As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel Vs Capcom Thread Of Believing in Mike Ross

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Yeah, but he's annoying. Sometime you just want to hurt annoying things, especially if it means moving the fight past the part where Spider-Man just jumps around everywhere.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Wait wait wait.

People actually use Spiderman?

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    there was a call for spiderMEN

a spiderMAN has appeared

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
    there was a call for spiderMEN

a spiderMAN has appeared
    1307580012001.jpg
    I'm sorry.
    No I'm not.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    anyone want to play on 360

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Wait wait wait.

I need to introduce you to my ultimate web throw reset.

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    oh god i tried playing online again... that first match the other day must have been a fluke. I tried twice, both times matched with people who made me look like I wasn't playing.

both of them had a morrigan. the first led with her and never switched, doom laser assisted me on cooldown and especially as soon as a new character switched in, instantly knocking me into their ridiculously long combo. I got 1 hit on her, with my last character.

The second round was similarly bad. different team but that morrigan still messed things up. I made a little bit of progress though. when it came down to nova as my last guy, I downed morrigan with some hyper aggressive chaining of specials and hypers and air combos and then their second murdered me as soon as they switched in.

same rank huh?

• WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    well if you are bottom rank you are pretty susceptible to smurfing

haha true i never thought about that. I just figured matchmaking was having trouble finding someone with both "same rank: AND "same region" at the same time so it found me the closest person.

• WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    haha true i never thought about that. I just figured matchmaking was having trouble finding someone with both "same rank: AND "same region" at the same time so it found me the closest person.

214627839_MDbKT-XL-2.jpg

• House of PaincakesHouse of Paincakes Spokane, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    From what I've heard, the "upper levels" of ranked players is pretty barren so a lot of those players will reset their stats once they get there. That's not a good thing for new players.

House of Paincakes on

That happens too, but I'm not sure if that's better or worse than finding no players at all.

Played several player matches last night and it seemed like everyone was teabagging me when they won. Never really noticed people doing that before...

Is anyone up for some matches tonight? I'm going to be on after dinner.

• Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Walt wrote: »
    burlyassfucking.jpg

Still one of my favorite PA comics. I never did win a single game of WC3.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
    templewulf wrote: »

Possibly, but I can't promise anything. Sometimes my wife has things planned that I forget about, heh.

I'll look for you if I'm on though, which would be sometime between 7:00-9:00 PST (which I think you're +2 hours from me?). Yeah, I'm being real specific here :P

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Wait wait wait.

I need to introduce you to my ultimate web throw reset.

This was pretty much the only reason I used Spider-Man as much as I did.

What's that? You let poor widdle Spidey start a combo on that broken-ass Wesker? Good thing he can't do much damag-whoops. Wesker's dead.

You can also have a little fun if you use Spidey and Dormammu on the same team. Combo into Maximum Spider, DHC to Dormammu's fireball, tag in Spidey, do another Maximum Spider before the fireball runs out, DHC to Dormammu, etc etc until all meter is gone. Not entirely practical, but entirely hilarious.

sure

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    Well I'm on ps3... Also I've owned the game for like 3 days but I'd be willing

• RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    You can add me if you'd like (GreatSlinky on PSN). Haven't played often or much lately (been playing SC5 and now SFxT), but I'd be willing to go rounds if you want someone to play. I don't have a mic, though, or I'd simply walk you through some of the game mechanics in real time.

You chumps didn't do any marveling at all! At this rate, I might even be able to figure out a decent team before you tear into me.

Yeah, well...I said no promises! I was on for about 20 minutes (all the time I had). My mic battery was dead, you were playing SCV, and I knew I couldn't play long so I wasn't going to pry you away from SCV for just a few games.

• KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    540041622.jpg?key=24483264&Expires=1332058087&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=euJT415p3yg-ig7vy76SgL9Pzk5LzHRKfMSyAqdpr5v2nQScNNxoe9uJuc6PudfcU~QyUjTU2QvOTdp17sd54mjPomi1~ZIdaR8MeFwqYoaqfICOqYyRxrrUoQrVb8rcK~soJpmO7xij6gE33Xez7S7HIG8vdORLCmlqQmh-3JQ_

KING LITERATE on
    Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS
    edited March 2012
    templewulf on
  • KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    Hmm... It worked before..

Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS
    edited March 2012
    ggs templewulf

i'm so rusty from playing too much sfxt, can't use my joe/raccoon team until i get back into it

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Fighting games I own on 360:
    MvC2 and (U)MvC3
    SF4
    Friends that play fighting games:
    Me :(

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
    Just sent you a friend request spider.

I realize this board is kind of dead, but I'm on now and looking for challengers!

• spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    sPider817 wrote: »
    MvC2 and (U)MvC3
    SF4

Same for me, but add SCV, SFxT, and pretty much anything released on XBLA.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I added the Metatag, I'll probably be on for a bit later this morning. Gotta watch the season finale of Too Much Talking Dead.

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
    ggs templewulf

i'm so rusty from playing too much sfxt, can't use my joe/raccoon team until i get back into it

Yeah, that was a lot of fun. I would say that your Nova is a goddamn asshole, but I think it's more that Spider-Man's hitboxes really can't compete. Not even Spider Sting was doing it for me.

Your raccoon team did fine except when RR was on point, but that's okay because log trap is bananas.

edited March 2012
    Had something pretty weird happen tonight. Running Dormammu vs. Dr. Strange, so naturally there's a lot of stuff getting thrown around combined with a lot of teleporting. I figure the guy is going to go for his death column, so I try to teleport behind him.

He starts up the column attack, I teleport... and nothing comes out. He just burns a super bar with some sparkly stuff in front of him, I appear behind him, and the column never appears. Guess I must have been in transit at just the right moment so there was no available target and the game just did nothing. Never had that happen before.

Also seen some Joe plus RR here and there, but none of them have given me much trouble yet. As soon as Haggar lands that pipe, it's pretty much dead Joe time and then the whole team start to fall apart. I figure RR would be a problem if he ever got the chance, but I haven't ended one of those matches yet where I didn't have all three characters so RR ends up at a big disadvantage.

And what is the deal with blocking Vergil's move where he does a hybrid teleport/sword attack across the entire ground? I've yet to block that despite always having the joystick pushing away from him. Is it just some bullshit thing that gets screwed up online because it acts like its own beam spam + teleport crossup put together in a single move?

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    Had something pretty weird happen tonight. Running Dormammu vs. Dr. Strange, so naturally there's a lot of stuff getting thrown around combined with a lot of teleporting. I figure the guy is going to go for his death column, so I try to teleport behind him.

He starts up the column attack, I teleport... and nothing comes out. He just burns a super bar with some sparkly stuff in front of him, I appear behind him, and the column never appears. Guess I must have been in transit at just the right moment so there was no available target and the game just did nothing. Never had that happen before.

Maybe if you teleport at the right time it turns his inputs around. When dr. stange does the opposite motion his counter hyper comes out.

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.

Also seen some Joe plus RR here and there, but none of them have given me much trouble yet. As soon as Haggar lands that pipe, it's pretty much dead Joe time and then the whole team start to fall apart. I figure RR would be a problem if he ever got the chance, but I haven't ended one of those matches yet where I didn't have all three characters so RR ends up at a big disadvantage.

And what is the deal with blocking Vergil's move where he does a hybrid teleport/sword attack across the entire ground? I've yet to block that despite always having the joystick pushing away from him. Is it just some bullshit thing that gets screwed up online because it acts like its own beam spam + teleport crossup put together in a single move?

Vergil passes you before the sword slashes come out, so you have to block the other way. You really have to be on the ball, because the time between his dash and the slash is pretty slim. As someone trying to play Vergil, I've found that the best way to stop that nonsense is to stay above his height. He can't hit you with his obnoxious H or Rapid Slash, and his anti-air options are not great.

Speaking of which, are there any anti-air assists that are good for him? I don't especially want to use Jam Session, because I don't want to run Team Trenchcoat.

• MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    sPider817 wrote: »
    MvC2 and (U)MvC3
    SF4

Uh. Hay. You.

I still have UMvC3.

We should fight or something, someday. Maybe.

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I need to break out the old Jill-Deadpool team again. SFxT isn't my thing.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
    edited March 2012
    Speaking of which, are there any anti-air assists that are good for him? I don't especially want to use Jam Session, because I don't want to run Team Trenchcoat.

Eh, I don't think Vergil really needs an AA assist. An OTG and a pressure assist for crossups are about all he needs if you're running him on point.
    Arikado wrote: »

Yeah, it's really not anything special. I'm glad the pro community is eating it up, but from a casual standpoint it's pretty bland.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    ggs templewulf

Yeah, that was a lot of fun. I would say that your Nova is a goddamn asshole, but I think it's more that Spider-Man's hitboxes really can't compete. Not even Spider Sting was doing it for me.

Your raccoon team did fine except when RR was on point, but that's okay because log trap is bananas.

yeah I really got back into the nova groove after a few games
    glad I'm hitting the legit level 2 reset

when I had raccoon in I completely forgot how to play him. joe and spencer were okay, not enough random supers on my side because I kept forgetting to use right trigger as my everything button instead of for roundhouse

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Arikado wrote: »

I think I'm in the same boat. I just can't get SFxT to work for me. It feels slow and entirely too technical for me. I can't even watch it like I can UMvC3.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    @sPider817: Thanks for the games, those were some pretty amusing fights.

I need to remember not to leave an accidentally restarted match via dashboard when done though, since their system logs it as a ragequit, I think.
    wtf man u r h4x. I blame the catgirl.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png