As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MechWarrior Online - Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. Open Beta Online.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    And then challenge Clansmen to honour duels over "who can hit this wicked beer bong the hardest" as a means of distracting them and buying time.

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    so where do i get a Valkyrie so i can missile spam everyone?

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    I want to be the phone company and save the galaxy from space nazis with animal themes, but what can you do

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    no Mad Cat? :v:

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    Rolo wrote: »
    And then challenge Clansmen to honour duels over "who can hit this wicked beer bong the hardest" as a means of distracting them and buying time.

After the Clan Invasion, when Clan Nova Cat decides to walk away and join the Inner Sphere's reborn Star League, they ''surrender'' by fighting exactly that sort of trails against the Draconis Combine. One of the favourite stories is the trail being a coinflip, with the Nova Cat calling edge, citing all the glory he could've had if he were right.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Wiet wrote: »

After the Clan Invasion, when Clan Nova Cat decides to walk away and join the Inner Sphere's reborn Star League, they ''surrender'' by fighting exactly that sort of trails against the Draconis Combine. One of the favourite stories is the trail being a coinflip, with the Nova Cat calling edge, citing all the glory he could've had if he were right.

Things like this are why the clans are the best part of Mechwarrior.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular

No elementals, Steiner rules, Final Destination.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    Tossrock wrote: »

wait, for real?

That thing has always been the Mechwarrior mascot for me! I was dying to have one in MWO

tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    You mean a Timberwolf.

• Options
    Staleghoti wrote: »

wait, for real?

That thing has always been the Mechwarrior mascot for me! I was dying to have one in MWO

I can't imagine a Clan expansion arriving without the Mad Cat, and they can kind of add a Clan expansion whenever they please, given that the invasion starts in 3049, ie the current year. They arrive in the Inner Sphere proper in 3050 though, so depending on how strict they want to be with their timetable, it might take a while.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    As long as they never do that dark age bullshit.

• Options
    Oh I got to try one of those mechwarrior sim pods at a con recently.

It was a fucking blast and I did great.

I'm a natural mechwarrior.

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I managed to use a pod that was ruining Mechwarrior 2 or something forever ago. It was pretty busted but still fun.

I want one

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Staleghoti wrote: »

wait, for real?

I can't imagine a Clan expansion arriving without the Mad Cat, and they can kind of add a Clan expansion whenever they please, given that the invasion starts in 3049, ie the current year. They arrive in the Inner Sphere proper in 3050 though, so depending on how strict they want to be with their timetable, it might take a while.

Yeah, I imagine as soon as the Clans hit, we'll be seeing plenty of Mad Cats.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    I just want a Mauler, with 2 gauss rifles

I wonder if this will even support hotas. These days it seems more likely that it'd built around the 360 controller.

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I want a Fire Moth. Those things are fun in all of the best ways.

• Options
    ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    I remember playing in the Kali leagues, everyone just used Warhammer IICs

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    As long I have access to jump-jets and dual PPC I am a happy camper.

• Options
    Well, apparently they're bringing the hardpoint system back, so your wish might be granted depending on how it works.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    The original mech games were before my PC days, but this looks pretty badass.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    My favorite mech from 3 was easily the blackhawk.

It had so many lasers on it, it would shut down every time I fired them all at once. But it did so much damage that I would usually cripple a mech within 2-3 volleys, because I'd target the legs.

Unlike 2, where that just made you fall, it straight-up killed the opponent. Good times.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I hope they're not going to shove in the Clans too fast. One of the things that annoyed me a lot about Mechwarrior 4 is that it was entirely set in the Inner Sphere and yet completely saturated with rare and priceless Clan mechs and technology. I hope they flesh out the Inner Sphere lineup before throwing Timberwolves at us.

Well they've said one year real time=one year in game...

And what little I know of Battletech tells me the Clan Invasion really got in swing round 3050.

So we've got a year of nothin but IS infighting.

MechMantis on
  • Options
    That's what I'm hoping for, but on the other hand they can easily throw in some Periphery states where the Clans are already wrecking things.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    I shall be examining this.

I hope we get Awesomes at some point.

I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    why do the images in the OP look so much like fallout: new vegas

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    So, I've been looking at stick and HOTAS systems for the plethora of mech and space games coming out.
    It looks like there are 3 options. CH Products, Saitek, and Thrustmaster.
    Going by reviews, they all seem to have cons.

Thrustmaster is reportedly fragile and cheap and ps3 compatible. (I wonder if Armored Core 5 could use it hmmm.)
    Saitek is reportedly expensive, awesome, but high maintenance. Lot's of reviewers are mentioning breaking parts, just weeks after purchase.
    CH is reportedly an older design, rudderless, but sturdy. Supposedly the lack of a rudder is a big deal, but I don't even know what a rudder even does. Is it a big deal?

Any idea on what I should purchase to set myself up for Mechwarrior Online, X-Rebirth, and other games of those genres?

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    tech_huntertech_hunter More SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I think the rudder refers to the foot pedals?

What xbox360 game came with a whole controller set up, was it chrome hounds? Maybe you can find one of those I remmeber people saying they were constructed really well. No Idea if they would be compatible with a PC though

tech_hunter on
    Sig to mucho Grande!
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    i spent this morning watching Mechwarrior 3 youtube clips. i miss that game so much.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    So, I've been looking at stick and HOTAS systems for the plethora of mech and space games coming out.
    It looks like there are 3 options. CH Products, Saitek, and Thrustmaster.
    Going by reviews, they all seem to have cons.

Thrustmaster is reportedly fragile and cheap and ps3 compatible. (I wonder if Armored Core 5 could use it hmmm.)
    Saitek is reportedly expensive, awesome, but high maintenance. Lot's of reviewers are mentioning breaking parts, just weeks after purchase.
    CH is reportedly an older design, rudderless, but sturdy. Supposedly the lack of a rudder is a big deal, but I don't even know what a rudder even does. Is it a big deal?

Any idea on what I should purchase to set myself up for Mechwarrior Online, X-Rebirth, and other games of those genres?

I can vouch for the Saitek X52, just don't be rough with them and you should be fine? They come with warranties too.

Also pretty sure the rudder means twisting the joystick, which is important for mechwarrior torso twisting.

Also @Tech_Hunter you are thinking of Steel Battalion for oXbox. And yeah I think they do have drivers but the thing will be hard to find.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    I can vouch for Saitek as well, I've got an X45 that must be 6+ years old (the X52 replaced it) and I've never had any issues with it. I was pretty surprised that it's driver software still functioned perfectly on Win7, given that their website doesn't even list it any more.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Darmak wrote: »
    Don't forget the free, turn-based strategy Mechwarrior game being released as well

edit: their website is here
    The first link works out fine. Your second link just scrolls down the thread.

That's weird because in the forum code it's correct, but when you go to click on it, it's something else. Well I edited my post, and here it is again: http://www.mwtactics.com/

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkGvP8VFXAI

A new trailer, seems like all the content is from the developer interview I linked earlier. Still, hooray trailers!

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    About 40 seconds. that LRM launch.

Ahhhh, Ahyhhhhhhh I want it.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Can I just say how I have always hated the Jenner for being a useless piece of crap, ever since the Battletech RPG game?

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    I think you meant Jagermech

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Fishman wrote: »
    Can I just say how I have always hated the Jenner for being a useless piece of crap, ever since the Battletech RPG game?

yes

god I hated the stupid jenner

• Options
    I kind of like the Jenner. It's a solid design, the only real weakness is that its a light mech.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    the Jenner is the mech equivalent of packing peanuts

• Options
    if the Jenner was a common household flooring, it would be beige carpet

• Options
    NgwKE.png

so bad