked about since ME1.

They had to go. So I was happy to see that they finally did, and that it was Shepard that breaks the cycle of development and reaping.

The rest--the leadup, the entire damn game is so good I just can't let a nonsensical ending ruin that.

The one thing I don't get about the "Trap" thing is
    Now there's a bunch of reaper corpses floating around. And everyone's ships have the tech on them anyway. So uh, getting that tech back isn't going to be very difficult at all.

Hey has anyone downloaded the CE soundtrack?

Is it a full soundtrack or is it like the DX:HR one where it's like half the songs and they release a "real" soundtrack later?

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Now there's a bunch of reaper corpses floating around. And everyone's ships have the tech on them anyway. So uh, getting that tech back isn't going to be very difficult at all.
    It was a trap in that it was all sealed black boxes. Nobody opened up a relay to see how it worked, to improve upon it, to figure out the principles it used, hell, even to build a new one--aside from the Protheans eventually.

The Citadel is the same. Complete black box, maintained by Keepers. Nobody knows what goes on in the bowels of the thing.

With everything exploded, all of a sudden now you've got this scrap all over the place just ripe for messing with. And without the threat of invasion hanging over you any more (whether you're aware of it or not).

Aegeri wrote: »

Eh,
    just go in knowing that the ending is going to feel out of place and that it'll likely be not what you want. Just remember how amazingly good the rest of the game is and hold onto that because you shouldn't let 10 minutes ruin 40 hours of one of the best games around.

IMO people who let the ending ruin the game and the series for them are more obnoxious than the people who feel that they're somehow entitled to a "real" ending.

Luckily reality is there aren't that many of either. They are just the loudest; like with so many things.

Just do what I did and treat the game itself as the "ending" because virtually everything built up in the prior games gets resolved in the way that you lead it to based on your choices. The actual ending is largely inconseqential to what you do for countless races, planets, systems, and individuals.

That's the stuff that matters.

Yeah, I am in fact taking that approach and even a Fallout 3 level of dumb ending wouldn't ruin the whole game. I played Fallout 3 three times - only finishing it once (before Broken Steel anyway) and still really enjoyed it. So a bad ending doesn't retroactively ruiin an entire game for me unless it's spectacularly bad (and I can't even recall an example of that off the top of my head anyway).

But it does add an air of disappointment to all the awesome that they couldn't finish the game properly (or at least by most peoples opinion). I'll know for myself eventually anyway.

• mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular

This is an extraordinarily shitty thing to say. I don't think anyone for whom the ending harmed the series or the game are doing that on purpose.

Hell, I even tried to go back and play ME3 again and I couldn't enjoy it. I'm not fucking doing it willfully.

steam_sig.png
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I can't imagine how you could ever play Mass Effect on a console. having different keys in your hotkey bar for one thing is so convenient.

• AgusalimAgusalim Registered User regular
    um bioware i have been playing my garrus romance game

why did you put in all these irrelevant combat (?!!??!!?) sections

there's not even a unique space cutscene of space sex with my space boyfriend after each pointless shooty bit

12.6/10 PREORDER CANCELLED

Dhalphir wrote: »
    I can't imagine how you could ever play Mass Effect on a console. having different keys in your hotkey bar for one thing is so convenient.

It's pretty easy to be honest and I've been doing it since ME. ME3 just has the issue of putting revive on A, which it should be on X. Gears of War does this and it works perfectly, it's really just a very very minor oversight. Also with Kinect commands I don't even need buttons for anything I feel like. I actually really like the Kinect voice commands and now it (and I) have an accord on my accent it works beautifully. I have barely used the power wheel for the majority of time I've played the game.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    It's like...multiplayer knows what you want and refuses to give it to you. I want upgrades for my shotgun...so what do I get...Sniper Rifles.

The outrage just seems over the top to me. I've read countless people describing why they're outraged, but I still don't grok why they feel that way.

Except, apparently, it's enough to taint the entire series in the eyes of more than a few people.

sigh.

Oh well...

Just... trying to convey why some people might feel that way, I suppose. I don't, exactly, but if this ending has any real impact, it could make me a little cross.

Also trying to figure out why you don't have issue. Always interesting to understand other opinions.
    It ignores the central themes of the game in favor of arbitrary new ones. And the ending is only about the arbitrary new themes. I mean, yeah. Synth/organic conflict is a thing in the series, but it's always felt in the same spot as, say, the genophage at most.

What will you do to survive? Major theme. The difference between what's right for the galaxy and what's right here and now? Major theme. Working together or watching out for #1? Major.

Organics and synths? Minor. What's more, one running option for Shep is "Eh. They're not that different. Less than the Krogans and the Salarians, say."

What's more, the themes have always felt less important than the characters. Scene with Anderson and Shep? It was character based. Not about the galaxy, as much as it was about two tired old soldiers finally resting.

The ending ending ignored your choices, and ignored all the characters. Compare it to Deus Ex (the original), where the world changing ending was based in themes central to the game, and the positions are advocated and argued about (in ways that fit) by characters you've come to have definite opinions on.

Here, a major part of the background is suddenly tied into a theme ripped out of Battlestar instead of something that came out of the rest of the game. I mean, Rannoch is a major contradiction to this whole idea no matter how it goes down. As is the basic nature of the Reapers.

You don't fight or argue with Harbinger. You don't see the crew one last time. You just talk with out-of-nowhere glowy kid who spouts random bullcrap.

Of course, a factor in this is I semi-accidentally picked synthesis, which is the most arbitrary bullshit of the endings.

Kill, with Shep's survival, is basically an acceptable ending with a lot of stupid stuff thrown in. Also, it kills off the Geth and EDI on the basis of "Synthetic!" (If the game had said it was because they were Reapertech, that'd be different. Rest of the ending of the ending would still be dumb, but that would make sense and fall under "people have to die for the good of the galaxy" that the game generally goes for.)

But again, it's magic glowy child's arbitrary bullshit that bugs. And why the indoctrination thing would make me happier.

All the ending but the last confusing cutscenes would happen. But it'd be about Shepard, Harbinger, and indoctrination (you know, stuff from the other games) instead of glowy kid and glowy magic that does science magic somehow and robots hate people because robots (as opposed to Mass Effect's standard "Why people hate each other" of "People can be assholes, no matter the species. And sometimes, it's necessary for survival."

Also, this is more personal, but spending most of the game saving civilization and getting refugees to the citadel, shoring up their defenses, and the like, it was just irritating to have everyone there killed offscreen to no real narrative purpose.
    Well, I'm not saying the ending is great. It's got some whopping big holes in it, particularly everything after the explosion takes out the relays, and the explanation for why synthetics must die, and for the synthesis option (I took that one first, but I have some transhumanist tendencies). They definitely take a turn to the left once you get on that elevator and rise into the white light. The alternatives given are straight out of Deus Ex, and unlike Deus Ex, they haven't been building up to them the entire game. Plus the mechanic is silly (though people probably would have screamed if there wasn't one last choice to end the game on--I would have liked to have just your war assets define a bunch of stuff but oh well)/

I'm ok with the tone of what the ship crashlanding imparts to me. That is, a galaxy in ruins, but that has broken the cycles that have held it captive for millions of years, with the hope for a new tomorrow. The actual providence of the thing (why's Joker in FTL? Where's he going? How the fuck did my squad end up on there?) I'm more or less completely ignoring, because it makes no sense. :)

I like that Shepard sacrifices herself--they'd been pointing the way towards that the entire game. Arguably, the entire series: there's enough messianic imagery and references in Shepard's history (and name!) that we don't derisively refer to her as Space Jesus for nothing.

As for the Citadel etc. exploding, Cambiata put it more eloquently then I can here, but it comes down to the Citadel and relay network are a trap, one that they've talked about since ME1.

They had to go. So I was happy to see that they finally did, and that it was Shepard that breaks the cycle of development and reaping.

The rest--the leadup, the entire damn game is so good I just can't let a nonsensical ending ruin that.

True but
    previously they never had any clue how it all worked.

Being able to take it apart safely and learn from it will allow folks to develop their own technolgies. The stuff will have been based on basic laws of nature and science they would have found eventually anyway; it'll just be a head start. I mean, give Isaac Newton an Iphone and he won't be able to recreate it, or mass produce it. But it'll give him some basic facts and tools to develop new ideas and kickstart technology of his own.

Same deal here.

At least that's my perspective.

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Lemming wrote: »
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Fighting a Brute as a Vanguard is the new ballsiest thing ever. Every time you charge in to Nova is a diceroll over whether you'll get hit with the instant kill animation. Highlight of my experience of the Vanguard so far - Finishing off three Brutes simultaneously on Tuchanka with a single Nova.

The ballsiest, and simultaneously dumbest, thing ever is charging a Banshee.

Hey, it's worked out for ok before

once

the second time I become a hood ornament

Asari vanguard can get away with it maybe 90% of the time with her little roller skate dodge.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • htmhtm Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

sigh.

Oh well...

Well, at the meta level, the ending is the whole point of a plot-driven narrative.

Your defense of ME3 seems to rest on the idea of "hey, all that other stuff that happened before the ending was really cool, so I can live with the subpar ending." And that's a perfectly rational argument, but it isn't the way most people conceptualize stories. The ending is the reason for the story, and the better the story is, the more people expect out of the ending.

Plus, everyone on the internet wanted to see an epilogue cutscene in which Shepard marries (and/or has space sex with) his/her waifu.

Anyway, I will be unable to resist writing a wall of text about the ending at some point. I agree a lot with you: everything that happens before the ending is amazingly awesome, and makes the game more than worth the price. But at the same time, I rage at what could have been but wasn't, especially given the things we heard about the internal issues within BioWare that caused the ending to come out the way it did. That's just... /facepalm, and very disappointing.

I also predict that BioWare will fix the ending somehow. If the nerd rage were just confined to BSN, then... who would know the difference? But it's spread to Twitter, to the point where the producers feel the need to comment on it and the gamer press is starting to pick up on it as well. Such acknowledgements will only further stoke the rage. The next, inevitable, step is that BioWare will trot out the Two Doctors to make some statement about how delighted they are that ME fans are so passionately invested in the game and that they really love the feedback and really listen closely to their fans (listening to fan feedback is something the Two Doctors mention in nearly every interview). Then, they'll make some ambiguous but tantalizing mentions of future DLC and as soon as they're reasonably able, they'll DLC a new ending, Fallout-style.

htm on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    You shouldn't be awarded another starter pack ever as far as I know. Sounds like something bork'd with the EA servers.

This is an extraordinarily shitty thing to say. I don't think anyone for whom the ending harmed the series or the game are doing that on purpose.

Hell, I even tried to go back and play ME3 again and I couldn't enjoy it. I'm not fucking doing it willfully.

Yes you are. The game can't make you dislike it. You willfully chose to do so. Own your actions and feelings for fucks sake.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular

sigh.

Oh well...

True but
    previously they never had any clue how it all worked.

Being able to take it apart safely and learn from it will allow folks to develop their own technolgies. The stuff will have been based on basic laws of nature and science they would have found eventually anyway; it'll just be a head start. I mean, give Isaac Newton an Iphone and he won't be able to recreate it, or mass produce it. But it'll give him some basic facts and tools to develop new ideas and kickstart technology of his own.

Same deal here.

At least that's my perspective.

Yes, exactly this.
    It's not the technology existing to study that's bad. It's that there's this infrastructure that provides for all our needs, so we never need to learn how it works or make our own (Altheya got laughed at for even suggesting it to the Asari). Now that the infrastructure is gone, now we can study it and advance from it, and now EVERYONE has a compelling reason to do so, which they didn't before. This is very, very good.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

Yes you are. The game can't make you dislike it. You willfully chose to do so. Own your actions and feelings for fucks sake.

Let it be known that I am honking at you so hard. Like a goose with its head stuck inside a megaphone. Just, honk honk honk give me your bread puny hairless ape honk honk honk.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah...I mean I think the last 5 minutes of the game come out of nowhere and make no sense.

But damn it if everything before that wasn't some of the best storytelling I've ever seen in a video game.

Honestly...I will say ME3 has been one of the few games in a long time that I feel shows you the strengths of interactive story-telling.

Also...

ME3 Datapad seems to have just gone live on the iOS App Store. It's free, even.

...Nothing ever comes out on Android...I swear.

• cmerccmerc Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I think I messed up my romance possibilities by choosing renegade choices too often. I'm nearing late game I believe and nobody has given me any options to choose a romantic relationship and I heard they should start fairly early in the game. Will my ME3 Shep be forever alone?

cmerc on
  • AgusalimAgusalim Registered User regular
    serious comment tho, i've been loving soldier insanity so far - you can still romp it in a satisfying way as long as you keep your head, but if you slip up and leave yourself out of cover even the basic mooks can give you a proper doing

most of the time, anyway. there's a couple sections i found really tricky, like
    when you step out into the big atrium/amphitheatre bit in grissom academy, with the atlas in the distance and the biotic students helping you (lol) from the upper level. i spent about 45 minutes getting slaughtered there cause the atlas would put a shot right in my coupon as soon as i poked my head out of cover, til i figured i might as well run to the wee corner the atlas can't see and pretty much fight from there.

that could just be me being shite at mass effect tho :(

edi has the best dialogue
    "i called him on his bullshit."

Hey has anyone downloaded the CE soundtrack?

Is it a full soundtrack or is it like the DX:HR one where it's like half the songs and they release a "real" soundtrack later?

it doesnt have everything but theres still a lot.

• curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    sup guys

7WdqA.png

smugface.gif

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy

You know one thing that actually disappointed me.
    When EDI first gets her body she says she would like to talk to you about human behavior. She does and I like those scenes but I was also hoping for more kooky relationship shenanigans between her and Joker.

sup guys

7WdqA.png

smugface.gif

say whaaa.

• DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    Yo dawg, I heard you don't like the ending...
    15992406.jpg

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    ...Nothing ever comes on Android...I swear.
    Except for Joker. :winky:

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    To further expand on the art of the Krogan. It's worth noting that the Krogan Sentinel gets something the Krogan Soldier doesn't: An active bonus to melee. The Soldier has to purge his armor to get his bonus, thusly losing his Damage Resistance. The Sentinel gets a flat 30% bonus to melee with Tech Armor on, meaning they hit hard AND have DR. It's definitely the superior class for melee awesomeness. The Soldier should have more of a power spam lean towards it rather than trying to melee it up.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • fsmith1fsmith1 Registered User regular

You know one thing that actually disappointed me.
    When EDI first gets her body she says she would like to talk to you about human behavior. She does and I like those scenes but I was also hoping for more kooky relationship shenanigans between her and Joker.

Ahem...

Cambiata wrote: »

...haha

Good one.

Cambiata wrote: »
    Curse you. I had to wipe my yuppie tea concoction off the screen of my MBP.

God is never coming back to this thread. Never, ever.

• YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular

How does this make any sense? If I come up to and kick you in the nuts and you don't like it, can I say "you're willfully choosing to dislike this"?

Things that are poor quality can make you dislike them.

This discussion has been closed.