As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] SPOILER ALL ME3 DISCUSSION. EVERY SINGLE BIT. EVEN HINTS.

• Options
    Nutcase168Nutcase168 Registered User new member
    I just finished all the missions on Tuchanka and:
    I'm so fucking pissed they killed Mordin off. Sure it was noble and heroic and if he had to go out this is the way to go, but he was the best fucking character in the entire series for fucks sake. I'm kind of glad this is this is the end if they are going to keep pissing me off by killing off badass characters. So the game is great and the story is cool so far but still. stop pissing me off Bioware!

OK, I feel better now.

• Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    Zzulu wrote: »
    How are people failing to
    broker peace between the Quarians and Geth? I see an alarming amount of "Tali killed herself/killed legion" in this thread. Did people not have enough conversation points or something or what? The "best" dialogue path was pretty obvious to me

Quite easily.
    If you chose to rewrite the heretics and failed to make peace between Tali and Legion in ME2 then no choice in ME3 will allow you to make peace between the factions. You also do not get the option if you rewrote the heretics and choose to save the admirals people instead of him in the optional mission on Rannoch.

• Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    further rannoch stuff
    legion noooooo

although, how can a geth even commit suicide? isn't he just like, distributed through the network now or something rather than being in one platform?
    My take on Legion was that he had been improved via Reaper code, thus he was a true sentient being capable of intelligence and self awareness without having to build consensus among the 12,000 geth programs that comprised his consciousness. But those programs were still what comprised him.

He didn't have enough Reaper code to spread this improvement to all other Geth.... so he dissolved his own consciousness to spread his programming (the reaper improvements) to all other Geth, this divided all his programs up and distributed them to all Geth, but destroying his own consciousness in the process.

I guess an analogy would be like, one rich guy who wants to make the entire world richer, so he gives everyone in the world money, which destroys his fortune in the process.

I think they just had to decompile him to get his gift

ahh yeah, that makes more sense but....
    I can't help but apply realistic computing methods to it. Why didn't they just make a copy of his program or something? I mean, the plotpoint was great, it was an awesome scene.... but thinking about Legion having to die doesn't really make sense.
    A lot of things don't make sense. For example,

(Tuchanka)
    Why does a Godzilla fight between a thresher maw and a reaper that bumps into the Shroud make it spend about 10 minutes continuously exploding instead of just, like, falling over? If the Shroud explodes, then how the balls does it spread the Genophage cure? For that matter, how does Tuchanka continue to support oxygen-breathing life, since it doesn't have plants? Did it explode just enough to kill Mordin, but not quite enough to disrupt its delicate ecosystem stabilization and reverse death virus distribution functionalities? How does that thresher maw pull that reaper (or itself) underground without displacing an equivalent amount of earth all around it? That's a whole lot of earth, right?

Best not to ask, really.

• Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    I had no idea there were such narrow requirements to broker peace but I pulled it off, felt pretty natural too.

If only the ending didn't suck ass, then it would be a perfect trilogy of excellent decisions on my part.

• Options
    Black_HeartBlack_Heart Registered User regular
    Does anyone know what War Assets/Galactic Readiness actually DOES? I mean, if you only get the bare minimum of war assets to fight the Reapers.... what happens?

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    My first playthrough was with a ME1&2 import but DLC's like Overlord and LotSB were not done.

My current playthrough is a ME1&2 import and all DLC done. The little changes are awesome

Sur'kesh:
    I had Liara and Garrus with me, and when that Yog busts out and kills some Cerberus guys Shep says "There goes the next Shadow Broker" and Garrus pipes in "I heard him whispering '...T'Soni...' " Liara: "...Not funny!"

Grissom Academy:
    I met David from Overlord. Even though she's a hardcore renegade FemShep, I just couldn't leave him like that in Overlord... He even unlocked the armory on the academy for me and I got a free level 2 upgrade for my Mattock :^:

I can't wait to see what else is different, love this game so much!

Also, who wants to accompany me to see "The Man Who Hung Himself"? It appears to be about an amorous plastic surgeon.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote: »
    THIS ENTIRE THREAD HURTS YOU

QFMFT

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Nutcase168 wrote: »
    I just finished all the missions on Tuchanka....
    You want them to only kill off the unpopular characters? This is the climax to the story. What sense would it make if the emotional high points were about characters no one cared about?

• Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I'm so fucking pissed they killed Mordin off. Sure it was noble and heroic and if he had to go out this is the way to go, but he was the best fucking character in the entire series for fucks sake. I'm kind of glad this is this is the end if they are going to keep pissing me off by killing off badass characters. So the game is great and the story is cool so far but still. stop pissing me off Bioware!

OK, I feel better now.

:(
    it doesn't stop there
    rip thane T___________T

thane was my favorite character. mordin was number two.

it's been a rough week

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular

OK, I feel better now.

it doesn't stop there
    rip thane T___________T

Uh, don't read this until you finish the game.
    I honestly found mordins death to be the best part of the game for me. You have an utterly badass scene of dodging a reaper trying to stomp you while being swarmed by brutes, and then the first reaper casualty of the war. Being a paragon, I told mordin what was happening, and he of course had to fix it. He went in there happily, knowing he would finally redeem himself of his own guilt over the genophage. It was literally the perfect conclusion to mordins story arc, leaving a legacy of turian and krogan cooperation. Thanes death was a bit worse since Kai Leng is the worst character, but when it turned out he was praying for Shepard it was... great. Saving both the quarians and the geth, right as the geth became truly sentient also made me feel so incredibly happy, seeing what other ways that can play out I would have been incredibly bummed out with any of them.

I have no idea if I will be able to do a proper renegade playtrough where I have to get the worse outcomes on these events.

• Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    I can't wait to start my disaster playthrough. I want to see what happens in the story with all those people dead.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular

OK, I feel better now.

Well,
    Mordin was nearing the end of his life as he says anyways. He was very old for a Salarian and I'd say the way he went out was a perfect way for him to go as a character

t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    Argh. 36 pages since the last time I looked? I really wish there was a goddamn multiplayer thread. 30 pages ago someone mentioned scoring 100k+ on a drell adept and I have no idea how they did it. I'd like to know.

But for all I know, they're dead by now, since it's been 30 fucking pages.

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Holy shit guys, I have like 10000 unread messages on the Datapad.
    Traynor asked me if an asari toothbrush would work

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Does anyone know what War Assets/Galactic Readiness actually DOES? I mean, if you only get the bare minimum of war assets to fight the Reapers.... what happens?
    If it's too low,
    Earth is destroyed. You also won't get a choice in which ending to take and the synthesis ending doesn't become available after a specific treshhold of points. Shepard also always dies with low points but with high enough points (5k I think?) Shepard will live in the Destroy ending

t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    If it's too low,
    Earth is destroyed. You also won't get a choice in which ending to take and the synthesis ending doesn't become available after a specific treshhold of points. Shepard also always dies with low points but with high enough points (5k I think?) Shepard will live in the Destroy ending
    Shep lived in my destroy ending at about mid to upper 4K

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Kainy wrote: »
    Argh. 36 pages since the last time I looked? I really wish there was a goddamn multiplayer thread. 30 pages ago someone mentioned scoring 100k+ on a drell adept and I have no idea how they did it. I'd like to know.

But for all I know, they're dead by now, since it's been 30 fucking pages.

Probably the same way I got 100k on my human sentinel. Get all the biotic explosion upgrades, spam pull and shoot anything without defences, biotic explosion (reave and then pull) anything with defences. What is wonderful about that is that any really powerful enemies (the atlas and geth prime in particular) become pulsing death bombs since you can use them to set off a biotic explosion every 4 seconds, killing anything nearby.

No one should be playing the drell though, because of the super annoying noise reave makes.

Vic on
  • Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    I beat the game yesterday with my Soldier save form ME2. A few things:

1. Soldiers are much weaker in ME3 than in ME2
    2. I think its because the weapon weight screws soldiers a lot. I carried 1 sniper rifle and 1 assault rifle and still had craptacular power recharge. The last choice in Combat Mastery is no choice at all as there is no way you can take 50 Capacity over what is essentially a 25% damage bonus.
    3. Guns kinda suck this game. My Shepard had 50% weapon bonus from armor, 10% from bonuses, 45% from armor piercing ammo, 25% from combat mastery, 25% from running with Garrus, and 75% from Adrenaline Rush when active. It still took 3-4 shots to kill a red mob with a Saber on Hardcore mode. Against a Banshee a shot from the Saber did 1/2 notch of armor.

I started a game with a Vanguard from ME2 and its night and day. I feel like an engine of destruction with a recharge in just 1-3 seconds. Hardly need to fire my gun at anything.

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular

OK, I feel better now.

You are in for a treat my friend.

Your delicious tears of outrage will fuel my engine of destruction across the stars for days.

• Options
    Jedi_BoiJedi_Boi Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    MY ENDING:
    My Shepard destroyed the reapers. That was cool, sad but cool. In fact, after sleeping on it I'm starting to come to terms with the three choices. What I still don't understand is, where the hell was the Normandy going, and why were all my squadmates on it? It's a really confusing scene and I can't make sense of it. After it shows my crew stranded, it shows Shepard's chest piece and N7 dog tag. He takes a breath, and the credits roll. At the end of the credits a stargazer is telling his grandson about the legend of The shepard. Sooo... did I get the "good" ending?

Jedi_Boi on
    i.imgur.com/DG7Jj7H.jpg
    Godspeed, Ironsides.
  • Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    If it's too low,
    Shep lived in my destroy ending at about mid to upper 4K

Yeah I didn't remember stuff exactly but here's a guide showing exactly what the various Galactic Points threshholds do;

http://www.ign.com/wikis/mass-effect-3/Endings

t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Jedi_Boi wrote: »
    MY ENDING:
    Sooo... did I get the "good" ending?
    You just killed all the synthetics in the galaxy, effectively committing a horrific genocide of the Geth (who, if you played your cards right, are currently helping everyone and just achieved true sentience) and murdering EDI :P

You also destroyed most of the technology in the galaxy, so untold colonies and lives will be lost because of that too[ /spoiler]

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Here's some Mass Effect Datapad screens. Contains spoilers from ME3. And yes, the Codex speaks to you like it does in the game.
    scaled.php?server=812&filename=img0222.png&res=mediumscaled.php?server=213&filename=img0223.png&res=mediumscaled.php?server=580&filename=img0224w.png&res=medium

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Jedi_Boi wrote: »
    MY ENDING:
    My Shepard destroyed the reapers. That was cool, sad but cool. In fact, after sleeping on it I'm starting to come to terms with the three choices. What I still don't understand is, where the hell was the Normandy going, and why were all my squadmates on it? It's a really confusing scene and I can't make sense of it. After it shows my crew stranded, it shows Shepard's chest piece and N7 dog tag. He takes a breath, and the credits roll. At the end of the credits a stargazer is telling his grandson about the legend of The shepard. Sooo... did I get the "good" ending?
    I believe the "good" ending means:

Your Galactic Fleet doesn't get shredded by The Reapers

And

The Citadel doesn't deep fry Earth. Shep not dying might be a part of that too. But yes, I believe you got the good ending.

• Options
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Here's some Mass Effect Datapad screens. Contains spoilers from ME3. And yes, the Codex speaks to you like it does in the game.
    scaled.php?server=812&filename=img0222.png&res=mediumscaled.php?server=213&filename=img0223.png&res=mediumscaled.php?server=580&filename=img0224w.png&res=medium

I MUST HAVE THIS FOR MY ANDROID PHONE

• Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Just started this weekend and about 12 hours in. Can any of you folks guesstimate average length of proper game (assuming you're not stopping for every little thing)? It's hard for me to get a feel where I am right now, and I'm not sure if I should be 100% exploring/pinging every sector I can and doing every sidequest I can before progressing, because I'm afraid of missables and whatnot. I think I may to just stop worrying and love the bomb.

I just got to the point where
    Udina is revealed
    , and it feels like a bit of a break point/reset point for accumulating a new batch of sidequests and new exploration points.

I can't tell if MP is really fun or kind of tedious. It seems like it'd be amazing at higher difficulties with custom loadouts and crazy stacked odds but right now all I see is a lobby of people who won't hit ready with huge level and skill disparities dying to bronze missions.

• Options
    AuberonAuberon Registered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »

OK, I feel better now.

it doesn't stop there
    rip thane T___________T

I honestly found mordins death to be the best part of the game for me. You have an utterly badass scene of dodging a reaper trying to stomp you while being swarmed by brutes, and then the first reaper casualty of the war. Being a paragon, I told mordin what was happening, and he of course had to fix it. He went in there happily, knowing he would finally redeem himself of his own guilt over the genophage. It was literally the perfect conclusion to mordins story arc, leaving a legacy of turian and krogan cooperation. Thanes death was a bit worse since Kai Leng is the worst character, but when it turned out he was praying for Shepard it was... great. Saving both the quarians and the geth, right as the geth became truly sentient also made me feel so incredibly happy, seeing what other ways that can play out I would have been incredibly bummed out with any of them.

I have no idea if I will be able to do a proper renegade playtrough where I have to get the worse outcomes on these events.
    Definitely the most memorable part of the game for me. I've had to take several minutes to think about decisions in the earlier games (destroy/rewrite heretics for example), and I thought I could convince Mordin of the necessity of the deception. But this time, it was a renegade interrupt with no time to think, and I immediately felt faintly sick to my stomach afterwards. Even now, I can't decide if maintaining the genophage, deceiving the krogans and murdering Mordin to achieve that deception is not just ruthless but evil.

• Options
    Auberon wrote: »
    Frozenzen wrote: »

OK, I feel better now.

it doesn't stop there
    rip thane T___________T

Definitely the most memorable part of the game for me. I've had to take several minutes to think about decisions in the earlier games (destroy/rewrite heretics for example), and I thought I could convince Mordin of the necessity of the deception. But this time, it was a renegade interrupt with no time to think, and I immediately felt faintly sick to my stomach afterwards. Even now, I can't decide if maintaining the genophage, deceiving the krogans and murdering Mordin to achieve that deception is not just ruthless but evil.
    You did what you had to do. It was for the greater good.

Just keep telling yourself that...

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I assume that y'all caught the near-end game dialogue with EDI ?
    Shepard: So, EDI, do you have any big problems ?

EDI: No.

Shepard: Any small problems ?

Shepard: Any issues with a somewhat sinister creator who could be viewed as a damaged father figure ?

EDI: No. Shepard, is there a reason for these inquiries ?

Shepard: I've learned that we need to find out these things out before going into battle, that's all.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    Just started this weekend and about 12 hours in. Can any of you folks guesstimate average length of proper game (assuming you're not stopping for every little thing)? It's hard for me to get a feel where I am right now, and I'm not sure if I should be 100% exploring/pinging every sector I can and doing every sidequest I can before progressing, because I'm afraid of missables and whatnot. I think I may to just stop worrying and love the bomb.

I just got to the point where
    Udina is revealed
    , and it feels like a bit of a break point/reset point for accumulating a new batch of sidequests and new exploration points.

I can't tell if MP is really fun or kind of tedious. It seems like it'd be amazing at higher difficulties with custom loadouts and crazy stacked odds but right now all I see is a lobby of people who won't hit ready with huge level and skill disparities dying to bronze missions.
    All the "priority" missions (titled Priority: in the codex) are essentially chapters of the story. They advance the main plotline significantly. All other missions won't really affect stuff a lot but I recommend doing as many sidequests as you can because in ME3 they're basically all related to the war anyway

I did pretty much every quest I could find and had a war asset score of over 6000 and I clocked in at around 32 hours at the very end of the game.

t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    Fairchild wrote: »

Shepard: Any issues with a somewhat sinister creator who could be viewed as a damaged father figure ?

Shepard: I've learned that we need to find these things out before going into battle, that's all.

haha, how did I miss that?!

• Options
    the_Frollothe_Frollo Riiiiiight.... THERE.Registered User regular
    IT CAME

and soon, I will, too.

• Options
    ZeonZeon Registered User regular

OK, I feel better now.

Yeah I just did that last night too:
    I feel the same way. I almost re-loaded my save, im glad I didnt because theres apparently no way to stop this. I didnt even really want to save the krogans, but then after being on their planet I was like "Ok, fuck, I cant condemn them to die", but then my favorite character dies. I wanted to shoot some krogans in the face for revenge :P

That said, I dont think he could have gone out in a better way. Im sad he had to die, but overall it was written in a way that didnt feel shitty. I actually felt like what happened is a giant culmination of all the choices I had made previously, which is cool. I wish they had of done it the same way they did with Grunt though, where he crawls out of the rubble and we can still be bros, even after sending him to die :(

BTW can someone accept my invite to the 360 meta tag? Or just add me as a friend if you want to play, Capn JL Picard on 360. So tired of doing MP with pubbers, getting a game going is incredibly frustrating. Usually takes 20 minutes to find a game that actually starts, and then we lose by wave 5.

btworbanner.jpg
    Check out my band, click the banner.
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    So I just had a weird experience playing this game...it hard crashed. Reset my console (xbox) and upon restart it says it has been a while since I have logged on to this console, I'm thinking that's a little weird.

Start up a multi game and I get 3 achievements, I check the see what I unlocked and its recruit, soldier and something else which are overall kill count. Look at my total GS and it is reset to zero.

I'm curious if MS if having problems though I can't get on there website

• Options
    Also, Galaxy at War is like a facebook style game sort of. The credits you earn (which isn't a lot) go towards upgrading within the mini game only. The only thing effected in ME3 is the readiness score (Which you can keep capped by continuously having your fleets do missions). Not sure if you can find items like you can in Infiltrator.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    wow I just got the datapad iphone app, had no idea it even existed till someone here mentioned it. awesome.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Orca wrote: »
    Fairchild wrote: »

Shepard: I've learned that we need to find these things out before going into battle, that's all.

haha, how did I miss that?!

The first thing I did after every mission was talk to Joker. If he said something other than "Commander.", I spoke to every goddamn person on the ship.

I highly recommend it.

Yeah this is pretty much necessary. Most of the dialogue in the game comes from visiting your crew after every mission. This is how I discovered that
    Tali and Garrus had hooked up, for example

<3<3<3<3<3

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Out of curiosity, what happens if (mid-game big plot Citadel spoilers)
    You don't renegade interrupt shoot Udina? Does he get arrested? Bailey, after I did that, mentioned something like how he wished Udina was still alive so he could interrogate him.

I was actually starting to like Udina. He seemed to be a desperate politician in 3, out of hope watching his people die. I thought they painted him in a very sympathetic light, and then all of a sudden he's trying to overthrow the Council. I mean, I can see his motivations, to save humanity, but it definitely felt good to shoot him myself.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Deadfall wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, what happens if (mid-game big plot Citadel spoilers)
    You don't renegade interrupt shoot Udina? Does he get arrested? Bailey, after I did that, mentioned something like how he wished Udina was still alive so he could interrogate him.

I was actually starting to like Udina. He seemed to be a desperate politician in 3, out of hope watching his people die. I thought they painted him in a very sympathetic light, and then all of a sudden he's trying to overthrow the Council. I mean, I can see his motivations, to save humanity, but it definitely felt good to shoot him myself.
    I don't know all the permutations but I know your teammate (Ashley/Kaidan) can kill him as well

t5qfc9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.